IGNORED

Dillards 33: Now Including Samuel

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Considering how much of a dick Derick has turned out to be, I doubt he'd do such a thing for Jill.

I don't pretend to know for a second what these folks are truly like, but I lean toward thinking you're right. Thankfully not every fundie husband is DWreck. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Considering how much of a dick Derick has turned out to be, I doubt he'd do such a thing for Jill.

Isn't this why they have Jana?

But he'll bring her chocolate milk!!! He's the best!!!
*sarcasm*

17 hours ago, twinmama said:

My twins were 2lb each and I remember walking by the regular nursery (we were obviously in the NICU!) and seeing what must have been like 5 or 6 pound babies and thinking they practically looked like toddlers in comparison!!

my twins were born at 35 wks, 6.5 and 6 lbs 3 oz respectively and 20 inches tall. I can't imagine how big they would be if i carried them to term. But my family has naturally large babies. I was over 9 lbs my brother close to 10lbs. From what I understand some people just give birth to big babies. Even though my boys are not super heavy now, they are super tall, in the 98% percentile, so they were destined to be tall and that carries some weight behind it.

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Wasn't Derick home with her when the rack fell, and didn't he lead them to the BR for shelter?

Their interview about it was kind of confusing. I think he was there, but I'm not sure. It still doesn't negate the fact that she thought her young child was in danger though. In a few years she may feel calmer about the experience, but this had happened relatively recently when the season and interviews with TLC were filmed - so it was still fresh in her mind.

9 hours ago, Greendoor said:

So are we sure Sam is in the NICU?  Or just guessing?  And why haven't we seen Jill?  Could something have happened to her?

It's a guess at this point, which is why I (and others) were careful to say things like "if he were in NICU."

Why haven't we seen Jill? Maybe something is wrong or maybe she wants quiet time with her family or maybe they're waiting for People magazine. Or maybe she just doesn't want to smile big and pose for pictures right now because she has other priorities. I really see no reason to be concerned or impatient right now. She just had major surgery for the second time in about three years. Give her a bit of time. :)

(I don't blame them for a lack of information at all, but especially not if Samuel is in NICU. My husband and I shared very little about our daughter while she was in NICU because we wanted time to deal with everything without answering a hundred questions or getting any sort of judgemental advice. All that would be amplified by a thousand for the Dills and they simply wouldn't need that if their newborn were in NICU.)

9 hours ago, ljohnson2006 said:

When will Jill and Derick stop trying to have homebirths, and just go straight to the hospital? Another botched homebirth attempt, while possibly injuring another child.  I'm sure we will get some story in the birth VSE.  DFO is Duggar Family Official. It's their FB page. 

Again, we have zero idea what actually happened this time. I honestly don't think we should judge anyone until we know whether or not she actually tried for a home VBAC.

(And who knows - maybe she labored at home until the contractions got closer together like many women do. Not sure what the recommendations are for a VBAC, but doing some labor at home doesn't necessarily mean she was trying for a home VBAC.)

Thanks, VelociRapture.

I understand you and your husband having a concept of privacy.

Still seems odd to me for these folks.  Maybe they are learning something. 

45 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Isn't this why they have Jana?

Only until they go back to Scary America, then Jill is on her own. 

I would really like to know that Jill and Samuel are both okay.  It worries me that we don't have any more pictures or updates and IIRC the one announcement they did put out asked for continued prayers.  I suppose it does no good to speculate but I can't help thinking something's gone terribly wrong and Jill had an emergency hysterectomy or is fighting for her life or something.

12 hours ago, MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou said:

All this talk that Jill may have had GD makes me nervous to have kids one day. I have type 1 diabetes and this is just a reminder that diabetics *tend* to have big babies...and I'm a tiny woman.

A little late to this convo with how fast the thread is moving, but as others have said, type 1 diabetes is a whole different ball game. I almost wonder if it's easier in a way, because you understand what you have to do to keep your blood sugar level even and would be working with an endocrinologist the whole time.

One of my best college friends has type 1 diabetes and just had a healthy baby. She was born maybe two weeks early? And only 7 pounds. I'm not sure whether she went into labor early or was induced for health reasons, but it was a safe, smooth delivery.

Really the only thing she had to do during pregnancy to keep her blood sugar stable was reduce carbs. Normally she could eat bread, pizza, donuts, etc. with insulin and be just fine, but it would spike her blood sugar too much when pregnant. She could still eat some carbs but they had to be complex.

Hopefully one day when it's time for you, you'll still have a great endocrinologist and everything will go smoothly!

8 minutes ago, meee said:

I would really like to know that Jill and Samuel are both okay.  It worries me that we don't have any more pictures or updates and IIRC the one announcement they did put out asked for continued prayers.  I suppose it does no good to speculate but I can't help thinking something's gone terribly wrong and Jill had an emergency hysterectomy or is fighting for her life or something.

Derick wrote mother and child are doing well. He also wrote that they are thankful to those offering support through prayers and encouragement. Sounds fairly standard for a religious family in my opinion. This was all in the post he made on Saturday with the photo of him holding Samuel. 

I think it's likely that this was another rough birth for Jill, but I really think people need to take a breath and relax a bit. There are many reasons for the lack of information and the Dills have seemed to scale back how often and how much they share via social media since they first married. If we haven't heard anything at all in a few days then maybe that's a sign of something being amiss... but two days after Jill had major surgery for the second time in just over three years? Too early to be worrying in my personal opinion.

I think gone are the days for Jill and Derick with regards to chalkboards detailing the day and month of how pregnant she is.  I think she had a rough birth and is just dealing with it and probably needs the time more than ever.  I get that Jill is over the whole show (that is OBVIOUS) and I think she has enough just to deal with the thought of going back to SCA in December and being a mother to two kids and dealing with Derick who is up her neck with constant discussion about SCA. 

I think she should leave the show.  But she can't because that would just entertain more problems. 

Of everyone in that family Jill so far is suffering the most 

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Jill was with her young child in a dangerous place that still didn't feel like home to her. They know people who had been murdered since they've been down there. Being terrified when hearing a loud sound unexpectedly like that under those circumstances is completely normal to me.

Most importantly though, is the fact she was with her young son. Her first reaction was to grab her son and hide with him, indicating she believed danger was imminent and that she needed to protect her child. It does not matter that there was no actual danger - when you truly believe your child is in danger it is legitimately terrifying. That type of fear is very real and not easily forgotten, even if the actual danger wasn't real.

Resident scaredy cat here, I would've freaked out too. Being in a country with a high murder rate and with a little boy who, if we are being honest, has a higher than adverage kid-napping risk (Due to his parents being famous among other reasons) I would be on gaurd too, personally. I don't think that being in Central America is her choice at all I think she's following her husband and trying to do what she thinks in her own mind is the right thing. I can respect that fact she thinks she's doing the right thing even if I don't agree and can't understand it.

:wtsf:Oh my god I just defended Jill!

The same thing happened with Henry a few months ago. We got one short announcement and one picture of the baby, and that was it. It took a couple days for more info and pictures to come out. I think it seems longer to people this time around because with Henry it was obvious that it was a successful homebirth and he was healthy so there was less to speculate about.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Again, we have zero idea what actually happened this time. I honestly don't think we should judge anyone until we know whether or not she actually tried for a home VBAC.

We'll never know what actually happened.  Whatever story they tell to People wont be the truth.  It wasnt true last time and it wont be true this time.  They'll clean it up to make it look "normal" and give people less to snark on regardless of whatever hairbrained ridiculousness they tried prior to landing in the hospital.

I'm not surprised we havent seen many "congrats" videos because the show is on tonight.  I'm sure they'll be a little "pop in" with Jill, dirty jesus, and the baby.  For the love of god could be not SHAVE before holding that newborn?  THe thought of his prickly whiskers on that baby's soft skin is like  nails on a chalkboard to me!

20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

For the love of god could be not SHAVE before holding that newborn?  THe thought of his prickly whiskers on that baby's soft skin is like  nails on a chalkboard to me!

Depending on how things went, he may not have had time. It honestly looks like he's still dressed for the OR in that photo. I'd rather find out he was too busy supporting Jill to have time to shave. The Dills are both dumbasses in a lot of ways, but I really hope Derick at least has the decency to put his wife first when she's in labor. 

My husband has had a beard for a while - since before Velocibaby arrived. It's prickly at times, but the baby doesn't care because she's used to it. Same with my BIL and nephew.

Initially I was concerned too by the lack of photos of Jill with the baby. And it's definitely possible that she is recovering from...something. But it could be something fairly minimal where she just doesn't want to have her picture taken until she feels better.

I also agree that the Dillards and Jill particularly have dramatically scaled back their social media sharing. They took a lot of flack after the last delivery (for good reason in some cases) so maybe she just doesn't want to open herself up to more this time around. Keeping people in the dark is one way to avoid a whole lot of unwanted commentary. Maybe their plan is just to have one People puff piece and not say anything more (until a heavily edited TLC birth special).

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

We'll never know what actually happened.  Whatever story they tell to People wont be the truth.  It wasnt true last time and it wont be true this time.  They'll clean it up to make it look "normal" and give people less to snark on regardless of whatever hairbrained ridiculousness they tried prior to landing in the hospital.

I'm not surprised we havent seen many "congrats" videos because the show is on tonight.  I'm sure they'll be a little "pop in" with Jill, dirty jesus, and the baby.  For the love of god could be not SHAVE before holding that newborn?  THe thought of his prickly whiskers on that baby's soft skin is like  nails on a chalkboard to me!

I bet JB and DQ are mad at Derick for mentioning the labor was 40 hours.  If he hadn't of mentioned that, they could have sold us any details they wanted.  But now the "birth story", however they weave it, does have to include that.  

The more I think about it, I'm thinking they are just keeping quiet until the show airs tonight. We'll get the info/ update at 9/8 centeral. 

53 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I bet JB and DQ are mad at Derick for mentioning the labor was 40 hours.  If he hadn't of mentioned that, they could have sold us any details they wanted.  But now the "birth story", however they weave it, does have to include that.  

He had to mention it because he spoke of her needing a c-section. Quantitating the hours of labor makes Jill appear more Godly, in their eyes, and also justifies, again in their eyes, her need for the c-section. I guess he had to mention the c-section because Jill would very likely be asked about her delivery. Or, maybe, they filmed the entire thing for an episode?

It's so hard to elicit interest, sympathy and of course, money, and at the the same time, maintain privacy. It's exactly why people are wondering why there are not more photos of Jill, baby, the family or additional details. 

But like others have said, it will probably be addressed in a 1 sec blurb tonight. Everything with these folks is about pushing their schtick in a quest for maintaining the easy money gravy train. They are cunning and gross.

Honestly the Dullards love attention so they are probably loving people speculating about them until the show airs tonight.

The more I think about it, I'm thinking they are just keeping quiet until the show airs tonight. We'll get the info/ update at 9/8 centeral. 

I agree. Last time Jill didn't seem to have an issue with posting pics of herself right away and poor thing looked rough. I don't think she'd have an issue posting pics but they get more attention and money waiting until the show/magazine spread.
However, I would have expected them to say tune in for a special message by now if they are going to do that tonight.

This might not be a popular opinion, but I just looked at the picture of Samuel, and the picture from when Izzy was born again, and I have to say, Derrick and Jill make some beautiful newborns. Their newborns always look like the kind of babies you'd see delivered in a movie, where they come out with perfect pink skin and cute chubby little bodies (and looking 4 months old already :pb_lol:)

Last time Jill and Dwreck (I love that name) did a video not long after Izzy was born, but it was a straight up ad plugging his birth special airing in a few weeks. I don't know how long this season goes but if Samuel's birth is not going to be shown till the fall there may not be as much of a reason to get something out there this time. Plus - sorry Sammy nothing personal - I think Izzy's birth was a bigger media deal because he was not only Jill's first child but the first Duggar daughter's birth. Since then Jessa had two kids, plus two more of the girls have gotten married, attention on Jill's family is more diluted.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived