IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I sort of feel for Jill, and yes I know she is an adult and a mother, and responsible for two little boys. But still, all of her options now are...not that great;

- staying with Derick

- Derick leaving her/separating from him, and her probably ending up being treated unkindly or differently by the fundie community because of her failed marriage, 'damaged goods', etc. 

- leaving the cult and breaking with her family, without a proper education/job (which will never happen ofcourse) 

I do feel a bit sorry for her honestly.

The only way Jill would divorce Derrick is that if it was Jim-Bob’s idea.  I always had the feeling that JB was very protective of Jill and she is one of his favorites, along with John-David and  Joy.  

JB would only push her to get a divorce if it involved Jill’s safety.  Derrick has blown a gasket.  How far he goes into Wonderland is anybodies guess.

JB got them set up in a house and got Derrick a job to help Jill in the best way he knew how.   I have no idea what straw will break JB’s back but I think we will so I find out. 

With regard to the one year sepearation:  That is the standard in Maryland.  I think it stems from it being a state that is very pro-catholic.

I would be sick if my daughter was married to a Derrick type.  I don’t know what I would do.  JB is lucky that he has the financial resources to help as much as he has.  Not many parents of adult children are that lucky to assist financially when they see their adult child unhappy in a miserable marriage.  

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I sort of feel for Jill, and yes I know she is an adult and a mother, and responsible for two little boys. 

I feel sorry for Jill as well. She was primed her entire life that "the one" would come along and sweep her off her feet and she'd live happily ever after as a wife and mother. Jill also had zero experience in the dating world, which would have taught her what she liked and didn't--and what red flags to look out for. She was also taught that her father was the end-all, be-all, and not to question his authority. So it's understandable that she fell hard and fast for this guy who her dad suggested was great. I remember that she said she was in love with him before they even met, which suggests to me she was more in love with the *idea* of him. Most likely, any Godly young man would have done, because she was focused on the fairy tale and not deciding if this was a mentally stable guy who would keep a job and not troll around on Twitter all day. 

I can't see JB pushing for a divorce ever. They'd ship dWRECK off to Jesus camp for reprogramming before they allow that.

I think it's really important to emphasize that we don't know that Jill is unhappy with Derick, let alone miserable. She may be thrilled. She may go to sleep at night wondering how she got so lucky. We don't know what Jim Bob's thinking, either. He may be patting Derick on the back. Jim Bob's an idiot, but you can bet your bottom dollar he has a plan to keep the gravy train rolling should TLC ever decide to pull the plug. Like others have said, most of the Duggars believe everything that Derick spouts, it's just that Derick spouts it very publicly and obnoxiously. They may not be thrilled about the bad PR, but they may also be giving him props for 'speaking the truth' and 'defending his faith'.

Where is the Jderick and Jill divorce talk coming from? I’m very doubtful Jill holds a different view on Jazz and transgender or gender fluid individuals than Jderick. And missionary work is what these people do, she’s probably proud of him for setting this example for their sons, or whatever.

15 hours ago, Jaeniduggar said:

Finally. It's unfortunate, that he wasn't fired, but at least something!cc43e6acc193ee1a2e8d024ac88b8b36.jpg

Uh oh - I bet there is a big COME TO JIMBOB meeting happening at the Duggar compound.   

40 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Uh oh - I bet there is a big COME TO JIMBOB meeting happening at the Duggar compound.   

Step number one towards divorce court.  Derrick is not blood and don’t ever forget it.  Derrick’s crude behavior will be viewed much differently than Josh, who is their first born and blood.

11 hours ago, calimojo said:

Not sure what to think, in terms of Derick and the show.  If Jill continues to make appearances, then that switches the power structure of their relationship to her being the breadwinner.  And, I can't help but think that this whole thing pisses off JB.  His favorite daughter has lost favor with the fans, largely because of her idiot husband.  The fact that JB pushed this relationship makes it even more interesting.  JB doesn't seem able to admit to making mistakes or gaining insight.  But at this point in time,  his hand picked Hubby for Jill seems to be a bust.  I mean, Jill and Derick may still be very happy, and she may think he is her dreamboat.  But in terms of the family Brand, Derick has been an anchor, dragging things down for awhile.  The tide started to turn with the cat incident and has been a downward spiral since then.  

If Derick is unhappy with TLC, I wonder if he will allow to Jill to continue, or if he will encourage it so they have an income source. 

I wonder if this also explains why it seemed like the Season was cut short.  They seemed to jump from like the 6th episode to episode 13 and then stopped.  Perhaps Derick and Jill were more heavily featured in the other episodes and they opted to just not show them rather than go through the trouble of re-editing them. 

I agree DD presents as half-assing it. If he doesn't support the show and the other shows on the network that employs his family, he needs to move on to another job and industry that actually pays him enough to support his family. Or Jill needs to get a job too. Or they need to move to where he can find a self supporting job. Refusing to follow the rules of a job and refusing to get another self supporting job is not how a man, any man, let alone a man who claims to living for Him conducts himself. Grifting is not a job, nor is it Godly.  Playcations on someone else's dime are not considered jobs.

Make an adult choice, Derick. You have a family to support! It is your sole responsibility in the hierarchy that you support and bought into.

I agree that the speculation as to whether Jillymuffy is happy or not is just that - speculation.  My own gut feeling is that she is probably disappointed but I do think she loves him.

As for Derick - I strongly suspect his objections to transgender people might go deeper than just Bible thumping talk.  Who knows?  He could be a closet gay and finds the idea of a female appearance with the male anatomy very tempting.  The more he goes on about this, the more I think it.  Hey Derick - perhaps you shouldn't be so vocal about it.  When fundy men keep spouting off about "sexual deviants" the more likely they ARE what they protest. 
:boom:

21 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Step number one towards divorce court.  Derrick is not blood and don’t ever forget it.  Derrick’s crude behavior will be viewed much differently than Josh, who is their first born and blood.

Derick's crude behaviour is in a completely different category than Josh's. Josh broke several of his own religion's commandments. He lied to the entire world, including his own wife and family. He was quite literally leading a double life, and going against everything the Duggars stood for.

Derick is posting things which are offensive to many people on Twitter, but which are not offensive to the majority of his family and friends, including the Duggars and his church. He's pursuing a career in ministry, which is something the Duggars have encouraged and lauded for a long time. He's bringing them some bad PR, but he's not saying or doing anything that most of them don't wholeheartedly approve of. He's done absolutely nothing (that we know of) that would even remotely inspire Jim Bob to push for them to divorce. If anything Jim Bob is probably proud of his son-in-law and thinks it's just a shame that TLC has to cater to those damn dirt libruls.

14 minutes ago, Bajovane said:

I agree that the speculation as to whether Jillymuffy is happy or not is just that - speculation.  My own gut feeling is that she is probably disappointed but I do think she loves him.

As for Derick - I strongly suspect his objections to transgender people might go deeper than just Bible thumping talk.  Who knows?  He could be a closet gay and finds the idea of a female appearance with the male anatomy very tempting.  The more he goes on about this, the more I think it.  Hey Derick - perhaps you shouldn't be so vocal about it.  When fundy men keep spouting off about "sexual deviants" the more likely they ARE what they protest. 
:boom:

Fundamentalism is full of people who object to other people's sexuality and gender identification, as well as how others choose to live their lives.  I don't think that's indicative of them being gay.  Just asshats.

I mildly wonder if TLC offered the opportunity for a "special episode" with Dumbass and Jazz to help open his eyes. I don't see him accepting though, and that would be a pretty horrible thing to subject a lovely person like Jazz to.

Jim Bob must realize that he can't control his sons-in-laws. He can't control Derick. He certainly can't control Jeremy.

He may have a small amount of control of Ben, because he is young and malleable, plus Ben works for him, which sets up another power dynamic.

Austin......well the jury it out. He is young, but he makes his own money and has purchased his own house. Austin has his own father that he respects and listens to his advice.

He can easily control Joseph, but Joseph seems to want to please his wife (rightfully so). Speaking of Joseph and Kendra, I bet they have no desire to get social media pages. Kendra was probably hurt when online news articles discussed her father's beliefs about gays. She loves her daddy, she's a daddy's girl and she has seen how "mean" the internet is. Joseph could look at the situation with Derick and see that it's best not to have social media.  I don't know. Perhaps they have private accounts?

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think it's really important to emphasize that we don't know that Jill is unhappy with Derick, let alone miserable. She may be thrilled. She may go to sleep at night wondering how she got so lucky. We don't know what Jim Bob's thinking, either. He may be patting Derick on the back.

This.  I haven't seen any indication that Jill would ever want to leave Derick.  

6 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

He may have a small amount of control of Ben, because he is young and malleable, plus Ben works for him, which sets up another power dynamic.

Ben hasn't worked for JB in a long time. Last time i knew, he was working as an intern on a church, or something, i don't quite remember, but of all the sons in law, i think Ben is the one JB has the least influence.

Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

Ben hasn't worked for JB in a long time. Last time i knew, he was working as an intern on a church, or something, i don't quite remember, but of all the sons in law, i think Ben is the one JB has the least influence.

We actually don't know what exactly Ben is doing. Last I heard he was still pursuing his ministry studies and was interning at a church, but the internship is probably not his job. He works doing something, and I think it's a pretty safe bet that he does still work for Jim Bob, but we don't know for sure.

I think Ben has a backbone and has shown in the past that he's not afraid to assert his own beliefs and take a stance that might put him at odds with those around him. I would love to see Jessa and Ben completely independent from Jim Bob. They're both capable of doing it, but I honestly think Ben is shooting himself in the foot by going after a career in ministry.

37 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Jim Bob Jennings huh? :roll:

Nothing to see here.  Move along..move along. Nothing to see. :my_cool:

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

We actually don't know what exactly Ben is doing. Last I heard he was still pursuing his ministry studies and was interning at a church, but the internship is probably not his job. He works doing something, and I think it's a pretty safe bet that he does still work for Jim Bob, but we don't know for sure.

I think Ben has a backbone and has shown in the past that he's not afraid to assert his own beliefs and take a stance that might put him at odds with those around him. I would love to see Jessa and Ben completely independent from Jim Bob. They're both capable of doing it, but I honestly think Ben is shooting himself in the foot by going after a career in ministry.

I aways thought a relocation back to where Ben's family lives would be a great option for the Seewalds. Ben could start his own business, tandem with his dad or go back to the insurance business. I think distance from Duggarville would do this young couple wonders.

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I aways thought a relocation back to where Ben's family lives would be a great option for the Seewalds. Ben could start his own business, tandem with his dad or go back to the insurance business. I think distance from Duggarville would do this young couple wonders.

But Jessa would lose all her built in babysitters. She won't give that up. No way. 

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But Jessa would lose all her built in babysitters. She won't give that up. No way. 

Hmm, I'm not so sure. Ben's mother is super young and would probably be happy to babysit the kids. I think Ben also has some teenaged sisters still living at home, and I'm sure they could be roped into childcare duties, too.

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Ben’s family moved didn’t they? Are they closer to Ben and Jessa now or no?

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Hmm, I'm not so sure. Ben's mother is super young and would probably be happy to babysit the kids. I think Ben also has some teenaged sisters still living at home, and I'm sure they could be roped into childcare duties, too.

They could but are they as reliable as just going to the TTH all day long and having the kids entertained by aunts uncles and cousins? Jessa seems to spend a lot of time at the TTH and I think she would miss it. 

58 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I mildly wonder if TLC offered the opportunity for a "special episode" with Dumbass and Jazz to help open his eyes. I don't see him accepting though, and that would be a pretty horrible thing to subject a lovely person like Jazz to.

I feel like Jazz could hold her own. I don't see Derick agreeing to it, though. Even he would know he'd come out looking like an ass. 

Hahahah Derick! That has to sting. I do feel bad for Jill, she may not be miserable but it sure isn't the life that she had planned. It's hard to have your dreams crushed. Derick, I don't feel bad for at all. He made those comments knowing full well that there would be backlash. He's an ass. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived