IGNORED

Sierra - Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries

samurai_sarah

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about cheaper but I imagine it's easier for laundry- less sorting and larger loads of similar colors which could lead to fewer loads overall. 

and if she took them out yesterday, the shirts might have been christmas gifts; maybe Grandma thought they were cute.  the oldest 2 also have matching boots, so it's probably a trend in their family.

I wonder what happened. From the way she's been talking right up till yesterday, it never seemed like she had an induction or c-section planned, but rather that she was waiting to go into labour naturally. Hope everything's okay and she has a smooth and safe labour and delivery and a healthy baby.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I wonder what happened. From the way she's been talking right up till yesterday, it never seemed like she had an induction or c-section planned, but rather that she was waiting to go into labour naturally. Hope everything's okay and she has a smooth and safe labour and delivery and a healthy baby.

Purely speculation but it appeared to me as if she thought she would go into labor early and was bracing for that based on her past history. Her OB likely wanted to take her a big early due to her “almost dying last time.”

9 minutes ago, jillymuffin said:

Baby is here. His name is Brooks Zechariah, he was born an hour ago and the birth seems to have gone fine.

Brooks, that is different from how Sierra normally rolls. Good that all is well! :) 

Brooks! We almost named our son the same thing but it was becoming a bit common in our area. I love it.  (And by common, I mean I heard it probably only twice. But I wanted something I hadn’t stumbled upon in my day to day life.)

Glad it went well and there was no almost-dying! Nice name too. Not tryndy even :P Oh man, 6 kids in...9 yrs of marriage and while still under (at least around?) 30!!!!!!!! I can't even.

18 minutes ago, nst said:

did she have to have a c section because it sounds like it was induced or something?

All we know is from her IG post yesterday that she said she was going to the hospital today to have the baby. She didn't indicate whether it was a planned induction or planned c-section. Only that it was planned. 

8 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

Glad it went well and there was no almost-dying! Nice name too. Not tryndy even :P Oh man, 6 kids in...9 yrs of marriage and while still under (at least around?) 30!!!!!!!! I can't even.

I think she's around 27? I know she's at least 2-3 years younger than me and I won't be 30 for another few months. I can't even imagine having six kids!

28 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think she's around 27? I know she's at least 2-3 years younger than me and I won't be 30 for another few months. I can't even imagine having six kids!

Ya I’m about her age with 0 kids. A few weeks ago, I spontaneously found a flight to an island and went with my husband for 4 days. Some family members were texting me jealous, I was like “the things you can do without kids” ;p

3 minutes ago, 3SecondSideHugger said:

Ya I’m about her age with 0 kids. A few weeks ago, I spontaneously found a flight to an island and went with my husband for 4 days. Some family members were texting me jealous, I was like “the things you can do without kids” ;p

I mean, I could never afford a flight to an island. But I can 'afford' to sleep in if I feel like it, read a book in silence, or randomly decide to go out for a drink with my friends and come home whenever I want. Of course, it's different if you want kids, giving up those freedoms and luxuries is all worth it then. But I still have to imagine that having six kids in nine years before the age of 30 has got to be overwhelming, no matter how much you wanted a big family!

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I mean, I could never afford a flight to an island. But I can 'afford' to sleep in if I feel like it, read a book in silence, or randomly decide to go out for a drink with my friends and come home whenever I want. Of course, it's different if you want kids, giving up those freedoms and luxuries is all worth it then. But I still have to imagine that having six kids in nine years before the age of 30 has got to be overwhelming, no matter how much you wanted a big family!

Well, my husband is a pilot so the flight was free lol. Is it bad that sleeping in is one of the top 5 reasons I’m waiting to consider having kids...spending the past few days around the holiday with my niece and nephew was exhausting!!! 

46 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Sierra turned 28 in September.

5 hours ago, 3SecondSideHugger said:

Well, my husband is a pilot so the flight was free lol. Is it bad that sleeping in is one of the top 5 reasons I’m waiting to consider having kids...spending the past few days around the holiday with my niece and nephew was exhausting!!! 

Sleeping in i awesome. We try to take turns on the weekends and the sleepy genes seems to have lived on (thank you Rufus!) Miniway woke up at nine this morning. 

We might have decided to play with friends during the holidays and still been in our pj:s eating breakfast when they arrived after their lunch. It might have happened more then once. 

:bedtime::bedtime::bedtime:

^ Actual family portrait. 

7 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Sleeping in i awesome. We try to take turns on the weekends and the sleepy genes seems to have lived on (thank you Rufus!) Miniway woke up at nine this morning. 

We might have decided to play with friends during the holidays and still been in our pj:s eating breakfast when they arrived after their lunch. It might have happened more then once. 

:bedtime::bedtime::bedtime:

^ Actual family portrait. 

Haha!! That’s a family I could be a part of! My parents are doctors and regularly only sleep 4-6 hours (they go to bed around midnight, wake up around 2 or 3am and work from home and then sleep a couple more hours but never past 6am) . I was the black sheep in that family requiring my 8-9 hours a night. It’s essentially my trademark in the family. *Prayers to Rufus my future offspring inherit my habits*

Damn dogs do not understand the concept of sleeping in.  Darned shame too, otherwise do like them. :my_shy:

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Of course, it's different if you want kids, giving up those freedoms and luxuries is all worth it then. 

Most of the time. ;)

3 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Some Most of the time. ;)  Until they're teenagers then none of the time.

FTFY

I think a big difference between having a cat and having a baby/young child is if the cat is annoying you in the morning you can shut him in the bathroom for a little while but you can’t do that with a baby. I’ve learned to cherish the days I get to sleep in and have come to hate daylight savings time. I tried explaining the concept to my one year old. She did not get it. 

So I’m 23 or so years older than Sierra.  I had my kids when I was 29 and 33, and they’re now 21 and 17.  I cannot imagine having the energy to support, guide, raise and spend time with 6 little kids...or 6 teenagers, who I personally find just as challenging but in a different way to little kids.

Sierra posted a text message her husband sent to her parents, thanking them for raising a strong daughter and a ton of Jesus. Yeah, cute, and thoughtful to thank them for everything they do for your family. Does it need to be shared with the world? Will your husband dry up and shrivel away if you don't shower him with nauseating amounts of praise EVERY TIME YOU POST? It's so extra 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived