IGNORED

Sierra - Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries

samurai_sarah

On 1/29/2018 at 5:54 PM, brusselsgriffon said:

Also this might be bec but that mustache she put on her kid seems a lil racist to me. Idk. 

As a Hispanic stereotype?  I though fake mustaches were all the rage among the young--and the kid is a Dominguez, after all.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/11/2017 at 5:15 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Fairly, but she's kind of Whitney Bates-ing: wore pants without issue for a while, met fundie guy, was "convicted" (likely strongly encouraged/kind of forced) to go skirts-only, then gradually started wearing pants again. Honestly, good for her. She's growing on me; I still find her a little obnoxious and I still think it was a dumb idea to bring five small children on a "mission trip" to a hurricane-affected area where resources are already pretty stretched without another five hungry mouths attached to pretty much useless hands (but at least she was actually making herself useful while there), but she does seem to walk the walk, have a lot of initiative/drive, be very open about her struggles, and obviously adores her kids. Sierra's alright in my book.

I believe I saw pics of her in a wait for it....bikini! 

She hasn't been involved with the Duggar too much it seems...like not helping with weddings or parties...maybe they had a falling out? it seems like she started being skirts only when they became friends, so i'd assume if they're not so close anymore she'd go back to her pants wearing ways. 

She also has a "tramp stamp" tatoo she talked about on her blog. 

I have one of those but you don't see it because I can't wear lose rise jeans. I'm also no longer the cute 20 year old I was when I got it. But it's a tribal wolf so it's still cool.

Here's her post:

I was confused by the baby shoes, wondering for about a minute why the baby has its feet in a taco that looks really fuzzy and ... not very appetizing  :pb_lol:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mabel said:

Ugh who taught Sierra the word ratchet. She's used it at least five times in her IG story :roll:

Oh wow. Really? That's a real put down using that word too. Grow up Sierra, you're not 17 anymore...

I am glad to know that I am not the only person who thought her latest Instagram pic looks like a plate of chocolate covered strawberries + crab cakes:

Heck, even I don't want that-- and  I live near the Chesapeake Bay 

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I am glad to know that I am not the only person who thought her latest Instagram pic looks like a plate of chocolate covered strawberries + crab cakes:

Heck, even I don't want that-- and  I live near the Chesapeake Bay 

Yikes

22 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

How can she do this stuff and take care of all those children. Her husband is home, a Duggar helper, I do wonder about this. 

I also wonder. How can she keep her newborn fed, take care of 5 other kids (and pretend to homeschool the older ones), and do this?

I thought husband works long hours at the furniture store, and her main Duggar helper was Joy. Her mom is local and babysits a lot apparently. Are any of the Duggar lost girls old enough to assist her?

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I also wonder. How can she keep her newborn fed, take care of 5 other kids (and pretend to homeschool the older ones), and do this?

I thought husband works long hours at the furniture store, and her main Duggar helper was Joy. Her mom is local and babysits a lot apparently. Are any of the Duggar lost girls old enough to assist her?

Johanna ? 

With Josh, Jill, Jessa and soon Joy all living in the area with young kids of their own, I highly doubt that any Duggar girls are regularly being shipped out to help out Sierra. I think her mom helps out A LOT, and apart from that I just think she is a high-energy person who genuinely enjoys doing all these projects and crafts. That said, I doubt her homeschooling is particularly stellar.

The other night she was doing a live (that I caught the middle of) and it looked like she was in a bathroom? Anyway, someone asked her about wearing pants and she said that she purposely wore them when she was on the show with the Duggars and in their house, but she likes to wear shorts in the summer and jeans in the winter. She then went on to talk about how you could wear a potato sack and still not be modest if you had the wrong intent. Nothing terribly interesting, but I was a little surprised to hear she only wore skirts because she was on the show. I wonder if they assisted her 'conviction' to wear skirts (i.e: you can't be featured if you wear pants)...?

I call B.S. on Sierra. She did a lot more skirt wearing than on the show. Also didn't she have a whole thing on her blog or her instagram talking about modesty and her legs or hips or something? It might have been to get in better with the Duggars, I'll give her that, but I don't believe her for a second that it was just for the show. 

Sierra is full of shit if she's now claiming that she has always worn pants. It was literally just a few months ago that I saw her claim, multiple times on different occasions, that she never wore pants anymore because pants didn't fit her properly, that only skirts fit her properly and were comfortable for her to wear. I couldn't care less if she's suddenly decided that pants fit her after all, but don't lie about it.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Sierra is full of shit if she's now claiming that she has always worn pants. It was literally just a few months ago that I saw her claim, multiple times on different occasions, that she never wore pants anymore because pants didn't fit her properly, that only skirts fit her properly and were comfortable for her to wear. I couldn't care less if she's suddenly decided that pants fit her after all, but don't lie about it.

I thought it was a little weird too, but I don't really remember. She said that in the summer she loves to wear short so they can go on bike rides and that jeans just keep her warmer in the winter. She did also say that she is quick to tell Mark if she thinks a shirt he is wearing is too tight (for modesty reasons) and that he will do the same for her, but she is apparently terrible with laundry and shrinks everything. She must spend a lot of money on clothes for a family of what, 7?) if she constantly ruins them in the laundry. 

1 hour ago, Ace3 said:

She must spend a lot of money on clothes for a family of what, 7?) if she constantly ruins them in the laundry. 

Maybe she buys the clothes a little big to account for shrinking. When I was growing up, my mom was not the most careful with laundry and often shrank things by accident, so she tried to buy things a little big knowing they'd be smaller after washing... Especially if the shirt was 100 percent cotton. I'm a little more careful with my laundry as an adult, but even I will still buy things a little big if I'm worried shrinking will make it unwearable. 

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Was that when she was pregnant? Maybe she meant that she only wears skirts during pregnancy, which is totally understandable.

11 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Was that when she was pregnant? Maybe she meant that she only wears skirts during pregnancy, which is totally understandable.

Nope, it was before she was pregnant.

Edit: I can't remember her exact words now, but I believe she claimed it was something to do with having weirdly shaped legs or hips.

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Maybe she meant that she only wears skirts during pregnancy, which is totally understandable.

She had pictures on Instagram wearing both jeans and shorts while she was pregnant. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived