IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

There are so many conjectures of "what ifs"  and baby name predictions or possible future spouses so I have to ask. Many people talk at length about the above subjects then go on to say they want the program to end. I personally don't. Even when put together with people that I don't necessarily agree with or want to spend large amounts of time with, I still at times am curious about their goings ons. That being said, purely out of curiosity, what would you do? Close up shop? Never to speak of the Duggars (and let's include the Bates)  again? Would you seek another topic to talk about?  No question about it, this will probably make some mad that I even ask but it appears they generate so much interest then a person says, I wish the show would stop. These are the things that baffle me. 

With all this being said, I don't think having as many babies as possible is a godly thing. I don't think it is Godly to condemn people with alternative lifestyles. I also don't believe there is only one religion that we all should participate in. In so many ways they are so wrong but personally I'm kinda interested in how far off the tracks they take it.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope the legal/cultural context for any LGBT+ offspring will be significantly different for the upcoming generation. Gay conversion therapy is being banned more and more, as are "gay panic" defenses, and this is all while public opinion is turning toward pro-equality more*

I guess what I'm trying to say is, without defending any of the fundamentalist bigots that exist on here, these kids won't exist in a vaccuum- even less so than their hyper-sheltered parents. 

*While I do believe people can change, I do get it that that's not without huge risk to any potentially LGBT+ children. I came out as bi to mom when I was 13 and she waved it off as a phase, which I then absorbed and fought over mentally for 10 years. I still openly dated other girls and had a great relationship with my mom, but that was such a tiny comment that impacted me! I can hardly imagine what regrets, fights, and rifts these bigoted parents would go through on the path to "change." It sounds painful at best, and no child deserves that, nor to think that there's some sort of "greater good" at play there.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

If Jessa, gets pregnant, ALL the married sisters except Jill will be pregnant. Jill would be devastated. Out of all the married Duggars, Jill was adamantly clear at her wedding and in each interview that "We will have AS MANY BABIES as the Lord gives us!"  :my_angel:

If Jessa, Kendra, Joy, and Jinger all did a preggo photoshoot together, I could see it cracking Jill, especially now that they've been ousted from the show as well...

Anna isn't pregnant i don't think. 

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Not for many a generation. Remember, this was perfectly normal not that long ago. Yes, some WERE traumatized, but I really can't believe Jinger was. Good grief it's why they get married so young--just like generations past did.  [Daisy0322--not picking on you--it's a common theme here on FJ that no one can go from 0 to sex in a day, yet it happened all the time in the past). In terms of wanting to have sex I'd say the Jkids are in step with others their age. They may not be as fluent in the language, but the hormones are there.

What? This was most definitely not normal in generations past. It's never been normal for people to go from not even kissing (sometimes not even touching) to having sex on their wedding night. Even in the middle ages amongst nobility who practiced arranged marriages between teenagers, the marriages often weren't actually consummated for months or years. This sort of thing was especially uncommon over the past century or so. Four of my great-grandmothers were pregnant before they got married, and that wasn't at all unusual at the time.

4 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Anna isn't pregnant i don't think. 

Anna isn’t a Duggar sister. She’s a sister-in-law.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Anna isn’t a Duggar sister. She’s a sister-in-law.

Right. But Kendra keeps getting mentioned as All The Duggar Sisters being pregnant.  I was just adding that Anna is not pregnant, also a sister in law. 

I find it interesting that they've pretty much all stopped giving due dates. I wonder how much that actually cuts back on people bugging them about when the baby's coming. You'd think it would only make it worse, because instead of people assuming you're going to give birth on X date, you've got people breathing down your neck about it for two months or more.

Congratulations to them. I can't say they rushed things. 

I do hope Jinger will learn from Jessa and Jill. Please have the baby in the hospital. Please get prenatal care, and not from Jill.

Please Jinger and Jeremy be good parents. I hope they will be. 

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jill got pregnant this year. After all, she trusts "god" to take care of all-things-baby. 

As for zero-to-sex - why not? I understand those of you who are freaked out by the "no touching and then suddenly sexytime" but come on... they're normal (???) humans with normal urges that were abnormally quelled until the "I do" is uttered. Just because they haven't kissed each other doesn't mean they aren't going to jump each other's bones. I'd be flabbergasted if ANY of them "waited a few months" after marriage to go at it.

I thought Jill (who is no longer on the show) can't pregnant until 18 months after Sam is born and Sam is what 6 months so January 2019 way after Kendra, Joy, Jinger and Jessa have their babies. 

The thing about fundamentalists that makes them more dangerous than wrongdoing liberals is that there are rarely repercussions for their actions, whereas, especially recently, liberals tend to give consequences to their peers who commit sexual wrongdoings (ex. everything that has happened in Hollywood). Yes, Hollywood and the Democratic Party are still plagued by racism, sexism, and classism, but they are at least attempting to try to conquer them. Fundies, on the other hand, try their hardest to support and cover up sexual abuses in their communities, with few exceptions, and preach to “evil liberal snowflakes” as if they have no problems in their community.

On the speculation train---just because Jinger is small doesn't necessarily mean she'll have tiny babies.  I was smaller than her when I had my second & he was an ounce shy of 9 lbs.   I am no  longer as small as Jinger by the way.  :pb_neutral:

2 minutes ago, nst said:

I thought Jill (who is no longer on the show) can't pregnant until 18 months after Sam is born and Sam is what 6 months so January 2019 way after Kendra, Joy, Jinger and Jessa have their babies. 

She can if she WANTS to. Medical recommendations be damned.

I seriously doubt any of them wait for more than a few days at most after getting married before having sex. As for whether it's traumatic, well, for some of them I'm sure it is, for others it's probably great. But it's not just the fact that they go from no kissing/alone time to having sex in one night. Plenty of people do that in secular society. It's the fact that sex goes from being something you're supposed to shun and avoid at all costs to the point that even having a sexual fantasy is considered a grievous sin, to being something that you're supposed to be ready, willing, and enthusiastic to do whenever and however often your headship so desires. They go from demonizing sex to deifying it in approximately two seconds. Both attitudes are really unhealthy, and it must result in some pretty intense whiplash.  

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jill got pregnant this year. After all, she trusts "god" to take care of all-things-baby. 

As for zero-to-sex - why not? I understand those of you who are freaked out by the "no touching and then suddenly sexytime" but come on... they're normal (???) humans with normal urges that were abnormally quelled until the "I do" is uttered. Just because they haven't kissed each other doesn't mean they aren't going to jump each other's bones. I'd be flabbergasted if ANY of them "waited a few months" after marriage to go at it.

I guess my only comment to this part is just that it's one thing if somebody is choosing to wait till marriage for whatever reason(s) ~ it's another to be shamed into it with eternal damnation, which I suspect the Duggar offspring have been.

If they end up showing a Duggar child in a relationship, where they're kissing before marriage, and no one brings out the holy water, then I'll change my mind - but otherwise, shame on them for the guilt they've laid on their children.

4 minutes ago, nst said:

I mean, she *could* get pregnant before the 18mo.  And normally I'd say she'd do whatever she wants, but seeing as she didn't get pregnant until the 18mo. After with Sam, I'd imagine they're actually heading medical advice  (which, good for them!).

I do wonder if that means they activity prevent, or abstain from sex alltogther?

Anyways!!  Jinger is pregnant!  I'm glad she got some time alone with Jeremy, and I hope they have a healthy, and safe delivery <3

At the rate, Counting On will be never be able to catch up with everything going on. 

And I can't help but wonder how much Jinger and Jeremy will let things be shown on TV. I doubt it will show the birth, as Jessa was shown. I was amazed that Jessa or the powers that be, let things be shown, even Michelle calling 911.

4 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

I mean, she *could* get pregnant before the 18mo.  And normally I'd say she'd do whatever she wants, but seeing as she didn't get pregnant until the 18mo. After with Sam, I'd imagine they're actually heading medical advice  (which, good for them!).

since she is no longer on the show - it doesn't make any difference to the show whether she does 

clearly Jinger has stepped up because Jill is no longer on the show and decided to get pregnant. 

whether Jill continues to pregnant is neither here or there anymore because she won't get the attention she once did. It's a fact.  

3 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

At the rate, Counting On will be never be able to catch up with everything going on. 

And I can't help but wonder how much Jinger and Jeremy will let things be shown on TV. I doubt it will show the birth, as Jessa was shown. I was amazed that Jessa or the powers that be, let things be shown, even Michelle calling 911.

Jinger and Jeremy are on the show.  they will show something if they want to get paid 

they are the show now 

52 minutes ago, sansan said:

Many people talk at length about the above subjects then go on to say they want the program to end. I personally don't. Even when put together with people that I don't necessarily agree with or want to spend large amounts of time with, I still at times am curious about their goings ons. That being said, purely out of curiosity, what would you do? Close up shop? Never to speak of the Duggars (and let's include the Bates)  again? Would you seek another topic to talk about?  No question about it, this will probably make some mad that I even ask but it appears they generate so much interest then a person says, I wish the show would stop. These are the things that baffle me. 

There are many reasons to hope the program(s) to end.  Speaking only for myself, my primary reasons are:

• The Duggars (and Bateses) have been given a TV pulpit to preach their poisonous beliefs for too long; and
  • Reality TV programs in general and these families are exploiting  minor children and invading their privacy atrociously.

That's why I have never watched Counting On or the Bates's show on UPTV.

Having said that, I think the TV shows initially served a useful purpose in that they were a gateway to some members learning more about dangerous extreme Christian Fundamentalist beliefs.  Discussing the evils of extreme Fundamentalism is the primary purpose of Free Jinger.  

If the shows ended now, I think:

• Some members will still follow the families on social media and discuss them here.
  • Those members who are only interested in discussing the TV shows will dwindle away and - or - find another reality show to obsess about elsewhere. 
  • Those who are only interested in the Duggars and Bateses at the moment will either dwindle away or discover some of the other fantastically dysfunctional Fundie families we talk about on Free Jinger.

I'm actually bored to tears with the Duggars and Bateses and their interminable totally predictable pregnancy announcements.  I rarely visit these Duggar threads because there are so many other interesting things to talk about on Free Jinger.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

FJ, I have failed thee again. I've been AWOL for two weeks and thus the baby-free spell for JinJer has ended. I promise to be more committed in 2018, as to prevent future Duggar babies. 

But seriously, this Duggar pregnancy gives me the least "ick" factor. Maybe it's because they didn't get pregnant right after, maybe its the pants, maybe its the genius marketing that makes them look more attractive. 

Out of all the J'kids, I'm most okay with Jinger having a girl (please baby Jesus, don't let Joy give birth to a girl!!) 

I give it two months before Blessa is pregnant again. No way, she's gonna not be pregnant at the same time as her BFF. 

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Personally, I'm not going to speculate on the sexual orientation of Duggarlings-to-be.

Please don't anyone speculate about the orientation of the unborn.  Same rules apply as do to the born. 

21 minutes ago, nst said:

since she is no longer on the show - it doesn't make any difference to the show whether she does 

clearly Jinger has stepped up because Jill is no longer on the show and decided to get pregnant. 

whether Jill continues to pregnant is neither here or there anymore because she won't get the attention she once did. It's a fact.  

Jinger and Jeremy are on the show.  they will show something if they want to get paid 

they are the show now 

Jinger and Jeremy are private, especially compared to Jessa and Jill. Especially Jill who doesn't seem to care what she and Derick puts out there for all to see.

I am willing to bet significant parts of my left and right thighs that they used NFP for the first year.  I think Jeremy knew he didn't want children right away so they took this path knowing it wasn't the sinful type of birth control.

Basically, it's a win/win for me.

1 hour ago, sansan said:

That being said, purely out of curiosity, what would you do? Close up shop? Never to speak of the Duggars (and let's include the Bates)  again? Would you seek another topic to talk about?  No question about it, this will probably make some mad that I even ask but it appears they generate so much interest then a person says, I wish the show would stop. These are the things that baffle me. 

For one reason or another people are obsessed with the Duggars and maybe the Bates too. Some to hate on them, to cheer when a baby/wedding announcement is made, to keep lecturing the world about the dangers of fundamentalism or to laugh at Derick everytime he says something dumb and stupid on twitter. 

If the show gets cancelled they will follow on social media.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived