IGNORED

Dillards 33: Now Including Samuel

Coconut Flan

I sincerely hope that Jill did not have complications.But,I assume that a uterine rupture,is definitely an emergency,and an emergency hysterectomy would be necessary.I know two women that had that happen.But,in way,if Jill could not have such a big family,and just had 2,it could actually be a blessing in disguise.She will have a large amount of nieces and nephews,she has siblings that are almost like her own children.And I think it would be easier taking care of 2 or 3 children,that it would taking care of providing for 10 children.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She had always been pro choice until she had her 1 and only at 33 and said how could anyone murder their baby.  

It sounds like she was pro-choice until she was no longer in a position to need an abortion and then decided that if she doesn't need an abortion then no one else should either.

I think the issue is that so many people assume that Pro Choice means pro abortion, and it does not mean this.  I am pro-choice, but I worked in the OB field for years, and taught prenatal classes, did prenatal care, as well as Labor/Delivery and nursery, Taught Lamaze and Breastfeeding classes over the years.  I feel like much of my professional life was dedicated to ensuring healthy babies and healthy mamas.  I am proud of this.  I often worked with unwed moms, underserved populations, and at risk  situations.  And I feel like I made a difference for a some that I worked with.  Giving babies the best chance at a healthy start has been a passion of mine.  Providing young parents with information and support in order to safely parent their children has been a passion of mine.  I have also been involved in a number of deliveries that were ending up as adoptions or surrogate situations.  These situations are complex and heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time. 

So personally,  I am invested in children, babies, parents etc.  Yet,  I also am pro-choice.  But,  for me,  I have worked and always advocated that we need to emphasize choice PRIOR to conception through excellent sex ed, easy and free or inexpensive access to safe and effective birth control options, etc.  If we do that, the number of Abortions will be driven down. 

I would like to see us at a point where the use of abortion is extremely rare because women are well educated and well resourced for their reproductive health prior to getting pregnant. 

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Quoting @SapphireSlytherin from the last thread:

Sort of. There are definitely safer places, but I really feel like they should stay in the U.S. for now. Close to home, close to family, close to everything familiar. They've been through a lot of extreme change and extreme stress over the past few years, and they need a break. They need a chance to rest, recover, and do some soul-searching. A chance to focus on their own health, mental and physical, on their marriage, and on their children. Maybe after enough time has passed and they've been able to recover and get their bearings, get a really solid foundation under them, then they can think about being missionaries again.

Of course, these are all just my own personal feelings on the situation. I can only speculate on what they're thinking and feeling and what might be best for them. Jill and Derick can do whatever they want.

I agree stay in the USA and do not return to Central America.  I disagree they need a break or rest or recovery.  For the last two years they have been selling themselves as missionaries to Central America, yet in the last 24 months they have spent at least 8 months in the states living in a McMansion.  Jill does not have worry about being an employee , finding a paid job  putting food in her children's mouths or clothes on their back.  Not sure what if anything grifting Derrick does for the time he was in the states other than try to fix his face.   

Jill has brought stress on herself since the Joshgate s by choosing to participate in the Megan Kelly interview on Fox News, by initiating a law suit and continuing to maintain a presence  in a reality TV series  Counting On and by getting pregnant with a second child, while being  missionary in a country with Zika.  Those are all choices she & D-wreck made, not some external stressor/circumstance beyond their control 

I agree Jill needs to soul search however until she has  a significant crisis,  IMHO soul searching is something I do not believe she or Derrick are capable of.   Soul searching  takes humility and the ability to self reflect and not be fundie perfection.  

Jill has to be the image of the  perfect fundy daughter, fundy wife, fundy Christian.  I truly hope Jill finds happiness as IMHO deep down the full-time missionary life is not what Jilly-Muffin thought it would be and her pride will not let her admit it.  My .02.

1 hour ago, ItsMeY'all said:

The lack of congrats videos is starting to get concerning. Has anyone posted anything on FB, IG, or Twitter aside from the early stuff yesterday?

Jinger just posted what appears to be a riveting video on making pretzel cheesecake to Instagram. Otherwise...

DFO posted the photo of Samuel twice on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. I think they're jockeying for Excited Grandparents of the Year or something. 

Cathy:

Deena:

Other than that, I didn't notice anything. I'm not overly worried though. They don't always immediately post congratulations. And it's possible that, as others said, they're waiting to say anything else because People or TLC or they're waiting for Jill to feel human enough to take photos (not everyone can look Erin Paine or Whitney Bates good right after having a baby. I know I didn't!) 

1 minute ago, SayWhat said:

Jill has brought stress on herself since the Joshgate s by choosing to participate in the Megan Kelly interview on Fox News, by initiating a law suit and continuing to maintain a presence  in a reality TV series  Counting On and by getting pregnant with a second child, while being  missionary in a country with Zika.  Those are all choices she & D-wreck made, not some external stressor/circumstance beyond their control 

Doesn't matter if she brought it on herself, or if the majority of the stress came through their own poor choices. It's still stress. The fact that they may have brought some of it on themselves doesn't change the fact that they could now make a good choice by taking deliberate and positive steps to minimize it.

3 hours ago, Casserole said:

I think I need clarification on your "solution" for gay people. Are you saying people who identify as gay but are not "okay" with their own lifestyle should abstain? Abstaining from sex makes them no longer gay? Abstaining from sex while still identifying as "gay" makes them okay for the Duggars/God/whatever religion they follow? 

I'm just confused, because gay people do not need birth control or a solution to being gay... and hopefully I completely missed the mark on your post. 

While I cannot speak for  what EveandAdam meant, I can give an example which may help illustrate something similar to what she meant re gay sex and abstaining.

In the UK we have a part time tv personality who is also a Church of England Priest. Richard Coles, who some may remember as the keyboardist in the Communards, is also gay. He's in a long term relationship and iirc lives with his partner,  but because of the church's views against gay sex he and his partner are celibate. The church allows him to practice as a priest as long as he does not have sex with his partner.

Now, whatever your viewpoint on this, it's obviously something that Richard is at peace with. He can practice his religion as well as acknowledging who he loves, but without going against the church and it's doctrine. 

It's entirely possible that non-hetero fundies may come to a similar conclusion re the seeming clash between their sexuality and their religion.

29 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Someone upthread, or perhaps on the previous thread commented that Jeremy isn't fundie. I just really need some clarification on what people on here consider to be fundie because I haven't seen much in Jeremy to prove that he is not a fundie.  I know we tend to all define it a bit more, but if the person who wrote that would clarify, I would appreciate it.

If you described Jeremy and his beliefs to most people they would consider him fundie. Only FJ would consider Jeremy(or Derick) not fundie. Some of us are so used to fundies who pop out babies every year, have a dress code and adhere to certain gender rules, etc. We forget that there are a variety of fundies in the Duggars cult.

27 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

You're still prochoice then. :)

I'm the same as you by the way. I've always personally felt I wouldn't be capable of making that choice unless I absolutely had to. But like @amandaaries , pregnancy made me a much firmer believer that other women should absolutely have that option opened to them for any reason.

I am 35 now (no kids) but wrote a paper in a college bio-ethics class that really made me think. Where I landed was I was privileged enough that I didn't think I could ever have an abortion unless it was medically necessary, but I absolutely thought and still think it should be an option for people for a variety of reasons. Even now, I'll say the idea that the fetus has a heart beat so early on makes it even harder for me but I still think people should have a choice. So yes, pro-choice but not pro-abortion. I am pro birth control though and would rather that be easily accessible so as many abortions as possible can be avoided, but America doesn't make that easy, especially for the less privileged.

I'm not too worried about the lack of photos and congrats videos yet. Derick's ig post said 'more photos soon' so to me it seems like they're simply exhausted. Jill laboured for a long time then had the c-section - she might be so tired that she hasn't had many/any visitors yet. It was probably very traumatic for her. So with her immediate family of a gazillion about to descend, perhaps her Dr gave a strict 'no visitors for the first 24 hours' recommendation?

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm hoping that they are just holding out for People and nothing is seriously wrong. I never want to see anyone harmed in all of this, as awful as their beliefs are. 

so we get a COVER:  People story about her Deilvery Drama #2 and I can't get it on Thursday 

if we do get that and I have a strong feeling we will - someone take it for the team and buy it 

We will probably see a video during tomorrow night's show with the four of them.  They'll be saying everything is hunky-dory and they'll soon be going back to DA and looking forward to many more blessings, if God is willing.  

2 hours ago, twinmama said:

So back to Jill, it will be fascinating to see where they go with future pregnancies. In the last thread someone said it'll be a test of the quiverfull beliefs,

I truly wonder what the parents ie Kelly and Gill and Michelle and JB are thinking about what is happening with their children, whether it's Micheal and Brandon, Erin and Chad, and Jill and Derick coupled with Jeremy and JInger...

at some point the kids and the parents are going to realize they are not the same and they will have to deal with that. Emotionally and every other way.  

34 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

If you described Jeremy and his beliefs to most people they would consider him fundie. Only FJ would consider Jeremy(or Derick) not fundie. Some of us are so used to fundies who pop out babies every year, have a dress code and adhere to certain gender rules, etc. We forget that there are a variety of fundies in the Duggars cult.

This. Being fundie is about what you believe in and preach, not necessarily your clothes and lifestyle. I'm happy that Jinger seems to be having a grand old time wearing pants and leading a far more liberal lifestyle than her upbringing, but in all likelihood, she probably still shares her husband's rather extreme and bigoted beliefs about LGBT people and what it means to be a "Christian".

12 minutes ago, nst said:

so we get a COVER:  People story about her Deilvery Drama #2 and I can't get it on Thursday 

if we do get that and I have a strong feeling we will - someone take it for the team and buy it  go take photos of it at the store or library

FTFY :my_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

The congratulations videos are coming in: They just uploaded Jinger and Jeremy's 

52 minutes ago, Dugg@rTime said:

It's entirely possible that non-hetero fundies may come to a similar conclusion re the seeming clash between their sexuality and their religion.

My partner was a gay Fundy, and I can promise you, NONE of the churches she went to were OK with this.  None.  Her choices were marry a man (once she had a baby sex wouldn't be important anyway, she was told) or live alone.

There's nothing to say Richard Coles is sexual - he is just as likely to be asexual as anything else.  But saying to sexual people "oh it's fine, you can live together, just never kiss, and be careful about hugging each other because it might be temptation, and definitely NO SEX EVER" is just cruel.  And TBH, saying "Oh well, the gays can just not have sex" sounds bizarrely blasé, as if it's that easy not to be sexual with someone you love and are attracted to.

For what it's like being a sexual person living in a non-sexual marriage, I recommend Bonnie's blog, as discussed in the Fundy babies thread.

http://www.aknottedlife.com

She's a Catholic who, with her husband, don't believe in contraception, but every time they've tried NFP/FAM, they've ended up pregnant, as they're both incredibly fertile.  They have 7 kids, who they love, but she's suffered with Post Natal Depression after each birth, and they struggle financially.  So they have all the incentive in the world to not be sexual, and yet she still really hats and suffers when they have to live a celibate life, because for sexual people who want to have sex, it is REALLY hard to live together as a couple and have to keep abstaining from pretty much every touch. 

http://www.aknottedlife.com/2012/04/no-sex-for-months.html

http://www.aknottedlife.com/2013/02/kids-are-great-and-no-sex-for-months.html

http://www.aknottedlife.com/2012/04/so-we-all-in-this-together.html

My cousin weighed almost 10 pounds and was 23 1/2 inches long.   He was a c-section baby.   The hospital policy was that all c-section babies have to go in an incubator for 24 hours.   He barely fit!  He is now 6 foot 3

I was 9lbs 8oz and delivered via c-section. I was in an incubator even though I was healthy. My mother said that my grandfather thought something was wrong with me until the doctor explained the policy.

We think my grandmother must have had undiagnosed GD (probably not uncommon 65 years ago) because my dad was born weighing over 10lbs - and with a broken collar bone from all the tugging the dr had to do. Poor Nan.

She later developed type 2 diabetes, so GD is probably a good assumption.

Denying pre-natal care to a pregnant woman is unethical and immoral. I don't care if the mother was advised to not get pregnant again.

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

One SAHD blogger I follow qualified her reading books by a gay author (E.M. Forster) by assuring us that he remained a bachelor, never acting on the "passions" he "struggled" with (give me a fucking break!)

Take it Maurice was not one of the Forster books she read.

My two giant babies? Well, they are both on the shortish side and slim...during their teens they were almost too thin, but all muscle.  So those 95th percentiles didn't last very long.  Lol

The congratulatory videos are coming while we were discussing the lack of videos, coincidence? I don't think so. Hi Duggars, Dillards, and Voulos!

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived