IGNORED

Sierra - Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries

samurai_sarah

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Sierra is making sammies for men, who is taking care of her five children? How does that work? Did she leave them with Jana perhaps. 

On 10/7/2017 at 11:03 AM, 2manyKidzzz said:

If Sierra is making sammies for men, who is taking care of her five children? How does that work? Did she leave them with Jana perhaps. 

Based on past posts, Sierra's mother is local, and seems to do a lot of grandchild sitting. I wonder how fun that will be when 6 are involved.

6 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I never realized Sierra wore pants. Is that a recent development?

Fairly, but she's kind of Whitney Bates-ing: wore pants without issue for a while, met fundie guy, was "convicted" (likely strongly encouraged/kind of forced) to go skirts-only, then gradually started wearing pants again. Honestly, good for her. She's growing on me; I still find her a little obnoxious and I still think it was a dumb idea to bring five small children on a "mission trip" to a hurricane-affected area where resources are already pretty stretched without another five hungry mouths attached to pretty much useless hands (but at least she was actually making herself useful while there), but she does seem to walk the walk, have a lot of initiative/drive, be very open about her struggles, and obviously adores her kids. Sierra's alright in my book.

Thank you @nastyhobbitses for the quick reply! I didn't know she had worn pants before so I was surprised when I saw her in pants on instagram the other day. 

I agree with you, Sierra seems very energetic and like she practices what she preaches. Didn't she actually take in people who lost their home due to the hurricane or am I imagining that?

I still cannot get over the $40 glass shard cupcakes, but apart from that she really seems to put in effort. I also find her refreshingly attached to her 'tiny humans'. In fact, I hope she will leave the fundie train at one point and become a mainstream christian. 

I feel like Sierra is her own worst enemy. If she hadn't fallen down the fundie rabbit hole, I think she would be genuinely successfull in life. Not that there's anything wrong with being a stay-at-home-mom to soon-to-be six kids. It's just so painfully obvious that she wants more/different things out of life. Life having a career of some sorts, and not being confined to filling all the traditionally female roles at home. I wish she didn't keep herself from achieving that.

She really seems like the kind of power-mom that would thrive if she could work and have a career, with her husband sharing equal parts of the responsibilities at home, doesn't she? Sierra is more hands-on and creative than any of the Duggars and she appears to have a lot of fun doing creative stuff with the kids. I could see her being an excellent pre-school or elementary school teacher...you know, if only that was allowed. 

Sierra has grown on me too. At this point, I think her and her family are some prime candidates who might break free from Fundiedom, although I know they're still far from it. To me, breaking away would mean embracing more in terms of LGBT+ and women's rights, being open to putting kids in school if that was the best option, being open to family planning, etc.

Was her husband previously as extreme fundie as they are right now? I know he was by far the more religious of the two, but judging by their wedding pics and rise to fame via the Duggars, I assumed that they were radicalized together.

The glass cupcakes are a pretty ridiculous faux pas, but I feel a tad guilty snarking on them. It just sounds like a dumb mistake and maybe a bit grifty, but doesn't seem to stem from a horrible belief system.

Long story short, I'm looking forward to continuing to follow Sierra. She seems relatively real and honest, at least in terms of things that matter (not in terms of conversations surrounding the purchase of cell phones, of course).

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Can someone point me to the glass cupcake story?

There's not a lot to point you to. 

Basic story: Sierra baked cupcakes in mason jars and sold them on etsy for $40/6 cupcakes (or was it 4?). In the end, most people who were crazy enough to spend 40 bucks on Sierras dry cupcake atrocities received broken glasses and couldn't even eat it. Other people weren't amazed by the taste. My guess is that she just threw together a few cake mixes and thought she could make big bucks. She should have sticked with the strawberries. 

I just remember that it worked out to $10/cupcake.  And you didn't get to select your flavors.  And you basically had to wait for her to make them to ship them so the wait could be long.  Jessa hawked them, being a good friend I guess.  It didn't last long. 

I've mentioned before that my husband went to highschool with Sierra and graduated 2 years ahead of her. They did interact because they both did Speech and Debate. I've tried pumping him for info, but all he ever really gives is that she was "pretty weird" even before meeting the husband. I asked if she was at all religious and he seemed to think she was and that was part of the weirdness. She was most certainly not fundie back then, wearing pants and going to public school. But from her own blog we know that she did grow up in a Christian environment, then had a rebellious period (seems like that happened after my husband graduated, so maybe age 16-19 ish), then came back to Jesus after Mark approached her where she was working at the video store and made her rethink her heathen tattoo.

I think Sierra benefits from having gone to public school through high school. I almost wonder if sometimes she talks "dumber" than she is so that she fits more as a meek helpmeet. I truly do not understand how you can have 5 under 7 (or whatever it is) and find the time to hit your fertile window! I do hope they slow down, or else it won't matter how much she loves the kiddos, she won't have any time/energy to be a present mom.

She has her baby registry on her latest blog post. Which I wasn't totally bothered by, but there's a ton of restaurant gift cards on it which seems just a tad grift-y...... (not the fact that a mom with a newborn would want to eat out, but posting it on her blog for all the world & Duggar fans to see is a bit in poor taste imo)

https://www.myregistry.com/baby-registry/Sierra-Dominguez-Mark-Dominguez-Siloam-Springs-Ar/1393100

Jill Rodrigues needs to start a baby registry with restaurant gift cards on it, so those poor children of her's can eat!

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

Jill Rodrigues needs to start a baby registry with restaurant gift cards on it, so those poor children of her's can eat!

Oh, you know she'd take them all for herself so she and David could have a romantic evening together. She'd say the kids wanted her to do that.

14 hours ago, brusselsgriffon said:

She has her baby registry on her latest blog post. Which I wasn't totally bothered by, but there's a ton of restaurant gift cards on it which seems just a tad grift-y...... (not the fact that a mom with a newborn would want to eat out, but posting it on her blog for all the world & Duggar fans to see is a bit in poor taste imo)

https://www.myregistry.com/baby-registry/Sierra-Dominguez-Mark-Dominguez-Siloam-Springs-Ar/1393100

I will say that most of the gifts are practical and inexpensive (bottles, diapers, desitin, etc).  But does she really need another baby swing?  Much less a $220 one? And the gift cards are tacky.  It's a nice idea for someone to buy them diapers or give a meal for their 6th child but to ask for them explicitly?  :snooty:

Yeah, she lost me with the $220 swing and the pack and play. She should have enough of those laying around after so many kids.

Honestly, after so many kids, would someone even want more baby junk crowding up their house? (Says someone who has tripped over their toddler's play kitchen one too many times recently...)

It doesn't look like anybody's bought anything yet.

As I mentioned before, I'm doing a baby shower tomorrow for our refugee family. This is kid #7, but they came here from Afghanistan with nothing. She has asked for nothing, but they need everything. Several churches in town are sponsoring them. I'm not sure how I got in charge of this, and I'm pretty nervous about it. Just hope there's lots of food.

I don't see the need for gendered baby equipment (strollers, carriers, swings, etc). Why can't she use the same ones for all the kids? It's ridiculous. It's expensive. When my friend (who is fairly religious) had her first kid she bought a carrier that she liked. She wanted to use it for multiple kids, no matter their sex. It had pretty purple cloth accents, not very boy-ish. She knew her son wouldn't care what it looked like. And I don't think her husband cared. 

16 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

It doesn't look like anybody's bought anything yet.

As I mentioned before, I'm doing a baby shower tomorrow for our refugee family. This is kid #7, but they came here from Afghanistan with nothing. She has asked for nothing, but they need everything. Several churches in town are sponsoring them. I'm not sure how I got in charge of this, and I'm pretty nervous about it. Just hope there's lots of food.

That is such a nice thing to do, @Bad Wolf! I hope you have a wonderful time and that the family gets all the stuff they need! And of course - lots of food! 

@Bad Wolf, best wishes to you and the family. :)  

so far, only a blanket has been purchased on Sierra's registry.  the car seat i understand, because safety.  and i know that things wear out with regular use, but do they  really need to replace the swing, stroller and pack-n-play all at once?   

I don't know since i don't have kids and didn't follow here before bit could it be possible that she have old things used for like the last 3 blessing and now due need somethig new? 

It could also be that she just want something new dunno, i mean she was doing the list and was like what not put also this in ?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived