IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

I hit the awkward bump stage around 16 weeks and I switched to maternity leggings full time at that point.  I could still wear some of my regular shirts and a few of my maternity shirts looked okay at that point too.  Now I wear leggings and maternity shirts or my husband's shirts.  The most frustrating thing for me clothing-wise has been not being able to wear any type of pants besides leggings.  Every pair of maternity jeans I have tried on have painfully pinched into my bump.  I think it's because I'm short and short-waisted.  I only have about 8 weeks to go, so now it's kind of funny to me that I haven't worn "real" pants since October.  But I do miss jeans!  

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jinger's Valentine's Day post is short and sweet. It looks like the picture was taken back when she took her 15 weeks photo.

Jeremy, man of few words. At least they're both looking at the camera this time. I love Jinger's affinity for black clothing, I can definitely relate. :P

I don't know why i'm always amazed at her fashion choices. I always think YOU GO GIRL and then i wonder, but how much of the Duggar crazy are you going to influence your kid with...

I'm holding out hope they won't be as crazy.

I like the fact they have only made short posts, I'm not one for big long soppy posts, each to their own though. 

I think Jer makes good fashion choices, making his conservative style young and modern. But in the valentine picture it looks as he has run through his great grandfathers wardrobe blindfolded. 

2 minutes ago, Rosalie said:

I think Jer makes good fashion choices, making his conservative style young and modern. But in the valentine picture it looks as he has run through his great grandfathers wardrobe blindfolded. 

Haha - I disagree. I work in a professional services office, and many of the younger guys dress like this when they have scheduled client interactions.

13 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Haha - I disagree. I work in a professional services office, and many of the younger guys dress like this when they have scheduled client interactions.

Gruesome! I think it’s the pants that really get to me. 

Mr. R, which is closer to 50 than 40 now, dresses in business casual for work. In a very stylish way. I think he would love to do all his shopping in Saville Road, London, but he would have to marry a rich widow to make that happen. Anyway. If pants like the one Jer is wearing came into our apartment, I would personally shred them to pieces and burn them. No matter if they costed a billion dollar or were made from handpicked wool from sheep only living in the mongolian desert.

Jeremy's clothing surely looks mismatched to me... and if he'd run through his great grandfather's closet, the things would have been.. baggier.. and pleated!

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

They probably had to be reminded my Jessa or someone to keep up their PR game and post. :pb_lol: 

jessa constantly says Ben knows when he fucks up.  Do we have to know when he is a bad husband.  She is passive agressive yet not....while he never says she does anything wrong. 

didn't like her post at all 

I'm not ashamed to admit that I like Jeremy pant's.

And if Mr. Hick, who takes the the rumpled professor look to new highs (or lows), ever wore shoes that sharp, I'd weep with joy.

44 minutes ago, nst said:

jessa constantly says Ben knows when he fucks up.  Do we have to know when he is a bad husband.  She is passive agressive yet not....while he never says she does anything wrong. 

didn't like her post at all 

It's interesting how we all read and interpret things differently.

I somehow identify very much with Jessa's personality, and Ben's calm, laid-back character reminds me a lot of my husband.

Now of course my husband is the #besthusbandever (suck it, Jill!), but one specific thing I very much appreciate about him is that he is an incredibly thoughtful, understanding and gentle person who will readily admit when he was or did something wrong. I, on the other hand, am rather stubborn and sometimes struggle with admitting that I was wrong (even when I know that I am!)

The fact that my husband is not like me, but able to let go of his pride and ego in an argument, is a constant source of wonder for me. That he can do what I find difficult, that he has this maturity and strength of character, is something I find absolutely amazing. I love him endlessly for this, and would certainly mention this quality of his if I had to praise him in a Duggar Valentine's Day post.

Does that mean that my husband constantly messes up, that he is a bad person, whereas I never do anything wrong? No, not at all! We probably even out when it comes to mistakes. It simply means that he is a bigger person than I am when it comes to owning up to them.

So that's how I read it in Jessa's post - I believe she sees herself as (and probably is...) a more headstrong, stubborn person than Ben, someone who can struggle to admit that she is wrong, and she admires Ben for being able to deal with his mistakes in a better way.

41 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

I somehow identify very much with Jessa's personality, and Ben's calm, laid-back character reminds me a lot of my husband.

Now of course my husband is the #besthusbandever (suck it, Jill!), but one specific thing I very much appreciate about him is that he is an incredibly thoughtful, understanding and gentle person who will readily admit when he was or did something wrong. I, on the other hand, am rather stubborn and sometimes struggle with admitting that I was wrong (even when I know that I am!)

The fact that my husband is not like me, but able to let go of his pride and ego in an argument, is a constant source of wonder for me. That he can do what I find difficult, that he has this maturity and strength of character, is something I find absolutely amazing. I love him endlessly for this, and would certainly mention this quality of his if I had to praise him in a Duggar Valentine's Day post.

Does that mean that my husband constantly messes up, that he is a bad person, whereas I never do anything wrong? No, not at all! We probably even out when it comes to mistakes. It simply means that he is a bigger person than I am when it comes to owning up to them.

So that's how I read it in Jessa's post - I believe she sees herself as (and probably is...) a more headstrong, stubborn person than Ben, someone who can struggle to admit that she is wrong, and she admires Ben for being able to deal with his mistakes in a better way.

I could have written this post. My husband is so humble and readily asks forgiveness, even from our children. I’m impressed with Ben, based on Jessa’s descriptions. 

49 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

yesssss! You're describing my relationship too. My partner is so, so good at saying sorry, or admitting he was wrong. I struggle with that very much, and I really do admire him for it. Once in the middle of a proper raised-voice hammer-and-tongs argument, he stopped, reflected on the situation, and climbed down from his position because he saw it was wrong and didn't want to continue to defend it; I could never do that. 

I don't know how Jessa feels, but she strikes me as self-reflective enough to know that sometimes stubbornness is a failing. There's a lot of grace in admitting you're wrong, but there is also a lot of grace in the other partner valuing that, rather than taking it as carte blanche to do/say whatever they like because their partner will bend to them. I think/hope that Jessa appreciates it as a strength, not a weakness.

Just going to say that either Jinger's style, Jeremy's input or maybe a bit of both still have her looking elegant and relaxed. That dress is classic and the well done center pleat makes me think it wasn't a thrift store find. In which case I say good for her!! Certainly not that red and white polka dot and ruffle monstrosity Jill was wearing. Though my back aches from seeing Jinger in those heels. Wouldn't catch me dead in heels at 17 weeks!

I wish Jinger would update her heels! She’s updated pretty much all of her wardrobe anyway so I’ve been wondering why she still wears those same wedges. I envision her in a much cuter pair now with her newfound style!

Looking quickly at Jinger's shoes, I thought they had clear plastic straps like on stripper shoes and did a double take. I think she looks great.

Somethings seems off with this photo. Jeremy looks like the Slender Man, like his legs are too long for his body. It looks stretched.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Somethings seems off with this photo. Jeremy looks like the Slender Man, like his legs are too long for his body. It looks stretched.

Nah - he is very tall. Add his height to the vertical stripes in the plaid pants and the too-short sweater and it makes his proportions look "off." If his sweater had another couple of inches in length, his outfit would look totally different.

5 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

Ask and ye shall receive!

I see you reading here, Jinger! lol

I wish she wouldn't arch her back. Makes it way harder to see the real bump!

28 minutes ago, new espadrille said:

I wish she wouldn't arch her back. Makes it way harder to see the real bump!

Are you taking measurements, or...?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived