IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

8 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I have no guess and unless it's Ken or Lori, I probably wouldn't even know who that is!  I know of the creepy guys that post on her page in comments.  They really freak me out.  Scary "men" right there.  I still want to know though just because.....LOL!  Heathen and all.

Check my spoilers above. 

Speaking of creepy men, Thomas is another rape apologist. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Hane said:

I do not understand why my post is quoting the inestimable TeddyBonkers, but I now have a burning desire to pick blueberries and make preserves out of them. I’m not even sure whether they’re ripe yet around here. I just need blueberry preserves in my life.

I bought lemons and blueberries just today. And I have a little jar of Penzey's lemon zest that has been just WAITING on a recipe like TeddyBonkers' jam. So as soon as I can get my hands on pectin, it's a GO.

I have super thin, bendy, peely nails. Thanks, EDS!

So I leave, keep getting notifications and then a message from a kind hearted soul saying I may have misjudged this forum. Come back to see what all the fuss is about and see that what I first came here to see for myself, is still going on and in fact, I was right. Ridiculing and  name calling without poor little ol’ me here to defend myself. 

Maybe some of you need to take a probiotic with your dinners, will help clear up that crap some of you are full of. May I suggest Probio5 from Plexus? It works quite well. 

Shoutout to the Pink drinker a few posts up. ;)

939E8CF1-A126-49E3-A6D6-C65DFAAB1672.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

But I won’t sit back and watch hateful women/men like you who can’t get past the cursing demean women for not other reason than their beliefs

Lori tried to kick her cat and missed. She kicked so hard that the impact caused real harm to her foot. 

Lori pretends that she's 'teaching women' and then deletes their comments and questions whilst courting attention from men who don't deserve to breathe the same air as a woman, let alone be married to one. 

Lori slapped her husband and seems proud of that.

Lori flicked the cheek of her breastfeeding infant(s).

Lori beat her daughter over spilling food on the floor for over an hour.

Lori has shown many times over the years that she's a hypocrite. Dining out, frugality, taking care of the home, supporting women in Christianity, advising people against going to college when she, Ken, and all their kids (correct me if I'm wrong, someone, please) all attended college. 

And we here at FJ are the hateful ones? 

Well, fine. If hateful means spreading the word about Lori 'Do as I say, not as I do' Alexander, then I guess I'm hateful and will continue to be hateful. Gonna take a wild guess and assume I'm not the only one who doesn't give a flying fuck whether or not a leghumper thinks I'm hateful, especially when there's just cause for the criticism we engage in here.

Now, @Jessesgirl25, I get that this must feel like a dogpile, but I have a question. And, I don't know how to word this intelligently, but if women aren't to teach scripture, according to her own beliefs, then why is she interjecting her opinion (to the point where it muddies her apparent intended message no less) about these scriptures on a platform where she knows men read and seek education? The answer 'she ministers to women and men are free to read or not if they so wish and she can't help that' doesn't fly. Especially when she interacts with those men on a more consistent and nice level than she does the women she claims to be teaching. It's a bit fishy, no?

It's not FJ's job to try and change your mind, but I personally would be remiss if I didn't try. Lori is bad news. She's self-absorbed, violent, judgemental, a perpetual whiner, and a total bully. And yeah, I see from your less than warm welcome here that you might feel the same way about us on here, but I'm pretty sure none of us would ever deny you the chance to access life-saving resources to further our cause (Lori and the suicide hotline, anyone?). We're a nice lot, actually.  I won't deny there can be spats. Sometimes things get heated and the 'Fuck You' emojis can get flung about among people who otherwise are friendly with each other, but I can confidently say that I've never learned as much and been as challenged intellectually in any other forum or internet group as I am here. FJ is not a safe space for the ignorant and the unwilling to learn, but you could gain so much here if you just took a second and reassessed just what it is you're looking to accomplish. 

If you wanna be submissive to your husband, fine. Your life, your choice, no one's harmed by that at all as long as he respects and honours that by treating you kindly. But Lori teaches that women should be submissive to their husbands as being the only right, Godly way to have a marriage, and pressures women to stay in these relationships even when it's obvious that these relationships are abusive. If you don't understand just by reading this that that's not okay then I don't know what else I can say to convince you. 

When Lori stops teaching hateful messages and spreading dangerous interpretations of doctrine, maybe we won't have a reason to go so hard on her. But until then we're probably not going to stop. You're wasting energy here, and much the same as with Krissy a few threads back, Lori's probably not going to thank you for it.

2 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

So I leave, whine whine whine, complain complain complain, probable lie, more whining, poor little ol’ me, name calling

Name-calling, you say? Did someone call you Karen? 

Just now, polecat said:

No, other things, yes. B*tch and c*nt waffle are the latest apparently and I wasn’t even involved in the conversation anymore. 

5 minutes ago, polecat said:

Nobody is whining, lol. Go read for yourself! The truth is not whining. 

3 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

LOL! As Christian as the other professed Christians in this thread are? Spare me the religious insults, heard it before, don’t care, moving on. 

This is for Jesse y'all can skip to the bottom for my nail polish opinion if you want. Sorry about the length!

Hi there! You know I kinda hope you stick around for a while. Really get to reading here. It's really hard to judge this forum without sticking around for over a week at least, probably more. I read quite a bit before I finally made a log in and started commenting.

There's been some intense discussion with disagreements and while it makes me uncomfortable because I'm conflict avoidant I've learned a lot whether I agree or disagree. I've reflected a lot on my own beliefs. Most of these ladies don't pull punches which can take getting used to but they also won't BS you. But really when I think of these women here I kinda see them as mama bears. They protect their own and someone new coming in and down voting valued members is bound to rile them and me up. It's just not really in the spirit of this forum so it stands out. When people lose their job we step in and offer comfort, when someone gets a job we celebrate. We share recipes, advice and joyful moments. 

That being said I think you're wrong in assuming we sit here and make fun of all the commenters all the time. Most of the time when a comment is reposted it's because it's particularly foul (K.B Davies) or just completely insane. Or it's because we feel particularly sad for a comment. Other times it's discussion of how we can report a women who appears to be abusing her child. It varies really.

Additionally Lori is rarely biblical. I just graduated from a seminary, am passionate about studying the role of men and women in scripture, and have spoken with knowledgeable people on this subject. I was blocked on Facebook for suggesting that we should be more concerned with serving others than being in charge or in a place of power. Just as Jesus rebuked his disciples for being concerned about this. I was respectful and polite in all of my interactions while there. I was blocked on Instagram for providing factual, historical information on the development of childhood. Someone who is concerned with the truth does not do those things.

I've caught her using bad sources, including a middle school project website and illuminati conspiracy theorists. As someone trained in research and determining good sources I can tell you that this does not lead to good teaching.

She passive aggressively attacks her own daughter which is awful. Her daughter seems like the sweetest person who doesn't deserve that. She has beaten her children, hit her husband, and is verbally aggressive to commentor who don't agree. I remember one woman mourning her infertility. Lori's reply "we don't always get what we want". 

So maybe stick around and silently learn for a bit without judgement. See how we work and care for each other. Disagreement is allowed (you won't be blocked for disagreeing) but down voting doesn't seem to be a favored method here. If you don't like it, skip over it and like the ones you do like. Although I'm terrible about liking in general because I just forget lol.

p.s this is my personal perceptions about the working of this forum. If I'm wrong then I'm happy to have additional information. 

Nail polish: so I'm testing out a vegan band called Zoya. I painted them yesterday and like it so far. I did white with a red pink accent nail. I have short nails because I'm a nail biter but I think they look cute painted and it helps me not bite as much. It's a bad habit but I'm lucky that my nails rarely look torn up. My favorite brands are ICE and the wet and wild long lasting ones with the thicker wand. I don't see a difference between cheap and expensive for my nails. I've done Jamberrys and really liked them and I like gel manicures. 

@Jessesgirl25, I have a sincere question for you. 

What are some of the things you admire about Lori? You have stated that you disagree with some of what she teaches but there must be some things you strongly agree with - things you truly admire and respect about her. I ask because it seems your feelings must be pretty strong for you to register and make comments here.  

I'd also like to point out that I, personally, have received great encouragment from the members of this group lately.  My family has suffered tremendous loss in the past year and these friends here have shown a lot of compassion and love. 

In fact I have seen a lot of compassion and worry about the people we discuss here, when their own families seem to have none to give.  For example, when Lori was hospitalized about a year ago, FJ members expressed concern for her, dropped the snarking and openly wished Ken would be kinder to her.  

I think maybe you just have not been here long enough to see that this is a VERY supportive and compassionate group.  I wish you would have given us a bit more of a chance.   I hope you will answer my question about Lori.  I think we'd all like to read your response.  

31 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

So I leave, keep getting notifications and then a message from a kind hearted soul saying I may have misjudged this forum. Come back to see what all the fuss is about and see that what I first came here to see for myself, is still going on and in fact, I was right. Ridiculing and  name calling without poor little ol’ me here to defend myself. 

Maybe some of you need to take a probiotic with your dinners, will help clear up that crap some of you are full of. May I suggest Probio5 from Plexus? It works quite well. 

Shoutout to the Pink drinker a few posts up. ;)

939E8CF1-A126-49E3-A6D6-C65DFAAB1672.jpeg

That was a joke, in reference to another of the fundies we discuss here on FJ. Which you would know if you'd taken some time to browse the boards and learn a little about us and about the people we discuss here  before jumping in and exercising your downvote finger. 

I wouldn't touch Plexus with a ten foot length of plumbing line (something else you will learn about if you decide to actually do some reading here, unless of course you're already familiar with Michael and Debi Pearl).

Oh--you can turn off your notifications, you know. 

Aaah, you know sometimes on here with the leghumpers and the trolls I question why I bother.

Sure, me, you just go ahead and spend a solid 20 minutes working on a post and then checking it over to make sure it's not too aggressive and trying to touch it up to make it more approachable just in case there's the smallest chance that maybe we've got someone who's not as they seem and is in fact just looking for answers and maybe companionship. And yes, me, remember most or all of the things that Lori's done just so you can make your case without resorting to easily dismissable name-calling (adding cunt waffle to the roster of insults though, for sure) for the sake of credibility. Me, dear me, please do also try hard to remember and engage the person we're speaking with and try to relate to them on a personal level. And, yes, me, please, absolutely, insert, more, commas, here, please please remember to add that it's a friendly community despite this current unrest. 

And then, me, after all that, post it and wait as your comment gets ignored by the one you aimed it at as they continue to talk about absolutely nothing of substance or importance. 

And then finally, me, accept it. This person's looking for a petty argument and will eventually flounce with a testimony of persecution and us bitter, evil hags who didn't even try at all to engage with her on an adult level here at FJ. 

You can lead a leghumper to water...

(no shade on anyone else btw, I wish my first reaction had been a hearty sod off but nooooo... can't control myself for even one time)

whatever

4 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

This is for Jesse y'all can skip to the bottom for my nail polish opinion if you want. Sorry about the length!

Hi there! You know I kinda hope you stick around for a while. Really get to reading here. It's really hard to judge this forum without sticking around for over a week at least, probably more. I read quite a bit before I finally made a log in and started commenting.

There's been some intense discussion with disagreements and while it makes me uncomfortable because I'm conflict avoidant I've learned a lot whether I agree or disagree. I've reflected a lot on my own beliefs. Most of these ladies don't pull punches which can take getting used to but they also won't BS you. But really when I think of these women here I kinda see them as mama bears. They protect their own and someone new coming in and down voting valued members is bound to rile them and me up. It's just not really in the spirit of this forum so it stands out. When people lose their job we step in and offer comfort, when someone gets a job we celebrate. We share recipes, advice and joyful moments. 

That being said I think you're wrong in assuming we sit here and make fun of all the commenters all the time. Most of the time when a comment is reposted it's because it's particularly foul (K.B Davies) or just completely insane. Or it's because we feel particularly sad for a comment. Other times it's discussion of how we can report a women who appears to be abusing her child. It varies really.

Additionally Lori is rarely biblical. I just graduated from a seminary, am passionate about studying the role of men and women in scripture, and have spoken with knowledgeable people on this subject. I was blocked on Facebook for suggesting that we should be more concerned with serving others than being in charge or in a place of power. Just as Jesus rebuked his disciples for being concerned about this. I was respectful and polite in all of my interactions while there. I was blocked on Instagram for providing factual, historical information on the development of childhood. Someone who is concerned with the truth does not do those things.

I've caught her using bad sources, including a middle school project website and illuminati conspiracy theorists. As someone trained in research and determining good sources I can tell you that this does not lead to good teaching.

She passive aggressively attacks her own daughter which is awful. Her daughter seems like the sweetest person who doesn't deserve that. She has beaten her children, hit her husband, and is verbally aggressive to commentor who don't agree. I remember one woman mourning her infertility. Lori's reply "we don't always get what we want". 

So maybe stick around and silently learn for a bit without judgement. See how we work and care for each other. Disagreement is allowed (you won't be blocked for disagreeing) but down voting doesn't seem to be a favored method here. If you don't like it, skip over it and like the ones you do like. Although I'm terrible about liking in general because I just forget lol.

p.s this is my personal perceptions about the working of this forum. If I'm wrong then I'm happy to have additional information. 

Nail polish: so I'm testing out a vegan band called Zoya. I painted them yesterday and like it so far. I did white with a red pink accent nail. I have short nails because I'm a nail biter but I think they look cute painted and it helps me not bite as much. It's a bad habit but I'm lucky that my nails rarely look torn up. My favorite brands are ICE and the wet and wild long lasting ones with the thicker wand. I don't see a difference between cheap and expensive for my nails. I've done Jamberrys and really liked them and I like gel manicures. 

I appreciate the kind response. And pardon if this sounds harsh or rude but yes these women and their opinions may have value to you but they don’t to me. I don’t mean that in a mean way, but I don’t automatically attach value to people I don’t know, atleast not a high value because I know we are all of some worth but those you know are worth more to you if you understand what I am saying. 

Being called a “fan girl” before I even typed a word really set the tone on this forum for me. And forgive me if I’m wrong but doesn’t down voting mean you don’t like or agree with something? If not, what is the point of it? And personally some of the screenshots of commentators on Loris posts I know a bit better than just what is presented to the public and to see some of their posts splashed across here to be scrutinized is pretty upsetting when you know what some of them are going through. That doesn’t inspire kind feelings toward anyone in here participating in that. As I told the person who politely messaged me, I didn’t come here to defend Lori, it was more for the people who a few of us have learned that are in here being pointed at. And if you all are such a tight knit group, you surely would do the same I would imagine.

When as a newcomer reading through this thread, it doesn’t seem to be a well meaning group and because of my downvoting and the response to it, it felt pretty much proven that any disagreeing wouldn’t be welcomed on any level. I said many times I don’t always agree with Lori but it seems that even if you agree a tiny bit with a few things you’re just straight up wrong, kind of like the way some have described Lori. Their way or no way. 

And truly just curious, if it is encouraged to just skip over what you don’t like here, why is that not applied to posts you don’t agree with on FB? 

One of Lori's male readers posted that he believed wives should submit to their husbands even in cases of the husband sexually abusing their children.  Seriously, the wife is to stand by and allow it.

Lori, who deletes comments like she's getting paid to do it, allowed that comment to stand.  She didn't delete it.  She didn't tell the poster he had crossed a line.  She let the comment stand.  Ask yourself why.

This is the woman  you're defending, @Jessesgirl25

28 minutes ago, Loveday said:

That was a joke, in reference to another of the fundies we discuss here on FJ. Which you would know if you'd taken some time to browse the boards and learn a little about us and about the people we discuss here  before jumping in and exercising your downvote finger. 

I wouldn't touch Plexus with a ten foot length of plumbing line (something else you will learn about if you decide to actually do some reading here, unless of course you're already familiar with Michael and Debi Pearl).

Oh--you can turn off your notifications, you know. 

Well excuuuuuuuse me Miss Queen Sh*t on Turd Island. 

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

One of Lori's male readers posted that he believed wives should submit to their husbands even in cases of the husband sexually abusing their children.  Seriously, the wife is to stand by and allow it.

Lori, who deletes comments like she's getting paid to do it, allowed that comment to stand.  She didn't delete it.  She didn't tell the poster he had crossed a line.  She let the comment stand.  Ask yourself why.

This is the woman  you're defending, @Jessesgirl25

What post is that because I’d like to go make a comment about that. 

Just now, Jessesgirl25 said:

:laughing-rolling: I shall treasure this remark forever. :laughing-rolling:

2 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

@Koala is the person to ask for links and screenshots.

RE: this

"One of Lori's male readers posted that he believed wives should submit to their husbands even in cases of the husband sexually abusing their children.  Seriously, the wife is to stand by and allow it." 

On a side note: 

Seems like Lori has a fellow poop lover in this one. Do you weigh your poop also? Complain about people pooping on your lawn? (Actually, isn't OfJesse technically pooping on OUR lawn right now?)

8 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

When as a newcomer reading through this thread, it doesn’t seem to be a well meaning group and because of my downvoting and the response to it, it felt pretty much proven that any disagreeing wouldn’t be welcomed on any level. I said many times I don’t always agree with Lori but it seems that even if you agree a tiny bit with a few things you’re just straight up wrong, kind of like the way some have described Lori. Their way or no way. 

Since you are new, just a suggestion: Maybe it would have worked better if you had downvoted and then explained to that member why you did that*. Perhaps start your response with "I disagree with that because...." and perhaps give some quotes or screenshots that support your opinion, if that applies.  Disagreement IS welcome here, as is discussion as to WHY we disagree. 

*My apologies if you actually did give explanations. I feel like I showed up in the middle of a game and, try as I might, I am not sure I've caught up on all of this. 

2 minutes ago, polecat said:

Seems like Lori has a fellow poop lover in this one. Do you weigh your poop also? Complain about people pooping on your lawn? (Actually, isn't OfJesse technically pooping on OUR lawn right now?)

Well, y'all know how much Lori likes to talk about anal sex...

2 minutes ago, polecat said:

@Koala is the person to ask for links and screenshots.

RE: this

On a side note: 

I much prefer the term fertilizing. And no I don’t weigh it. I don’t “poop”. My husband thinks it’s all fairy dust and glitter so we’ll just leave it at that. Ha ha. And before you get your knickers in a wad, it was a joke. Sarcastic humor seems to be the way of it here. 

1 minute ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

And truly just curious, if it is encouraged to just skip over what you don’t like here, why is that not applied to posts you don’t agree with on FB? 

Well I don't know if it's the case for everyone here, but for me it's because Lori promotes and espouses practices and beliefs that lead to the harm of women, children, and to a lesser extent, men also. 

A very outspoken supporter of the Pearls, Lori promotes the ideas that beating children for misbehaviour (and also creating scenarios yourself to set your child up just so you can then have that chance to beat them) is the only way to raise good, Christian children. To promote Debi's ideas on marriage, also, where a wife must sacrifice her whole self and life and interests (I'm no stranger to the NGJ ministries website, I can pull up the references at any time) for the sake of supporting her husband. These kinds of messages can and have led to the abuse of women and children, and it's extremely hypocritical of her to spread these messages when she clearly does not defer to Ken in any way and also is not herself raising children (thankfully) any longer.

Your friends, despite what they're going through, have probably said some harmful things or engaged in harmful activities if they've ended up being discussed here. Bad circumstances don't negate crappy beliefs and if they make those beliefs public then they're fair game. I sure as heck would not come charging onto a forum I know sod all about all guns blazing to defend my friends no matter the beliefs or circumstances because I don't go around looking for fights that I can't win (or can win, really, I'm a reactor, not a provoker). 

Ugh there's so much more I can talk about with Lori but at this point if you don't understand why we're calling her our then you never will. It's been explained on this very thread before. And in the many other Lori threads, if you care to check out the real beliefs and practices of the woman you apparently disagree with but yet still appear to be following and defending blindly.

As far as I'm aware, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, nobody here is shouting out and saying that their way of life is the only way to live a good life and that any deviation from that is sinful and indicative of moral failure on anyone else's part.

Lori deletes what she says if she gets enough flak for it and doesn't own her own words at all because she cares more about going viral(!) than the women she pretends she's helping.

Here, like it or lump it, we own what we say, and wrong is not the worst thing (the general) you can be. We learn from our mistakes and can eventually agree to disagree. We keep each other accountable when needed, but ultimately nobody is forced to conform. You're free to stay here as you like and say the same things and support Lori, but (and you might not be familiar with the concept of it, because it seems like Lori banishes mention of anything other than what she thinks is right) discussion happens here. If your beliefs are harmful or if you're defending someone else's harmful beliefs, then you're going to get called out on it. It's not always sunshine and rainbows but it's important.  Engage in a little self-analysis now and again, you'll likely end up more enlightened for it.

FJ exists to discuss the dangers of fundamentalism, not to skip over it to keep the fundies and their fangirls happy.

33 minutes ago, Escadora said:

Aaah, you know sometimes on here with the leghumpers and the trolls I question why I bother.

Sure, me, you just go ahead and spend a solid 20 minutes working on a post and then checking it over to make sure it's not too aggressive and trying to touch it up to make it more approachable just in case there's the smallest chance that maybe we've got someone who's not as they seem and is in fact just looking for answers and maybe companionship. And yes, me, remember most or all of the things that Lori's done just so you can make your case without resorting to easily dismissable name-calling (adding cunt waffle to the roster of insults though, for sure) for the sake of credibility. Me, dear me, please do also try hard to remember and engage the person we're speaking with and try to relate to them on a personal level. And, yes, me, please, absolutely, insert, more, commas, here, please please remember to add that it's a friendly community despite this current unrest. 

And then, me, after all that, post it and wait as your comment gets ignored by the one you aimed it at as they continue to talk about absolutely nothing of substance or importance. 

And then finally, me, accept it. This person's looking for a petty argument and will eventually flounce with a testimony of persecution and us bitter, evil hags who didn't even try at all to engage with her on an adult level here at FJ. 

You can lead a leghumper to water...

(no shade on anyone else btw, I wish my first reaction had been a hearty sod off but nooooo... can't control myself for even one time)

whatever

Ahh! I’m sorry. I’m getting notifications left and right. I’m not intentionally ignoring nyone whether it be negative or positive. I’ll go back through and find yours. :)

6 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Hi! Glad you noticed. Glad I don’t have a reputation here. Props to you for being so “popular”. What is this? High school? Nothing better to do than sit around and make fun of people? Such an established  adult you are! 

Um, no girl.  This was your first post after down voting a bunch of posts about Lori, not even these women you are familiar with.  You came in nasty.  You had nothing of value to say from then on. You didn't even bother to state your business here and offer your view.  You have been childish.  Do you really not read what posters are saying here, often in great detail?  Do you not see the women speaking from experience why they feel Lori is so dangerous to a fellow sister in a real bad "Christian" marriage?  You have come across as snippy with nothing of value to contribute.  

23 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

You really should grow the fuck up.  And you should take the time to get the feel for a forum before you shit all over the carpet.  

@Beermeet & @CelticGoddess 

Damn y'all...have I ever said how much I LOVE you guys? 

@Jessesgirl25 you have been married all of about 5 minutes compared to most of us here. You REALLY think you can come in, guns blazing and telling us how it's gonna be? You really think that Lori gives good advice? If so, your utter ignorance of scripture is hanging out. Why don't you sit down, shut up and learn from people who know a thing or two? 

And now...back to drooling over Keanu Reeves...goddamn the man is FINE!

10 minutes ago, Escadora said:

Well I don't know if it's the case for everyone here, but for me it's because Lori promotes and espouses practices and beliefs that lead to the harm of women, children, and to a lesser extent, men also. 

A very outspoken supporter of the Pearls, Lori promotes the ideas that beating children for misbehaviour (and also creating scenarios yourself to set your child up just so you can then have that chance to beat them) is the only way to raise good, Christian children. To promote Debi's ideas on marriage, also, where a wife must sacrifice her whole self and life and interests (I'm no stranger to the NGJ ministries website, I can pull up the references at any time) for the sake of supporting her husband. These kinds of messages can and have led to the abuse of women and children, and it's extremely hypocritical of her to spread these messages when she clearly does not defer to Ken in any way and also is not herself raising children (thankfully) any longer.

Your friends, despite what they're going through, have probably said some harmful things or engaged in harmful activities if they've ended up being discussed here. Bad circumstances don't negate crappy beliefs and if they make those beliefs public then they're fair game. I sure as heck would not come charging onto a forum I know sod all about all guns blazing to defend my friends no matter the beliefs or circumstances because I don't go around looking for fights that I can't win (or can win, really, I'm a reactor, not a provoker). 

Ugh there's so much more I can talk about with Lori but at this point if you don't understand why we're calling her our then you never will. It's been explained on this very thread before. And in the many other Lori threads, if you care to check out the real beliefs and practices of the woman you apparently disagree with but yet still appear to be following and defending blindly.

As far as I'm aware, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, nobody here is shouting out and saying that their way of life is the only way to live a good life and that any deviation from that is sinful and indicative of moral failure on anyone else's part.

Lori deletes what she says if she gets enough flak for it and doesn't own her own words at all because she cares more about going viral(!) than the women she pretends she's helping.

Here, like it or lump it, we own what we say, and wrong is not the worst thing (the general) you can be. We learn from our mistakes and can eventually agree to disagree. We keep each other accountable when needed, but ultimately nobody is forced to conform. You're free to stay here as you like and say the same things and support Lori, but (and you might not be familiar with the concept of it, because it seems like Lori banishes mention of anything other than what she thinks is right) discussion happens here. If your beliefs are harmful or if you're defending someone else's harmful beliefs, then you're going to get called out on it. It's not always sunshine and rainbows but it's important.  Engage in a little self-analysis now and again, you'll likely end up more enlightened for it.

FJ exists to discuss the dangers of fundamentalism, not to skip over it to keep the fundies and their fangirls happy.

As I’ve mentioned before some things I agree with (mostly on how to treat your husband because for me it has actually worked, thank God) other things no. Staying with an abusive spouse, nope. Always spanking your child, nope. Never disobeying your husband, nope (this one actually got some of my comments deleted and a private message from her to discuss to which she ended up going to her other admins to see if she was actually the one in the wrong in the way she responded), not getting a divorce, nope (I am on my second marriage), I know there were a few more but some are very specific in which I made comments to disagree. But that is the basic jist of it. And surprisingly I have not been blocked which I fully expected at one time.

And like I said I didn’t really come to defend Lori she does that in her own way and she knows this forum exists. Someone in here is also in a closed group made by Lori that takes screenshots of comments, etc., that are supposed to stay in that room. I feel that is wrong. Not all of the women in that group agree with everything Lori says so there are women in there who are a great help to others. And to find out things got out was hurtful to some. No matter what, for or against, things like that should be off limits and not displayed publicly. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived