IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

At a farewell lunch today, my boss mentioned all 3 of her children were born on their due dates. She didn't have any medical intervention, babies decided they were going to be very punctual. My boss is a bit disorganised so I was pretty impressed all 3 arrived as predicted!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

There are many bad things to be said about Jeremy, but Jinger seems to have really blossomed since she married him. That can only be a good thing. 

From some of what I have read about Jeremy, some of his beliefs stink IMO.

I hope he he is good for and to Jinger. She seems to be happy, and I hope it's not an act.

My parents said I was due anywhere from mid-April to mid-May. I came right in between. I have no idea why they didn't know an exact due date for me, since they had exact dates for my older siblings. My sister even came on her due date.

I was 20 days early, induced due to gestational diabetes and an estimation of a birth weight around 4 kilos. I was 3.4 kilos and the labor was very hard on my mother and I came out very tired and weak. Not the best decision that hospital ever made.

My husband was a c-section because he was overdue and his mom had previously lost a baby due to ruptured placenta and she was very scared of that happening again. He was 4.6 kilos so very big.

My kids were 18 and 13 days overdue, the first was induced on day 17 the other a natural start but I had an appointment with the hospital to discuss induction on the day he was born. I joked that my husband should go and introduce him to the staff when we had our appointment as the already evicted tenent. 

I was the first scheduled surgery that Monday morning, since my mom had had a section with my older brother.. 8:27 am, I was born..

8 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I was the first scheduled surgery that Monday morning, since my mom had had a section with my older brother.. 8:27 am, I was born..

My daughter is pointing out that she will be 18 on 2.18.2018 at 8:18 am.

According to my mom, I was 9 days late. I was also a giant baby (10 pounds) and was in the breech position and refused to get out of it. Mom had a C-section.

Supposedly, I was 2 weeks late, but I was only 7 lbs when I was born, so who knows. I kept spinning down the birth canal and every few minutes, I’d get stuck in a weird spot and my O2 levels would drop so they knocked my mom out and took me out by forceps.  When she woke up, she had no clue where she was and insisted she just didn’t have a baby.  Thanks, mom.

23 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Late to the party on due date speculation, but on Friday when she posted, I was 19w 1day so she would be 4 weeks and 1 day behind me. My due date is June 21. Four Fridays after the 22nd of June is July 13. Someone who is better at these things than me should check my work. :my_shy:

Adding, I'm 99.9% I got pregnant on Oct 1st. If she's a month behind me, she would have gotten pregnant almost literally on their wedding anniversary, yes? That's kind of sweet.  

I’m just catching up...I am due a few days after you! I love having due date buddies! Looking forward to my ultrasound at the end of the week. 

46 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My daughter is pointing out that she will be 18 on 2.18.2018 at 8:18 am.

You've heard of the "golden birthday"... that's more like a "platinum birthday"! Très cool!

1 hour ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Supposedly, I was 2 weeks late, but I was only 7 lbs when I was born, so who knows. I kept spinning down the birth canal and every few minutes, I’d get stuck in a weird spot and my O2 levels would drop so they knocked my mom out and took me out by forceps.  When she woke up, she had no clue where she was and insisted she just didn’t have a baby.  Thanks, mom.

Actually some overdue babies start starving and they may be pretty small. If you know you also had very dry almost scaly skin that might support this theory. Or you would have been a tiny baby if you were born on your due date and now made to just small by staying some extra time.

I was in a rush...due 4/12, born 3/18. My kids? My daughter had NO intention of being born...she was due 10/6, showed up 10/14 after my water broke during this enormous sneeze...I bent over double and POP! They had to force her out w/pitocin though...7lb 9oz. #1 son was due the first week of May...he showed up 4/3. I went to the hospital (and nearly turned back), was 5cm/100%. He showed up 2 hours later. 7lb even. #3 was due something like the 20th of July...he showed up 6/28, 7lb 4oz. My daughter is STILL the type who never, ever has a sense of urgency about anything. My boys...the exact opposite. 

I was two weeks late and mom went into labor the day before they were going to induce. Still wound up a c-section cause I just didn’t want to leave. Always early now, so clearly it was just a one-off. 

Fun conception fact: I not only know when I was conceived, but got to find out while staying in the same cabin where it happened. Great story, but still felt squicky sleeping there after that. TMI mom, but I still love you ;) 

I love these kinds of stories. I want to join in. My older brother was 3 weeks early, my older sister was 2 weeks late, and I was only 4 days early, so just about right on time. We're like Goldilocks and the three bears. My mom also said she couldn't have anymore kids or else they'd be born at home because her labors went: 12 hours with the first, 8 hours with her second, and 4 hours with me. 

With my firstborn, I was induced at 39+1 because I stopped progressing after I had dilated more and more for 3 weeks prior. She was 6 lbs 14 oz. A 9 hour labor with an epidural that didn't work. With my second, they induced me at 39 weeks because he was measuring huge. I delivered a 9 lb 15 oz baby with another epidural that didn't work after 14 hours of labor. I tore with my first little baby, but the huge monster? Nothing. No rips, no tears, nothing! We'll see how this third go round goes. 

After a really long labor, my son was born at the stroke of midnight.  The record stated 24:00, and the nurses said that had never happened before & we all weren't really sure if it was the 2nd or the 3rd.  They let us pick.  As it happened, both the doctor and the midwife who delivered my son had their birthday on the 2nd.  I thought it was a sign. (I mean, how weird that they shared a bday and that they were both on call that night?)  So, we picked the 2nd to honor them.  Also, I like even numbers.  Also, I had been induced on the 1st & didn't like the thought of being in labor over the course of 3 days.  And finally, it was 24:00, which to me meant the last minute of the day, not the first minute of the new day.

PLEASE I beg you not to argue with me that it really was the 3rd!  I've heard it before and have stated my reasoning.

The one I hear the arguments from the most, ironically, is my son.  OMG--it is so perfectly HIM.  He is so logical and sure of himself. I told him that if it matters that much to hinm to be technically correct that he could go and legally change it.  I honestly half wonder if he'd been born at 11:59 pm if he would have had a different personality!

I think there's quite a lot in your birth experience being an indicator of future personality!

My mum was induced at 10 days overdue with me, I did not want to come out and her pitocin kept being upped. Eventually, when the doctors started talking about forceps and c-sections, I finally decided to make my grand entrance. 22 years later, and I still take my sweet time, but if you threaten to leave without me, or rip the covers off my bed, then I'll be up and ready in 2 minutes!!

With my sister, my mum's waters broke 3 days early, and her labour stopped and started for three days before she was finally born on her due date. To this day she stops and starts everything, and can never complete anything in one go!

I was overdue. I am NEVER, and I mean NEVER late for anything.

Early is on time.

On time is late.

Late is inexcusable.

EDIT:  However, GryffindorDisappointment (8 days overdue) used to be a late-comer to any event, until our last trip with her to Europe (I've related that story previously). Now she follows the early/on-time/late thing I posted, above. 

On 1/29/2018 at 7:11 AM, HereticHick said:

Just give it time. Eventually we will all have to share a Duggar birthday and anniversary.

Bro Heifer shares his birthday with Sam, and I share mine with Jason (I think? I'm exactly 25 years older than one of the howlers, I know that). Just waiting for somebody to be born on our anniversary now. No one will get married on it, I believe, because I got married on a Friday the 13th. Safe enough there. :kitty-wink:

I was born on my mother's due date, but it turned pretty bad. While being born, I had a pediatric stroke and she and I barely made it. 

( Thank goodness for my mother's faith in me and for the Janeway Hospital in Newfoundland, otherwise I probably wouldn't have made it. )

On 1/29/2018 at 3:15 PM, singsingsing said:

Yes, I understand. And yes, I fully admit that after my mum once mentioned in passing, 'I think you were conceived on your dad's birthday - we were pretty drunk that night', I went and calculated it the correct way. And she was right. And then I pretty much stopped thinking about it. :pb_lol:

My niece was conceived on my brother's birthday. My SIL was balking at having a second kid due to back issues from a car accident a few months after their first was born. Hanky panky was a birthday gift.

SIL recently told me they never used BC, so they must not have done a lot of sexing between 1 and 2 (there are 3 years between births). She was knocked up 6 months after their wedding, and surprised about it. They lived together over a year before marriage, so I just assumed they used bc.

I know far too much about their sex life, y'all. My SIL also used to beg me to keep her company on the toilet, though, so I am a little surprised I don't know more.

Brother got the snip after 2 was born. It went wrong and he nearly lost a testicle.

See? Too much. I know far too much! :my_confused:

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was overdue. I am NEVER, and I mean NEVER late for anything.

Early is on time.

On time is late.

Late is inexcusable.

I was 11 days late, and I am EXACTLY like this. Being on time sends my anxiety into the stratosphere. Late? Forget it. Never.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived