IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

Fattest twins at the time at the hospital, cause we were 40 weeks (I know my poor mother!).

But even though being extremely late, I love being extremely early.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grandson was conceived in my house the day of my mother's funeral. He was born at 36 weeks, barely 5lbs. He's 5 now, in the 95th percentile for height and weight, and the poor kid inherited the bad eyesight genes from both sides...he wears glasses. 

6 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

After a really long labor, my son was born at the stroke of midnight.  The record stated 24:00, and the nurses said that had never happened before & we all weren't really sure if it was the 2nd or the 3rd.  They let us pick. 

I think that's neat that your son was born exactly at midnight. Yours is only the second story I've heard of where that happened. The other one is my boss's FIL. He was born at exactly midnight on Dec 31st/Jan 1st and the doctors let his mother decide which date. She chose Jan 1st because she liked the idea of him being the first thing of the new year instead of the last thing of the old year. Also, this was before it would have mattered for tax purposes. :pb_lol:

I have heard the story from my mom on how I came about even existing. Mom got severe stomach pains and went to the hospital where they decided to take out her IUD based on the location of the pain before they started any other actions. Pretty much the moment it was out mom felt fine and the diagnosis was that it was most likely an IUD having started to come out on its own that made her feel so bad. They made a couple more check ups and when she said that they had sex about 7-8 days ago they told her that sperm only lives for 5 days so there would be no risk of a pregnancy even though she was currently ovulating. Unfortunately those swimming 50% of what became me had no idea it was supposed to die after 5 days and I am here to write this comment 36 years later.

8 hours ago, missaudrey said:

I think there's quite a lot in your birth experience being an indicator of future personality!

I was transverse (and delivered by Csection), in Dutch we say 'dwars'. But another meaning of 'dwars' is willfull or contrary.. makes for a lot of funny jokes on my birthday ;) 

On 2018-01-29 at 10:56 PM, nvmbr02 said:

I always think it is so cool when babies are born on their due dates, especially if they weren't induced or anything. Both my girls came on their due dates. My son was 2 days late, but I was really hoping he didn't come on his since he was due on my birthday and I didn't really want to share. All in all, my kids were pretty prompt. They must take after their dad, lol. 

Miniways duedate was moved two days at the second ultrasound. My water broke on the first duedate and he was born on the second one. 53 glorious hours ... :pb_rollseyes:

I'm just glad I got to write "Barack Obama" in my daughter's baby book. She just made it, born in September 2016. Her little brother or sister is now due on her second birthday this September. I might just leave the President spot blank in their baby book. :pb_lol:

42 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Guess my birthday :

I was in junior high when you were born. My history teacher made everyone keep scrapbooks about the Iran hostages. They were freed after 444 days, I believe? If my memory serves.

32 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was in junior high when you were born. My history teacher made everyone keep scrapbooks about the Iran hostages. They were freed after 444 days, I believe? If my memory serves.

Yes. I remember Walter Cronkite would close out the news each night with the count of how many days they had been held hostage. Our family was watching the first night after they were freed, when he changed it to "the first day of the hostages' freedom" or something like that. Kind of an emotional moment.

I remember my dad commenting on the fact that they waited until the day Reagan was sworn in to release them, as a final "f-you" to Jimmy Carter.

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Any of y’all got baby books? I still look at mine. Mama was very through as far as filled it out :)

Guess my birthday :

AD5DE91E-3734-4CFD-A260-C327D71157E8.jpeg

January 1 - 20th 1981.

I don't think the way you were born has anything to do with your personality, but... I was 15 days early. My mum's water broke 16 days before her due date, and then nothing happened. She went to the hospital where they waited a while and still nothing happened, so they tried to induce her. We both started going into distress so they did an emergency C-section. Now my personality is that I love to start new things but have terrible follow through, I freeze up and procrastinate to the point that I can only finish the important thing I need to finish if it's literally the last possible moment and it's do or die. So. Maybe there is something to it. :P 

@candygirl200413 - just out of curiosity, are you and your twin both female? If so, does your twin's nickname rhyme with the first part of your screen name? And, if so, are your parents' first initials B&L?

Because I know a set of twins that were HUGE (both over 6.5 pounds- and the larger one was over 8 pounds). I know it's a longshot, but.... lol

LO was born 1 week before his due date.  I had to leave the theater at intermission to go to the hospital where I was told I wasn't in labor.  Headship insisted we walk around and not go home, they told us they would check in an hour and then send us home.  45 min later I was in transition.  Labor was fast but his heart rate was apparently going down so they got out the forceps, just when they opened the sterile package he was born.  Basically every time they prepared to do something (break the sack, think about moving to delivery, get the forceps) he made decisions that made theirs pointless.  Not sure what that says about him, but he doesn't do anything until he has observed and decided for himself its worth the effort, then he does it perfectly.  

@tabitha2  If my Mom had bothered to fill out a baby book, it would look almost exactly like that!  Our birthdays must be within a few days of each other, mine's 11/22.  

Supposedly, I was late but I'm not sure my mom actually knew my due date very well.  According to my birth certificate my mom didn't receive prenatal care until she was six months along.  I'm expecting my first (and only) right now with a due date of 4/6.  So I'm basically sharing a pregnancy timeline with Alyssa Bates.  However, I'm hopeful my little one will arrive at the same time as the Duchess of Cambridge's third!  I'd prefer he share a birthday with real royalty instead of fundie royalty!  :D 

On 27.1.2018 at 5:20 PM, Bethella said:

My favorite size comparison app had a "geeky" theme. My friend announced her pregnancy by posting the picture when the baby was the same size as the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. :laughing-rolling:

PLEASE tell me the name of the app. I definitely need this in my life!!!

Just now, just_ordinary said:

PLEASE tell me the name of the app. I definitely need this in my life!!!

There's BabySizer, that one has different options and geeky is one of them. Like, it will tell you when your baby is the size of one of Daenerys' dragon eggs. :pb_lol: 

@SapphireSlytherin Unfortunately we are boy/girl twins but we have no matchy names (every set of twins I've met in my life including boy/girl actually have had similar or matchy names so it's been interesting!).

He was like 6.8 and I was 7.6 and I'm always like you just had a lot of baby in there!

3 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I'm just glad I got to write "Barack Obama" in my daughter's baby book. She just made it, born in September 2016. Her little brother or sister is now due on her second birthday this September. I might just leave the President spot blank in their baby book. :pb_lol:

I didn't even think about this. I'm in the same boat. Thanks for giving me my depressing thought of the day. :pb_lol:

My baby book was kind of depressing:

Canadian Prime Minister: Brian Mulroney

American President: Ronald Reagan

British Prime Minister: Margaret Thatcher

Acid wash jeans were popular.

54 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

When I was pregnant a woman told me she had twins that were 8 lbs each when they were born. I can’t even imagine. 

My cousin had twins that were both over 7 lbs. she went all the way to her due date. When she was walking around the mall trying to get herself into labor, she looked completely normal from the back. Then she’d turn sideways and anyone within eyeshot would gasp in terror. She was all stomach. It was kind of terrifying. She would basically just eat a bit or two of food every thirty minutes because there was no room for food in her stomach, and she was always hungry. I remember one day it took her four hours to eat a small bowl of cereal. She only had one skirt and one shirt that fit her by the end. Barely. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Now my personality is that I love to start new things but have terrible follow through, I freeze up and procrastinate to the point that I can only finish the important thing I need to finish if it's literally the last possible moment and it's do or die. So. Maybe there is something to it. :P 

I am like this, but my therapist says it's just because I have adult ADD. Haha

17 minutes ago, Texas Heifer said:

I am like this, but my therapist says it's just because I have adult ADD. Haha

Yes, I also have ADD, so there you go. :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived