IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

Mhm, I have to agree with @Meggo

The point isn’t really sex I don’t think, but as a college student you’re had 5 or so years of figuring out how your body works, what kissing is, how flirting works, what you find attractive, how to spot a creep, the importance of manicures... So if as a college student you go from seeing someone to having sex with them in a day (even if it’s your first time), you have something to build on in terms of knowledge and experience. The Duggar kids (for all we know) can’t tell the difference between a a clitoris and a vagina. That worries me. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Jamilton sounds like a 90s kids cartoon spin on Hamilton. And I insist on the hard j. The premise would be something like Hamilton falls through a time portal, drinks a rad potion, and is transformed into JAMilton, the super cool founding father who instructs the youth of today on governmental principles via educational rap songs, guided by an apparition of Ben Franklin.

In other news, I'm rather excited for Jinger's maternity fashion! 

I’m betting on an Alyssa Web. Style pregnancy. We think we might see the first smaller than average tiny human Duggar et al spawn.

8 minutes ago, FundieCentral said:

The point isn’t really sex I don’t think, but as a college student you’re had 5 or so years of figuring out how your body works, what kissing is, how flirting works, what you find attractive, how to spot a creep, the importance of manicures... So if as a college student you go from seeing someone to having sex with them in a day (even if it’s your first time), you have something to build on in terms of knowledge and experience. The Duggar kids (for all we know) can’t tell the difference between a a clitoris and a vagina. That worries me. 

Oh but they get a book and the leggo talk before they marry!

The LEGO talk was pretty much a put on for the show . I believe one of the wedding guests confirmed that.

The  book is Intended for Pleasure: Sex Technique and Sexual Fulfillment in Christian Marriage 

It’s a pretty in depth book from what others posters have said.

9 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

What is the LEGO talk?

Well, ehen one Lego loves another Lego and they get married they um.....fit together.  Hey, hey, hey!  Wink wink.

My husband and I started out as a one night stand so I agree two consenting adults can comfortably have sex upon meeting for the first time even... with that said niether of us were virgins or remotely "inexperienced", we were well versed in sex Ed, and we were wasted on something that was lovingly referred to as "party boy piss" at a frat party lol. I would think that for fundy girls the experience would be quite different.

5 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Two names in a theme can be a coincidence, three is a pattern so we’ll have to wait and see. And Selah has “el” in it too. Personally, I think Jill will continue untill she has her girl. 

I wouldn't consider Selah as part of the 'el' theme, though. D-wreck explicitly mentioned the meaning god part, so the name would have to have the Hebrew root word in it. It's easier to tell in Hebrew than english, but Selah doesn't actually have the 'el' root word in it.

Then again, Jill and Derick might not know that so maybe it should count. :shrug:

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Charles Robert - for his and her fathers. As an aside, had I been a boy, that would have been MY name. lol

That was my father's name.

My sister used Robert as a middle name for one of her sons. I used Charlotte and Katherine(aka Bob) for the SeaFillies.

1 hour ago, FundieCentral said:

And the pressure - cripes. The pressure to start popping out babies and to be available to your man at all times. And your whole life you've been brought up to think this is basically your ONE purpose in life. To start having babies PRONTO.
And I'm sure it's all a mystery to them. I doubt anyone REALLY tells them, and I know some of it's instinct, you just figure it out - but... sheesh...

And one night stands are different - you're not tied to that person for the rest of your natural life. (hopefully, unless you want to be - which is cool - but I don't think anyone goes into a one night stand thinking "well this is for forever")

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I’m betting on an Alyssa Web. Style pregnancy. We think we might see the first smaller than average tiny human Duggar et al spawn.

I thought that about Jill but she carried HUGE.  She looks like she has a long-ish torso so hopefully there is room for baby and she carries like Alyssa (similarly small mom, huge dad) or even Jessa.  

For some reason I see Jinger carrying smaller too, but I'm not betting too much on it considering how huge his sisters were. The reason it gives me pause is that Jinger doesn't seem to be the type of person to go "look how pregnant I am!" like her sisters. She'll probably be one that watches what she eats more carefully. (Not that it matters in every case, but you know what I mean)

I’m actually excited about Jingers style while pregnant. I highly doubt she’ll have baggy clothes. 

I can imagine a little Sophia or something elegant for a name. They have style, so I doubt they go with anything too tryndy. 

14 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

I thought that about Jill but she carried HUGE.  She looks like she has a long-ish torso so hopefully there is room for baby and she carries like Alyssa (similarly small mom, huge dad) or even Jessa.  

Jill wasn't (from my recollection) ever rail thin like JInger and Alyssa. Alyssa has always been a tiny person and so it didn't surprise me when she was a tiny pregnant woman. 

I could see Jinger and Jeremy going one of two routes--super trendy or super classic. My dream would be the flower/plant/nature theme route someone posted. So many interesting, beautiful names to be used that the rest of the family probably wouldn't duplicate. 

River, Lily, Violet, Rose, Poppy, Stone, Ash/Asher, Ridge, Forest, Daisy, Lake, Sage, Juniper, etc. 

I root for Poppy Lauren (after Jessa) or Lily Nicole (after Jinge) or Rose Diana (after mom Vuolo) OR Asher Joseph (after brother Joe and Jeremy's middle name) or River Charles (dad Vuolo) or Sage Jeremy (obvious).

26 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Jill wasn't (from my recollection) ever rail thin like JInger and Alyssa. Alyssa has always been a tiny person and so it didn't surprise me when she was a tiny pregnant woman. 

Jill wasn't as thin as Jinger, who is the slimmest of the lot, but she was quite trim prior to her marriage.  

IMG_7145.jpg

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Ain’t nobody honoring Michelle if you notice except for Jill’s middle name. Michael is for Anna father  I think. 

Is the Smuggar M-theme for Michelle? Or just a coincidence? 

Michelle used her name for Jill's middle name, Jill Michelle. Anna chose her middle name, Renee, for Mackynzie Renee.

Jinger's middle name is Nicole, Joy-Anna doesn't have a middle name, (but Joy works as a middle name), and Kendra's is Renee. Maybe we'll see their first names as middle names, or their middle names used again.

Michelle's dad, Grandpa Garrett, got a nod, but nothing yet for Grandma Mary or Michelle's mom, Ethel. What about mother-in-laws?

Mother-in-law names: Lillie Suzette Keller (Anna), Cathy Byrum (Jill), Guinn Seewald (Jessa), Diana Vuolo (Jinger), Christina Caldwell (Kendra), and Roxanne Forsyth (Joy). 

Does anyone know what/if Cathy and Guinn are short for anything? I'm not going to look up any in-law middle names, aside from Suzette Keller who goes by her middle name, as far as I know. IIRC, that is what I read on here awhile ago. It could be inaccurate. I haven't fact checked that.

2 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

It’s for Michelle.

Keep in mind that the Duggars only have two female grandchildren so far, and they’re both named under the letter theme that’s supposed to honour Michelle. I’m sure we will see some Duggarlings with the middle name Michelle in the coming years.

23 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Michelle used her name for Jill's middle name, Jill Michelle. Anna chose her middle name, Renee, for Mackynzie Renee.

Jinger's middle name is Nicole, Joy-Anna doesn't have a middle name, (but Joy works as a middle name), and Kendra's is Renee. Maybe we'll see their first names as middle names, or their middle names used again.

Michelle's dad, Grandpa Garrett, got a nod, but nothing yet for Grandma Mary or Michelle's mom, Ethel. What about mother-in-laws?

Mother-in-law names: Lillie Suzette Keller (Anna), Cathy Byrum (Jill), Guinn Seewald (Jessa), Diana Vuolo (Jinger), Christina Caldwell (Kendra), and Roxanne Forsyth (Joy). 

Does anyone know what/if Cathy and Guinn are short for anything? I'm not going to look up any in-law middle names, aside from Suzette Keller who goes by her middle name, as far as I know. IIRC, that is what I read on here awhile ago. It could be inaccurate. I haven't fact checked that.

Grandma Marys full name is Meredith

17 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It’s for Michelle.

I was pregnant with my daughter while my mom was dying of cancer.   We named her after my mom and my then-husband's grandmother; two amazing women who shared inherent traits of kindness and decency beyond what most people can imagine so it was super convenient that they also shared the same first/middle name combo that we happened to love.

(Less coincidental than it sounds - it's a very common combo for Catholics.)  

But I guess neither were as venerable as Michelle since we only honored them with one kid as a package deal :) 

Idk why this just occurred to me, but I have a perfectly common J name never used by the Duggars.  Should I be offended?  It would have been very fitting and it's unisex so they rejected mine 19x.

I guess I'd never make the cut as a Duggar.

14 minutes ago, HOTW said:

Grandma Marys full name is Meredith

I’ve never heard this and as far as I know it’s not true...

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk why this just occurred to me, but I have a perfectly common J name never used by the Duggars.  Should I be offended?  It would have been very fitting and it's unisex so they rejected mine 19x.

I guess I'd never make the cut as a Duggar.

They didn’t use it because it’s unisex. How will they remember if the kid is a boy or a girl if the name could go either way?! :pb_lol:

When Jeremy came on the scene I assumed they knew and disliked a person named Jeremy because that’s the only reason I can’t think of for there not being a Jeremy Duggar. 

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I’ve never heard this and as far as I know it’s not true...

Same. She was named as Mary Lester Duggar in her husband's Obituary, so I’d assume her first name is Mary.

Jana’s middle name is Marie though, so one of her grandkids have possibly been named in her honor.

11 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Possible female names for Benessa, Amy (Carmichael), Mary (Slesser), Charlotte aka Lottie (Moon) 

Actually I really like Lottie I think it would go nice with the other two... Spurgeon, Henry and Lottie. 

Amy (Carmichael) - never!  She was an Anglican and that's almost Catholic.

Mary (Slessor) - unlikely.  She was a Presbyterian.

Charlotte or Lottie (Moon) - now that is more likely.  A Baptist.

And for the person who suggested Aimee (Semple McPherson), nope.  A Pentecostalist women who preached and founded her own church?  Get thee behind me, Satan!

For a boy, my guess is  Moody Tozer.   Really there isn't much that can be worse than Spurgeon and Wilberforce.

6 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

What do fundies have against C.S. Lewis?

Another Anglican (see above). He did not believe in Biblical inerrancy.  And are you kidding?  Narnia is a lie.  With magic.  And witches. :fainting:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived