IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

Just now, nastyhobbitses said:

If he goes, I really hope someone contacts Nepali immigration authorities if he's ostensibly there to proselytize, which is illegal (and would violate the terms of whatever visa he gets -- and Derick is enough of an entitled ass that I'd doubt he'd get the correct visa for his activities and length of time he plans to stay there). He's already been an illegal immigrant in Nepal once by pulling that shit. Nothing would make me happier than watching Nepal boot his ass out.

If it's illegal to travel to Nepal to proselytize, could he possibly be in violation of GoFundMe's terms and conditions? Surely you're not allowed to fundraise for an illegal activity?

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jaeniduggar said:

Finally. It's unfortunate, that he wasn't fired, but at least something!cc43e6acc193ee1a2e8d024ac88b8b36.jpg

I'm confused. If this isn't "fired" then what is his status with TLC? 

And I feel really bad for poor Jill. It really looked for awhile like she had it all - golden child, first Duggar daughter married, baby to arrive nine months later - my infertile self watched her with mixed awe and jealousy. I think things started going downhill for her when Izzy's birth didn't go as planned and while I stopped following for awhile in there and don't know all the details it seems that very little has gone right for her since then. What can she even do with herself and her two little boys now, if Derick's off in Nepal (?) for the foreseeable future and she can't work?

Just now, singsingsing said:

If it's illegal to travel to Nepal to proselytize, could he possibly be in violation of GoFundMe's terms and conditions? Surely you're not allowed to fundraise for an illegal activity?

Proselytizing is illegal in Nepal, period. There are Christian schools and NGOs set up by missionaries there that are highly regarded, but they do not proselytize. Foreigners caught proselytizing are deported.

So yeah, Derick is raising funds to engage in illegal activity. You can protest that the law is unfair (there's an argument to be made there), but the law is the law. And when Derick and his ilk rail against "illegals", he really, really has no right to be doing what he's doing.

Oh WOW. Really glad he's off the TLC payroll...it just doesn't seem right to allow him to profit while disparaging another (and much more kind/likeable) of the network's stars. 

I can't possibly exaggerate how bad I feel for Jill. This is such a glaring example of why having breakup/divorce as an option in life is so vital. If Jill lived in the secular world, she could leave Derick, stay with family or friends while she established a life for herself, and eventually find love again with a kind man whose values are compatible with her own. Meanwhile, Derick could shack up with some hippie with an IUD who would worship the ground he walked on, travel the world, and start a cult with him (or whatever tf Derick's life goals are). Instead, Jill is effectively trapped with a psycho who CLEARLY cares nothing for her or their children's well being.

When they met, Jill was a naive, optimistic young woman who desperately craved emotional and physical intimacy (by her own admission). She thought she was doing everything right to please God, her parents, her future children, and herself. In reality, she was buying a first-class ticket on the fundie Titanic.

So it's *possible* that DD was let go from Walmart, from SOS and from TLC, one after the other? 

Total speculation here, based solely on the little we see from show and social media, but I wouldn't be surprised if this were some kind of mental health issue. 

Mental health problems can take some time - years -  to be properly diagnosed and treated, and in the meantime can devastate families, finances and careers. 

If it's a health issue I hope he gets help sooner rather than later.

If he's healthy but a jerk whose maturity was stifled by participation in a patriarchial religion, then oh well, it's never too late to grow up. 

21 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Why do you think he wants to go to Nepal? I thought he was just using an old picture. I think the $10,000 is just for living expenses during the Cross Church program. Also, doesn’t GoFundMe take a 6% fee? 

I'm also confused where people are getting that he's going to Nepal. Did he say that somewhere and I missed it? Or is it just based on the picture? Because I assumed the picture is just supposed to show evidence of his "missionary" experience.

13 minutes ago, meee said:

What can she even do with herself and her two little boys now, if Derick's off in Nepal (?) for the foreseeable future and she can't work?

She can move back to the TTH, or an "annex", and spend time with her family and friends.  I suspect that Jim Bob made it clear that he'll support Jill and the kids, if necessary, but not Derick.

A part of me hopes this will be a wake up call for Derick. But I doubt it will be, he seems unable to take a long, hard look at himself or his life.

2 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

I'm also confused where people are getting that he's going to Nepal. Did he say that somewhere and I missed it? Or is it just based on the picture? Because I assumed the picture is just supposed to show evidence of his "missionary" experience.

Great question. I could have sworn I saw the word 'Nepal' in the description of his fundraiser, but it seems I was hallucinating (or just inferring it from the discussion here)... So maybe he's going to Nepal, maybe not. Interesting that he chose to use a photo of him in Nepal and not in Central America, though. Maybe he doesn't even know where he's going yet?

3 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

A part of me hopes this will be a wake up call for Derick. But I doubt it will be, he seems unable to take a long, hard look at himself or his life.

I don't think it will be a wake up call for him.  He seems to go a little further off his rocker each day. Something is going on with him. He doesn't seem like the same person she met in Nepal.  I bet Jilly is just beside herself over this TLC thing. That was their main income and now it's gone. 

I don't think we'll see much of her, look how little we see of Anna now that Turd is back.  

He will never get a wake-up call that he would answer. He sees absolutely NOTHING wrong with what he says or does. When he's fired by SOS (and TLC?) he sees it simply as persecution for his Christian views.

Nobody and nothing could EVER "get through" to him. People picking at him and posting arguments to him just add fuel to his misguided "fire." He's completely brainwashed and has zero clue that he's a first-class dick.

Wow! I screamed when I saw this.

I think Derick quit Wal-Mart because he wanted to be a grifting "missionary". Remember he had a announcements to make in the season of "19 Kids" that never happened. I really think he loved the fame and admiration(and gifts) he got before the  scandals. I think the fallout hurt him the most because he was the most "normal" person in the family. 

I think the Dillards leaving the state's after the scandals was a bad idea. They could have learned something from the p.r. people that tried to help the Duggars. 

I too wonder about his mental health. I wonder if he  wrote that (infuriating) post about mental health because he was struggling with his.

I hate talking about his appearance, but he does look horrible. Have you seen the photos of him from that wedding in August? I was shocked.

It also seems like he is having problems with his brothers-in-law(Jeremy, Ben, and Austin). How does everyone else feel about him?

When his gofundme fails what will he do? 

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

He will never get a wake-up call that he would answer. He sees absolutely NOTHING wrong with what he says or does. When he's fired by SOS (and TLC?) he sees it simply as persecution for his Christian views.

Nobody and nothing could EVER "get through" to him. People picking at him and posting arguments to him just add fuel to his misguided "fire." He's completely brainwashed and has zero clue that he's a first-class dick.

He comes across as an ass. No other way I can put it. I expect his Twitter to be even worse.

Nowhere did TLC say they were not featuring Jill. I fully expect her to participate on the show, mostly as Dr. Jill, Medicine Woman, tending to Joy, but there will still be TLC $$ coming in. 

LMAO, Derelict has been living off his wife for the past few months. How emasculating is THAT, you fundie  prick? Derelict must be a total ass, knowing that he has to beg for his mission trips (others in his program are doing the same and set up GFMs with basically the same wording). 

I hope he doesn't get another dime, but the leghumpers, once they hear of this, will probably donate in droves because persekushun!!!!!!1111

I do have to wonder if Derrick and Jill aren't ultimately regretting their choices to rush into marriage and children? Derrick is clearly unhappy and he is lashing out at everyone and everything around him.  I do think if he does to to Nepal for a year it will be a good thing, he and Jill should have never married and he needs to remove himself from the shit show he's turned his life into.  Jill will never leave her cult and she can't divorce Derrick but he can divorce her and honestly that will be the best thing that can happen to all of them.  He is in no place emotionally to be a father or husband and he will punish them for his ineptitude.  I think if Derrick were to leave, Jillly would be embraced by the family and Derrick vilified. 

I don’t think this changes anything. TLC usually pays by family per person, there is one check and it is then split however. Of course Jill will still be on the show and make money regardless of whether Derick will be on the show. Jim Bob will make sure Jill gets a check. 

I don’t think Derick wants to be a real missionary, he just doesn’t seem to want to work and is looking for the easy way through life. His role as a missionary in CA seems like it could not have been easier. He doesn’t seem to want to be a real hardworking contributing missionary. 

What I find interesting is that the Duggars are part of this big fundy network where people have a large amount of guests at wedding yet Derick cannot get any of these people to financially contribute to his missionary dreams. 

Jim bob can’t be happy with Derick. He may hold the same hateful views but Jim Bob knows when to keep his mouth shut in order to make money for his family. Jill and her kids will always be ok, her family will always make sure they never go without. 

And yet again, people are supposed to donate to this 'cause' without knowing where he's going or what he's doing. Just some vague wording about a couple domestic mission trips and one international. Where? When? Why? And how are you going to be 'ministering' to the people in these unspecified places? Teaching, preaching, feeding, entertaining, training them how to use and abuse Twitter? 

So, picking a fight with Jazz was his way of acting out against TLC for him being cut from the show, I bet. His real problem probably is that Jazz still has a show, and he doesn't.

Nobody needs his help in saving them, and he shouldn't be begging funds for an illegal activity (if he is planning to go back to Nepal, as the picture on his GFM suggests). I wonder if he thinks he can get a reality show out of traveling the world "ministering" to the unwashed masses? 

What would happen if he just didn't come back, or didn't come back for years? I wonder what his end game is here.

Sorry if this has been posted, but Derick did reply to someone on Twitter about his newest attempt at a cash grab. 

He, of course, doesn't reply to people questioning why the public records on his and Jill's 301(c) haven't been filed yet.

It's interesting that the TLC announcement says Derick hasn't participated in filming for months. I wonder when that happened. Samuel's birth? The first twitter tantrum about Jazz? Joseph's wedding? 

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the TTH!

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

It's interesting that the TLC announcement says Derick hasn't participated in filming for months. I wonder when that happened. Samuel's birth? The first twitter tantrum about Jazz? Joseph's wedding? 

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the TTH!

I bet Boobs head spun around when he heard the news

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived