IGNORED

Sierra - Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries

samurai_sarah

I can't believe people had the audacity to tell Sierra to her face that she looks old. What kind of human being does that? OTOH, I am sure there are people who don't think "She looks nearly 40" and rather "She has too many children to be in her 20s", to be honest. It is really not THAT presumptuous of the ignorant garden variety citizen to assume that a mother of six is probably well in her 30s. I, too, was surprised she was only in her 20s given that she already had so many children when she planned Jessa's wedding. I also just recently learned about her past of sexual abuse and I feel very sorry for her. If she feels her trauma has aged her physically, then that is especially sad. 

She seems like she's found something to hold on to in fundamental Christianity. She appears to be striving for a fun and creative home, though, and she's quite a bit more innovative than the Duggars.

Sierra never fails to amuse me with Jesus sauce dipped husbands, glass shard cupcakes and melted root beer floats, but at least she's trying. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Sierra never fails to amuse me with Jesus sauce dipped husbands, glass shard cupcakes and melted root beer floats, but at least she's trying. 

:huh: 

I'm scared.

She likes to say cutesy stuff like "my bestest friend ever is such a funny bunny deep fried in faith and dipped in Jesus sauce!" 

It's weird and makes me think her husband is an asshole in real life. 

54 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

She likes to say cutesy stuff like "my bestest friend ever is such a funny bunny deep fried in faith and dipped in Jesus sauce!" 

Ew

On 2018-01-12 at 9:25 PM, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

All those kangaroos hopping around Vienna

The woman at the postoffice confused Australia and Austria once when we were sending a package to Mr Ways family. I was a bit worried about her because it really sounded like she had never heard about Australia at all when I corrected her.

Being from Sweden I’m used to confusion though. (We are not the ones with the alps, the banks, the watches and the chocolate.) I fondly remember when we met a couple from Switzerland while travelling and we bonded over how often our countries were confused. It was nice to hear it goes both ways. 

26 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

The woman at the postoffice confused Australia and Austria once when we were sending a package to Mr Ways family. I was a bit worried about her because it really sounded like she had never heard about Australia at all when I corrected her.

Being from Sweden I’m used to confusion though. (We are not the ones with the alps, the banks, the watches and the chocolate.) I fondly remember when we met a couple from Switzerland while travelling and we bonded over how often our countries were confused. It was nice to hear it goes both ways. 

Whaaaaat? I've never heard about anyone confusing Switzerland and Sweden! But I'm European, so maybe it's a little easier for me... Anyways, I visited Sweden once, ate the best potato casserole in my life! Yay to Swedish cuisine!

23 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Whaaaaat? I've never heard about anyone confusing Switzerland and Sweden! But I'm European, so maybe it's a little easier for me... Anyways, I visited Sweden once, ate the best potato casserole in my life! Yay to Swedish cuisine!

No I don’t think I’ve met many confused Europeans. We were travelling in Asia. And to be fair, most of them probably wouldn’t have been confused if we had spoken their language. :)

Still find it more forgivable then the Australia - Austria confusion though. At least we are both in Europe. 

Mmmm potato casserole. Not that we are known for our faboulous cuisine, but somethings we do right. 

13 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

There are US states that people mix up all the time. I live in one. It's one of the states in the meme under the spoiler. :wink-kitty:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170913-091039.thumb.jpg.a26cec887eae4427f569aabaa3a70a33.jpg

At least no one thinks my state is outside the US. I've heard so many stories of people who live in New Mexico having to convince people that it's part of the United States. It's always sounded really frustrating. 

15 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

It's weird and makes me think her husband is an asshole in real life. 

He was a super judgey dick to her when he met her while she was working at Blockbuster (she had quit college for undisclosed reasons, was working there to make some money, and had a visible tattoo, which he promptly pointed out and said really judgey bullshit about). Somehow this made her want to jump his bones, and he turned her fundie (she wasn't before). He's also, IIRC, quite a bit older than she is, which is fine generally (my bf is 14.5 years older than me), except that I get a Jeremy Vuolo "let me find a pretty, vulnerable girl I can control and mold" vibe from their age gap/dynamic. 

@nastyhobbitses She has a tattoo of the eye of Horus on her hip. 

I think her history of abuse (I definitely include her parent's fucked up refusal to stop seeing her rapist as abusive too) made her much more likely to fall for a withholding/love bombing kind of guy. 

On 1/9/2018 at 2:31 AM, Rachel333 said:

My mom had twins when I was 10 and people often think they're mine too! I was probably about 12 the first time, which would be awfully young to be a parent of toddlers!

Same here, except my mom just had one baby!  I can't tell you how many times people would approach us in the grocery store and ask if she was mine.  I'd respond with, "uh... she's my sister" and usually that would prevent any further interactions.

20 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Whaaaaat? I've never heard about anyone confusing Switzerland and Sweden! 

George W. Bush did. :pb_rollseyes:

8 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

At least no one thinks my state is outside the US. I've heard so many stories of people who live in New Mexico having to convince people that it's part of the United States. It's always sounded really frustrating. 

The magazine New Mexico has a regular one- to two-page feature called "One of our Fifty is Missing," about that exact assumption. Every month. And that's just some of the stories they get... (Not a resident, but my brother went to college there. The number of times someone assumed he spoke Spanish after being told that...)

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

George W. Bush did. :pb_rollseyes:

(snip)

It's amazing how those people in high places can be the most ignorant idiots right? Our (thankfully former!) Minister of Foreign Affairs made up an imaginary country (San Escobar) and said in a TV interview that the government has great diplomatic relations with it - which is pretty easy to maintain with a nonexistant state, I think. It was the meme of the year in Poland!

12 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

@nastyhobbitses She has a tattoo of the eye of Horus on her hip. 

I think her history of abuse (I definitely include her parent's fucked up refusal to stop seeing her rapist as abusive too) made her much more likely to fall for a withholding/love bombing kind of guy. 

I wonder if this is what made her and Joy so close.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:09 PM, Iamtheway said:

I don't mix these up in English, but oh my God, I will never get them straight in Spanish (Suecia/Suiza). So confusing.

I was lucky enough to visit Sweden a few years ago, and that did wonders for sorting it out. I still think it's a weird takeaway from a travel experience though.

Anybody remember Sierra's bestie, Kristen Young? I stalked checked out her instagram account the other day, because I remembered she was planning a trip to Africa (Nurie Rodrigues' Botswana trip triggered that memory). Anyway, of course she posted the classic voluntourism pics with black babies with big eyes:

FJ has taught me a lot about voluntourism, so thanks everybody! "I temporarily adopted him while in Africa" is just so wrong on so many levels :my_cry:

She's also into health drinks now (like Jill Rodrigues) and currently expecting Baby No. 2, a girl named Ava Joy. 

Spoiler

Advertising a weight loss drink while heavily pregnant... you can't make that shit up. :wow:

Well it's a good thing the cockroach convo made me skip breakfast cuz this made me retch. 

Tone deafness must be linked to crassness on the white fragility gene.

I saw the captions Jill posted on some pictures of Africa. She sounds like an idiot. Of course they drive on a different side of the road. America is not the only country. Of course there are bugs. 

I guess I can't be so mean though, not everyone has an understanding that there are places and cultures that are different from where you live. Especially if you are never exposed to different ideas. I'm glad Nurie is getting some exposure but sad that it's being filtered through the lense of christian voluntourism if that makes sense. 

I know Sierra is an ass in many ways but I can't shake the feeling that she's desperate for a creative/intellectual (meaning using her mind, not being an intellectual) outlet and that that conflicts with her beliefs, and she's kind of stuck in the swamp. Not saying she's not a good mom, and I know that some women really are great with lots of children, but all of her attempts at bizarre businesses, Duggar leghumping, posting with odd phrasing that she maybe sees as "creative," are a sad attempt at expressing her own voice in a religiously acceptable way.

6 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I saw the captions Jill posted on some pictures of Africa. She sounds like an idiot. Of course they drive on a different side of the road. America is not the only country. Of course there are bugs. 

I guess I can't be so mean though, not everyone has an understanding that there are places and cultures that are different from where you live. Especially if you are never exposed to different ideas. I'm glad Nurie is getting some exposure but sad that it's being filtered through the lense of christian voluntourism if that makes sense. 

Jill seems like the person that would ask me "if you're from South Africa, why are you white?" question.

I've lived in Australia longer than where I was born and my accent is quite "okker" tbh. You can pick up my SA accent if I'm angry, it comes out...

Oh! I have been checking out Kristen Young's instagram lately too and notice she's involved with a company that pushes juices, shakes, and vitamins. Her Insta story the other day was basically proclaiming it cured her brother's Crohn's disease or something :roll: 

I think it is interesting to see a peek into the lives of some of these people who hang around the Duggars. They are fundie enough to I guess be allowed in the circle but a lot of them are less restricted than the Duggars. Kristen, for instance, was a cheerleader at her (Christian) college. I've seen posts that refer to a past in college of living with roommates and other things that the Duggars can't do.

Another girl (who was recently in a photo with Jana) goes to law school in NYC and apparently went to public school growing up. She is still religious and generally conservative but made posts in support of DACA essentially saying that being pro-life has to involve caring about things like DACA too and I thought that was interesting because it's often a progressive talking point on issues like this. So it's like she's fundie lite? Fundie Woke? I wonder if these ideas ever get communicated to the Duggars or if Jana, for example, sees girls like this and wishes she could be having the life experience of going to school and moving to a new place instead of packing bags for and cleaning up after her umpteen younger siblings.

On 1/15/2018 at 2:09 PM, Iamtheway said:

Half of my family emigrated to the US from Switzerland. 'Hi!!!!'
I love it when people find out my father is Swiss and then start talking about how much they love Ikea and Tomte... 

I think Sierra is going to be tearing her hair out in a few years when she's homeschooling 4-5 kids with a couple of babies and toddlers underfoot. Life is going to get a lot less PInterest-y, unless she borrows a lost Duggar girl to help her.

mmm i don't think there will be a lost Duggar girl free to help her the Duggars Sibling will have the right on the girl service before her, and since SiRen is now official, i could see for 2019 at the very least 7 new grandDuggar the lost girl will be busy now on 

Not sure how to embed an Instagram post from my phone, but in Sierras last post about visiting the new tacos4life restaurant, she used the hashtag #tacoshoes (taco shoes) and I totally thought it said tacos hoes. Spent a good 1.5 minutes wondering why she’d call her & her new baby “tacos hoes.” That is all! 

Also this might be bec but that mustache she put on her kid seems a lil racist to me. Idk. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived