IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

36 minutes ago, bekkah said:

I was the last c-section of the day. My mom had to miss T-give that year...

And I was like a good 2 weeks late...I still do things on my own time. 

#1 was a long ass labor and last baby born on Thanksgiving day via c/section at 11:40 pm at night.  #2 was a scheduled and the 2nd of the morning born at 8:18 am but there are 2 operating rooms for c/sections at the hospital I delivered at, they rotate so one is always open for emergencies.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

#1 was a long ass labor and last baby born on Thanksgiving day via c/section at 11:40 pm at night.  #2 was a scheduled and the 2nd of the morning born at 8:18 am but there are 2 operating rooms for c/sections at the hospital I delivered at, they rotate so one is always open for emergencies.

I was scheduled because I was so late....my mom is still upset that she missed turkey and stuffing. My fave meal? Turkey and stuffing. 

I was also a big baby. 9lbs 6 oz.  

My sister on the other hand was an emergency c-section because she was coming  out knee first. 

I was due around fourth of July. Came July 1st. Dad hadn't had a drink all day so was shaking really bad when I was handed to him. He then, while still shaking, walked with me in his arms down to the waiting room where my Grammy grabbed me from him b/c she was afraid he'd dropped me and took me back to the room. I think I was 7lbs 9oz

My sister was my mom's first (I was second and last). Was told mom was about a week late over her due date when she finally went into labor. Sister's heart rate kept dropping but docs wouldn't do a c-section. I don't know how long exactly mom was  in labor for, but I know it was long. Sister came out small (5ish lbs) and had the cord wrapped around her neck tight. She is intellectually disabled with an IQ less than 70. Grammy still fusses about the incompetent docs who should've done a c-section instead. This was '88.

My cousin had her first a few years back. Went into for scheduled inducing, baby's heart rate dropped. Didn't come back up after a few moments so they rushed her for a c-section.  

My daughter's due date is my birthday.

While the most important thing is that she is born healthy, I would appreciate it if she could decide to come a bit earlier (or later) :my_angel:

It looks like some of y'all's kids might share my birthday (mid-July). Funny thing is, I've never met anyone with my birthday OR my name. I have a weird foreign kind of old-fashioned name but it's odd to have never met anyone with my birthday.

I was due in early July but was NOT having that. I'm an in vivo baby so my parents knew exactly when I was due. My dad actually flew home early from a conference 9 months before I was born. It's kind of weird that I know that but he did fly home early from the same conference my first semester of college because I was having a really hard time and needed support. It meant a lot to me because my Dad really loves his job and I've felt he has put it before our family in the past. 

Anyway, I was not having the whole born in the summer in the South thing so I stayed baking for an extra two weeks. Obviously, I had to make an appearance soon but boy did I put up a fight on that one. In the end, I never was born, I was ripped from my mother like a tumor. Luckily for both of us, it wasn't in medieval Scotland so we both made it through. Unfortunately, I'll never get the chance to kill Macbeth. To this day I hate getting out of bed before I'm ready emotionally to leave my warm cozy bed. Which is never when I have to get up for school.

My mom was awake but anesthetized during my birth so she was looooooopy. When I cried for the first time she thought I was a cat. Which also works with my personality, since I am a homebody who loves a nap in a sunspot. My dad saw the umbilical cord and thought I was a boy. Finally, the nurse corrected both of them saying that I was, in fact, a female human child. It's a wonder they allowed me to go home with them :)

33 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

It looks like some of y'all's kids might share my birthday (mid-July). Funny thing is, I've never met anyone with my birthday OR my name. I have a weird foreign kind of old-fashioned name but it's odd to have never met anyone with my birthday.

I was due in early July but was NOT having that. I'm an in vivo baby so my parents knew exactly when I was due. My dad actually flew home early from a conference 9 months before I was born. It's kind of weird that I know that but he did fly home early from the same conference my first semester of college because I was having a really hard time and needed support. It meant a lot to me because my Dad really loves his job and I've felt he has put it before our family in the past. 

Anyway, I was not having the whole born in the summer in the South thing so I stayed baking for an extra two weeks. Obviously, I had to make an appearance soon but boy did I put up a fight on that one. In the end, I never was born, I was ripped from my mother like a tumor. Luckily for both of us, it wasn't in medieval Scotland so we both made it through. Unfortunately, I'll never get the chance to kill Macbeth. To this day I hate getting out of bed before I'm ready emotionally to leave my warm cozy bed. Which is never when I have to get up for school.

My mom was awake but anesthetized during my birth so she was looooooopy. When I cried for the first time she thought I was a cat. Which also works with my personality, since I am a homebody who loves a nap in a sunspot. My dad saw the umbilical cord and thought I was a boy. Finally, the nurse corrected both of them saying that I was, in fact, a female human child. It's a wonder they allowed me to go home with them :)

In my extended family on mom's side, we have the following July birthdays: 

5 (twice), 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, and 28. 

And it's not that large of a family. Did we hit yours??? LOL!

My brother was 12 days over and over 8 lbs. Before she left work (late 60s, women got pushed home well before the due date), my mom told her co-workers that she was just going to pop over to the hospital, which was across the street from their office, and have him on their coffee break. My brother obliged by being born being 10 and 10:15 a.m. (can't remember the exact time) which was their coffee break time. 

I was a totally different story. I was 5.5 weeks early and weighed just over 4.5 lbs. Mom's water broke in the wee hours of the morning, then no labor until nearly 6 p.m. They were basically getting ready to induce when it finally started. Then I came quick--born at 9:37. 

On the twins topic, one of my close friends has two sets of twins. All four were near 7 lbs and she went close to full term with all of them. She has three singletons and two were nearing 10 lbs and the third was just short of 9 lbs. She just has big babies. 

My twins were born at 36+4 and were 5lbs 7oz and 4lbs 3oz...very tiny. I was huge by the end though. Not sure I would have been able to move if they'd both been 7lbs+!

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

In my extended family on mom's side, we have the following July birthdays: 

5 (twice), 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, and 28. 

Lol nope! That is so many July birthdays though!

51 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

Lol nope! That is so many July birthdays though!

We also have five in August. All the grandkids except my brother were born in one of those two months. Plus some others in both. 

Re the name thing. My daughter-in-law and I share our first name. It’s not a rare name but not super common either, especially in her age group.  My son was completely onside with her keeping her ‘maiden’ name (archaic term much?) as he didn’t want his wife and mum to have the same name. That would be a bit weird for both of them, I think. 

On 2018-01-31 at 2:33 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So am I. I was making cookies a few weeks ago, and opened a kitchen drawer to get parchment paper, and I noticed the drawer was a mess so I started to organize, then I noticed there were tons of little box tops for education in there, then I started sorting through those, to get them in order, and it was then I realized how dirty the drawer was so I went emptied it out and remembered I had bought new shelf liner a while ago so off I ran to find it in the linen closet, and then I started sorting out the linen closet and when hubby came home, 3 kitchen drawers/cabinets were open with their contents scattered about, cookies/and cookie dough and I'm digging in the linen closet when he asks me what I'm doing and I say "making cookies" he looks around him and says "Of course you are" shakes his head and goes about his day. He knows, I'm prone to these flights of insanity frequently.

I call these my “Give a Moose a Muffin” moments... (after the book series)

Same names: I have a client and she and her husband have the same first and last names as a great aunt and uncle of her husband. Her husband was named after his uncle and by chance they both married women with the same name. 

My grandparents had the same name (hers was the feminine spelling). They once ended up hospitalized at the same time and were roommates. The nurses got a kick out of it. 

Same names: I have a client and she and her husband have the same first and last names as a great aunt and uncle of her husband. Her husband was named after his uncle and by chance they both married women with the same name. 

My dad one time told me there was a guy who lived a bit west of here who had the same name as me. And this guy had a son with the same name as my dad.

My neighbor who I was completely in love with for a few years has parents who's names that can be either gender. A few years back I was taking in their mail because I was watching their son's dog and a few pieces had Mr. or Mrs. with the wrong name. 

My husband and his father have the same first name but different middle names so there’s no Sr or Jr added to either name.  It has caused some problems and can be annoying sometimes.  They get phone calls and spam mail for each other.

My first name is common for my age, but it's not heard everywhere. My brother has one of those traditional boy names. Our last name is pretty uncommon. For the sake of this story, let's say my brother and I are Ann and John Smith. At my childhood dentist, there was another set of siblings named Ann and John Smith. The girl became a successful illustrator, so now when I google my name she's all that comes up. 

12 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I was due around fourth of July. Came July 1st. Dad hadn't had a drink all day so was shaking really bad when I was handed to him. He then, while still shaking, walked with me in his arms down to the waiting room where my Grammy grabbed me from him b/c she was afraid he'd dropped me and took me back to the room. I think I was 7lbs 9oz

My sister was my mom's first (I was second and last). Was told mom was about a week late over her due date when she finally went into labor. Sister's heart rate kept dropping but docs wouldn't do a c-section. I don't know how long exactly mom was  in labor for, but I know it was long. Sister came out small (5ish lbs) and had the cord wrapped around her neck tight. She is intellectually disabled with an IQ less than 70. Grammy still fusses about the incompetent docs who should've done a c-section instead. This was '88.

My cousin had her first a few years back. Went into for scheduled inducing, baby's heart rate dropped. Didn't come back up after a few moments so they rushed her for a c-section.  

Ooh you share my birthday!! High five!

I was a day early and back-to-back. Mum’s episiotomy wasn’t enough... I then proceeded to be a nightmare to feed, didn’t sleep... I’ve been a tricky fucker from the word go! :pb_lol:

Of course, my brother was like a textbook baby, which was probably a relief for my mother. If it’d been the other way round (me being textbook and him the nightmare) it would’ve been a real shock for my mother I guess :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

My two male cousins (they're brothers) both married girls named Wanda Lynn*. They have credit score problems (the older cousin has shitty credit, the younger has stellar credit). lol

Adding to that, the wives' middle name(s) are the same as the cousins' mom's middle name. And her first name is one letter off from the two wives' names.

*not their actual name(s)

I share my full name with a politician and a dentist, so googling my name produces nothing related to myself in 15+ pages of results. I actually really like this because it helps me maintain online anonymity. I’m one of those folks who uses an alias on FB and never posts pictures of myself or family online. Stealth Charlie Mode :562479514c500_32(1):

My first name is apparently the same as a bunch of assholes, see Mrs. Ken Alexander and the bitch from The Walking Dead. It's gotten to the point where I want to change it.

I'm the only person with my first/last combo--married name, anyway. My maiden name is super common, though, and there are like 40 people with that combination in Texas alone. Sometimes I miss the anonymity.

My first name is unisex after a very famous dead comedian and my last apparently is made up. It’s nowhere to be found anywhere outside people related to me. 

My husband's mom and stepmom both have the same first and last name and both like to go by the shortened version of their first name. They are also both teachers and both play the organ for their churches. It's a bit creepy. At least they live a few hours apart so the awkward moments are few and far between. 

Back to JinJer... Jeremy has an Instagram Live on his Instagram Story. He shows his library/office (I love his bookshelves), Jinger reading a book by (or about?) Charles Spurgeon, a stray cat they're feeding, and then he preaches and tries to save your soul.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived