IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

I just have to say I really appreciate how much thought everyone is putting in to baby names here. You are all my people. :pb_lol:

In regards to the Dillards, was the "ending in -el" thing done of purpose? I kind of see them using Rachel for a girl (although I too, am hoping beyond hope they don't give us a chance to find out). Selah can still work, if the theme is the name just has to have "el" in it somewhere.

The real question is, which hero of the faith are the Seewalds going to honor next?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

In regards to the Dillards, was the "ending in -el" thing done of purpose?

In an episode of CO, Derick said they hadn't immediately noticed that both names ended in -el, and that it wasn't an intentional theme. IIRC, he didn't mention if they planned to continue with it or not. 

8 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

The real question is, which hero of the faith are the Seewalds going to honor next?

(Billy) Graham?

Oral (Roberts)?

(Jim) Bakker?

Creflo Dollar?

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

(Billy) Graham?

Oral (Roberts)?

(Jim) Bakker?

Creflo Dollar?

Flame

ETA- anyone know if Spurgeon’s middle name is just a name they liked or was Elliot inspired by someone (Jim Elliot?)

11 minutes ago, Pete Pickles said:

Flame

ETA- anyone know if Spurgeon’s middle name is just a name they liked or was Elliot inspired by someone (Jim Elliot?)

Elliot was after the preacher!

I could see Benessa using (C.S.) Lewis. They also like to quote Tozer, who's surname would make as odd a first name as Spurgeon. lol. Though, while I'm actually loving Jessa as a boy-mom, the odds are they'll eventually have a girl.....and I wonder what sort of girl-names would fit with their evangelist theme haha.

12 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I wonder what sort of girl-names would fit with their evangelist

Tammy Fay

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

Oh man I have gotten some strange targeted ads because of things I've needed to look up.

I am now getting Arndt photography showing up in my Facebook feed. Thanks Maxhell thread for that one. :pb_lol:

30 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

and I wonder what sort of girl-names would fit with their evangelist theme haha.

Maybe Piper for John Piper? 

2 minutes ago, BundleofJoy said:

Maybe Piper for John Piper? 

ooooooh I actually really like that. haha. Or maybe after someone's excellent wife? lol. kinda sucks when you decide to name your spawn after leaders and scholars in your faith tradition/belief system but also come from a but also come from a belief system that bars an entire gender from leadership and scholarly achievement....*eyeroll*

44 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

You mean it wasn't after the boy in E.T?

1 hour ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I still like the flower or plant theme better. Rose Vuolo, Lily Vuolo. 

I love flower names!

And I love alliteration for some letters: Violet Vuolo, nickname V.V.

51 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I could see Benessa using (C.S.) Lewis. They also like to quote Tozer, who's surname would make as odd a first name as Spurgeon. lol. Though, while I'm actually loving Jessa as a boy-mom, the odds are they'll eventually have a girl.....and I wonder what sort of girl-names would fit with their evangelist theme haha.

Since she didn’t get her Quincy maybe she could use Queenie!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenie_Muriel_Francis_Adams

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

In regards to the Dillards, was the "ending in -el" thing done of purpose? I kind of see them using Rachel for a girl (although I too, am hoping beyond hope they don't give us a chance to find out).

I was actually thinking about this last night!  Ariel or Uriel, maybe?  I'm not too sure how much they like angels.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

In regards to the Dillards, was the "ending in -el" thing done of purpose? 

I think it wasn't on purpose, but I could see them continuing the theme if they can find suitable baby names.

For a girl they could go with Bethel, which means "house of God" according to a baby names website and I think it's also in the Bible. The nickname Betty fits in perfectly with the nickname trend of Izzy and Sammy as well! :D

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I wonder what sort of girl-names would fit with their evangelist theme haha.

Annie Armstrong and (Charlotte)Lottie Moon were both missonaries

39 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I like Rosemary for a girl and Sage for a boy.

Perfect for the first set of twin grandchildren.

20 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Hmm for names how about a mix of coffee and spice/herbs

Mocha Cinnamon

Macchiato Basil

Chai Pepper

Chai pepper sounds like some one Rob Kardashian would marry. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I am now singing the entire 'Hamilton' soundtrack in my head, but replacing all instances of 'Hamilton' with 'Jamilton' and it is beautiful.

I'm trying to think of similar names for the other characters. Lolfayette. Bombass Jefferson. Scarin' Burr, Bamjelica... Hercules Mulligan could stay the same.

Has Broadway gone too far?

IMG_6318.JPG.8c114787aafc2d4d690571fb501bc14b.JPG

Hamilton is the name of my neighbouring town, now I'm thinking how more exotic it would be if it started with a J. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived