IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

There has to be something going on with their finances if Derrick is still looking to raise money again. He knew it looked bad last time and people got on him about it. It just occurred to me that the Duggars go on mission trips all the time and yet never raise money to pay for it. Although I am sure sometimes they get it for free, I doubt it’s every time and definitely no one is always paying for airfare which is likely the most expensive part of the trip.

Maybe they wasted their money somehow or their cut of Counting On was small. Although Derrick and Jill’s living expenses are low, maybe Derick spends money on gadgets or some type of technology that is eating up their money. Or, since we don’t know how much they raised for their time in CA, I wonder if they blew a lot of money on things like security or whatever else someone told Them they needed down there. 

Does the $10k go toward their living expenses as well or just for the traveling part? Is housing paid for separately? Is the “education” a separate cost from the traveling part of this program? If it’s all separate that could add up. 

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His reactions tell us nothing about Jazz, but all about him and it is stupid of him not to realize that. He is very frustrated and unhappy. And I am even guessing he feels not 'manly' enough, and that he is therefore picking on someone he considers to be 'even less manly'. I honestly would not be surprised if he secretly would like to have an affair with another woman or something like that.

I think his heart is full of struggles; fundie vs. wanting to be some sort of Dan Bilzerian alter ego. Derick Dillzerian lol.

According to the Cross Church page, the $6,400 (or somewhere around that number) is all inclusive.  Housing, trips, etc are all that price. The program is also very specific that spouses who are not enrolled cannot go on the "mission trips" nor are children permitted. (Though we saw Jill and Sam in DC with the Cross Church group, so maybe strings were pulled?) Maybe the extra $4K is to make sure Jill, Izzy and Sam can eat and pay the electric and phone bill while he's gone? I seriously doubt it though. 

54 minutes ago, socalrules said:

There has to be something going on with their finances if Derrick is still looking to raise money again. He knew it looked bad last time and people got on him about it. It just occurred to me that the Duggars go on mission trips all the time and yet never raise money to pay for it. Although I am sure sometimes they get it for free, I doubt it’s every time and definitely no one is always paying for airfare which is likely the most expensive part of the trip.

Maybe they wasted their money somehow or their cut of Counting On was small. Although Derrick and Jill’s living expenses are low, maybe Derick spends money on gadgets or some type of technology that is eating up their money. Or, since we don’t know how much they raised for their time in CA, I wonder if they blew a lot of money on things like security or whatever else someone told Them they needed down there. 

Does the $10k go toward their living expenses as well or just for the traveling part? Is housing paid for separately? Is the “education” a separate cost from the traveling part of this program? If it’s all separate that could add up. 

You know, we don't know what kind of medical insurance the Dillards carry, but if they stuck with the Duggar example, it's probably not great. They could have ended up paying a good chunk of Sam's birth costs out of pocket.  Even a smooth c section with no complications could eat pretty heavily into their savings/income, and it looked like Sam needed a bit of additional aid. 

If they paid a decent percentage  of that cost out of pocket, they may legitimately be operating on a tighter budget than they have been used to.

Depends, cuz if they are uninsured then the crazy bills stemming from Jill and Sam being in the hospital might be absorbed by Medicaid. If they are insured, especially through the ACA, they'd have killed the deductible pretty easily. But it’s hard knowing what their actual income is from TLC or if it's controlled through JimBob. And most people I think would agree, Derick could work within his accounting field and provide both income and insurance for his family. If he has the ability to work but chooses not to, or the TLC income is sufficient, why should anyone else pay for Jill's delivery?

Derick is such a fucking knob. If they are truly going through financial struggles, maybe the P.O.S should get an account job. He isn't turning anyone to Jesus, most likely it is the opposite. Jill, I am sorry that's your headship. 

(let's be real, Jill couldn't have found a more ideally smug husband)

2 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Derick is such a fucking knob. If they are truly going through financial struggles, maybe the P.O.S should get an account job. He isn't turning anyone to Jesus, most likely it is the opposite. 

I completely agree and this comment brings up a question for me. Is attempting to turn strangers to Jesus more important than supporting the wife and two children Jesus has given you? I don't personally believe in Jesus but If Derick is the kind of person that represents following Jesus...what a horrible endorsement for Jesus. Goodness gracious. 

My eyes. They just bleed when he continues to misgender Jazz all the time. He is not going to scare her back into the closet, if that is what he wants to accomplish. She's a great role model for trans teens (and everybody else as well) and positive visibility, like her show, is literally saving lives. I would be so proud if she were my kid, but if Derrick were, I'd be ashamed. 

(Now I'm younger than him so it's not possible for me to be his parent, but this is a hypothetical scenario. And Jazz is younger than me, but too old to be my kid. Also I don't have any kids, not even fur babies ;))

On 2017-11-10 at 8:53 AM, BecausePrayer said:

I find this really interesting because in my family & church community growing up, those reactions were "normal" and expected. Anytime people on tv would mention being gay or a kiss between people of the same sex occurred (even if it was an accident or not romantic in the context of the show) someone would make a gagging sound, dramatically cover their eyes, and talk about how homosexuality was awful and ruining our culture.  The same things happen when these things are seen in real life, just not as loudly. It is considered so normal that I often have to join in when at home because it would be seen so strangely if I didn't. My parents can buy me trying to be respectful when in public, but if I am only with them I have to force myself to react in that way because it is so common.

If it's not too much to ask for, would you consider stop joining them in their hatred? At least sometimes? Maybe just stay quiet? Granted I don't know anything about your family dynamics, I don't want you to be isolated or beaten down or anything, but still.

6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

You know, we don't know what kind of medical insurance the Dillards carry, but if they stuck with the Duggar example, it's probably not great. They could have ended up paying a good chunk of Sam's birth costs out of pocket.  Even a smooth c section with no complications could eat pretty heavily into their savings/income, and it looked like Sam needed a bit of additional aid. 

If they paid a decent percentage  of that cost out of pocket, they may legitimately be operating on a tighter budget than they have been used to.

Do they use Scamaritan, which decides if you're "worthy" enough to receive reimbursement for medical expenses? I could Scamaritan being shitty enough to not give them any money for Sam's birth for whatever reason.

I can't see them actually using the ACA because *gasp* OBAMACARE!

I can't decide if they're grifting just to grift or if those medical bills caught up to them. I still think TLC is the one distancing themselves a bit from them, and not the other way around. I don't think viewers have cared about the Dullards in a while. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I can't see them actually using the ACA because *gasp* OBAMACARE!

I can't decide if they're grifting just to grift or if those medical bills caught up to them. I still think TLC is the one distancing themselves a bit from them, and not the other way around. I don't think viewers have cared about the Dullards in a while. 

is it the wonderlust to go to nepal strong with him or what.  The grifting is beyond obvious

So I read on fb (gain of salt) that JB gave $2600 to his cause. I wonder if JB wants him out of the country and unable to tweet. He isn't helping to keep the cash cow milking. I wonder how angry Jessa will be if the show is canceled because of him. She is crafting her brand carefully these days.

2 minutes ago, Still have a free arm said:

So I read on fb (gain of salt) that JB gave $2600 to his cause. I wonder if JB wants him out of the country and unable to tweet. He isn't helping to keep the cash cow milking. I wonder how angry Jessa will be if the show is canceled because of him. She is crafting her brand carefully these days.

Realistically, TLC could just drop the Dullards and keep everyone else if they wanted. Unless he has some major scandal. 

I would rather see a show starring Jinger/Jess’s planting a church with their spouses.  I think the four are very charismatic and could be extremely successful planting a church and attracting millennials.  If they kept the premise family first and dropped going  after the LGBTQ community they could be quite successful.  The four of them are extremely good looking and can be quite charismatic.  

It will be interesting to see what the future holds for these 4.  They are the only interesting part of the he show. 

I CAN'T imagine I would ever be comfortable posting that on GoFundme.

GoFundmes are posted by friends or family who see a need from abrupt, unplanned emergencies or community fundraising not LAZINESS.  Things people I know when to GoFundme for:

A man dies after weeks in ICU and despite dual health insurance, his wife and two babies need assistance with funeral costs and getting on their feet. 

A high school student raising $1000 for refugees to learn English for a senior project. 

A student is murdered in cold blood, so fellow students run a GoFundme for his family to transport his body home and help pay for the funeral.  

A mom with two kids is left abruptly by mom #2 and needs help so can stay in her home during the divorce. 

GoFundme is a band-aid, it's not an income source, it's not long term support, not even for the MOST deserving.   

56 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

I would rather see a show starring Jinger/Jess’s planting a church with their spouses.  I think the four are very charismatic and could be extremely successful planting a church and attracting millennials.  ...... The four of them are extremely good looking and can be quite charismatic.  

It will be interesting to see what the future holds for these 4.  They are the only interesting part of the he show. 

I think you raise an excellent point, although Jinger is currently not nearly as a part of the show as she could be.

I think whoever chose the name for this group way back when chose well.  Outwardly, Jinger now appears to have changed the most.  She moved far away from the tinker toy house, showing up only for the usual family obligation stuff.   A girl forced into frumpers is now (albeit looking a little uncomfortable) in jeans.  She's been married a year and, horror of all horrors, no blessings.  

This could all be headship stuff, no question.  Jeremy doesn't agree with JB's ways and he's deprogramming Jinger and reprogramming her to his way.

But maybe Jinger is playing a large part in all this.  Maybe long ago she heard the phrase "Free Jinger!" and liked the sound of it.  She didn't have an easy childhood and during it she was forced on camera from early adolescence on.  Maybe she'd like to process or work on some stuff before she considers having children of her own. 

If so, I'm interested in knowing more about her journey, TLC.  You can stuff your endless, boring rehashes  of courtships and redundant weddings.  I can see babies live and in person when I want.   I'm interested in Jinger, though.  Assuming she has any interest in sharing.

I wonder if Derick and Josh get along--- specifically, I'm referring to the fact that Josh used to tweet like this all  the time, when he had a twitter. Most of his tweets were political though.

I'm torn on this, but since Derdick is getting more idiotic and infuriating day by day, I kind of wish he'll have a huge scandal (maybe concerning the funds he has grifted) that will end his "public career" and shame him in a major way. On the other hand, as much as I don't like Jill, I don't wish her or her innocent boys any more unhappiness.

18 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I think you raise an excellent point, although Jinger is currently not nearly as a part of the show as she could be.

I think whoever chose the name for this group way back when chose well.  Outwardly, Jinger now appears to have changed the most.  She moved far away from the tinker toy house, showing up only for the usual family obligation stuff.   A girl forced into frumpers is now (albeit looking a little uncomfortable) in jeans.  She's been married a year and, horror of all horrors, no blessings.  

This could all be headship stuff, no question.  Jeremy doesn't agree with JB's ways and he's deprogramming Jinger and reprogramming her to his way.

But maybe Jinger is playing a large part in all this.  Maybe long ago she heard the phrase "Free Jinger!" and liked the sound of it.  She didn't have an easy childhood and during it she was forced on camera from early adolescence on.  Maybe she'd like to process or work on some stuff before she considers having children of her own. 

If so, I'm interested in knowing more about her journey, TLC.  You can stuff your endless, boring rehashes  of courtships and redundant weddings.  I can see babies live and in person when I want.   I'm interested in Jinger, though.  Assuming she has any interest in sharing.

Agreed.  The girls never got to be girls or teens or live and not be responsible for another human being.  Jessa & Jinger seemed to lean on each other growing up to survive in Duggarville.  It also seems the two are most likely to make different choices about how they raise their children versus how they were brought up.  I always felt,sorry for the two of them.  They were basically very young teen moms to children they did not give birth to.   

11 hours ago, socalrules said:

There has to be something going on with their finances if Derrick is still looking to raise money again.

Maybe the IRS is finally on their asses. 

3 hours ago, nst said:

is it the wonderlust to go to nepal strong with him or what.  The grifting is beyond obvious

How will they spin Nepal to be a DAYNJERUUZZZZZZZZZ place full of scary dangers? Will they pretend the Maoist insurgency is still a thing? Will they make really weird bullshit claims about Hinduism/specifically veneration of Kali? Will Derick go full Shrader and start speaking with an exaggerated "Indian" accent (after he tried to use South Asian kinship terminology in some post about Joy and Austin's wedding, I'm convinced he'd start pulling this kind of shit)? Will Jill sit in the house all day terrified of all the brown people?

55 minutes ago, nst said:

Derick is sprouting nonsense and people.com picked it up.

he is killing the brand. He thinks brains don't grow fully till you turn 25

http://people.com/tv/derick-dillard-says-jazz-jennings-is-being-taken-advantage-of-and-that-he-pities-her/

Why did People use an old photo of him instead of showing the creepy meth head looking fucker he's turned into? :pb_lol: 

Wait...how does a married man traveling alone, for what must be some extended time, dovetail with the Duggars' beliefs that woman are the temptation, and Nike and Accountability Buddies, and what if Derick needs more than "a sandwich"?  Who will righteously fulfill his needs? What about Jill, will she move into the TTH for full accountability requirements?

I can't believe that JB supports this at all-

I can't believe that Derick is pushing for this either. 

Jill must really be fretting over this.

I've just been told I won't get my university fees paid for me, did I start a go fund me no. I asked my boss for extra hours and I'll budget so I'll get the money paid in full. It was unfortunate but I got refused it due to me dropping out courses years ago. On a positive note it means less debt when I graduate.

Derick has a degree and has appeared on a TV show he has the means to make money to support Jill and his sons but he doesn't want to. He shouldn't be asking for handouts.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived