IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

New parents to be are excited.  They want to share this life changing thing with people, but then there is a huge waiting period.  There is little to say about the fetus until its born (and then for a awhile still not much to say) so they say what they can.  Its the size of an apple! It has fingernails! Its a boy or girl!  I don't think we should read much more into it than that.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late to the party on due date speculation, but on Friday when she posted, I was 19w 1day so she would be 4 weeks and 1 day behind me. My due date is June 21. Four Fridays after the 22nd of June is July 13. Someone who is better at these things than me should check my work. :my_shy:

Adding, I'm 99.9% I got pregnant on Oct 1st. If she's a month behind me, she would have gotten pregnant almost literally on their wedding anniversary, yes? That's kind of sweet.  

11 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

she would have gotten pregnant almost literally on their wedding anniversary, yes? That's kind of sweet.  

It's not sweet for the kid. Trust me.

Signed:  born 9 months and 3 days after my parents' 6th anniversary.

I'm 51 and still squicked out by that.

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My best friend’s son was born 9 months and 2 days after my wedding. She travelled to my wedding and stayed the night at my house, her boyfriend had to stay at home to work. I guess they must have missed each other!

9 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My birthday is early in November because I decided to come early but I was due on the 14th of November. 9 Months after Valentines Day. :my_blush:

It could be worse.  You could be the kid born 5 months after your parents anniversary.  Like me (and no I wasn’t a preemie). :pb_lol:

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

My birthday is early in November because I decided to come early but I was due on the 14th of November. 9 Months after Valentines Day. :my_blush:

A fellow Nov, birthday, though I came just a few days prior to my due date.

My 12 year old son is also a mid Nov. birthday and he just asked the other day why there seems to be so many Nov. birthdays. His big sister told him to count back 9 months and then they both just looked at me with a horrified expression. :lol:

I know I was probably conceived on my dad's birthday. I don't really get what difference it makes, though. Unless you were conceived via IVF, you know your parents had sex on some day. Don't really care when it was. Doesn't squick me out, but also don't particularly want to dwell on it. :pb_lol:

33 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Adding, I'm 99.9% I got pregnant on Oct 1st. If she's a month behind me, she would have gotten pregnant almost literally on their wedding anniversary, yes? That's kind of sweet.  

Good news: That seems to suggest that JinJer most likely planned this child and really wanted it, so that's promising for the little blessing.

Bad news: If JinJer purposefully waited to start trying on their first anniversary and INSTANTLY conceived, then Jinger could have Michelle's fertility, which means eleventy!!11!!1!111!!!!! "baaaaaaaabes" if they're not careful. (Clearly, that's only bad news if they don't want and/or can't afford limitless babies.)

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

due on the 14th

I was due the 15th - and was a few days late. lol

#scorpiosrule

10 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was due the 15th - and was a few days late. lol

#scorpiosrule

Me too! Due on the 7th and a few days late

I was 15 days early. Was supposed to be a Taurus but ended up an Aries. Don't believe in astrology and am nothing like either sign, so there you go. I was born in the year of the Dragon, though, which I fully embrace because it sounds cool.

My son is a Scorpio.  Due Nov 1, born Nov 1.  He has a lot of drive which is great for his future.  I just hope I survive his childhood.

2 hours ago, Queen said:

I read the "baby is the size of an apple"-thing as a sublte anti-abortion message, a less aggressive version of Joy's "my baby is so developed and I'd never abort it!!" Like, "look how big it is already, it's a human being!!!" I might be wrong though, since most people seem to compare their baby to fruit sizes etc just for fun ;) 

I was on babycenter.com and it says right on it "your baby is the size of an apple" at 15 weeks.   I was looking around seeing how much it had changed since I was there 18 years ago when it 1st started with my 2nd baby. It has a hell of a lot more information that is for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

My son is a Scorpio.  Due Nov 1, born Nov 1.  He has a lot of drive which is great for his future.  I just hope I survive his childhood.

I always think it is so cool when babies are born on their due dates, especially if they weren't induced or anything. Both my girls came on their due dates. My son was 2 days late, but I was really hoping he didn't come on his since he was due on my birthday and I didn't really want to share. All in all, my kids were pretty prompt. They must take after their dad, lol. 

31 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

It could be worse.  You could be the kid born 5 months after your parents anniversary.  Like me (and no I wasn’t a preemie). :pb_lol:

I was born EXACTLY 10 months after my parents Anniversary and I was 10 days early. And no they weren't lying as my father didn't get back from Vietnam until 3 days before the wedding, and my brother was 3 weeks early and my sister 2 weeks early, both my kids were early and both my sisters kids were early.  We are just fast growers/learners.  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

That's GryffindorDisappointment's birthday; she was due eight days prior to that. 

"Drive" is an understatement, and the childhood part is a walk in the park. Teenage years? I'm so very sorry. Very. You've got your worst days ahead. lol

48 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

That makes two of us but I ended up being 2 weeks late. I don't like getting out of bed.

Well, my uncle was born 8 months after my grandparents anniversary. Grandma swears he was born early but no one believes that since he was 9lbs and all her other babies were closer to 7, except her youngest who was early and around 5 pounds. 

In any case she has had several grandchildren that have had children under less than ideal circumstances (teen pregnancies, one nigh stand for a father, etc...) and she has always been really supportive of the parents to be. It makes me wonder if her own family was supportive of her or if she faced condemnation from them.  

I was born 2 weeks late. I’ve been told this worked out great for my parents as my due date was 13th July and Live Aid was on that year. They got to watch it without (and I quote) ‘any annoying interruptions’. Ace. 

My lame claim to fame is that I was born on my parent's first anniversary. My mother always said that's the only anniversary that my father gave her roses. :pb_lol:

My friend has a lackluster marriage in the intimacy department. It's almost non-existent. Both of her kids were born 9 months after Christmas, so she always jokes that they only have sex on Christmas because they drink too much from the stress of visiting his mother. It's one of those jokes that is actually a true statement. 

32 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

I always think it is so cool when babies are born on their due dates, especially if they weren't induced or anything. Both my girls came on their due dates. My son was 2 days late, but I was really hoping he didn't come on his since he was due on my birthday and I didn't really want to share. All in all, my kids were pretty prompt. They must take after their dad, lol. 

He wasn’t induced or a C-Section, came out on his due date all on his own.  The doctor had said a few days prior that he was going to be late and I guess the little Heathen heard that and thought “Challenge accepted.”

27 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

That's GryffindorDisappointment's birthday; she was due eight days prior to that. 

"Drive" is an understatement, and the childhood part is a walk in the park. Teenage years? I'm so very sorry. Very. You've got your worst days ahead. lol

UGH.  Not what I wanted to hear. Lol.  My older child is very chill and laid back so I have not been prepared for my younger son AT ALL.

1 minute ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

He wasn’t induced or a C-Section, came out on his due date all on his own.  The doctor had said a few days prior that he was going to be late and I guess the little Heathen heard that and thought “Challenge accepted.”

UGH.  Not what I wanted to hear. Lol.  My older child is very chill and laid back so I have not been prepared for my younger son AT ALL.

Sounds like my niece!! It's a wonder my nephew was born at all. My sis and ex bro-in-law were both still in shock when he arrived 3 years later!! He is totes laid back though. Thankfully!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived