IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

5 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I own my PhD in Bitch. I've earned it, Seems to me someone better come up with a better insult. And, I AM the alpha bitch in my house. Hub knows it, kids know it, even the cats know it.

Just for you..

Spoiler

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Hey, if licking and sniffing a** is your thing, have at it sweetheart. 

Don't knock it till ya try it sistah........

1 minute ago, Imrlgoddess said:

The alpha female is the sniffee not the sniffer. The rest of the pack possibly literally kisses her ass. 

6 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I've had enough of your shit little girl...

I don’t care Grandma. I usually respect my elders but for you I’ll make an exception. Sit and spin Old Yeller. 

4 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Baha! No thank you! To each their own! 

15 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

I agree that some do respond kindly and do seem to care to which I have done the same back to them I feel. A lot of things you mentioned are from the Pearls, child stuff from the To Train Up A Child book and her other favorite, Created to be His Helpmeet. I know some here don’t like them either which completely makes sense. 

I understand where you are coming from. 

And thank you to you and your husband for your service by the way. 

No. That shit is also straight from Lori. Don't come in here telling us that shit is just from her favorite books. Lori believes vile untrue things, preaches vile untrue things and therefore must own her own wicked teachings . 

1 minute ago, EowynW said:

No. That shit is also straight from Lori. Don't come in here telling us that shit is just from her favorite books. Lori believes vile untrue things, preaches vile untrue things and therefore must own her own wicked teachings . 

I wasn’t defending it, lol. I have read both of those books, the Pearls do advocate those behaviors, flicking the cheek, etc. She references them quite frequently.  

4 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

I wasn’t defending it, lol. I have read both of those books, the Pearls do advocate those behaviors, flicking the cheek, etc. She references them quite frequently.  

Do you as a mother agree with doing those behaviors?

49 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

If I treated my husband the way Lori treats Ken, I'd be divorced by now. If I acted the way Lori says a wife should act, I'd be divorced by now. 

This. You’ve said it perfectly

Since I neither treated my husband like Lori did, nor acted the way she now says a wife should act (which is 180 from how she treated Ken), I’m married 35 years this year. There were times in the early days I stuck with it only to prove wrong those people who said we’d never make it (hey, whatever it takes), but it’s been pretty smooth sailing for 20 years. 

5 years but been together for 10?  First of all, that seems a little “half birthday-ish”, and proves to me you’re pretty new at this thing called marriage. But, seriously, if you want it be in it for the long haul, disregard 99% of what Lori Alexander says. You’ll only end up feeling resented and resentful, and that’s not a pretty look on a middle-aged wife. (For proof:  see L. Alexander).

1 minute ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Do you as a mother agree with doing those behaviors?

Flicking a babies cheek? No. Swatting a child’s hand to keep them from something they’re not supposed to have yes, but NOT with a rod or anything other than my hand. This statement isn’t for pity but I was beaten as a child, my father went to jail once for 6 months because of it. I KNOW what it’s like to be hit with things other than a hand and I would never do something like to my child. That was actually a point of contention between Lori and I because I don’t believe in using a rod. 

Waiting for an answer as to why you are here....  :)

1 hour ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Staying with an abusive spouse, nope. Always spanking your child, nope. Never disobeying your husband, nope (this one actually got some of my comments deleted and a private message from her to discuss to which she ended up going to her other admins to see if she was actually the one in the wrong in the way she responded), not getting a divorce, nope (I am on my second marriage), I know there were a few more but some are very specific in which I made comments to disagree. But that is the basic jist of it. And surprisingly I have not been blocked which I fully expected at one time.

Sounds like you disagree with a lot of what Lori teaches, and I'll give you points for that. However, I have to question the claim that Lori even considered that her response could be wrong, in any way. Many of us have been deleted and blocked for very respectful inquiries, even when those inquiries have been supported by quotes from the Bible, which Lori claims to believe.  

3 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

Since I neither treated my husband like Lori did, nor acted the way she now says a wife should act (which is 180 from how she treated Ken), I’m married 35 years this year. There were times in the early days I stuck with it only to prove wrong those people who said we’d never make it (hey, whatever it takes), but it’s been pretty smooth sailing for 20 years. 

My husband seems to be quite fond of me. We've been thru the wringer together over the last 20 years and we're still here. I could tell you of marriages that fell apart when one spouse developed the disease that nearly killed my husband...they just can't handle a deathly sick spouse. That's why we reach out to couples going through what we went through...if they can see a couple that made it through to the other side, it gives them hope they can too. 

Oh, and by the way...she's been married just over FOUR years...so she's a liar like Lori too

4 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

This. You’ve said it perfectly

5 years but been together for 10?  First of all, that seems a little “half birthday-ish”, and proves to me you’re pretty new at this thing called marriage. But, seriously, if you want it be in it for the long haul, disregard 99% of what Lori Alexander says. You’ll only end up feeling resented and resentful, and that’s not a pretty look on a middle-aged wife. (For proof:  see L. Alexander).

In my experience so far and sometimes I take the meat of what she is saying and spit out the bones, it has helped me. I used to get upset about stupid little things and nag and just be plain out miserable but once I let go of what I thought marriage should be and trusted that I married a good man and I treated him like I wanted to be treated, it changed. 

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

My husband seems to be quite fond of me. We've been thru the wringer together over the last 20 years and we're still here. I could tell you of marriages that fell apart when one spouse developed the disease that nearly killed my husband...they just can't handle a deathly sick spouse. That's why we reach out to couples going through what we went through...if they can see a couple that made it through to the other side, it gives them hope they can too. 

Oh, and by the way...she's been married just over FOUR years...so she's a liar like Lori too

Oh I’m sorry. Just a mistake, not a lie. My apologies. 

So you basically stopped being a bitch and became a decent human being to your husband. Gotcha. 

Sadly lori treats her husband like a bitch daily. It's kinda said to watch her rag on Ken in public sometimes. 

Try the Gottman Institute. A much better place to learn about having a healthy marriage and expectations next time. And taught by people who are in healthy relationships themselves. 

5 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Waiting for an answer as to why you are here....  :)

Crap, sorry! I really am trying to respond to everyone. Some questions require lengthy answers and I get behind. 

Basically to see what the fuss was over here because it got brought up that private posts were being shared and some women whom I know were having things shared here that got them upset. Most good women navigating life in general who i felt didn’t deserve that type of treatment. 

2 minutes ago, EowynW said:

So you basically stopped being a bitch and became a decent human being to your husband. Gotcha. 

Sadly lori treats her husband like a bitch daily. It's kinda said to watch her rag on Ken in public sometimes. 

Try the Gottman Institute. A much better place to learn about having a healthy marriage and expectations next time. And taught by people who are in healthy relationships themselves. 

I never treated him like crap, just nagged a lot I guess, unless that’s called being treated like crap in here, we are what they call “unequally yoked” and it was a struggle. I was trying to get a believing husband out of a non believing husband and I was losing. 

1 hour ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Married 5, together 10. Is that short? Feels like ages! Haha!

If you're seriously asking, yes. It is. You're still practically newlyweds. There are women here who've been married much, much, MUCH longer. It still feels like we (Mr. Polecat and I) should be young newlyweds ourselves most of the time. Marriage should only get better with time until one day, you wake up and find that you've been with this person you love SO MUCH for 30, 40, 50 years or more -- and you wonder where the time went.

41 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Hey, if licking and sniffing a** is your thing, have at it sweetheart. 

Really?!

9 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Flicking a babies cheek? No. Swatting a child’s hand to keep them from something they’re not supposed to have yes, but NOT with a rod or anything other than my hand. This statement isn’t for pity but I was beaten as a child, my father went to jail once for 6 months because of it. I KNOW what it’s like to be hit with things other than a hand and I would never do something like to my child. That was actually a point of contention between Lori and I because I don’t believe in using a rod. 

I just want to say, I am so sorry for what happened to you in your childhood. No child deserves that. I have a daughter who was abused before she became mine, and that is something I tell her when she talks about her past. I am hoping unconditional love will get her through. She is an amazing young lady, has a heart for those who are marginalized. I have empathy for her because I was in a similar situation growing up, but wasn't able to escape until I became an adult. 

I don't like Lori because I grew up in a house that believed and taught much like she does. I was to be nothing more than a wife and mother. I missed out on so much and I hate that! I tried so hard to be the "perfect" wife that she teaches (I read CTBHHM when it first came out) and what she teaches nearly destroyed my marriage. I was miserable and my husband was miserable. My husband doesn't want a submissive wife who just goes along with anything/everything. Actually, my husband is more submissive than I am and wants me to lead more than I was doing. It has only been in the last three years that I have figured it out with some help from a few friends who have helped me sort out who I am from how I was raised. 

5 minutes ago, polecat said:

If you're seriously asking, yes. It is. You're still practically newlyweds. There are women here who've been married much, much, MUCH longer. It still feels like we (Mr. Polecat and I) should be young newlyweds ourselves most of the time. Marriage should only get better with time until one day, you wake up and find that you've been with this person you love SO MUCH for 30, 40, 50 years or more -- and you wonder where the time went.

Really?!

We’ve lived together the whole 10, I know, tisk, tisk, so I guess it just feels longer. Lol! 

And what do you expect? She keeps coming for me! I’ve been nice to the people who are nice to me. At least I’m pretty sure I have. Too many posts for me to remember at this point, lol. 

On 6/22/2018 at 6:06 PM, Georgiana said:

Well, according to his record, he has a previous arrest from 2016 for resisting a police officer.  

Currently, his bail is set pretty high considering his income level.  That's never a good sign.  A judge has reason to be concerned about Mr. Mosser:

2018-06-22_15-58-40.thumb.jpg.4601db878b05f2b2aee3e9216b324d4a.jpg

Also, even from the GFM he wasn't truly protecting his family.  His family wasn't even there.  In the (rather fantastical) story, he's helping an elderly neighbor.   LOT of spin going on.  LOTS of it.  

I saw this today and did some spying. He had to have a pretty serious record for STPSO to keep him this long. It looks like he tried to jump bond. Go read her blog. It's a scare tale of continual pregnancies quivering as fast as she can. Baby 1 sadly was early and spent time in NICU. She can thank the taxpayers of Louisiana as I'm sure she has no health coverage.

Just now, wallysmommy said:

I saw this today and did some spying.

SPYING and REPORTING?! OMG you shall be banned to the inner recesses of Bro GHaw's nostrils! /s

Just adding to the accusations of some. 

Not a personal affront, @wallysmommy!

7 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

That’s what I’m saying. Isn’t there a moral line for anyone anymore? Lori puts herself out there, public backlash is expected. But in here where it was stated that you’re supportive, I don’t see much of that at all. 

Here I thought the "hot" tag earlier was just people posting about Lori's "viral" post and kept catching up on the JRod nonsense.  I should know by now to check any thread that is hot on FJ.

We have very specific rules to keep members from posting PRIVATE information.  If people post on the WORLD WIDE WEB (a/k/a the internet) and make that information public, which is most of the internet and a large part of it's intended purpose, that information is fair game.   If people use their real facebook to post in PUBLIC they are also putting that information out there for public consumption.     I am in a number of facebook groups and I make sure which the privacy settings are for any group BEFORE I post.    I have some that are public that I post in, but those are hobby ones and not ones with the deepest, darkest secrets I have (those I don't actually put on the internet.  That is why Rufus gave us phones for verbal communication).

If you bothered to read before you started your downvoting spree, you'd see that FJ is a community and we consider ourselves a family.  This is a group of the most compassionate, smart, knowledgeable you will find anywhere.   We are from all walks of life, many varied religions and no religion, many countries and if I had to guess I'd say we probably have all 50 states covered.

If have celebrated together and mourned together.  When someone has  a problem and posts it they will generally have several helpful responses within minutes of posting.  If someone doesn't have a helpful answer they will post a "keep your chin up" type comment.    You will NEVER see anyone here delete a suicide hotline (in fact we have a notice on our home page with the suicide number right there) or dismiss someone going through a hard time.   Now, I will give you that some of this you, as a new member, won't see because we have member only forums to offer our members at least a modicum of privacy.   We still tell people they are posting on the internet and they have no idea who is really reading, but we also have rules about posting things from those areas and if we catch a member doing that, they will be banned, immediately.

However, if you even look in the previous Lori thread, @EowynW lost her job rather abruptly and members were right there to offer her sympathy and encouragement.  When she posted recently that she found a new job, members were right there again to congratulate her.

We have several members that used to be followers of your precious monster Lori Alexander and her husband Ken (who also thought he could come here and tell us how we are doing it all wrong.  Check their archive forum to see how that went for him), who found us and have found the support here they never found with her.

We have one member who tried following Lori's advice and almost lost her marriage as a result.  I will let her tell that story if she wishes to make herself known.  It's not my place to tell other people's stories, something The Monsterous Mentor could learn a lesson on.

Lori is dangerous and she is going to get some poor woman or child killed some day.  When she does, we will be right here, unfortunately telling people "we tried to warn you!"

19 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

In my experience so far and sometimes I take the meat of what she is saying and spit out the bones, it has helped me. I used to get upset about stupid little things and nag and just be plain out miserable but once I let go of what I thought marriage should be and trusted that I married a good man and I treated him like I wanted to be treated, it changed. 

That’s not Lori Alexander. It’s not even the Bible or being a Christian. That’s called being an emotionally stable person. Most of us seem to learn it sometime before adulthood; others, like yourself, have to learn it the harder way. Some, like Lori Alexander, despite what she says, have yet to learn it.

If you think Lori Alexander got you there, so be it. But take it from another “older mentor”...run as fast as you can from the other mind games and emotional abuse that she’s dishing out in the name of God. She doesn’t have the training or ability or emotional stability to mentor a dog, and she certainly shouldn’t be mentoring women. Frankly, I think she spends all day every day on the computer because 1.) she’s lazy as all get out (she thought making a soup recipe was hard work.); 2.) she wants to be bossy to someone, anyone, and her kids and sisters are now out of reach and Ken threatened to leave her, so women looking for answers are the next best thing; and 3.) her own community can’t stand her, so all she has is the cyber community. 

23 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

I'm saying this as gently as possible and without even a hint of snark -- and I'm prefacing it by saying that I'm so sorry you experienced that. But do you realize that much of what Lori says and does is pure abuse justification? That Lori is, quite frankly, an abuser? 

As a survivor of childhood abuse myself, this was something I've always been paranoid about (literally paranoid). I watched other survivors, because I grew up in the exact same kind of system that Lori, the Duggars, and so many other fundamentalists espouse, grow up and end up in the exact same type of abusive situation they were trying to escape. 

This is a feature, really, and not a bug of abuse. Abusers zero in on people who are struggling in some way or who have a history of trauma. They love it, eat it up, because they know they don't have to do much in the way of conditioning their chosen victim to accept their abuse. They just find the right pattern and stick with it. Lori does that with the women she "helps." She zeroes in on women who have a history of trauma, who have been previously abused, who are currently being abused, etc. And then she zooms in to do her thing. Yes, even though she may be miles away and she's doing her dirty work via computer/phone, *she is abusing* these women. 

So please, just think about why Lori is so manipulative, why she, a proud and admitted abuser (she hit Ken, she hit her kids for hours, she flicked her babies) is so drawn to traumatized women. Why she's so desperate to get into their lives, to hold sway over them. 

4 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I saw this today and did some spying. He had to have a pretty serious record for STPSO to keep him this long. It looks like he tried to jump bond. Go read her blog. It's a scare tale of continual pregnancies quivering as fast as she can. Baby 1 sadly was early and spent time in NICU. She can thank the taxpayers of Louisiana as I'm sure she has no health coverage.

I looked him up as soon as I noticed where they were from. He's got a cute rap sheet & no that charge he caught wasn't for defending anything. He just as easily could have gone right back in his house & left it alone. I was pissed at my sister the year + her husband was out of work & she turned down a great job. For me, this situation is no different. I can't abide lazy, no matter who it is. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived