IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

I kinda hoped they would've waited a bit longer but if it was their choice that's different. Nobody should feel pressured to have a baby. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Nah. I’ve said it before, but if they go with herbs and spices then they’ll need to be spelled uniquely to match Jinger’s name (purely for my own amusement.) I’m thinking:

Parsleigh

Rosemerry

Time

Sinammon

Terragon

Poppie

Baysil

(I do love the idea of little Posh Vuolo though. :pb_lol:)

You jest, but I work with a girl whose best friend's name is Cinamin

Watched the announcement video too, and Jill looks dead. So sad :( 

What makes me happy is that Jeremy and Jinger seem to be building a life for themselves rather than on the compound. They’re 24 and 30, bought a house, live in Texas, and Jeremy is stably employed. I imagine that Jinger is also heavily involved with the church. This child is born into what for all intents and purposes is a functional family with two adults who are happy and ready to have it. 

I personally am more concerned about Joe and Kendra’s child. Kendra is 6 years younger than Jinger, her and Joe seem less mature, and they haven’t built their own life yet at all.  That worries me. I’m even more concerned for another child with Jill and Derrick. That child would be born into a highly unstable situation in terms of income/employment, potentially a psychologically distressed couple, and under medical risk.

Will you ever see the Duggars waving flags at Christopher Street Day? Probably not. But could they (through some struggle and conflict) come to a point of tolerance or cautious acceptance? Absolutely. People change all the time, and I think you have to be particularly stubborn to not be able to even imagine other people changing their minds. :) 

14 hours ago, JoiseyGoil said:

Jeremy’s sister is an unwed professional musician and follows Obama on Twitter, and her and their brother took a trip to Cuba last year, so if only one out of the three Vuolo kids stuck with fundamentalism like their parents, maybe JinJer’s kids will have a better opportunity to break away? 

JoiseyGoil, I present to you Anna Keller Duggar.

13 hours ago, sansan said:

There are so many conjectures of "what ifs"  and baby name predictions or possible future spouses so I have to ask. Many people talk at length about the above subjects then go on to say they want the program to end. I personally don't. Even when put together with people that I don't necessarily agree with or want to spend large amounts of time with, I still at times am curious about their goings ons. That being said, purely out of curiosity, what would you do? Close up shop? Never to speak of the Duggars (and let's include the Bates)  again? Would you seek another topic to talk about?  No question about it, this will probably make some mad that I even ask but it appears they generate so much interest then a person says, I wish the show would stop. These are the things that baffle me.

I love watching the show.  I watch it OnDemand embarrassingly regularly.  I would hate to see the show end.  As odd and obnoxious as they are about certain things, I like and enjoy most of the family as they are presented for public consumption.  (I doubt I'd enjoy a more candid dinner conversation with many of them though, especially if we're eating tater tot casserole.)

12 hours ago, nst said:

I thought Jill (who is no longer on the show) can't pregnant until 18 months after Sam is born and Sam is what 6 months so January 2019 way after Kendra, Joy, Jinger and Jessa have their babies. 

You know better.  Jill can get pregnant whenever she has sex with her husband and God blesses them with child.  Obviously.

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I seriously doubt any of them wait for more than a few days at most after getting married before having sex. As for whether it's traumatic, well, for some of them I'm sure it is, for others it's probably great. But it's not just the fact that they go from no kissing/alone time to having sex in one night. Plenty of people do that in secular society. It's the fact that sex goes from being something you're supposed to shun and avoid at all costs to the point that even having a sexual fantasy is considered a grievous sin, to being something that you're supposed to be ready, willing, and enthusiastic to do whenever and however often your headship so desires. They go from demonizing sex to deifying it in approximately two seconds. Both attitudes are really unhealthy, and it must result in some pretty intense whiplash.  

I think in order to reconcile this, it has to be viewed as two very distinctly different things.  We think of one thing--sex--and a timeframe--before or after the wedding.  They see it as evil, sinful, horrible premarital sex versus wonderful, amazing, REQUIRED BY YOUR NEEDY HUSBAND sex.  One is a sin, the other is not.  It's hard to wrap our minds around because we're normal, but in their society, their way of thinking makes sense to them.

10 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

But she told me that when they got married, they were supposed to attend a big brunch the following morning, basically inviting their huge extended families and so on. Everybody getting married in their church did this. And she and her husband couldn't even attend because they were so embarrassed that everybody would look at them and know that they'd had sex. So they stayed home. I mean...I can't blame the poor girl. There is no way that their sex ed and the way sex is treated is mentally healthy.

My in-laws subjected me to a post-wedding brunch.  We attended but I hated it.  Mostly I was tired of entertaining their extended family I didn't even know and wanted to run off and be with my husband.  Three consecutive days of festivities was too much.  Nevermind the sex thoughts.  We were heathens anyway who did NOT have sex in the honeymoon suite because it was old hat by then.  :cracking-up:

8 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

I grew up Catholic. And not even particularly strict Catholic. My mom and most of her sisters had shotgun weddings and I was never forbidden to have sex. It was just... Never talked about. She asked me, in a very tentative voice, if I needed to go on birth control one time when I went to college and that was all I got about sex. At all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we were nowhere near fundie or fundie lite and yet we still got fucked in the "guilty about sexual relationships" department.

Same. Same, same, same.  I have a screwed up idea of sex with my own husband because of my conservative upbringing.

8 hours ago, bananabread said:

The thing that really gets me about super-strict religious upbringings - and this might be too graphic(?) - is not being able to experiment with toys/masturbation/fantasies. Many women can't orgasm from "regular" sex, and I can't imagine what a sad life I'd have without vibrators. :pb_lol: Do fundie women never use toys with their partners...? Is that too sinful? Do they never try kinky stuff? Do they never orgasm??? Seriously, those are the questions that really keep me up at night.

TMI, but you asked.  There's a Christian sex toy website out here somewhere I've stumbled upon.  The toys are designed for use DURING sex, with both partners (or so they say...I think some of them are standard heathen toys for masturbation) and the packaging and website lack defrauding images.  Sorry that I don't remember what the site was or I'd share.

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I know I am late to this discussion (blame the time difference) but I understand why they would say 'expecting' instead of 'pregnant. For 'expecting' they can at least use 'we', while for 'pregnant' they would have to use 'I/she/Jinger'. If there is one thing that I hate the most about announcements it is when people say 'we are pregnant'. This can only technically apply for a lesbian couple.

My husband and I were both pregnant.  We shared in that misery.:dance:  I also will say "He's pregnant" if I'm talking to someone about a man we both know and the other person doesn't know the wife, or if we happen to be discussing a man in general.  ("Did he just take a new job?"  "Yeah and he'll need the pay increase now that he's pregnant.")  Weirdness on my part,  but too bad.

With the congrats video by Jill and Derick, I can't help but think: poor Jill is stuck in this covenant marriage! She'll probably be never able to get a divorce because, but I don't know if I'm right, only if Derick lives away from Jill at least 2 years she'll be able to get a divorce. But this will never happen because where would Derick live? He does not have stable job und cannot support himself. Of course, Jill would live on the compound, but Derick?

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

Ughhhh these videos are so awkward.  Ben was the only one (and Jessa to a degree) who seem like they've ever been in front of a camera before or aren't talking to perfect strangers.  Ben also looks cute for the first time in my opinion (is it because the camera isn't so close to his face, or is he doing something different with his hair and facial hair? I've never thought he was especially handsome.) and Anna's sweater is cute too.  I'd wear it. 

I'm not entirely confident that Jessa's pregnant.  We can speculate based on her tunic but I also recall her self-consciousness regarding carrying around baby weight.  I bet it's a lot harder to lose the weight when there are two to care for instead of just one and after a second pregnancy anyway.  Anyway, maybe she's wearing big clothes because she feels fat.  Or likes the tunic.  Or is a troll and wants us to think she's pregnant.

9 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

And still. I was fucked up about sex just from youth groups and kids my age who DID grow up in super strict homes.

I remember a friend of mine who was also raised Catholic. She imposed strictness on herself but her family wasn't super strict in that way. She was having sex with her bf and they felt super guilty about it. It was so incredibly sad to me. I never wanted to feel guilty and have to have that feeling of guilt attached to an intimate relationship with anyone I loved. So I waited until I knew I wouldn't feel guilty anymore. And it was the day after my wedding.

Yes. This. I was raised in what would be considered a fundie-lite family. The messages I got about sex and sexuality were all about guilt. I had to constantly defend my purity/honor/whatever to my mother. I didn’t want all that guilt and angst and ensuing regret to mess up a relationship with someone I loved and was serious about. Mr. Kittens had much the same thoughts and was struggling with his feelings of guilt, too. While we definitely did not follow courtship rules, waiting until our wedding to have sex was the right choice for us. 

I guessed that they would announce late 2017 so I was only a few days off, my best fundie prediction so far. I think they seem happy and I think they are better prepared to be parents than say Joy and Austin and Kendra and Joe who seem so young and unprepared.

I agree that Jessa could be pregnant but I hope Jill will be pregnancy free this year. Jill might be forced to have c-sections from now on so I guess her family might not be that big. On rare occasions a woman can have a huge number of c-sections but risks do go up even if all future births are by c-section. The uterus suffers a lot from c-sections. I am very glad they exist but pushing the odds with a huge family all by c-section is foolish in my view. 2-3 kids if you have no complications from your c-section I see no problem with but more than that is playing with fire. 

2 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

I kinda hoped they would've waited a bit longer but if it was their choice that's different. Nobody should feel pressured to have a baby. 

Me to, but then on the another hand she hasnt done anything in the year they were married. So..

15 hours ago, singsingsing said:

What? This was most definitely not normal in generations past. It's never been normal for people to go from not even kissing (sometimes not even touching) to having sex on their wedding night. Even in the middle ages amongst nobility who practiced arranged marriages between teenagers, the marriages often weren't actually consummated for months or years. This sort of thing was especially uncommon over the past century or so. Four of my great-grandmothers were pregnant before they got married, and that wasn't at all unusual at the time.

Oh, totally.

My great-grandmother is pictured holding a massive strategically-placed bouquet over her mid-section in the wedding photos, lol. 

And my other grandmother had her first child out of wedlock, so to speak.

Birth control is truly a gift.

put me in the camp that Jessa is pregnant too, the Mustard vest, the hand that she don't know where to place ecc... 

now the question is: when she will announce? i says two weeks at max

17 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Ugh I forgot about that... very JB of him. I wonder if there's any psychological reprocussions from going from first kiss to sex in a single afternoon. 

This is what I always wonder too!!

How do you go from holding hands to full on sexy times in a matter of hours?? (which clearly, some of them do...)

And I'm not convinced Jinger will go for the brood. I think this waiting time was likely planned (to some extent) and good for them. I think this time away from their families and time to get to really KNOW each other will help them in the long run. So I think other pregnancies will be spaced comfortably too and they won't have a bajillion children.

11 minutes ago, Meggo said:

And I'm not convinced Jinger will go for the brood. I think this waiting time was likely planned (to some extent) and good for them. I think this time away from their families and time to get to really KNOW each other will help them in the long run. So I think other pregnancies will be spaced comfortably too and they won't have a bajillion children.

I've always said that I thought she'd have 4 kids. It's a respectable number for a pastor - showing the congregation that he "welcomes" all of God's blessings but isn't veering into total fundie territory like PP Armstrong for example. And Jinger is young enough that 4 can be spaced pretty nicely.

Being pregnant before marriage wasn't really that uncommon. Look at old records and you will see tons of children born 6-8 months after the marriage and usually it wasn't even a scandal, by marrying they avoided just that. Most people had been able to meet and talk in private, even many arranged marriages would have included that. Kissing and hugging was probably very common at least among those who were engaged and at least in Sweden children made under the promise of marriage were not considered bastards but legitimate heirs of their father even if he didn't go through with the marriage in the end. 

In my family on my mother's side I know my grandfather's parents married while the woman was pregnant, my grandmother was illegitimate due to rape but her mother later married another man who took on the role of her father. My grandparents married while grandma was pregnant. My mother and father married while pregnant in the 60s because their mothers forced them to, they had planned to get married once it was time for the child to be baptized but that didn't fly. Both me and my sister married when we were pregnant out of free will. My oldest brother and his wife married when they baptized their first child, my middle brother and wife married after something like 15-20 years together and two kids and my youngest married a woman and had a honeymoon baby but she had a child from a previous relationship. My youngest brother is now divorced and not married to his girlfriend of several years. My father's family I know that his paternal great grandmother did not marry pregnant and neither his own mom but I don't know about grandma's mom. 

That’s  been said every time  a Duggar marries... if Jinger Isn't  pregnant again in 18 months we can say that we more assurance. Maybe.

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe Jill's just tired. Maybe she has a cold. Maybe she just had to listen to Derick rant for an hour about something some heathen said on Twitter. 

I got the feeling Jill was tired.  Also got an image of a big, blow-out exchange of hostility between Jill and D'Wreck before going on camera.  

4 hours ago, elliha said:

Some men can do this very well, others cannot. A woman I know told me that with her first husband they only used this method and had three planned kids. They then divorced and she got a new boyfriend and suggested that they should also use this method. She had two oops pregnancies, one she carried to term and one abortion because it happend like 4 months after she gave birth the first time. She then got on the pill. 

I have a friend who still uses this method with her 1 and only, and has since they were 15. They are 46 now and had 2 planned pregnancies, 1 ended in miscarriage, and 1 semi planned, they were going to "start trying" when she found out she already was.  She's a super control freak and only wanted to have kids between X month and X month and if she didn't get pregnant she would wait another year, which is why her kids are almost 10 years apart.

41 minutes ago, Meggo said:

How do you go from holding hands to full on sexy times in a matter of hours?? (which clearly, some of them do...)

I sort of did. Long distance relationship. A first for both of us. When we met the first time we went from kissing to the more advanced things in less than a few hours. Haha! BUT: We both had talked a lot about those things before meeting. With Skype you have options the Duggar's have not due to the supervision.... We both knew exactly what happens with the opposite body, we talked about preferences and of course, like almost everyone, we had experience with masturbation.

Counting On comes back late February, right? I predict an announcement from Jessa around Valentine's Day, just in time for the new season.

5 hours ago, elliha said:

Some men can do this very well, others cannot. A woman I know told me that with her first husband they only used this method and had three planned kids. They then divorced and she got a new boyfriend and suggested that they should also use this method. She had two oops pregnancies, one she carried to term and one abortion because it happend like 4 months after she gave birth the first time. She then got on the pill. 

Some men have sperm in their pre-edjaculate fluid and others do not. Penetration without a condom can still lead to pregnancy even if the man doesn’t edjaculate.

When I see a photo or video of these people in groups together I like to look at the fashion choices. If I had to do the Modern Modest nonsense I'd definitely wear dresses all the time rather than most of the skirt/shirt combos. Most of the shirts they choose are so boxy (I guess because tighter would be Nike!) and look really bad with the skirts. Michelle is pretty tiny if I remember correctly, but her shape is totally lost in that outfit. Anna doesn't have the boxy shirt problem in this video but the jean skirt is not my style. Jessa looks cute.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived