IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Jill looks like she's sad.

Maybe because she is the only one not pregnant 

1 minute ago, Percy said:

Maybe because she is the only one not pregnant 

And she's married to Derick, no longer will be on the show, her hubby is an asshole on social media...

I'd be sad too. 

Maybe Jill's just tired. Maybe she has a cold. Maybe she just had to listen to Derick rant for an hour about something some heathen said on Twitter. 

43 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Nah. That's the only thing Michelle knows about Jinger, so that's why she mentioned it.

Sad but true.

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

...As for zero-to-sex - why not? I understand those of you who are freaked out by the "no touching and then suddenly sexytime" but come on... they're normal (???) humans with normal urges that were abnormally quelled until the "I do" is uttered. Just because they haven't kissed each other doesn't mean they aren't going to jump each other's bones....

I see your point I think some were probably totally fine. I guess I didn't explain my thoughts entirely (baby is teething and I don't do anything entirely right now haha). I guess I'm more concerned with the history of sexual abuse that seems to not be handled well in these communities intertwining with the 0 to 100 sexual relationship.  As an abuse survivor I could see where it could bring up some unhealed and unhealthy feelings. 

On the subject of the family portraits. 

Everyone is doing that weird fundie stare but Jinger and Jeremy look great and happy. As do Joy and Austin and Jessa and Ben. Not sure why Jessa or whoever chose a picture where Joe's eyes are closed but Kendra looks good also.

All those photos in a row kind of point out that Derick is by far the least attractive Duggar-in-law. He still looks kinda sick. Jill looks like she just had a baby and recovering, complications or not. Seriously, Jill looks very un-thrilled in that video too. She's definitely having a rough go of it. Honestly, seeing everyone together like that, she really did lose out in the spouse department in several different ways compared to her siblings. 

Don't get me started on Joshly(blah) but the rest of that family is beautiful.  

Jessa is totally pregnant.

I think Jill looks exhausted rather than sad. She has a small baby and a toddler, and is possibly still recovering from a traumatic delivery. Her husband seems like a jerk and probably doesn’t help with any womens work, so she is likely sleep deprived and worked to the bone.

They trained their prepubescent daughters to shout "NIKE" so that their brothers would know when to avert their eyes if an 'immodestly' dressed woman walked by. They forbid their children from dancing because it may 'stir up desires which cannot righteously be fulfilled'. Premarital sex is such a dire sin that courting couples cannot be alone together or kiss each other lest they fall into temptation. Most of their outward beliefs and practices centre around preventing sexual sin.

It's nice that they think sex is a good thing between a husband and a wife, but that doesn't change how it's treated right up until that very moment. That's a psychological mindfuck. If some of them are able to develop a healthy sexuality despite all that, great, but it does not change the fact that they absolutely demonize sex. It's too dramatic a dichotomy (any form of sexuality before marriage being evil and sinful vs. sexuality after marriage being the most amaaaaazing holy wonderful incredible thing EVER!) to be even remotely healthy.

I grew up Catholic. And not even particularly strict Catholic. My mom and most of her sisters had shotgun weddings and I was never forbidden to have sex. It was just... Never talked about. She asked me, in a very tentative voice, if I needed to go on birth control one time when I went to college and that was all I got about sex. At all.

And still. I was fucked up about sex just from youth groups and kids my age who DID grow up in super strict homes.

I remember a friend of mine who was also raised Catholic. She imposed strictness on herself but her family wasn't super strict in that way. She was having sex with her bf and they felt super guilty about it. It was so incredibly sad to me. I never wanted to feel guilty and have to have that feeling of guilt attached to an intimate relationship with anyone I loved. So I waited until I knew I wouldn't feel guilty anymore. And it was the day after my wedding.

I remember going with her shopping for her clothes for her wedding night and honeymoon. A time that should have been kind of naughty and silly and indulgent in a "I can't believe I'm buying lingerie with my friends" sort of way but she was just uncomfortable. She even brought up how excited she was that sex with her bf would finally be "allowed". I remember her saying "I've been told my whole life I'd be a bad Christian to wear this stuff and how I'd be hurting my boyfriend to wear it and NOW I'm just supposed to buy it to be sexy for my husband? Like it's nothing?"

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we were nowhere near fundie or fundie lite and yet we still got fucked in the "guilty about sexual relationships" department.

I feel so incredibly sad for these girls. And scared.

16 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we were nowhere near fundie or fundie lite and yet we still got fucked in the "guilty about sexual relationships" department.

The thing that really gets me about super-strict religious upbringings - and this might be too graphic(?) - is not being able to experiment with toys/masturbation/fantasies. Many women can't orgasm from "regular" sex, and I can't imagine what a sad life I'd have without vibrators. :pb_lol: Do fundie women never use toys with their partners...? Is that too sinful? Do they never try kinky stuff? Do they never orgasm??? Seriously, those are the questions that really keep me up at night.

3 minutes ago, bananabread said:

The thing that really gets me about super-strict religious upbringings - and this might be too graphic(?) - is not being able to experiment with toys/masturbation/fantasies. Many women can't orgasm from "regular" sex, and I can't imagine what a sad life I'd have without vibrators. :pb_lol: Do fundie women never use toys with their partners...? Is that too sinful? Do they never try kinky stuff? Do they never orgasm??? Seriously, those are the questions that really keep me up at night.

Probably depends on the husband, to be honest. The husband is the one who's supposed to initiate and control sex, women are simply supposed to respond.  I've never heard that toys or kinks are banned in that crowd - again, I think it mostly depends on the individual man and what he likes/finds acceptable. I seem to recall that they think the wife's sexual pleasure is important, but who knows how that actually pans out in reality. In the middle ages it was believed that a woman couldn't conceive unless she had an orgasm. Fundies have some pretty regressive beliefs, so maybe they believe that too. :pb_lol: (Of course, with that belief comes shit like 'legitimate rape' - because of course if a woman was raped and got pregnant, she must have enjoyed it. If you're ever wondering where those insane Republicans get their weird ass talking points, look no further than the 13th century.)

2 hours ago, Casserole said:

LOL that the Duggar's included friggen Josh in the congrats video, but even they knew not to include Jill and Derrick. (Yes, I know he could have been busy... or it's just bad PR) But Josh ranking above Dwreck? Damn. 

I think Josh is a disgusting creep, but if I had to be stuck in an elevator with one of them it would be Josh.  If he hadn't been born the eldest son in that family I believe that he might have turned out OK.  Derick, AFAIC, went out of his way to join the shit-show and is now out-shitting them.

10 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

OT for just a moment...if you feel comfortable, could you pm me a group or two that I could read and learn? We have been but plan on going late next year (waiting for Toy Story Land), Toy Story Land and Avatar will be new to us and I will need to plan. 

Hi, sorry just now seeing this! I will PM you a few in the morning. I am so sleepy ha! But I’ll glady try and help you out! We always plan our own trips from A to Z.

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Having said that, I think the TV shows initially served a useful purpose in that they were a gateway to some members learning more about dangerous extreme Christian Fundamentalist beliefs.  Discussing the evils of extreme Fundamentalism is the primary purpose of Free Jinger.  

I get this and early on I think when I brought up the show and people snarking on it I was told basically what is being said about the dangerous extreme Christian Fundie beliefs but then all the talk of flip flops, bad looking hair, bad skin problems, ill fitting wedding dresses, really bad diets and when will the next baby announcements. I guess all of it relates and I'm just too dense to get it.

2 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

I grew up Catholic. And not even particularly strict Catholic. My mom and most of her sisters had shotgun weddings and I was never forbidden to have sex. It was just... Never talked about. She asked me, in a very tentative voice, if I needed to go on birth control one time when I went to college and that was all I got about sex. At all.

And still. I was fucked up about sex just from youth groups and kids my age who DID grow up in super strict homes.

I remember a friend of mine who was also raised Catholic. She imposed strictness on herself but her family wasn't super strict in that way. She was having sex with her bf and they felt super guilty about it. It was so incredibly sad to me. I never wanted to feel guilty and have to have that feeling of guilt attached to an intimate relationship with anyone I loved. So I waited until I knew I wouldn't feel guilty anymore. And it was the day after my wedding.

I remember going with her shopping for her clothes for her wedding night and honeymoon. A time that should have been kind of naughty and silly and indulgent in a "I can't believe I'm buying lingerie with my friends" sort of way but she was just uncomfortable. She even brought up how excited she was that sex with her bf would finally be "allowed". I remember her saying "I've been told my whole life I'd be a bad Christian to wear this stuff and how I'd be hurting my boyfriend to wear it and NOW I'm just supposed to buy it to be sexy for my husband? Like it's nothing?"

I went to a religious school growing up in a kinda small town where everyone goes to church. My parents are pretty moderate and never banned anything from our household like many friends. However, I NEVER had any talks about my body or sex. I was so embarrassed by getting my period, I took pads from the nurses office for months before she finally called my mom. She never said anything, just started buying products for me. 

When my doctor mentioned birth control as treatment for my very painful acne, I was excited for some relief, my mom yelled at me in the car afterward about how i was “going to do what I want anyway so who cares”. 

While engaged, my mom still made my fiancé sleep in a different room when we stayed at heir house for the holidays. I could go on with tales...

and my parents are both doctors so extra WTF?! No conversations about my own body, I learned everything I know in high school and college by talking to friends :/

i know how naive I was from this experience, can’t imagine girls in this cult who are much more sheltered than I was!

Just watched the congrats videos. My thoughts:

Jessa and Ben - As others have said, most successful fundie power couple in my book. They've come miles since the judgy, hyper-political postings of their early days. Compatible, happy, super attractive, and pleasantly awkward. They're not trying too hard. And, I agree with others, Jessa is TOTALLY pregnant. And honestly, if they love parenting as much as they seem to, good for them. Their boys seem to be thriving, and children have only softened Jessa and Ben's fire-and-brimstone side so far.

Smuggar and Anna - UGH. Smuggar. Anna is adorable as always. She seems really happy, and there's a part of me that is glad to see that. Since she clearly isn't going to leave Josh, a "restoration" of their marriage and Josh's unlikely conversion into a perfect family man is the best I can hope for. Please don't screw this up, Smuggar. PLEASE.

Joy and Austin - I still like Austin. He's pretty chill. I don't have much to say about Joy other than that she looks excited for her baby (they have to know the gender by now, right? they're just not announcing it?). She seems so young. But if parenthood changed Jessa and Ben for the better, maybe Joy will find contentment, purpose, and maturity through that too. I think Austin will be a hands-on and affectionate father.

JB and Michelle - Michelle's hair looks pretty nice here!! For all their faults, I do think JB and Michelle genuinely love their children/grandchildren and try to do right by them (even if their beliefs are misguided). And JB adores Michelle. No matter how much of their fundie dynasty might be sugar-coated, propagandist bs, that much is real.

Jill and Derick - Oh lordy. Poor Jill. She looks so.......deflated? Her congrats were so unoriginal and bland. "Your newest little blessing" uhhhh, no, it's their FIRST EVER baby. Have a little enthusiasm, Jill. I know parenthood can be exhausting but all the other fundie couples (including JB and Michelle) consistently manage high-energy congrats, so I'm giving Jill no excuses. I just get this vibe from her like she's so sad. Like she always expected to adore marriage and motherhood (like Jessa), and she just doesn't. And despite all her efforts, things only seem to get worse for her branch of the Duggar clan. :(

1 hour ago, frugalitymom said:

I say Jinger will have a girl on a Jim Bob’s birthday

Yes and they can name her Gamie rather than Jamie. :giggle:

Do you guys remember this picture from November - When everyone on instagram were saying Jinger was pregnant...Well, if you pay close attention to the TLC youtube video you can see they also took an announcement photo at that same time. What a twist! I guess, haha.

Also, I uploaded the pictures too many times. The more the merrier. Lol

4E2639B7-8786-44B5-9A7A-C9DD7F46E5B1.thumb.png.34ce05b77f78ba462de1e76945437b07.pngB1E15FD2-DF6B-422A-ADB5-478E0C9F0550.thumb.jpeg.7d8cef176c72df693c5d67368fbe0845.jpeg

I got nothing to add to this news apart from Jeremy looking quite mature (almost middle-aged) in the announcement video. He's already got the "serious dad" look. 

I take a break from the Duggar thread and Jinger's pregnant? I was expecting Jessa to announce next. Congrats Jinger and Jeremy. I'm glad they had a year together with no kids. I hope she gets prenatal care.

8 hours ago, twoanddone said:

I'm in the camp of Jeremy pulled and prayed.  Awful visual, but it's sorta birth control, sorta leaving it up to god. 

Some men can do this very well, others cannot. A woman I know told me that with her first husband they only used this method and had three planned kids. They then divorced and she got a new boyfriend and suggested that they should also use this method. She had two oops pregnancies, one she carried to term and one abortion because it happend like 4 months after she gave birth the first time. She then got on the pill. 

I know I am late to this discussion (blame the time difference) but I understand why they would say 'expecting' instead of 'pregnant. For 'expecting' they can at least use 'we', while for 'pregnant' they would have to use 'I/she/Jinger'. If there is one thing that I hate the most about announcements it is when people say 'we are pregnant'. This can only technically apply for a lesbian couple.

I am also seriously jealous about how pregnancy affects Jingers hair, it looks so good lately. Maybe I should also get pregnant.

Also, why is Austin wearing his outdoor jacket inside for the video?

I know the "J" thing is beat to death in their family, but I am still perturbed they never had a Jacob or Jacqueline/Jaclyn (yet Jinger, JoHannah+Joy Anna all made the cut).  Jacob is even in the Bible.  So I'm rooting for a Jake or Jackie from them!

Jorie would also be cute, and has gained some traction IIRC.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived