IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yes, I also have ADD, so there you go. :pb_lol:

So am I. I was making cookies a few weeks ago, and opened a kitchen drawer to get parchment paper, and I noticed the drawer was a mess so I started to organize, then I noticed there were tons of little box tops for education in there, then I started sorting through those, to get them in order, and it was then I realized how dirty the drawer was so I went emptied it out and remembered I had bought new shelf liner a while ago so off I ran to find it in the linen closet, and then I started sorting out the linen closet and when hubby came home, 3 kitchen drawers/cabinets were open with their contents scattered about, cookies/and cookie dough and I'm digging in the linen closet when he asks me what I'm doing and I say "making cookies" he looks around him and says "Of course you are" shakes his head and goes about his day. He knows, I'm prone to these flights of insanity frequently.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Fattest twins at the time at the hospital, cause we were 40 weeks (I know my poor mother!).

But even though being extremely late, I love being extremely early.

My aunt's twins were pretty massive for twins. She was induced at 40 week 5 days. They were 8 and 9 pounds. I can't remember their exact weights. But even as a young teen I remember thinking my poor aunt was carrying around almost 20 pounds of baby. And it was her 5th pregnancy. After three kids of my own I just can not imagine it

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So am I. I was making cookies a few weeks ago, and opened a kitchen drawer to get parchment paper, and I noticed the drawer was a mess so I started to organize, then I noticed there were tons of little box tops for education in there, then I started sorting through those, to get them in order, and it was then I realized how dirty the drawer was so I went emptied it out and remembered I had bought new shelf liner a while ago so off I ran to find it in the linen closet, and then I started sorting out the linen closet and when hubby came home, 3 kitchen drawers/cabinets were open with their contents scattered about, cookies/and cookie dough and I'm digging in the linen closet when he asks me what I'm doing and I say "making cookies" he looks around him and says "Of course you are" shakes his head and goes about his day. He knows, I'm prone to these flights of insanity frequently.

So did the cookies get made? Don’t leave us in suspense like the Maxwells do ;) 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I had to giggle, as this is how I work, too, if I don’t take my narcolepsy drugs. The difference is that I could have decided that the linen closet was a nice place to take a short nap.

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

So did the cookies get made? Don’t leave us in suspense like the Maxwells do ;) 

Yes they did. 

One of my friends gave me an "honest baby book" full of stuff like "first time you embarrassed me in a store" "first blow out" basically a list of everything your child can possibly due to annoy you in a joking fashion. I love that thing. I ended it with a letter written to little Quinns hoping they have a sense of humor when they read this. 

To go back to the lovely breastfeeding debate in the Joy thread - one of the pages in the Honest book was like "first breast leak/disaster" or something like that and I just put "formula ftw" underneath it. 

On 1/30/2018 at 5:23 PM, Gillyweed said:

I was born at 34 weeks, and get anxiety if I don't arrive to things early

One of my son's due date was May 2.He arrived on April 26.There was also a full moon,and a boy boom.They had 21 babies in the nursery,18 were boys.But when,I went to the dr, in labor....he said my baby had ants in his pants and needed to dance..lol.He was 9lb 7 3/4 oz.

I also have a November baby,my oldest...his birthday is November 5.The due for him was November 10.He was 8lbs 15oz.

My youngest son was due May 20,but came on May 18...he was my biggest baby 10lbs 4 oz.

My oldest' due date was April 2-3. I had her March 31 7 lbs. even. My youngest' due date was May 12 had her May 14 again she weighed 7 lbs. My youngest was a half a inch longer than her sister.

I am usually always early. Even if I have to sit in the car for a few minutes before I go in. I have taken an earlier train or bus many times just so I could be on time because a later train or bus would have gotten their right on time and I wanted extra time in case of traffic. 

22 hours ago, Rosalie said:

I had to giggle, as this is how I work, too, if I don’t take my narcolepsy drugs. The difference is that I could have decided that the linen closet was a nice place to take a short nap.

I usually joke about my ADD, but it is not so fun a lot of times, being easily distracted leads to making stupid mistakes, I've been in settings where I'm chit chatting and "forget" I'm talking to someone, if they start talking to long I have wandered off, that is HUGELY embarrassing. I miss steps in instructions, or don't hear all the details of something because I've tuned someone or something out. I'm 47 & I spent, my whole youth being told I was "lazy, unmotivated, stubborn in my refusal to do this or that" It has caused a huge strain with my parents, because I'm not "reaching my potential" Yeah actually without medication or therapy I have. It was only 2 years ago that it actually occurred to me that I really do have something physically wrong with me. After dealing with some serious anxiety a therapist asked me, after just 5 minutes, at what age was I diagnosed with ADD, and I said I never had been, she 2 said that is 99% of my problem, untreated & undiagnosed ADD, it usually manifests itself into anxiety.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:12 PM, nvmbr02 said:

Well, my uncle was born 8 months after my grandparents anniversary. Grandma swears he was born early but no one believes that since he was 9lbs and all her other babies were closer to 7, except her youngest who was early and around 5 pounds. 

In any case she has had several grandchildren that have had children under less than ideal circumstances (teen pregnancies, one nigh stand for a father, etc...) and she has always been really supportive of the parents to be. It makes me wonder if her own family was supportive of her or if she faced condemnation from them.  

My grandparents did this most amazing thing, where when their baby was born six months after the wedding, they insisted that they'd got married in January, not April, and that all the guests just misremembered. You've got to sort of admire that.

Anyway, I know they were pregnant before the wedding because there is a story that my grandmother's mother told her very firmly, 'you don't have to marry him, you know.' It was the early 50s but she would have supported her daughter in bringing up the baby unmarried, or in getting an (illegal) abortion. I don't know if this conversation was had in many families at that time. It probably helped that my great-grandmother had divorced her no-good husband when their own kids were toddlers, and raised them alone. She knew that a bad marriage was worse than single parenthood. 

When I was born there was a set of twins born who were both almost 10 lbs. My great-grandmother also had two sets of twins at home on her farm in the 30s and all four of those babies were 8-9 lbs.

My twin sisters were 7lb3oz and 7lb11oz. Pretty big for twins, but since the rest of us were huge, nearly 10lb babies, my mom said she felt like my sisters were tiny.

29 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I usually joke about my ADD, but it is not so fun a lot of times, being easily distracted leads to making stupid mistakes, I've been in settings where I'm chit chatting and "forget" I'm talking to someone, if they start talking to long I have wandered off, that is HUGELY embarrassing. I miss steps in instructions, or don't hear all the details of something because I've tuned someone or something out. I'm 47 & I spent, my whole youth being told I was "lazy, unmotivated, stubborn in my refusal to do this or that" It has caused a huge strain with my parents, because I'm not "reaching my potential" Yeah actually without medication or therapy I have. It was only 2 years ago that it actually occurred to me that I really do have something physically wrong with me. After dealing with some serious anxiety a therapist asked me, after just 5 minutes, at what age was I diagnosed with ADD, and I said I never had been, she 2 said that is 99% of my problem, untreated & undiagnosed ADD, it usually manifests itself into anxiety.

Our diagnosis have so many of the same symptoms. Idk which medication you are on, if any, but narcolepsy and adhd are treated with alot of the same meds.

I was undiagnosed in many, many years, probably from childhood, but I ignored it as much as I could. But I realized I had to get to the neurologist when I started crying at work b/c I was so exhausted second day after three weeks vacation... That’s 6,5 years ago, when I was 33 years old.

@allthegoodnamesrgone, @Rosalie, I identify so much with everything you're saying. I wasn't diagnosed (properly) until the age of 29. It didn't even occur to me that I might have ADHD until I was in my late 20s. By then, so much damage had been done. But I'm optimistic now that I know what's going on.

I've been hearing lately that ADHD may be tied to sleep disorders. I know I have a lot of trouble with sleep, but I think it's more anxiety/restlessness keeping me awake too long, rather than an actual inability to fall asleep or stay asleep when I actually get around to it. So in my case I do believe that it's my ADHD causing the sleep problems, and not the other way around. Very interesting how all these things play into each other.

For years and years I was told by doctors and psychologists that I 'just' had anxiety and depression (as though that's not serious enough). Finally I saw a competent psychologist who did a full assessment and my long held belief that there was something 'wrong with my brain' that was causing the anxiety and depression was validated. I don't feel like my brain is 'wrong' now, just different, and unfortunately that difference isn't super well suited to the way society in general is structured. But that's okay, because now I know what I'm working with.

I was diagnosed with ADHD two years ago as well. It really surprised me when my doctor suggested it but once I read about inattentive ADHD, especially how it tends to present in girls and women, it made a lot of sense. I also think that a lot of my anxiety and depression stems from the frustrations of living with ADHD.

3 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

My grandparents did this most amazing thing, where when their baby was born six months after the wedding, they insisted that they'd got married in January, not April, and that all the guests just misremembered. You've got to sort of admire that.

Anyway, I know they were pregnant before the wedding because there is a story that my grandmother's mother told her very firmly, 'you don't have to marry him, you know.' It was the early 50s but she would have supported her daughter in bringing up the baby unmarried, or in getting an (illegal) abortion. I don't know if this conversation was had in many families at that time. It probably helped that my great-grandmother had divorced her no-good husband when their own kids were toddlers, and raised them alone. She knew that a bad marriage was worse than single parenthood. 

That is hilarious about your grandparents! I am not really sure what happened between my grandmother and her parents. Hopefully they were supportive and it was just my grandmother that was worried about the family gossips.  My grandmother's parents weren't even legally married until the late 70's. My great grandmother was actually married to my great grandfather's brother.  The brother was abusive so my great grandparents packed up her two kids and took off together. When they made it to America they just said they were married. They had 10 more kids together. Two of my grandmother's siblings had children out of wedlock. One was a younger sister, she put the baby up for adoption and didn't tell anyone about it. She remained single the rest of her life and it was only after an autopsy was preformed that it was found out that she had given birth. A few years later her son contacted one of my uncles and he came out to meet the extended family. An older brother had a daughter with a woman who was married to someone else. The woman's husband really wasn't in the picture and everyone knew her daughter was my uncles but he referred to her as a niece. 

Family history is really fascinating. 

I think Jeremy and Jinger may have been at the Preds game tonight. If not two people like them were on the jumbotron for a split second. 

My sister was born at 12:01am on April 20th, 1991. My mom pushed and pushed to get her out sooner because she didn't want my sister to share a birthday with Hitler. When she was finally born on the 20th, my mother was devastated to hear that the calendar had rolled over a day. The doctor was cool though and he knew he how important it was to my mom so he marked her time of birth at 11:59PM on April 19th. To this day, my sister is without a doubt the most difficult person in my family. She's not  mean or malicious but she is always in trouble, stubborn as shit and creates problems left and right. 

I don’t believe that a birthday determines someone’s personality or fate. But I can see how it might be damaging to get told that your real birthday is Hitlers birthday and we couldn’t let that happen. It similar to self-fulfilling prophecies.

Now, I don’t know what your family’ history regarding the Nazi-Regime is, so no judgement. The 19th of April isn’t much of a better date to be born to be honest. If one looks back almost on everyday something devastating happened or someone very evil was born. Thank God the human race doesn’t exist entirely of dubious suspects.

9 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

I think Jeremy and Jinger may have been at the Preds game tonight. If not two people like them were on the jumbotron for a split second. 

By "Preds" do you mean the Nashville Predators hockey team?

28 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Yes. I'm not the OP but the Nashville Predators are often called the Preds. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Yes, sorry if any confusion. I’m so used to just calling them Preds. 

Great team if you’re looking for a hockey team. 

It was really strange, I tried to get my phone out to take a pic but it switched too quickly. 

On 30.1.2018 at 8:37 PM, Four is Enough said:

I was the first scheduled surgery that Monday morning, since my mom had had a section with my older brother.. 8:27 am, I was born..

First scheduled c-section here as well. But on a Tuesday. My birth time is also 8 something.  :)

Convinced after a visit to an amusement park. I know for sure because my parents had trouble getting pregnant and they had to take the temperature and what not and time it right. 

I was the last c-section of the day. My mom had to miss T-give that year...

And I was like a good 2 weeks late...I still do things on my own time. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived