IGNORED

Dillards 33: Now Including Samuel

Coconut Flan

@TeamDefraudinSquad - I agree they do have some cute little newborns. I think it's because they have such huge babies who are filled out more - they don't have that wrinkly newborn look that so many babies have for the first few weeks (not that there's anything wrong with that, and it's cute in its own way too). 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

This might not be a popular opinion, but I just looked at the picture of Samuel, and the picture from when Izzy was born again, and I have to say, Derrick and Jill make some beautiful newborns. Their newborns always look like the kind of babies you'd see delivered in a movie, where they come out with perfect pink skin and cute chubby little bodies (and looking 4 months old already :pb_lol:)

Thats because she gives birth to toddlers, and they always use older babies in movies

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Only until they go back to Scary America, then Jill is on her own. 

Maybe they should take Jana with them. Jill needs more of a support system than just Derek. It'd get Jana out of the TTC

Just now, KnittingOwl said:

Maybe they should take Jana with them. Jill needs more of a support system than just Derek. It'd get Jana out of the TTC

Nah, Jana likes her life she's got friends and freedom, a little anyway. In SCA she'd be a house maid taking care an infant and a toddler, at the TTH the youngest is 7, much less stressful at home. Jill can grow up and figure it out, she's chosen her life now she has to figure out how to make it work like everyone else has. 

4 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Why would poor Jana want to go to Central America with those two train wrecks? lol.  

I have seen that pic of little big Sam all hooked up to several machines.  I really do hope that he is healthy and all is okay with him.  I also hope that they didn't do anything stupid and reckless like wait too long to get to the hospital.  

10 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Nah, Jana likes her life she's got friends and freedom, a little anyway. In SCA she'd be a house maid taking care an infant and a toddler, at the TTH the youngest is 7, much less stressful at home. Jill can grow up and figure it out, she's chosen her life now she has to figure out how to make it work like everyone else has. 

That's fair. Jana wouldn't want to go.

I do feel a bit sorry for Jill. I know how hard it is to be very far away from your family with a little kid. It can be very lonely. I imagine it's worse for Jilly with her enmeshed family than it was for someone like me who had moved away for college. I am often jealous of my brother who has our mom to babysit for him whenever. I feel like I never get a break. Jessa has the family to help out as needed. Jill doesn't and that can add to anxiety and stress. 

2 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

That's fair. Jana wouldn't want to go.

I do feel a bit sorry for Jill. I know how hard it is to be very far away from your family with a little kid. It can be very lonely. I imagine it's worse for Jilly with her enmeshed family than it was for someone like me who had moved away for college. I am often jealous of my brother who has our mom to babysit for him whenever. I feel like I never get a break. Jessa has the family to help out as needed. Jill doesn't and that can add to anxiety and stress. 

I agree, I feel bad for Jill.  She ended up somewhere she seems to have thought she wanted and its overwhelming.  She also doesn't see a way out, thats hard.

I am so grateful I live near my parents, even if they won't babysit whenever.  That one day a month makes a huge difference.

I have a digital photo frame sitting next to me, scrolling pictures of my (now 20 week old) baby.  Our first pictures are of the baby and only the baby.  The first pictures we posted are of him alone.  This picture, to me, is more of Dwreck than Samuel.  It just rubs me the wrong way.  Post a closeup of the baby's face and save the smiling daddy pics for one when Jill can be in it.

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:
I have a digital photo frame sitting next to me, scrolling pictures of my (now 20 week old) baby.  Our first pictures are of the baby and only the baby.  The first pictures we posted are of him alone.  This picture, to me, is more of Dwreck than Samuel.  It just rubs me the wrong way.  Post a closeup of the baby's face and save the smiling daddy pics for one when Jill can be in it.

This is a really astute point.  It didn't occur to me but yes, this is a photo about the parents getting a new baby, not about the baby.  On the other hand I regret not being in more of LO's baby photos so maybe there is no right way to do this.

Derick being in the picture doesn't bother me at all. I think everyone has their own preference for that sort of thing.

My first baby was hooked up to wires like that and I still don't like photos of just him during that time. The story of those photos feels more "he was sick" than "I got a new baby!". I doubt Derick is thinking that just because it's a weird thing to think about in the moment, but I think Derick proudly show off his son is fine.

Come on Folks, when was a Duggar et al birth EVER about anyone other than the parents and adding to the "count"?

Good Duggar SIL following the plan to a T.

The picture rubbed me the wrong way as well. The poor baby looks so distressed and Derick's big stupid face is being stupid. I don't think that would be the very first picture I would share with the world.

I think Derrick is being careful so as not to unhook Samuel from any of his machines that go beep. Also, it's more than likely a member of the hospital staff taking the pic. Hospital staff barely have time to draw breath, let alone to take properly posed snaps.

Jill probably told Derick to "take a picture and post it," and he literally just took "a" picture, as in one, then posted it without any consideration given to how it turned out. That's the kind of thing my ex would have done. He had a Masters degree, so he wasn't completely brain dead, but he was a social zero. He had no idea how to present himself favorably, and he didn't care. 

What are those cuff like things on baby's ankles/feet?

17 minutes ago, Mr. Pink said:

Derick being in the picture doesn't bother me at all. I think everyone has their own preference for that sort of thing.

My first baby was hooked up to wires like that and I still don't like photos of just him during that time. The story of those photos feels more "he was sick" than "I got a new baby!". I doubt Derick is thinking that just because it's a weird thing to think about in the moment, but I think Derick proudly show off his son is fine.

I agree with you. If the picture was only Samuel, the only information we can see is that there are some health issues. Seeing Derick holding the baby and smiling is somewhat reassuring that Samuel is doing okay.

6 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

What are those cuff like things on baby's ankles/feet?

I think the one of the right is monitoring his pulse and the one on the left is a second identification band/anti-kidnapping alarm.

Is it just me or is it weird he is not wrapped up?  In all of the photos of LO's birth post actually being born he is covered up (blanket over him on my chest, inside DH's shirt on his chest, swaddled in my parents arms . . . )

3 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Is it just me or is it weird he is not wrapped up?  In all of the photos of LO's birth post actually being born he is covered up (blanket over him on my chest, inside DH's shirt on his chest, swaddled in my parents arms . . . )

And wearing a hat.  They had a hat on my baby before he had a diaper!

Just now, Buzzard said:

And wearing a hat.  They had a hat on my baby before he had a diaper!

Yes! Always a hat until he was old enough to move his hands, then he said never again!

Yeah Jill, get your butt out of your hospital bed and put a hat and blanket on Samuel. My god, the criticism they both get for just being Jill and Derick!

Just now, JDuggs said:

Yeah Jill, get your butt out of your hospital bed and put a hat and blanket on Samuel. My god, the criticism they both get for just being Jill and Derick!

Not ment to be criticism, just surprise.  I certainly didn't put the blankets on LO when he was born (actually the day he came home was warm and I had him in just a onesie and my mom said he was probably cold, after which I cried for a hour).  Just a bit surprised and wondering if my experience the one time was normal. 

Yeah, we're getting into silly season a bit here, I think. Derick's still dressed in surgical garb. Sam's hooked up to a bunch of crap. They're at the hospital, I think at that point it's kind of the doctors'/nurses' responsibility to decide if the baby needs a hat/blanket or not, and I hereby absolve Derick and Jill of any responsibility for this shocking and egregious oversight.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived