IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

The perfect way to 'win friends and influence people' as the old book title goes.  Forgive us if we don't look kindly on that kind of behaviour, mmkay? 

How very Christian of you.

LOL! As Christian as the other professed Christians in this thread are? Spare me the religious insults, heard it before, don’t care, moving on. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Thanks for all the f you’s  I feel special that you feel the need to do that. ;) Really shows you care about people. 

ASSume much? But then again, a Lori leg-humper is someone who thinks they're better than everyone else, smarter than everyone else. But...I'll say it again...FUCK YOU!!! You are not "people". You are a PERSON. You, I have no use for. My sisters here at FJ I have plenty of use for...since you're utterly ignorant of our FJ culture and you come in here thinking you can "set us straight"...better men than you have tried and have had their asses handed to them. 

3 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I found this site almost 3 years ago. I didn't make a log in for almost a full year because I wanted to know what it was about first. I jump in, guns blazing before I knew. 

I'm still not sure exactly what your motive is here....? One minute you say you're not a fan of hers, then you say you are? Its one or the other. Period. Yeah it might take a little bit to go see what's been deleted or changed but it's worth the look. 

As far as your example of that family with the incarcerated father.... Let me clue you in to the Louisiana Public Records Doctrine. Nothing posted here was private knowledge. Anyone seeking public information on someone can do so for free in this state. Typically from the comfort of their home.  Someone could have friends there who may not have known the nature of his crime & lived nearby. I damn sure would want to know if I lived in a neighborhood with a family having a criminal & subsequent enabling history. 

Never said I wasn’t a fan. I agree with Lori on some stuff and others I don’t. 

That is a horrible excuse to try and back up sneaky behavior. Why not post it to that women on FB and question her honesty? Instead come here to post and ridicule and imply that she’s lying. Instead of offering support and help like this group here on this thread claims to do she and her family are put under scrutiny. Sick. 

8 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

LOL! As Christian as the other professed Christians in this thread are? Spare me the religious insults, heard it before, don’t care, moving on. 

And yet, we're not over here telling other women how to live their lives, are we?  We're not over here telling other women that if they don't live life EXACTLY like we say to do, they must hate God and his ways. When you set yourself up as a teacher or mentor, as Lori has done, you had better be living your own life in an exemplary manner, or you open yourself to some serious criticism. You'd better be doing exactly what you tell others to do, or your hypocrisy will be pointed out to you very quickly, and by people who know what they're talking about. That's what is happening to Lori, and she doesn't like it. Too bad. 

So spare ME your crap. I've heard it before, don't care, and will enjoy watching you 'move on.' :greetings-wavingyellow:

Hey, are we still doing 'what's for dinner,' y'all? I think I'm going to make tacos tonight, with some homemade salsa to go with.  

Ken -- I know you read here.  So this one is for you. 

For the love of God (and I mean that sincerely) stop Lori from re-posting and re-posting and re-posting her so-called viral post.  Four times in slightly less than 3 days. She looks ridiculous and desperate for attention.

Here's the thing:

1)  The post isn't viral. Viral means 100s of 1000s, even millions of views and shares across the whole internet.  It doesn't mean a few 100 comments on her FB this time around.

2)  It doesn't spontaneously go "viral" again on the anniversary of the original post..  People comment because Lori re-posts it in hopes of stirring things up again.  She's spending (wasting) your hard-earned money to boost the post in hopes of going "viral."

3)  Lori has a lightening fast delete finger when there are comments she disagrees with, or that disagree with her, on Every. Single. Other. Post.  But not this one -- Oh no.  On this one she leave all the disagreeing/ negative comments up in hopes of going "viral" and so we can see what a Christian Martyr she is and a victim of the rest of the world that hates God and his ways. 

Ken -- if you are the Command Man she says you are and the headship; if she is truly in submission to you and your requests, then tell her to stop making a fool of herself with this.

Because whatever she does reflects on you and your business.  You know, the business you work hard at so that Lori can then waste your money boosting her "viral" post again.  Remember she's re-posted it 4 times in slightly less than 3 days.

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

ASSume much? But then again, a Lori leg-humper is someone who thinks they're better than everyone else, smarter than everyone else. But...I'll say it again...FUCK YOU!!! You are not "people". You are a PERSON. You, I have no use for. My sisters here at FJ I have plenty of use for...since you're utterly ignorant of our FJ culture and you come in here thinking you can "set us straight"...better men than you have tried and have had their asses handed to them. 

I don’t think I’m better than anyone. And you know what they say about assuming. Makes an A** out of U and ME. So there’s that. And this is the freakin’ internet, not a CULTURE. Setting people straight is not my job, that’s Gods. But I won’t sit back and watch hateful women/men like you who can’t get past the cursing demean women for not other reason than their beliefs. And without even knowing these women or their stories no less. 

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

And yet, we're not over here telling other women how to live their lives, are we?  We're not over here telling other women that if they don't live life EXACTLY like we say to do, they must hate God and his ways. When you set yourself up as a teacher or mentor, as Lori has done, you had better be living your own life in an exemplary manner, or you open yourself to some serious criticism. You'd better be doing exactly what you tell others to do, or your hypocrisy will be pointed out to you very quickly, and by people who know what they're talking about. That's what is happening to Lori, and she doesn't like it. Too bad. 

So spare ME your crap. I've heard it before, don't care, and will enjoy watching you 'move on.' :greetings-wavingyellow:

Hey, are we still doing 'what's for dinner,' y'all? I think I'm going to make tacos tonight, with some homemade salsa to go with.  

And Loris not posting to your page. You choose to go harass and make fun and then run back here like little trolls with a morsel to feed to the rest of the starving trolls pining for something and someone to make fun of. 

Dinner is this thread. Yum. Freaking. Yum. 

7 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Never said I wasn’t a fan. I agree with Lori on some stuff and others I don’t. 

That is a horrible excuse to try and back up sneaky behavior. Why not post it to that women on FB and question her honesty? Instead come here to post and ridicule and imply that she’s lying. Instead of offering support and help like this group here on this thread claims to do she and her family are put under scrutiny. Sick. 

It's not sneaky. Sneaky means you're after something that isn't for public consumption.

I'm going to assume you're so righteous you've never in your life talked to your friend/relative/spouse about someone-good or bad- and not gone straight to that person & said what you had to say instead. Every. Single. Time. 

Many times people from here & beyond have questioned or offered help (suicide hotlines) only to have those comments deleted by the Queen herself. MANY TIMES.  There have also been public requests put here & on FB for those who are seeking any kind of help.  You didn't seem to come here looking for help or answers. You stepped in off the street & started making assumptions based on one single thread out of dozens. I don't know why you expected an open arms welcome. 

If you come to sew discord, discord is exactly what you will get.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:24 PM, EowynW said:

Guys I got a job. It isn't a great job. But it's a decent part time job doing what I know how to do. I swallowed my crushing anxiety and walked in off the street and they hired me on the spot. Out of a lot of candidates. 

You are my new hero.  I can't even manage to call to make an appointment with the therapist.  It's fantastic (and awesome and other words on the same line) that you did this!  Congrats and good luck!

16 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

But I won’t sit back and watch hateful women/men like you who can’t get past the cursing demean women for not other reason than their beliefs

Awww...I'm "hateful" and use cuss words...well...sheeeeeit! Thanks for telling me. I personally think you're fucking hysterical! But, if you support a woman who is abusive, nasty and hypocritical, that says more about you than it does her. Now, run along little girl, you haven't got what it takes to play with the big dogs. 

1 hour ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Making fun of people IS wrong. 

38 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Ummm it’s a joke. Haven’t you seen the Karen memes? They’re pretty funny. What question did I dodge now?

Bolding is mine. It's unfortunate that you've come here spoiling for a fight. I believe that there is something to learn from everybody, even Lori...occasionally and probably by accident but still. I would have liked to hear your opinions on Lori since you claim to have disagreed and simultaneously defend her. Your position could have been interesting to discuss if you weren't behaving so childishly. 

Lori "going viral" sure does bring 'em out of the woodwork, doesn't it?

1 minute ago, Imrlgoddess said:

It's not sneaky. Sneaky means you're after something that isn't for public consumption.

I'm going to assume you're so righteous you've never in your life talked to your friend/relative/spouse about someone-good or bad- and not gone straight to that person & said what you had to say instead. Every. Single. Time. 

Many times people from here & beyond have questioned or offered help (suicide hotlines) only to have those comments deleted by the Queen herself. MANY TIMES.  There have also been public requests put here & on FB for those who are seeking any kind of help.  You didn't seem to come here looking for help or answers. You stepped in off the street & started making assumptions based on one single thread out of dozens. I don't know why you expected an open arms welcome. 

If you come to sew discord, discord is exactly what you will get.

I didn’t expect anything. Y’all just want someone to chew on to make your lives more exciting. Whether it’s me or someone else on the World Wide Web, you’ll find someone to satisfy those gluttonous appetites to further fuel that hatred and the delusions that you’re “helping” people. It’s pathetic. 

That being said, I feel I’ve more than made my point and have wasted enough of my “righteous” time on people who can’t see past their own selfishness and need to scrutinize people for their beliefs. 

Enjoy your dinners. What do trolls eat by the way? Nevermind, don’t think I want to know. 

Tata. 

31 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

LOL! As Christian as the other professed Christians in this thread are?  

I'm not a professed Christian, sweetie, or any other kind of religious believer. I'm an ex-fundie who discovered that it wasn't working, and I've seen the harm that Lori's teachings can do. I care enough about other women to not tell them to sit at home when their husbands can't or won't pay the bills. I don't tell abused women to just stay put and take it because Jesus. I don't tell women it's better to be evicted and homeless than to accept a job offer. I don't claim to know what's best for all women like Lori does.  If that's a problem for you...well, I can live with that. 

1 hour ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

I’m saying she is right that she is to teach the younger women, etc., etc., and like I said sometimes her opinion muddies the message. 

Of all the ridiculous things you’ve said, this one wins the prize. She is right to teach younger women what?  Her own (mis)interpretations of the Bible?  How to be a hateful shrew?  How it’s funny that she poked a hole in her diaphragm to get pregnant with her second child?  How hitting her husband once doesn’t make her an abuser so your husband hitting you once doesn’t make him one either? (How do I know that if Lori had hit Ken THREE times, then your husband wouldn’t be an abuser if he did the same to you?)

No, I don’t agree that Lori is right to teach younger women ANYTHING, and the God I know doesn’t either. There is nothing that wicked woman knows that I need to learn. 

If some woman is going to be taught by some idiot shrew on the internet, she's got shitloads of bigger problems to solve. Lori wouldn't know what "mentoring" is if it bit her right square in the ass. Go look up the definition of mentoring. What she does ain't it. 

My husband and I do a lot of work with people suffering from a certain disease. We do it because we have experienced it, the good, bad and ugly. We use our story regarding this disease to encourage people who are suffering from it and contemplating the one curative surgery, even though the surgery itself is life-altering.  Lori has never wanted for a fucking thing in her little charmed life but she sits in her million dollar home and tells women who are living in poverty how to live. That don't work in the real world. She doesn't encourage jack shit other than how to be a doormat, even though it's fairly obvious that she still rules the Alexander roost. 

15 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

I didn’t expect anything. Y’all just want someone to chew on to make your lives more exciting. Whether it’s me or someone else on the World Wide Web, you’ll find someone to satisfy those gluttonous appetites to further fuel that hatred and the delusions that you’re “helping” people. It’s pathetic. 

That being said, I feel I’ve more than made my point and have wasted enough of my “righteous” time on people who can’t see past their own selfishness and need to scrutinize people for their beliefs. 

Enjoy your dinners. What do trolls eat by the way? Nevermind, don’t think I want to know. 

Tata. 

Well you certainly told us. In a teenbopperish  way, but you did try. And I'm really grateful for your effort. 

First time I've participated in a nail polish thread drift.  

Here's my thing- my nails are very strong, and can grow long.  I don't like them long, because (for me) they feel weird/gross when they get long.  

I had acrylics when I was in my twenties, but I had them taken off when my babies were born. Now they are teenagers and I feel like I have time for pretty nails again.

So- Don't want them long/don't want acrylics.  Do short nails look good painted, or should I just leave them plain?  Also, what are some nail polishes (or tips for painting your nails in such a way) that don't chip right away?  

Lori Anderson's teachings are dangerous. In her own words she says her interpretation of the Bible is correct. ANYONE who goes against her is deleted or told they are against God. 

Some examples of her dangerous teachings:

Wives are never, ever to deny their husbands sex, even at the risk of their own health or their pregnancy. 

She teaches staying with an abusive husband EVEN WHEN HE PUTS A GUN TO HEAD.

Not only did she delete the suicide hotline number but she didn't even offer words of encouragement to the suicidal woman. 

Women are not supposed to work outside the home no matter what. Because God said so, according to Lori. 

These are just a FEW points. 

2 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Making fun of people IS wrong. 

Why don't you go tell that to Lori.  She makes fun of people all the bloody time.  

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

First time I've participated in a nail polish thread drift.  

Here's my thing- my nails are very strong, and can grow long.  I don't like them long, because (for me) they feel weird/gross when they get long.  

I had acrylics when I was in my twenties, but I had them taken off when my babies were born. Now they are teenagers and I feel like I have time for pretty nails again.

So- Don't want them long/don't want acrylics.  Do short nails look good painted, or should I just leave them plain?  Also, what are some nail polishes (or tips for painting your nails in such a way) that don't chip right away?  

I have to keep my nails short (I'm a nurse) but am allowed to have polished nails.  I think they look really nice if the color suits me.  (I like deep reds, unless it's hockey season then it's gold and black, GO Pens!)  My daughters nails are short and they also look good polished.  

As far as chipping, I tend to go with gel because it lasts longer.  I can't pain my nails worth a damn so I just have them done at the salon.  I am not sure what they use, I always bring my own OPI.  

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

I keep my nails 1/16"-1/8" above the tips of my fingers. I currently have them shaped squared off with rounded edges. I do gels exclusively. They don't chip, EVER! I mean, like working under the hood of my car don't chip! And, these puppies are lethal weapons. The few times I've broken a nail has been like putting my fingers under the car door handle when they're a bit too long and they just snap off. Right now I have 3 fake tips on my left hand because they got broken. Oh...a hint. Only go to nail salons staffed by Cambodian or Vietnamese people. Trust me on this. Fantastic service, great prices. I got a mani/pedi & wax for 68 bucks where I always go. Try to always go to the same place too. We're planning to move further south in the city, closer to where I'm  going to be working (talk to the spouse about that move) but I'll still be coming up here for my nails. 

By talk to the spouse about that move, I mean, well...he worries too much about me. He doesn't want me to have a long commute...because, he's like that. So, if we get the apartment we want, I'll be less than 2 miles from where I'll be working. He's rather protective and occasionally a bit "helocopterish". 

This marks the first time I’ve used the Fuck You reaction on FJ.  Good times! :pb_lol:

@koala my own rule of thumb (haha) is the shorter the nail, the lighter the polish color. I usually skip the paint these days and use a polishing buffer instead for natural shine. 

I’ve had a pretty shit last few weeks, (worries about #2, health issues, taking care of my scared nephews because my 34yr old brother had a heart attack) so I’ve been avoiding Lori for fear of her disgusting views sending me over the edge. 

instead I’ve spent the last few mins writing up some of your pretty awesome recipes, laughing at some of the responses to vile viral Lori going viral, giving a virtue high five to @EowynW for the job news and watching you guys take down a rather bad troll with grace, facts and humour. 

Thank you! You guys made me smile 

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

I'm making braised beef tacos right meow!  Never did braised beef ones before and it's smelling good up in here!

How come trolls never come with something cohesive to say?  We're open to genuine discussion here.  You are wasting your time.  We are here to discuss the dangers of religion and for friendship, as we do.  

My current favorite dinner is ground turkey fried in a little ghee, mixed with kimchee.  It's quite good.  

Does anyone here follow the FODMAP eating plan?  I have microscopic colitis.  It's the shits and the plan helps a lot. It would help a lot more if I followed it all the time.  My biggest downfall is bread.  I hate gluten free bread.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived