IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been lucky enough that I've never had a boyfriend threaten suicide. But this case happened near me last year. An 11 year old boy was dating a 13 year old girl. She faked her death on social media. He didn't realize it was a prank and committed suicide. The girl did receive '4-6 months' of probation for her two charges: malicious use of a telecommunications service and falsifying death of yourself causing self-harm resulting in great bodily harm.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2017/04/09/an-11-year-old-boy-killed-himself-after-his-girlfriend-faked-her-death-shes-now-facing-charges/?utm_term=.525f949f35a1

I remember reading this story. It's so sad. To me 11 and 13 years old is not mature enough to be using social media.

14 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

I remember reading this story. It's so sad. To me 11 and 13 years old is not mature enough to be using social media.

Yeah, his mom had tried to break them up but they were still in contact.ū

Not mature enough for a lot of things: that kind of unsupervised social media use, dating, etc. Snapchat is especially inappropriate for preteens because the photos and messages only last for a brief few seconds and then they disappear forever. The parents can never go back and check what the child has been doing and see if there's a trend toward something that's not right. I don't think parents necessarily know what all of these apps on kids' phones do or what they're capable of doing. They'd be better off to be informed about what each app on their kid's phone does and what kids typically use them for so that they can keep certain apps off the kid's phone until a more appropriate age. 

I don't know the rest of the story, nor have I seen other news articles about this case, but I'm not inclined to necessarily think it is bullying. It sounds to me like either a prank gone wrong or that the girl also had mental health issues or other problems and was using her "fake suicide" as a cry for help or attention. I could see how it could also be a bullying situation if I had more info though (like if she was angry with him for some reason and used this as retaliation or knew he'd react extremely negatively).

On 1/30/2018 at 3:25 PM, elliha said:

Actually some overdue babies start starving and they may be pretty small. If you know you also had very dry almost scaly skin that might support this theory. Or you would have been a tiny baby if you were born on your due date and now made to just small by staying some extra time.

That was me. Due Dec. 31 and arrived just before Valentine's Day. They don't let that happen any more! But I am my mom's smallest baby, pound/s different then my siblings. I know someone else born about six months before me who was also an over-a-month late baby, so it must have not been medical practice at the time to induce.

I have to say, Jinger and Jeremy look amazing in the new pictures Pickles posted. (Sorry, I don't know how to link them here) I think Jinger and Jeremy are definitely the most stylish Duggar couple! And they have nice figures as well. Personally I think that their facial features are actually not super beautiful (not like Jessa and Ben) but they just know how to make themselves appear in the best possible light. Jinger also has a sense for fotography and style in general, I really like that. But I'm not going to criticise the other couples for their style, it's totally fine not to invest a lot of time, money and effort into your looks, some people (like Joy) just don't make their style a priority in their lives and that is totally ok. Anyways, Jinger and Jeremy are killing it!

5 hours ago, Chocolatecheesecake said:

I have to say, Jinger and Jeremy look amazing in the new pictures Pickles posted. (Sorry, I don't know how to link them here) I think Jinger and Jeremy are definitely the most stylish Duggar couple! And they have nice figures as well. Personally I think that their facial features are actually not super beautiful (not like Jessa and Ben) but they just know how to make themselves appear in the best possible light. Jinger also has a sense for fotography and style in general, I really like that. But I'm not going to criticise the other couples for their style, it's totally fine not to invest a lot of time, money and effort into your looks, some people (like Joy) just don't make their style a priority in their lives and that is totally ok. Anyways, Jinger and Jeremy are killing it!

She's definitely come a long way from when they went to black-tie events in DC wearing cardigans over summer dresses, but I'd love to see her do something more interesting for an evening event than a plain black turtleneck dress. She's still coming into her own style with her new independence, I do love watching her explore! It's interesting the daughters (her & Jill) exploring non-Duggar fashion have to go through a bit of an awkward phase, since they are going through the exploring most of us go through in our teens. Although Alyssa Webster didn't have any awkward phase, she just jumped right into cute sleeveless dresses and skinny jeans.

One person's 'awkward phase' is another person's 'hell yes I am rocking this'. I just hope that they all get to the point where they can wear whatever makes them happy and comfortable.

She's also starting to navigate that awkward 'pre-cute baby bump' nothing fits right stage.  That will be interesting since she's not the maxi-skirt and blousey top type like her sisters. 

30 minutes ago, freethemall said:

plain black turtleneck dress.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a plain black turtleneck dress. It's classy, elegant, and timeless.

Those photos were taken in November, probably right about the time she found out she was pregnant, so she certainly wasn't dressing her bump (as the current parlance goes). 

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a plain black turtleneck dress. It's classy, elegant, and timeless.

Those photos were taken in November, probably right about the time she found out she was pregnant, so she certainly wasn't dressing her bump (as the current parlance goes). 

I agree about a good LBD, didn't mean to be a BEC. The dress is fine, though could have been glammed up a bit more with an updo or some statement jewellery. I can't quite tell if this was a black-tie event, so for all I know her dress was perfectly appropriate.

Also, does anyone ever feel that Jinger bears somewhat of a resemblance to Kate Middleton?

24 minutes ago, Nargus said:

She's also starting to navigate that awkward 'pre-cute baby bump' nothing fits right stage.  That will be interesting since she's not the maxi-skirt and blousey top type like her sisters. 

She does do a lot of maxi dresses though! I look forward to seeing her maternity style.

I had the weirdest dream about Jinger last night, and I suppose that's what I get for reading FJ right before going to bed.

My dream started with me being on vacation in Iceland, but then I ran into Jinger at the hotel I was staying at. I asked her what her favorite mainstream thing to do now that she's away from her parents and she got all excited about telling me how much she liked watching movies and Chicago was her favorite. The discussion then changed to wine and she said she hadn't found one she liked yet and asked me what my favorite was. 

So random. :pb_lol: 

27 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I had the weirdest dream about Jinger last night, and I suppose that's what I get for reading FJ right before going to bed.

My dream started with me being on vacation in Iceland, but then I ran into Jinger at the hotel I was staying at. I asked her what her favorite mainstream thing to do now that she's away from her parents and she got all excited about telling me how much she liked watching movies and Chicago was her favorite. The discussion then changed to wine and she said she hadn't found one she liked yet and asked me what my favorite was. 

So random. :pb_lol: 

i love it!! 

I might be reading too much into it but in the promo video for new season Jessa says that she thinks Jinger and Jeremy will probably need a nursery ‘ten months from now’. After her refusing to speculate and telling others off for asking in earlier seasons, to this it seemed to me that jinjer were deliberately preventing and began to try whenever that interview was filmed. I also feel as though the promo contained anything from the season which is remotely new or exciting and that it is going to be exactly the same all over again.

9 minutes ago, purplepeony said:

I might be reading too much into it but in the promo video for new season Jessa says that she thinks Jinger and Jeremy will probably need a nursery ‘ten months from now’. After her refusing to speculate and telling others off for asking in earlier seasons, to this it seemed to me that jinjer were deliberately preventing and began to try whenever that interview was filmed. I also feel as though the promo contained anything from the season which is remotely new or exciting and that it is going to be exactly the same all over again.

Wasn't it Ben who said 'ten months from now'? It seemed like a joke about how people wouldn't stop asking her when she was going to have a baby.

On ‎12‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Nargus said:

She's also starting to navigate that awkward 'pre-cute baby bump' nothing fits right stage. 

Currently pregnant with my first, and due shortly before Jinger.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, but you made me very concerned now... What is a pre-cute baby bump? And what do I have to expect by "nothing fitting right"? And can you offer some advice on how to navigate that stage? :my_cry:

I generally tend towards awkwardness, so any help to mitigate this would be much appreciated!

Just now, SweetJuly said:

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, but you made me very concerned now... What is a pre-cute baby bump? And what do I have to expect by "nothing fitting right"? And can you offer some advice on how to navigate that stage? :my_cry:

I generally tend towards awkwardness, so any help to mitigate this would be much appreciated!

I think they mean the time when your clothes start not to fit anymore but you still don’t have a defined bump so maternity cuts are still a bit too big. The time when many look as if they just gained a bit of weight around the waist and still wear their old size. You might also just be incredibly bloated.

It isn’t that big of an issue though. In the winter you can conceal it quite easily with longer and wide jumpers or one of those huge scarfs that are in right now. Lots of women use a hair band to give their jeans a bit of width before they have to change into maternity wear. Longer tops are perfect to hide it. Maybe size up on the tops if your boobs grow a lot.

Long story short: I am sure you will do fine and look as nice as ever.

@just_ordinary Thanks so much for your kind words, that really helped!

I seem to have gone from looking just a bit bloated to full-blown bump within a few days, so maybe that's a stage I managed to bypass entirely :pb_razz: Now I'm just waiting to look pregnant enough underneath a big winter coat for people to offer me a seat on packed public transport!

Perhaps the stylish Duggar girls (mainly Jinger) could offer a pregnancy clothes tutorial or something. After all, being pregnant and looking pleasant are their main expected activities as fundie wives.

In fact, now that I come to think of it, there is so much talk about babies among the Duggars and on Counting On, but curiously little talk about how to actually deal with pregnancy, birth, and raising said babies. Wouldn't this be topics of interest to the Counting On audience?

@SweetJuly Of course not. Pregnancy and giving birth is “women business”, hence not something one talks about, the same way one is not to talk about problems or concerns regarding the lady parts. :pb_rollseyes: Regarding raising babies, so many of their piers are pro-Pearl. So no need to talk more about that. Just get the book. :pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes:

6 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

I'm due July 9 with my first as well, and I'm in that stage.  I don't have a cute bump yet, but I can't wear any of my old pants comfortably.  All the maternity pants that friends and family have handed down to me are too big because they're full panel maternity, not low or side panels.   I don't really have much for advice, cause I'm still figuring it out for myself.  I've been living in leggings and tunic style tops, or tanks and flowy cardigans that I belt shut. 

That's an awkward stage... I ended up getting a couple of those Bella Bands (or, more accurately, the cheaper knockoff Target version) to get through that point. Not great, but it works, and with shorter shirts you get a layered sort of effect. Congratulations. :my_smile:

You may get to skip the awkward phase with subsequent pregnancies. I literally went straight to a bump at like 10 weeks after my first one...just no abdominal wall left.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived