IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, FundieCentral said:

they’d preach for about 6 months, realize that nothing is changing, and either tolerate and ignore it or come around to explicitly express love for their child while wishing them a life of god-centered celibacy. This even more strongly applies to the younger couples. 

I agree with what you're saying here - it's not a given that anyone will cast their child out, they're still parents who love their children. In many other situations, parents have had to come to terms with things regarding family that they perhaps did not envision.

(Also as a heads up - speculating by naming names is discouraged, the mods will possibly delete it, but edit out the name and it should be fine)

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, elliha said:

Being pregnant before marriage wasn't really that uncommon. Look at old records and you will see tons of children born 6-8 months after the marriage

My holier-than-thou, super-judgmental, hyper-no-sex-before-marriage, "what-if-gryffindor-disappointment-gets-pregnant" mother was a five-month baby. :boom:  She never knew, but I had that ace up my sleeve, just in case the "gryffindor-disappointment-gets-pregnant" scenario happened. lol

34 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I predict an announcement from Jessa

I think Jessa's announcement will be a back-to-back bump-shot of her and Jinger.

38 minutes ago, Gobbles said:

When we met the first time we went from kissing to the more advanced things in less than a few hours.

Same. But neither of us were virgins. We had never met in person, but were totally in love after a year of talking/im'ing/emailing. 

After watching the video... I had to watch it again. Holy awkward!

If Jessa isn't pregnant then bend hand placement is just plain weird and the clothes pin stuff got weird.

I think Jessa accidentally slipped and Joy is having a boy (possibly Kendra too but I doubt they know yet).

Michelle's crazy eyes are getting way worse.

Austin is looking more comfortable in front of the camera but he's not quite there yet but joy seemed fine to me.

why the hell are they letting Josh back into shit? At the very most they should've just not let him speak and only stand there. 

JB is just such a dip shit lol does he even think about what he will say?

i agree with a previous poster (sorry I forget who and I'm too lazy to look it up) it's odd they keep saying little one and things instead of baby. 

22 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Dear god! I have three birth pools going currently and I am still expecting Jessa! :P I'm not shocked, it was going to happen. I just hope that they all have them before the end of June, I'm bridesmaiding and will be too busy soaking up alcohol and fluffing a wedding dress to be worried about the Duggars! 

And hell no to Carmela! That is too close to my name! 

Where are your birth pools posted? I want in on that. 

I wondered about Jessa messing up and announcing Joy has a boy too but wouldn’t they just retake a video if she did? She seemed to genuinely not know. 

3 hours ago, Pete Pickles said:

My husband and I were both pregnant.  We shared in that misery.:dance:  I also will say "He's pregnant" if I'm talking to someone about a man we both know and the other person doesn't know the wife, or if we happen to be discussing a man in general.  ("Did he just take a new job?"  "Yeah and he'll need the pay increase now that he's pregnant.")  Weirdness on my part,  but too bad.

Really? You would totally annoy me on that part if I knew you ;-) How can a man be pregnant?

I would just say: 'his wife/girlfriend is pregnant', 'he is having a baby' or 'he is/they are expecting'

10 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

I wondered about Jessa messing up and announcing Joy has a boy too but wouldn’t they just retake a video if she did? She seemed to genuinely not know. 

Yeah, I don't think Jessa slipped, it IS possible to not know what you are having, many people still choose not to find out, at Joy's age even is she WERE getting good prenatal care, an u/s won't be 100% necessary, I had kids in my 20's and wasn't given the option of an u/s in my 2nd pregnancy, because insurance said there was no reason for it.

11 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Really? You would totally annoy me on that part if I knew you ;-) How can a man be pregnant?

I would just say: 'his wife/girlfriend is pregnant', 'he is having a baby' or 'he is/they are expecting'

YES!  I always said I'M pregnant, WE are expecting a baby.

I think Jessa looked down right giddy in the congrats photo. I agree, there is definitely going to be an announcement from her soon! The handholding placement just seemed so weird!

15 hours ago, Drala said:

I'm going with Rutabaga Roy Vuolo if it's a boy.  :my_rolleyes:

I'm putting that on the list for giggles!

I also think that Jessa may very well be pregnant with that tunic. Although...I like it! 

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My holier-than-thou, super-judgmental, hyper-no-sex-before-marriage, "what-if-gryffindor-disappointment-gets-pregnant" mother was a five-month baby. :boom:  She never knew, but I had that ace up my sleeve, just in case the "gryffindor-disappointment-gets-pregnant" scenario happened. lol

My former colleague did not find out until he helped clean out his grandfather's apartment after he died that his grandma and grandpa had married just a couple of weeks before his uncle was born. They had claimed to have married the year before that but that was not what the actual papers said... His grandmother was very religious so he thought it was her idea to hide it. 

30 minutes ago, elliha said:

My former colleague did not find out until he helped clean out his grandfather's apartment after he died that his grandma and grandpa had married just a couple of weeks before his uncle was born. They had claimed to have married the year before that but that was not what the actual papers said... His grandmother was very religious so he thought it was her idea to hide it. 

My MIL lies to people and says she was married in 1986 rather than 1987 so people won't know she was pregnant when she got married. It's...really weird. 

Sorry for the speculation, I didn’t realize the rule extended to adult children living at the compound. Thanks @Coconut Flan

Regardless, my point was that it is statistically likely someone in the extended duggar clan will come out at some point, but I have hope that this does not have to lead to a worst case, super dramatic, movie-worthy fight and runaway sort of situation. Lots of families experience this, and many come to some degree of acceptance, even if their tolerance or acceptance doesn’t look exactly like the one Pflag etc. would prescribe as ideal. Children can then decide to what extent they value their family relationships vs. their own self-expression. :) 

18 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I seriously doubt any of them wait for more than a few days at most after getting married before having sex. As for whether it's traumatic, well, for some of them I'm sure it is, for others it's probably great. But it's not just the fact that they go from no kissing/alone time to having sex in one night. Plenty of people do that in secular society. It's the fact that sex goes from being something you're supposed to shun and avoid at all costs to the point that even having a sexual fantasy is considered a grievous sin, to being something that you're supposed to be ready, willing, and enthusiastic to do whenever and however often your headship so desires. They go from demonizing sex to deifying it in approximately two seconds. Both attitudes are really unhealthy, and it must result in some pretty intense whiplash.  

It's a little late, but your post reminded me of an article I read a couple of years ago. 

https://www.xojane.com/sex/true-love-waits-pledge

This is the story of a woman who saved sex for marriage, but being raised in a purity culture her virginity became a part of her identity and after marriage she felt lost. She writes this about her wedding night:

Sex hurt. I knew it would. Everyone told me it would be uncomfortable the first time. What they didn't tell me is that I would be back in the bathroom afterward, crying quietly for reasons I didn't yet comprehend. They didn't tell me that I'd be on my honeymoon, crying again, because sex felt dirty and wrong and sinful even though I was married and it was supposed to be okay now.

When we got home, I couldn't look anyone in the eye. Everyone knew my virginity was gone. My parents, my church, my friends, my co-workers. They all knew I was soiled and tarnished. I wasn't special anymore. My virginity had become such an essential part of my personality that I didn't know who I was without it.

I sincerely hope that none of the Duggar girls experience these feelings. It's so heartbreaking to read how this woman followed all the rules set for her, yet to feel soiled and tarnished.

I think if any of the Duggars were LGBT, they would hide it, get married to someone of the opposite sex, have babies, because that was you are supposed to do. They wouldn't be the first queer person to get married in the hope that it would solve it. I don't think there would be a coming out, don't think that's something they would dare share with ma and pa. 

A man can be pregnant if he has a uterus. A man and a woman saying "We are pregnant" is almost never correct, but not impossible. 

8 hours ago, physicalscience said:

I know the "J" thing is beat to death in their family, but I am still perturbed they never had a Jacob or Jacqueline/Jaclyn (yet Jinger, JoHannah+Joy Anna all made the cut).  Jacob is even in the Bible.  So I'm rooting for a Jake or Jackie from them!

Jorie would also be cute, and has gained some traction IIRC.

I also like the name Jacob, and am a bit surprised that JB and Michelle didn't use it.

Doubt the letter J will be used by the next generation, at least for a good while.

45 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I also like the name Jacob, and am a bit surprised that JB and Michelle didn't use it.

Doubt the letter J will be used by the next generation, at least for a good while.

Actually I don't see any of the current marrieds using letter themes aside from Smugger obviously.  Jessa has her theme, and Jill won't do it because she's got an Izzy and a Sammy. Jeremy wouldn't because he can't seem to stand Boob & DQ.  Kendra & Joe might actually, I can see them doing it, I don't get the impression J&A will, they just don't seem to be the kitschy type.

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

I think if any of the Duggars were LGBT, they would hide it, get married to someone of the opposite sex, have babies, because that was you are supposed to do. They wouldn't be the first queer person to get married in the hope that it would solve it. I don't think there would be a coming out, don't think that's something they would dare share with ma and pa. 

Excuse my ignorance on the bolded part, but wouldn't it be easier on a woman to hide their sexuality than it would be for a man?   A woman can just lay there and get pregnant and not have to be 'turned on'.    

It is my understanding that a gay man may not be able to get sexually excited with a woman so that he can inpregant a woman.  

Serious question as I really don't know.  

8 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Excuse my ignorance on the bolded part, but wouldn't it be easier on a woman to hide their sexuality than it would be for a man?   A woman can just lay there and get pregnant and not have to be 'turned on'.    

It is my understanding that a gay man may not be able to get sexually excited with a woman so that he can inpregant a woman.  

Easy answer: there are a whole lot of gay men who have impregnated women. It happens. Sex usually isn't a rigid, black and white thing - it's not always that you're either turned on and you can perform, or you're not and you can't. There's a lot of grey area. Sometimes gay people can enjoy straight sex, and sometimes straight people can enjoy gay sex (to put it very, very simply). Men can also achieve an erection and 'perform' sexually without actually desiring it.

12 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

I have a good friend who had 4 kids with his wife before deciding he couldn't live like that anymore.  He and his husband now live across the street from her and her new husband, and have the healthiest blended family/divorce I've ever heard of. 

My dad is gay. My mother was not. 

Oddly, not the reason for their divorce. 

33 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Actually I don't see any of the current marrieds using letter themes aside from Smugger obviously.  Jessa has her theme, and Jill won't do it because she's got an Izzy and a Sammy. Jeremy wouldn't because he can't seem to stand Boob & DQ.  Kendra & Joe might actually, I can see them doing it, I don't get the impression J&A will, they just don't seem to be the kitschy type.

Jill's boys kind of have a theme, so far - biblical with el endings. It'll be interesting to see what they decide later on. 

I could see Kendra and Joe wanting to do a letter theme, to keep up with the Duggar image. I'm hoping if they do, they are smart about it and don't reuse names or use kriiaeytif spelling. 

I've convinced myself that almost all the adult kids are waiting until Michelle's babymaking season is 100% undoubtedly over, and then they'll clamor for who can be the one to use the name Julie for a grandchild. That'll sure make grandbaby #16 or #21 or #24 or whatever stand out to her greatest benefactor: JB!

Seriously though- I wonder if the Duggar kids will communally be quiverful enough that they'll start repeating names. Certainly middle names, if that hasn't happened already.

Also on a side note, I think it's a bit sweet that Jinger and Joseph are having their first kids so close together. I hope it brings them together as friends/sibs.

As for the "little one" instead of "baby" - I actually much prefer "little one" to the term "tiny human" that's all over everywhere. lol

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

As for the "little one" instead of "baby" - I actually much prefer "little one" to the term "tiny human" that's all over everywhere. lol

I refer to my nieces and nephew as "the smalls" and have for quite some time, it fits better now as the nephew is 7 and my nieces will be 6 in April.

@NakedKnees Unless they do IVF Michelle's breeding years are 100% over she's 51, odds are she's starting menopause or will be very very shortly.

Men CAN fake it, not fake it but fake interest, the mind is a great thing.

45 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Certainly middle names, if that hasn't happened already.

Off the top of my head, one of the Duggar boys (?Justin) has Samuel as a middle name and Garrett has been used a couple of times (Mason and Joseph).

edit - oh and James of course. I’ll think of more now that I’ve hit submit haha.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived