IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Exactly. Did he self-police himself and shut it down? 

eta: He changed his handle. 

https://twitter.com/derickmdillard

Did someone tell him that tweeting a lot of homophobic/transphobic shit under the handle "Derick4Him" didn't exactly dispel the "he's projecting" theory?

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Derick is going after Jazz again! What is his deal??!

He is a coward.  If he picked a fight on Twitter with someone like TS Madison or Sharon Needles he would get his dumb, sanctimonious, arrogant ass handed to him on the proverbial silver platter.

6 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

He is a coward.  If he picked a fight on Twitter with someone like TS Madison or Sharon Needles he would get his dumb, sanctimonious, arrogant ass handed to him on the proverbial silver platter.

I hope for JK Rowling! She has the best put-downs!

12 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

I hope for JK Rowling! She has the best put-downs!

She does - but he wouldn't even go there. Because she writes about witchcraft and wizardry and magick and it's all bad, bad stuff that he's terrified of.

2 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Almost all of these fundie men are extremely lazy. Apart from some of the Bates boys, the rest are basically totally useless.

I think much of the problem is that you can’t be an old school patriarch and have a 9-5 job or even a life outside of “ministry.” Certainly in the Gothardite iteration of patriarchy, there seems to be an underlying assumption that dad is just hanging around the house all day being the “priest” of his family (ie micromanaging everyone’s lives). Fundie men like Steve Maxwell and Gil Bates who once had regular jobs quit them so they wouldn’t have to leave home. I think this is why so many people found ATI so punishing because it doesn’t allow for any kind of life or identity outside of the patriarchal family unit. No hobbies, no secular books or movies, no friends, and no membership in clubs or teams. Plus with these “family ministries” the assumption seems to be that the unwashed public is being “blessed” by the mere presence of these godly, patriarchal families, which leads to delusions of grandeur.

I really wonder if Counting On has been cancelled.  I can't believe the production company that produces it, and the show about Jazz, would not have an issue with Derick constantly bring up Jazz in a derogatory manner and be telling him to STFU about it.

4 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Derick talks about the importance of "having a mature conversation" but doesn't even have tha decency to use Jazz's correct pronouns. If he truly respected her as a person, he would not go out of his way to deliberately misgender her. That kind of behaviour is very damaging to trans folk. 

I'm so tired of the fake-sweet, passive-aggressive "I love everyone" crap. He's attacking her on purpose and spinning it as his own harmless opinion, when it's not.

D-wreck is an asshole. A harmful, ignorant asshole.

Can someone post Derricks tweet about Jazz? I don't see it on the link and I am probably the only "millennial" i know that doesn't know how to twitter. 

8 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

He seems overly active on social media for a person with 2 kids and a supposed full time job. 

I mean, I think the president seems overly active on social media for a person running a freaking country, but what do I know!

Derick, you don't get to have a conversation critical of anyone else's sexuality. Focus on the two by four in your own eye instead of the toothpick in that of another person. Smug fundies and the culture wars they are always fighting get on my damn nerves. 

36 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Can someone post Derricks tweet about Jazz? I don't see it on the link and I am probably the only "millennial" i know that doesn't know how to twitter. 

You have to look under "Tweets and Replies," because his most recent ones about Jazz are replies to people.

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

I can't believe the production company that produces it, and the show about Jazz, would not have an issue with Derick constantly bring up Jazz in a derogatory manner and be telling him to STFU about it.

It might not necessarily have a negative effect on the ratings of either show, though.

Jazz is being taken advantage of, as part of a larger agenda.

Oh, noes!  The gay, librul agenda strikes again!

Maybe you should boycott TLC, Pistol Pete.

39 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

ugh, that pronoun use makes me SO ANGRY. What a JERK Derick is.

Derick probably thinks he’s just “telling it like it is” when he misgenders Jazz on purpose, yet when people on the other side of the political spectrum “tell it like it is” to him, he cries persecution.

The whole thing made me mad, but the whole misgender issue REALLY got me pissed off.  And I'm done with the whole "woah wait we need to listen to the hateful troll asshole opinion that isn't rooted in fact".

Also, he's literally making his kids believe in a religion they don't have a choice in.

Why is he so obsessed with Jazz? How, and why,did he become a troll? I wonder if Derick thinks he going to become famous among conservative? The election did this to some "moderate" conservatives. I still believe he has been told to stop. Does he really not care about losing his, and his wife's family, only source of income? This is so strange. His hate tweets have cost him donations, gotten bad press and most of the replies disagree with him. Why is he doing this?

23 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

You hate seeing kids being used as part of an agenda? Dude, look at your life, look at your in-laws.

Cough Josie Cough. Mmm what's that tickle in my throat? 

Does Derick think that misgendering Jazz will bother her? I am sure that she hears much worst in the run of a day. It just proves him to be a bigoted asshole. Derick needs to grow up and stop picking on kids. 

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

ugh, that pronoun use makes me SO ANGRY. What a JERK Derick is.

AND he used it twice. Just to hit his point home. He's such a piece of shit. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived