IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/26/2018 at 9:22 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

I got pregnant, gestated, and birthed a baby without an app. 

LOL

But they're so nifty*!

If you ignore the forum part of it.

So I'm currently dealing with a little bit of a gastro intestinal issue, and was walking down the cleaning aisle at the grocery store with Hubby and Oldest. There was a manager about 8 feet away. My tummy gave a funky grumble and I farted really loudly. The manager's head shot up, and I proceeded to blame it on Hubby since he was standing right near me, giving him a horrified look before I plugged my nose and went the other way.  Wasn't stinky, but the manager was laughing. I'm a brat sometimes.

I hope she doesn't go too far past her due date.  My birthday is at the end of July and I've been grateful to not have to share it with any Duggar birth/wedding so far.  

7 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Why not do the whole thing and throw in Jessa?

The ratios are a bit off and the weeks are different (Jill 14 weeks, Jessa 16 weeks, Jinger 15 weeks), but here you go:20180128_230959.thumb.jpg.8bed41445d3cedf4c8dba07c865a17b0.jpg

9 hours ago, potato said:

I hope she doesn't go too far past her due date.  My birthday is at the end of July and I've been grateful to not have to share it with any Duggar birth/wedding so far.  

Just give it time. Eventually we will all have to share a Duggar birthday and anniversary.

11 hours ago, potato said:

If Vuolo jr is born on the 27th July then I'm going to change my birthday. :my_dodgy:

1 minute ago, Bushes of Love said:

If Vuolo jr is born on the 27th July then I'm going to change my birthday. :my_dodgy:

If the Duggars continue birthing, you may have to change it several times. :laughing-rolling:

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Just give it time. Eventually we will all have to share a Duggar birthday and anniversary.

What a horrifying reality.

I've been thinking of this lately as the time to start my own family comes closer. My in-laws are keen to have a relationship with each of their grandkids and are apparently worried they'll be too old to be there for important milestones if we wait much longer. I appreciate their concern because it really warms my heart to know that they will be there as long as they are able. They are the kind of grandparents any kid would be lucky to have. The Duggars? Not so much. It will be a miracle if they know everyone's names, let alone are ever there for any of them for important moments in life. It makes me sad for those kids that they'll never be seen as individuals. But then again, the Duggars seem like they never really thought of their kids as individuals either. What a nasty cycle they've created. Exponentially adding emotionally stunted, undereducated fundamentalists to the population. Yikes. I imagine Jim Bob and Michelle will love it though. They'll be aloof king and queen of a clan of a hundred little clones all vying for validation and love. 

I hope baby Vuolo gets lots of love and attention from Jeremy's parents. I hope at least some of the grand-Duggars grow up to see how the large family life leads to distant and alienated grandkids, and decide to keep things smaller and more manageable. 

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If the Duggars continue birthing, you may have to change it several times. :laughing-rolling:

Just give in people, you will never escape the rising tide of Duggardays.

My daughter was born in July as well, she and Meredith could have easily been born on the same day. And I have a strong feeling Kendra is due around the same time as I am now. It's only a matter of time before we all have a Duggar bday twin. My husband already shares his with Jim Bob.

You know, I just saw Kendra mentioned and I completely forgot about her pregnancy in between all that speculation about Joy's due date, Jinger (finally) announcing Baby Vuolo after more than one year of marriage and the yellow tunic incident with Jessa :pb_lol:

12 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Also, the Vuolos got a surprise visit from the Dillards (minus Izzy) and John-David. 

Wow, Jinger is really glowing!

Jinger and Jill both look adorable.  I'm not the least bit sad Izzy isn't there with his horrible father, I can 100% guarantee you he had 1000x more fun with his Aunties and cousins than he would have at that wedding.

Wow,  even the D-wreck looks good on JinJer's IG. The Vuolos really are media-savvy. 

*disclaimer: I'm not saying anything is intrinsically bad about D-wrecks appearance, just that the angles are more flattering than any of the posts on his account. Jill and Jinger both look lovely. 

21 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jinger and Jill both look adorable.  I'm not the least bit sad Izzy isn't there with his horrible father, I can 100% guarantee you he had 1000x more fun with his Aunties and cousins than he would have at that wedding.

It's also possible they left him with Cathy who I wouldn't say is much better than Derick...

I read the "baby is the size of an apple"-thing as a sublte anti-abortion message, a less aggressive version of Joy's "my baby is so developed and I'd never abort it!!" Like, "look how big it is already, it's a human being!!!" I might be wrong though, since most people seem to compare their baby to fruit sizes etc just for fun ;) 

49 minutes ago, Rosalie said:

Wow, Jinger is really glowing!

Her hair is gorgeous as well. 

John-David’s outfit is certainly...interesting. I don’t normally snark on him because he is my pet fundy and I have a weird crush on him, but come on!

Interesting how Jill and Jinger both out their hand on their hip and Jessa stuck her hand underneath the bump. None of them appear to be arching their back much at this stage, although I could be wrong and just unable to tell.

(At the 15/16 week stage). I wonder if Jinger will find out the gender, or wait till birth like Joy appears to be doing. Something tells me that if she does find out she won’t do a gender reveal party/piñata bash/cake cut like her sisters/SILs have done.

11 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

Her hair is gorgeous as well. 

John-David’s outfit is certainly...interesting. I don’t normally snark on him because he is my pet fundy and I have a weird crush on him, but come on!

Heh. JD could use some fashion help from his bil in Texas.

My pet fundies are Jana and Jinger. And I am so pleased that Jinger seems so happy with her hubby. Ok, he/they are very conservative, but the life she is living now is very progressive compared to the life she lived in Tontitown.

I’m hoping for Jana to be “relocated” to Texas as helper with the baby when it arrives. Far from dadda’s eyes in the back, with a possibility to get to know other young christians her age. Maybe even a not-fundy young man...

30 minutes ago, Queen said:

I read the "baby is the size of an apple"-thing as a sublte anti-abortion message, a less aggressive version of Joy's "my baby is so developed and I'd never abort it!!" Like, "look how big it is already, it's a human being!!!" I might be wrong though, since most people seem to compare their baby to fruit sizes etc just for fun ;) 

My nephew's sister in law did the chalboard baby size/fruit thing as well.  She is not fundy at all nor is she anti abortion/pro life.  I think it's just thing people are doing now.  

On 24 januari 2018 at 7:26 PM, Rosalie said:

But Norway was still quite innocent and peaceful. Until 7/22 2011. The 2011 Norway attacks, referred to in Norway as 22 July (Norwegian: 22. juli), the date of the events, were two sequential lone wolf terrorist attacks by Anders Behring Breivik against the government, the civilian population, and a Workers' Youth League (AUF)-run summer camp. The attacks claimed a total of 77 lives. It was in a way our 9/11...

I remember this very well. I was a left-wing, feminist teenager (still am except for the teen part ;)), it felt like it was "my group of people" he was after. I read tons and tons of witness accounts, probably too many, and it affected me deeply. The fact that the teen summer camp was on an island made it harder for the victims to escape. That was horrible. Norway was, and still is, one of my favourite countries in the world and I'm so sorry for everything you, the Norwegians, went through :my_heart:  

My country's two school shootings to date both shook me to the core. The first one was in November 2007, an 18-year old took a gun to school and killed 9 people. We talked about it at school a lot. Then the second happened in September 2008, only 10 months after! Another young man killed 10 people at his school. I knew other shootings would eventually happen, but I was shocked that it happened again so fast! After that I got scared every time someone knocked on the classroom door. I'm still scared sometimes since it was revealed a few years ago that two people planned an attack on my university. They got caught before they did it, thankfully, but I'm afraid they've inspired someone - their case was all over the media. I hate being afraid. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived