IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

Late to the party on due date speculation, but on Friday when she posted, I was 19w 1day so she would be 4 weeks and 1 day behind me. My due date is June 21. Four Fridays after the 22nd of June is July 13. Someone who is better at these things than me should check my work. :my_shy:

Adding, I'm 99.9% I got pregnant on Oct 1st. If she's a month behind me, she would have gotten pregnant almost literally on their wedding anniversary, yes? That's kind of sweet.  

I counted weeks starting at 15 on Jan 26, puts her 40 weeks July 20.

I'm 17+1 today, and my due date is July 9.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say it.  You do know if you were born really close to 9 months after date x, you more than likely weren't conceived on date x?  Pregnancy is around 266 days from conception or 38 weeks.  Calculating pregnancy adds two weeks to actual pregnancy by going from LMP.

I was born of my own accord on my due date. I have been punctual, almost to a fault, ever since.  None of my kids were born on their due dates.  In fact, not one arrived on his due month even. 

I was born on December 24th, so Capricorn but on the cusp with Sagittarius. Therefore, I'm very smart and ambitious, but also extremely lazy. (I'm eating KitKats and procrastinating doing a law school assignment as I type this.)

It's a struggle. :pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

He wasn’t induced or a C-Section, came out on his due date all on his own.  The doctor had said a few days prior that he was going to be late and I guess the little Heathen heard that and thought “Challenge accepted.”

With my oldest I went in for a regular appointment that morning and mentioned that I was having contractions. The doctor told me it was my first baby and I wasn't dilated at all so I really shouldn't expect to be in labor just because it was my due date. She was born 8 hours later. With my other due date baby I had been having contractions for weeks and was a bit dilated (like 2-3 cm) so it wasn't really a surprise, we knew she was coming any minute.

49 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

My son is a Scorpio.  Due Nov 1, born Nov 1.  He has a lot of drive which is great for his future.  I just hope I survive his childhood.

The best people are born on the 1st of November. 

-Signed a November 1st baby! :P 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Shit. Our newest granddaughter was born on Halloween. Just missed it. 

I was late, almost needed to be induced.  I ALSO put my mother through an incredible amount of labor due to refusing to get in position, so I just generally had no intentions of leaving the womb. Finally, at midnight on the 3rd calendar day of labor, the doctor insisted on giving my mother pain meds to see if that would help progress things.  I arrived a short time later.  

Now, the MEDICAL explanation for my birth is that the pain meds helped my mother to relax and push/contract harder, but I have another explanation.  You see, my mother went into labor with me on the same day Michelle Duggar delivered Josh.  I think that fetus-Gee had received a message from the beyond about Joshley, and had NO INTENTIONS of sharing a day of birth.  Thusly, I remained determinedly sideways until there was an entire calendar buffer day between our birthdays.  After midnight on the 5th, I condescended to be born.  

@Nargus according to this online calculator, you're right. If she was 15w on Friday she'd been 15w3d today. 

I took the lazy route and just counted from my own due date. :)

jinjer.png

Ha ha. I’ve never really thought this through but I’m september 5... I guess my parents were celebrating the new year... and my mom was a November burthday so I guess grandma and grandpa were celebrating Valentine’s Day. Fun!

My ex and I were married at the end of August.  I got pregnant  around the middle of October, so Baby had an early July due date.  She was born at 32 weeks, in mid-May.  I KNOW there was some counting of months going on!  But, she weighed just under 4 lbs, so definitely a preemie.  

Then, I got pregnant again 8 weeks later, in mid-July.  So, I was pregnant with our second (and last) baby on our first anniversary, even though both were conceived after marriage.  

(As an aside to the Jill discussions about VBAC.... Preemie was a crash section due to a previa, and then an abruption.  11 months later, at 38 weeks, I had pre-eclamsia.  Doc induced me.  So, I had an induced VBAC,  11 months after the c-section.  I STILL wonder what he was thinking!)

21 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I have to say it.  You do know if you were born really close to 9 months after date x, you more than likely weren't conceived on date x?  Pregnancy is around 266 days from conception or 38 weeks.  Calculating pregnancy adds two weeks to actual pregnancy by going from LMP.

Exactly. When I was younger I counted back 9 months from my birthday just out of curiosity and came up with a date close to my dad’s birthday. However, I now understand pregnancy much better, including the fact that I was born 2 1/2 weeks early and I was counting back 40 weeks instead of 38. Now I can see that counting back 38 weeks from my due date gives me a date around 3 weeks after my dad’s birthday.

Yes, I understand. And yes, I fully admit that after my mum once mentioned in passing, 'I think you were conceived on your dad's birthday - we were pretty drunk that night', I went and calculated it the correct way. And she was right. And then I pretty much stopped thinking about it. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Late to the party on due date speculation, but on Friday when she posted, I was 19w 1day so she would be 4 weeks and 1 day behind me. My due date is June 21. Four Fridays after the 22nd of June is July 13. Someone who is better at these things than me should check my work. :my_shy:

Almost due date twins! I'm due the 22nd. If Jinger is due exactly 4 weeks after me I believe her EDD would be July 20th. EDIT: I now see you already figured that out yourself, my apologies, carry on!

38 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I'm happy Jinger looks very happy. Go Jinger!

There are many bad things to be said about Jeremy, but Jinger seems to have really blossomed since she married him. That can only be a good thing. 

According my mom, neither me nor my brother wantet to get out of the warmth of her womb, as we both were approx 2 weeks overdue. Since she was due March 1 with me, I guess she and my father really enjoied summer of ‘77. Btw: They married in July ‘75, but had no rush starting a new family.

My dad was born exactly 9 months after my grandparents married in 1959. Gran swears he was a honeymoon baby. 

My mother straight up told me I was conceived in the bathroom at an easter party my parents attended. :jawdrop:

Weirdly, I later ended up hooking up with the son of the guy who had thrown the party.  #smalltownlife

My sister and I were both born exactly two weeks before our due dates, which made me a Pisces instead of an Aries and her an Aquarius instead of a Pisces.

My brother on the other hand was born right on his due date. I was six at the time and didn’t understand the concept of babies being born before or after their due dates. I remember waking up and thinking that my brother would be born that day and sure enough, when I went into the living room, my mother was in labor.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

and a november 15 birthday - thank you very much 

and Jinger made people.com for her apple 

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

My mother straight up told me I was conceived in the bathroom at an easter party my parents attended. :jawdrop:

Weirdly, I later ended up hooking up with the son of the guy who had thrown the party.  #smalltownlife

My mother told me that the night I was conceived, my father dared my mother to go without her diaphragm. Guess who won that dare? Me. :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

My mother told me that the night I was conceived, my father dared my mother to go without her diaphragm. Guess who won that dare? Me. :pb_lol:

And us. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived