IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

As for the "little one" instead of "baby" - I actually much prefer "little one" to the term "tiny human" that's all over everywhere. lol

:pb_lol:

I jokingly refer to my one year old as the Tiny Human. Other favorite terms are Crumb Snatcher, Tiny Tyrant, and The Boss. 

26 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

I've convinced myself that almost all the adult kids are waiting until Michelle's babymaking season is 100% undoubtedly over, and then they'll clamor for who can be the one to use the name Julie for a grandchild. That'll sure make grandbaby #16 or #21 or #24 or whatever stand out to her greatest benefactor: JB!

Seriously though- I wonder if the Duggar kids will communally be quiverful enough that they'll start repeating names. Certainly middle names, if that hasn't happened already.

Also on a side note, I think it's a bit sweet that Jinger and Joseph are having their first kids so close together. I hope it brings them together as friends/sibs.

The grandkids thus far are -

1. Mackynzie Renee Duggar

2. Michael James Duggar

3. Marcus Anthony Duggar (and yes, to whoever is laughing right now, this is his name)

4. Israel David Dillard

5. Meredith Grace Duggar

6. Spurgeon Elliot Seewald

7. Henry Wilberforce Seewald

8. Samuel Scott Dillard

9. Mason Garrett Duggar

So no doubling up amongst the grandkids so far. Mack, Michael, Meredith, Mason, Izzy, and Sam all have family names for middle names though. It won’t surprise me if doubling amongst the grandkids happens at some point though. 

50 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

My dad is gay. My mother was not. 

Oddly, not the reason for their divorce. 

Jill's boys kind of have a theme, so far - biblical with el endings. It'll be interesting to see what they decide later on. 

I could see Kendra and Joe wanting to do a letter theme, to keep up with the Duggar image. I'm hoping if they do, they are smart about it and don't reuse names or use kriiaeytif spelling. 

Other boy names the Dills could possibly use if they stick with their theme:

Gabriel, Ezekiel, Ishmael, Abel, Emmanuel, Joel, Daniel (maybe not since Derick’s brother is Daniel), Nathaniel

I’d also guess that they’d keep using family names for the middle names too - Izzy shares a middle name with Dan Dillard and JD Duggar, Sam’s first name is Justin Duggar’s middle name, and Sam’s middle name is Derick’s paternal grandma’s Maiden name. I’m not a fan of pretty much anything the Dills have done, but I do like that they’ve picked family names and Samuel is a sweet name. Izzy is a nice name too, but pretty icky considering how these people view Israel and Judaism. 

I won’t guess girl names because they haven’t had a daughter (thankfully.) We know they (or at least Jill) liked the name Selah when she was pregnant with Izzy, but tastes change with time and they may not like that name now. I’d guess they’d go with Biblical names for girls as well, but hopefully we don’t find that out for sure. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we include JB and M:
James: 4 times - JB, Turd, James, Mikey
Robert: 3 times - JB, Jed, and Jer,
David: 2 times - JD and Izzy
Garrett: 2 times - Joe and Mason,
Michael: 2 times - Jason and Mikey,
Michelle: 2 times - Michelle and Jill,
Samuel: 2 times - Justin and Izzy

If we include the in-laws,
4 Michaels
3 Renees
2 Annas
2 Josephs

I think a lot of gay men in history managed to reproduce for “dynastic” reasons. Duty rather than pleasure but possible. James I of England (VI of Scotland) was reportedly gay but fathered 7 children!

James is an old  family name. I looked up Duggars on Ancestry on a whim once and saw that JB’s granddad was a James as well.  

5 hours ago, BundleofJoy said:

It's a little late, but your post reminded me of an article I read a couple of years ago. 

https://www.xojane.com/sex/true-love-waits-pledge

This is the story of a woman who saved sex for marriage, but being raised in a purity culture her virginity became a part of her identity and after marriage she felt lost. She writes this about her wedding night:

I sincerely hope that none of the Duggar girls experience these feelings. It's so heartbreaking to read how this woman followed all the rules set for her, yet to feel soiled and tarnished.

One of the many, many ways in which purity culture hurts people. If only society could see all the damage it does.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

As for the "little one" instead of "baby" - I actually much prefer "little one" to the term "tiny human" that's all over everywhere. lol

Huh, you're right, that has become quite a cliche over the last few years, hasn't it? I wonder where that started.

16 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Huh, you're right, that has become quite a cliche over the last few years, hasn't it? I wonder where that started.

I always assumed it started with Grey's Anatomy. That's where I first heard the term "tiny human" several years ago.

Faith or Grace  or Hope. Sweet classic pastors daughter names. The irony is if she grows up to be clumsy pessimistic atheist :)

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Easy answer: there are a whole lot of gay men who have impregnated women. It happens. Sex usually isn't a rigid, black and white thing - it's not always that you're either turned on and you can perform, or you're not and you can't. There's a lot of grey area. Sometimes gay people can enjoy straight sex, and sometimes straight people can enjoy gay sex (to put it very, very simply). Men can also achieve an erection and 'perform' sexually without actually desiring it.

Thanks.   

I know that some people are bisexual and can go either way.   And that some homosexuals can  sometimes 'fake it' - and be aroused by whatever.

But I'm thinking that **for me** that the idea of homosexual sex would be so repulsive that I'd not be able to fake it.   Therefore, why wouldn't some gay/lesbians also feel that way about heterorsexual sex.

Thanks to those who took the time to explain.  (Yeah, I led a sheltered life with some of this stuff - and spent a good part of my growing up years raised as a fundie lite - and as a result I'm a bit of an 'outcast' for being so 'liberal' about some things)

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I also like the name Jacob, and am a bit surprised that JB and Michelle didn't use it.

Doubt the letter J will be used by the next generation, at least for a good while.

Jinger and Jeremy should continue with J. Julie, Jacob, Jeffrey and Jasmine will be super cute, have excelent style, go to christian school, make friends, play sports, and all be a little bit less fundie when they grow up. 

^Sorry about the creepy fanfic. But a girl can hope right?

11 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Jinger and Jeremy should continue with J. Julie, Jacob, Jeffrey and Jasmine will be super cute, have excelent style, go to christian school, make friends, play sports, and all be a little bit less fundie when they grow up. 

I had a preschooler today named "Jamilton" pronounced "Hamilton". So there's a new creative J name for them.

Jamilton sounds like a 90s kids cartoon spin on Hamilton. And I insist on the hard j. The premise would be something like Hamilton falls through a time portal, drinks a rad potion, and is transformed into JAMilton, the super cool founding father who instructs the youth of today on governmental principles via educational rap songs, guided by an apparition of Ben Franklin.

In other news, I'm rather excited for Jinger's maternity fashion! 

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah, I don't think Jessa slipped, it IS possible to not know what you are having, many people still choose not to find out, at Joy's age even is she WERE getting good prenatal care, an u/s won't be 100% necessary, I had kids in my 20's and wasn't given the option of an u/s in my 2nd pregnancy, because insurance said there was no reason for it.

YES!  I always said I'M pregnant, WE are expecting a baby.

Yes! As long as I am the one having contractions, mood swings and progesterone supplements put into my body daily two different ways, I AM THE ONE PREGNANT. He is just leisurely gaining weight. 

I am now singing the entire 'Hamilton' soundtrack in my head, but replacing all instances of 'Hamilton' with 'Jamilton' and it is beautiful.

I'm trying to think of similar names for the other characters. Lolfayette. Bombass Jefferson. Scarin' Burr, Bamjelica... Hercules Mulligan could stay the same.

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I got an ad on instagram that said "get pregnant faster!" And I blame this thread.

Oh man I have gotten some strange targeted ads because of things I've needed to look up.

Back around when Joy announced and everyone was explaining pregnancy dates are counted since your last period, I started getting those early detection pregnancy test ads. I decided to do some more reading and boy was that a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

My pet naming-scheme-dream for JinJer are for them to use Js as middle names for their littles.....I think they like to be too "sophisticated" for a brood of alliterating first names, especially with their own, haha. So, just to use the names I said I liked in my earlier post lol.....something like Clara Jacqueline, Sophia Jade, Charles Jacob, Robert Jesse, etc :D 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Faith or Grace  or Hope. Sweet classic pastors daughter names. The irony is if she grows up to be clumsy pessimistic atheist :)

I think Joy should get dibs on the virtue names, besides Grace, which Anna already used for a middle name. Faith, Hope, Mercy, Constance, Charity. 

10 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Really? You would totally annoy me on that part if I knew you ;-) How can a man be pregnant?

I would just say: 'his wife/girlfriend is pregnant', 'he is having a baby' or 'he is/they are expecting'

:pb_lol: Is THIS why I got downvoted on that post? :pb_lol: It was a long multi-quote response and I got TWO red arrows right away and I had no idea where I went wrong. This is a relief. :pb_lol:

I pretty much only have such discussions with my sister. She and I talk about everything and everyone, but I’m otherwise not one to comment on the contents of anyone’s uterus. (Duggars are fair game though. This is how they make their living.) So I guess my sister is the only one subjected to my “he’s pregnant” and she’s used to it now. :my_biggrin: (Just an aside: “OMG remember my college boyfriend Cute Soft Bryan? HES PREGNANT!” is easier than “HIS SISTER’S FRIEND WHO WASNT HIS GIRLFRIEND BUT IS NOW PRETENDING THEYVE BEEN IN LOVE FOR MONTHS AND MAYBE IS NOW HIS GIRLFRIEND IS PREGNANT BY HIM!” doesn’t roll off the tongue as easily. :pb_lol:

(Okay, fine. I’m trying to justify something ridiculous that I say and that apparently annoys others. The story about Cute Soft Bryan is true though. Haha)

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

As super obvious as a J theme would seem, it didn't occur to me until I read your post. Would they have to keep up the 6-letter theme, too? 

Jaclyn, Joslyn, Jolene, Janice, Jaycee, Judith, Jayden, Juliet

Jerome, Jasper, Jaymee, Jaykob, Julian

(Joshua, Joseph, Justin, Josiah, and Jordyn have been taken)

Ehhhh.... Not loving it

I still like the flower or plant theme better. Rose Vuolo, Lily Vuolo. 

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I am now singing the entire 'Hamilton' soundtrack in my head, but replacing all instances of 'Hamilton' with 'Jamilton' and it is beautiful.

Ha ha! yes! very beautiful :P gosh I love Hamilton... or should I say, Jamilton? 

And S/O @TuringMachine!  The list of repeated names in the Grandchildren was very satisfying, as I am so OCD about these things so thanks for that!

5 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Excuse my ignorance on the bolded part, but wouldn't it be easier on a woman to hide their sexuality than it would be for a man?  

As a lesbian previously engaged to a man, nope.

30 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

My pet naming-scheme-dream for JinJer are for them to use Js as middle names for their littles.

That's a nice idea. Now I have a naming-scheme-dream with two parts. Flowers and J middle names. I don't even like this couple. They're not even remotely close to being my pet fundies. I borderline can't stand them. Why do I have a naming-scheme-dream? I wish it would go away. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived