IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, nickelodeon said:

Is it possible that TLC didn't dump Derick, but rather Derick felt "convicted" to stop working for a worldly network like TLC that runs shows about trans children and unwed mothers - sort of like how we've seen fundie men quit a job for playing secular music in the office?

I just can't imagine that TLC would start cracking down on Duggar bigotry now. Plus it's hard to believe that the Duggars, who seem like the sort to defend Kim Davis and other people who ~*~take a stand for their beliefs~*~ in the workplace, would take Derick being fired lying down.

I'm wondering if TLC just decided to stop showing him because they realized how unpopular he was becoming. I basically never give TLC props for anything and always assume that they're acting from a purely self-interested motive. I could kind of see them breaking it to the Dillards that they weren't going to be filming Samuel's birth, or it became obvious that they were trying to greatly reduce Derick's role, and Derick getting pissed off and going off the rails. I just feel like he's too much of a hypocrite to actually take a principled stand against TLC by quitting the show and thus eliminating that pay cheque, but who knows.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not *fully* caught up on this thread, but saw the news and popped to the last page. 

@nickelodeon If it impacts TLC's bottom line (or the production company that does both the Duggar and Jazz show), I can see the Duggars understanding that Jazz's show has advertisers while they don't and not want to jeopardize their own incomes over it. Sacrifice one to save the herd, so to speak. Let Derick go off the rails, create a reset scenario the way they did when Counting On rebooted after the Josh scandal and boost ratings. Show siblings tearing up at the persecution Derick has gotten, or vaguely talk about troubling things, etc. 

The Duggars have clearly distanced themselves on a public and brand level from him, no promotion of his grifting attempts, plenty of promotion for Jinger and Jeremy's charity fundraising, ALERT, this new Christian movie coming out etc. 

I'm glad TLC took a step and a stance, do I think it will change the minds of those that share his beliefs? No. Do I think it has the potential to impact those that aren't aware of how much hatred he's spewed/ the inappropriateness of a grown man focusing on a minor? I certainly hope so. 

I am sick and tired of these self-righteous assholes. If you don't agree with someone, STFU. Is it really that hard? 

Derdick is a piece of shit...he needs to get a fucking job, STFU and support his family. You know, just like the rest of us poor slobs. If my old, injured ass can not only work at a sit-down job, but go lend a hand in the shop if need be. I ain't proud. I might be the alleged "head" of our 1 woman engineering department...but I'll go help the guys in the shop if need be. Derdick can go do the same fucking thing. Hell, I'd hire his ass right now for the shop...12 bucks an hour to start. If he's good and takes charge, he'll get nice raises. But...I don't see that happening. He's a lazy piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck about his wife or kids. 

3 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I knew something was up with Derick once he started with the Jazz nonsense.

It will be interesting to see what happens now that he's officially off of the show.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear the show is cancelled either.

I bet Derick will forever be the least favorite in-law if he's the one who gets their last gravy train cancelled!! They have to love Josh because they made him, but Derick's an outsider. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

3 minutes ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

Derick's twitter is down.

Is it? I noticed late last night he changed his name a little. Instead of 4jesus, there's a m now. 

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Maybe she asked Jinger for fashion advice? Or maybe they are trying to divert attention from Derick not being on the show?

LOL I love the idea of "uh oh Derick's sinking our ship with his insane transphobia, quick, Jill put on some pants and go out in public!!"

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I am sick and tired of these self-righteous assholes. If you don't agree with someone, STFU. Is it really that hard? 

Derdick is a piece of shit...he needs to get a fucking job, STFU and support his family. You know, just like the rest of us poor slobs. If my old, injured ass can not only work at a sit-down job, but go lend a hand in the shop if need be. I ain't proud. I might be the alleged "head" of our 1 woman engineering department...but I'll go help the guys in the shop if need be. Derdick can go do the same fucking thing. Hell, I'd hire his ass right now for the shop...12 bucks an hour to start. If he's good and takes charge, he'll get nice raises. But...I don't see that happening. He's a lazy piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck about his wife or kids. 

He really comes across as lazy and very entitled. To add transphobic to that...not quite the catch now.  

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

LOL I love the idea of "uh oh Derick's sinking our ship with his insane transphobia, quick, Jill put on some pants and go out in public!!"

How on Earth does their minds work? On second thought, I really don't want to know. 

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

TLC dropped 19KAC because of Josh. It then brought back the repackaged/renamed show as Counting On with out Smugar, JB and MeMeMechelle.

Now it is dropping Derick to show their support of Jazz. This begs (ironic choice of words when talking about Dertwit) the question:  Why does TLC continue to keep this family, any part of this family, on the payroll?  

They can pat themselves on the back all they want for booting the Dullards, it still does not pass the smell test for me.  Having any member of that family on the air promotes the Duggar message of hate and intolerance.

They want to wring the last few pennies out of the viewers left, then they'll ditch them. TV is just about profits.

6 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Is it? I noticed late last night he changed his name a little. Instead of 4jesus, there's a m now. 

Ok, you're right, thanks!

The notice says he hasn't been on the show in months and that there are no plans for him to be on the show in the future. This does not mean that he is fired. It's word smithing, IMO. He'll be on the show, without major planning.

And Jill in pants, wow!

1 hour ago, amandaaries said:

Jill in pants -- wonder if it has anything to do with the overwhelmingly positive response to Jinger's pants and an attempt to send a chiller, more egalitarian vibe via social media cues.  

it doesn't anymore whether Jill is in pants.  Her husband has left the show.  She will appear in random scenes just to get paid.   Jill can wear pants for the rest of her life.....her husband didn't toe the line and her life is never the same.  The real question now is whether now that Derick has dropped TLC or TLC dropped him, will he become  the piranha we know he is.  Will that even reflect on the show. 

Jessa will now toe the line to the end - to the end !!!

So, what I find odd is his selection of the picture he is using for his begging. 

You would think such a godly man would show a picture of his family, or a picture of him doing some sort of outreach to those in need, instead of just a picture of him hiking in Nepal.  That picture has nothing in it that looks like missionary work. 

He might have gotten more donors if he had featured his family. 

7 minutes ago, calimojo said:

So, what I find odd is his selection of the picture he is using for his begging. 

You would think such a godly man would show a picture of his family, or a picture of him doing some sort of outreach to those in need, instead of just a picture of him hiking in Nepal.  That picture has nothing in it that looks like missionary work. 

He might have gotten more donors if he had featured his family. 

Especially as his ONLY selling point is being married to a Duggar daughter - if it wasn’t for Jill nobody would know or care who he was.

Not sure what to think, in terms of Derick and the show.  If Jill continues to make appearances, then that switches the power structure of their relationship to her being the breadwinner.  And, I can't help but think that this whole thing pisses off JB.  His favorite daughter has lost favor with the fans, largely because of her idiot husband.  The fact that JB pushed this relationship makes it even more interesting.  JB doesn't seem able to admit to making mistakes or gaining insight.  But at this point in time,  his hand picked Hubby for Jill seems to be a bust.  I mean, Jill and Derick may still be very happy, and she may think he is her dreamboat.  But in terms of the family Brand, Derick has been an anchor, dragging things down for awhile.  The tide started to turn with the cat incident and has been a downward spiral since then.  

If Derick is unhappy with TLC, I wonder if he will allow to Jill to continue, or if he will encourage it so they have an income source. 

I wonder if this also explains why it seemed like the Season was cut short.  They seemed to jump from like the 6th episode to episode 13 and then stopped.  Perhaps Derick and Jill were more heavily featured in the other episodes and they opted to just not show them rather than go through the trouble of re-editing them. 

So, my thoughts, because it's been a while, new job and what not.  D Wreck needs to grow up. I used to do mission work. I loved it. Every summer from May to October I would go do outreach in third world surroundings. No preaching, only hard work and love.  I loved it beyond words. I went on my last trip when I was pregnant with my first born. We had decided that it was too dangerous for me to mission with the kids and it was time to grow up and be a mom. 

I know what it is like to want to get out there and do it again, but ffs as a grown up, you have to pull up your grown up pants and work, support your life, and let the younger ones do the mission work D Wreck. It will be okay. You have kids. Take them missioning when they are teenagers, but for now, stay home and make an adult of yourself, ffs. 

As far as Jill in pants.... meh. In some weird way I feel like this is one of those, look at me, being just like you, love me, sort of deals and I am not really impressed.  Now get Michelle in pants again, and we will talk. 

As for TLC. They can't be profiting much from this side show anymore. It's always the same old thing, and it's boring. Show the kidults doing some of their diy things, and maybe you can remarket the show again, but honestly, it's time to let it die. This is from someone who has snarked for years. I love the snarking and will miss it when the show is off, but its time to let go. 

Okay so I am going to stop here, because my thoughts are getting to my theories of why D Wreck was dropped and they go above and beyond weird, so yeah. Derick, I know you read this. Grow up doll. You'll be okay. Jill, if you want extreme comfort, black leggings and a hoodie.  Free Jinger, Thank you for allowing me to snark with minimal downvotes. 

21 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I also find it odd that a Fundie husband thinks it is ok to go away for a 12 month "missionary residency" or WTH he called it and leave his wife and two small kids behind.   Selfish much?

Me thinks DirtyJesus has had enough of his in laws and wants to go do what he was doing before he inserted himself into their lives.  

2 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I also find it odd that a Fundie husband thinks it is ok to go away for a 12 month "missionary residency" or WTH he called it and leave his wife and two small kids behind.   Selfish much?

Me thinks DirtyJesus has had enough of his in laws and wants to go do what he was doing before he inserted himself into their lives.  

I think at this point JB just wants him gone and for him to be back in 18 months to impregnate Jill again.  Jill will just hang at the TTH  and be done with it. She will be the martyr in this situation - I see it. 

4 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

The Bates' skied with skirts over their pants? That is massively stupid/irresponsible. Please tell me it wasn't a maxi skirt.

skiis.thumb.jpg.743a769169d4e740c94b1e192047aed8.jpg

1 minute ago, SadieJane said:

This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen all day, and I work with crazy people.

Well...at least their knees aren't constrained. :pb_lol: I personally prefer full leg movement/flexibility whilst skiing. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived