IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

What? This was most definitely not normal in generations past. It's never been normal for people to go from not even kissing (sometimes not even touching) to having sex on their wedding night. Even in the middle ages amongst nobility who practiced arranged marriages between teenagers, the marriages often weren't actually consummated for months or years. This sort of thing was especially uncommon over the past century or so. Four of my great-grandmothers were pregnant before they got married, and that wasn't at all unusual at the time.

What I meant was there was a lot less touching. It isn't that radical, that's all. Especially when you've been brought up to think that your wedding night is THE night of your life. Her whole purpose begins at that moment. That's all

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, did anyone notice how Jinger didn't show off her stomach like the other pregnancy announcements? 

It's almost hidden. 

51 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

They go from demonizing sex to deifying it in approximately two seconds.

I disagree. I don't think they every truly demonize sex - they just preach (and preach and PREACH) that it's only for married couples, and so these girls are MORE THAN READY to have sex when they're finally alone with their husbands. 

I'm sure there is was plenty of talk about it in hushed voices in the girls' dorm after the littles were asleep. JB and M never made a secret of when they were having sex, so I'm sure it was a "normal" (as normal as anything those girls ever knew) thing for them to talk about it. All girls do - especially horny teenagers. 

Well, I don't think anyone can say it's a surprise. I hope everything goes good for them and the baby. Jinger looks awesome in the announcement video! Married life suits her very well looks wise

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

You got your wish. Why are you sad?

I meant, longer than the year or so they had together before she got pregnant. I’m definitely glad that at least one couple, JinJer, was able to have at least a year of childless bliss to explore and adventure and get to know each other before popping out babies. Still, I just hoped they’d wait a little longer. I wonder if Jing felt pressured at all when she saw teenaged Kendra and Joy get pregnant and that’s when she decided it had to be time for her? Even subconsciously, maybe she felt guilty for waiting so long.

Or maybe they had always planned to wait a year and then try for a baby, or maybe now they’re super thrilled to finally be pregnant after trying since their honeymoon. In which case, im genuinely happy for them. I just wonder if family/cult guilt had any role, but I guess I’ll always wonder that about everything these people do. 

13 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

14 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I disagree. I don't think they every truly demonize sex - they just preach (and preach and PREACH) that it's only for married couples, and so these girls are MORE THAN READY to have sex when they're finally alone with their husbands. 

I can't argue with that.... and, after all, they've been through the hell of wedding planning together, so must know each other quite well. And I have been known, on occasion, to have sex with people I've known for less than a day.

The question is- how do they have sex, for the first time, sober?

18 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm sure there is was plenty of talk about it in hushed voices in the girls' dorm after the littles were asleep. JB and M never made a secret of when they were having sex, so I'm sure it was a "normal" (as normal as anything those girls ever knew) thing for them to talk about it. All girls do - especially horny teenagers. 

They trained their prepubescent daughters to shout "NIKE" so that their brothers would know when to avert their eyes if an 'immodestly' dressed woman walked by. They forbid their children from dancing because it may 'stir up desires which cannot righteously be fulfilled'. Premarital sex is such a dire sin that courting couples cannot be alone together or kiss each other lest they fall into temptation. Most of their outward beliefs and practices centre around preventing sexual sin.

It's nice that they think sex is a good thing between a husband and a wife, but that doesn't change how it's treated right up until that very moment. That's a psychological mindfuck. If some of them are able to develop a healthy sexuality despite all that, great, but it does not change the fact that they absolutely demonize sex. It's too dramatic a dichotomy (any form of sexuality before marriage being evil and sinful vs. sexuality after marriage being the most amaaaaazing holy wonderful incredible thing EVER!) to be even remotely healthy.

I just watched the congrats video from JB/Michelle and the other couples and omg—is it me or is it sort of creepy and very uncomfortable to watch!? (Sorry if I’m stating the obvious, still catching up on the thread!!) Why do they make so many videos if they’re all (except maybe Jessa) so awkward in front of a camera?!

The mod post was advisory as the discussion was getting close to the line in spots.

Discussion of that post was moved to community discussion where it belongs.

37 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Also, did anyone notice how Jinger didn't show off her stomach like the other pregnancy announcements? 

It's almost hidden. 

Good for her, I say. I think she won't be as open as Jill and Jessa were with their baby bumps.

8 minutes ago, brusselsgriffon said:

I just watched the congrats video from JB/Michelle and the other couples and omg—is it me or is it sort of creepy and very uncomfortable to watch!? (Sorry if I’m stating the obvious, still catching up on the thread!!) Why do they make so many videos if they’re all (except maybe Jessa) so awkward in front of a camera?!

Okay, I'm sorry, you cannot convince me that Jessa isn't already pregnant. That tunic, plus the fact they have no idea where to put Ben's hand. Come on.

The whole video is weird in typical Duggar fashion. Austin didn't have time to take off his parka? What was that conversation like, "Hey ya'll, let's all stand in a line in this storage room in front of some cardboard boxes to congratulate Jinger and Jeremy"? :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, bananabread said:

<snip>

I know it's silly, but I actually think a spices/herbs/plants theme would be SO FREAKING CUTE. Think of the options!! Rosemary, Pepper, Sage, Barry, Artemisia, Bay, Laurel, Jasmine, Lavender, Marjoram (Marjorie), Poppy, Juniper, Rue, Cherry, Holly, Rose, Clove, Arrowroot (Arrow), Mace, Maple, Pumpkynn......okay, maybe not that last one. ;) 

I'm going with Rutabaga Roy Vuolo if it's a boy.  :my_rolleyes:

I'm in the camp of Jeremy pulled and prayed.  Awful visual, but it's sorta birth control, sorta leaving it up to god. 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, I'm sorry, you cannot convince me that Jessa isn't already pregnant. That tunic, plus the fact they have no idea where to put Ben's hand. Come on.

The whole video is weird in typical Duggar fashion. Austin didn't have time to take off his parka? What was that conversation like, "Hey ya'll, let's all stand in a line in this storage room in front of some cardboard boxes to congratulate Jinger and Jeremy"? :pb_lol:

IT also looks like Jessa is leaning slightly forward so the tunic doesn't cling to her stomach at any point.

Jessa's tunic has me thinking:

1. PREGANANANT

2. Pants are imminent. As I recall, Sierra did some tunic tops as she started her Trouser Transition. And their buddy Jesus Taco MLM Lady (Kristin, who seems to be deep into several MLMs along with her Jesus Taco restaurant) dresses like that a lot as well. And she's a tank top, pants, and shorts wearing hussy. 

20 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Lie back and think of Pickles and tatorTots? 

I bet the first several times it is in the dark and he gets into a suitable missionary position and the girl may or may not be a little uncomfortable and embarrassed as is normal but not severely  So. She discovers this shit feels good and she relaxes over the next weeks. Might even get vocal the minx ;) They may even try some of the positions in the Sex Manuel by Dr Wheat  that JB and Michelle endorse.  

This is horrifically uncomfortable for me to read. 

That was one seriously awkward video.  I mean, any video with Josh Duggar in it is going to be uncomfortable, but even allowing for that - wow.  

But like them, I hope all of the babies are boys.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived