IGNORED

Dillards 33: Now Including Samuel

Coconut Flan

There has been more JB and Michelle this season too, so I'm wondering if TLC wants to go back to the older format. Slowly but surely. I hope not but I'm suspecting there may be too much Josh in the birth special for him to be a talking ball of light. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh at Josh being in the video.

I laughed so hard at JB and Michelle's video, the only thing they could say is that Samuel was tall lol.

Look, I am glad if they are just taking their time with privacy. But knowing what we know about how they operate the fact that there is no picture of Samuel except that one hooked up to oxygen is odd to me.  They were posting pictures of Josie in the NICU so premature. Do you suppose they can't? A People magazine deal? 

1 hour ago, sawasdee said:

Did you notice that Michael was 'a little man', but Mackynzie was 'a little girl'?  Let's start the denigration and disempowerment early...

Unfortunately that is not just a fundie thing. My sister just recently had a baby boy and all throughout her pregnancy she referred to him as "lil man". When she was pregnant with her daughter it was "baby girl".  I've seen others on facebook refer to their baby boys as lil or little man. It drives me bonkers. 

4 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Unfortunately that is not just a fundie thing. My sister just recently had a baby boy and all throughout her pregnancy she referred to him as "lil man". When she was pregnant with her daughter it was "baby girl".  I've seen others on facebook refer to their baby boys as lil or little man. It drives me bonkers. 

I don't know why, but "little man" drives me nuts too. It's like the term "little boy" no longer exists but grown women are called "girls." It bothers me. "Lil man" in my opinion is not cute or original. Bleh. 

3 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I just love Anna's girls. They are so cute. 

Even as a toddler Kynzie was so smart and adorable.

I know how you feel. I'm a big sucker for Meredith.  What a shame that these smart little girls will end up having their independence and intelligence stifled right out of them by their idiot parents and this bullshit cult.  

9 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Oh no, i'm spreading the problem to the feline world!  We currently refer to our male toddler felines both as "little man" and currently have a female foster kitten we are referring to as "baby girl". 

I'll give myself a pass considering our little men are two and two and a half, and foster kitty is probably 6-7 weeks. 

Also I realize we may be weird for treating our felines as our biological children....I'll go back to my kitty corner right meow #catpuns :wink-kitty:

2 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Oh no, i'm spreading the problem to the feline world!  We currently refer to our male toddler felines both as "little man" and currently have a female foster kitten we are referring to as "baby girl". 

I'll give myself a pass considering our little men are two and two and a half, and foster kitty is probably 6-7 weeks. 

Also I realize we may be weird for treating our felines as our biological children....I'll go back to my kitty corner right meow #catpuns :wink-kitty:

You definitely get a pass on kitty nicknames. I've got 3 furballs at home and they get all kinds of nicknames- mostly cute plays on their own names or sizes but sometimes they are jerks and are called so accordingly. They are spoiled like children but I would never call my children the names I sometimes call my cats :pb_lol:

Do y'all go around calling people "lil women"?  Because that's got an odd ring to it thanks to the book, and also it's a bit of a mouthful.

I call my baby niece "Miss Ma'am".  I'll use little man, baby boy, baby girl, little lady for infants...but "little woman" or "lil woman" is just awkward to say.  It's difficult to articulate.  It's dangerously close to a classic book title (yes, the sequel is Little Men, but that's much less famous).  

Also, I think people use "little man" because "little boy" (and the word boy in general) has recently taken on a negative connotation and is often used as an insult or with an insulting tone.  People don't want to bring that near an infant they like.  

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Here's Josh & Anna's video:

Notice the girls are sitting on Anna's side of the couch.  Sorry, I recognize this is likely irrelevant but I just despise that pig.

2 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Notice the girls are sitting on Anna's side of the couch.

Actually that's the first thing I noticed. He's such a disgusting waste of oxygen.

I will say, those kids are pretty cute. Mackynzie is beautiful. She looks a lot like her cousin, I can't remember her name but Anna's sister Susannah's daughter.

How long after Izzy was born did we get a photo?  I'm starting to think this is really odd, just because its them.  I hope everything is alright and they let us know with more details soon.

I sometimes call LO little man, usually little one, or littlest boy.  I wouldn't call a girl little women, because of the book.  I'm not sure what I would call her.  I do call my puppy (who is older than the baby) baby girl or princess (she sits with her paws crossed and is a bit prissy). If I ever have a girl I may have to reevaluate.  I will also say I don't call women in the workplace women, generally I say ladies or use names.  I'm not sure why women sounds so odd to me as a way to address people, but it does. 

It's just horrifying to think about modesty and little kids being even considered. Like I've thought with any of the more physical activities the Duggar girls do in skirts, shorts are actually more modest for anything athletic. And little kids are going to run around. Or they should.

Josh really is able to front so well. He seems completely at ease and cheerful in the video. I'm sure that's how he managed to persuade his family that he was the godly family man even as he cheated on his wife and broke all his family values. And I'm sure that's how he's going to redeem himself. I guarantee he talks a good remorse game too and says all the right things. I just thought that he's kind of a like a used car salesman in being really fruendly but somehow untrustworthy - then remembered that he is a used car salesman. Face Palm.

Before my Westie died, I called him "my little man." Our new Wheaten terrier I call, "my floofy boy." Nothing wrong with my canine headship!

45 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Notice the girls are sitting on Anna's side of the couch.  Sorry, I recognize this is likely irrelevant but I just despise that pig.

I definitely noticed that too!

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Look, I am glad if they are just taking their time with privacy. But knowing what we know about how they operate the fact that there is no picture of Samuel except that one hooked up to oxygen is odd to me.  They were posting pictures of Josie in the NICU so premature. Do you suppose they can't? A People magazine deal? 

I'm not sure...did they have a people magazine deal with Izzy? There were cute baby photos + a family photo within 24 hours of Israel's birth...

Izzy1.png

Izzy2.png

2 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I'm not sure...did they have a people magazine deal with Izzy? There were cute baby photos + a family photo within 24 hours of Israel's birth...

Izzy1.png

Izzy2.png

That is what I thought, and what makes me concerned.  I know they haven't been as public about anything this time, so there is that.  I'm also a bit sad for Samuel that they have not seemed as enthused, its horrible being the younger sibling and knowing you weren't as anticipated.  I know its normal to some extent, and after 18 it would be hard to keep up with things, but after just 1 acting like you don't care at all is just so sad.  

5 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

That is what I thought, and what makes me concerned.  I know they haven't been as public about anything this time, so there is that.  I'm also a bit sad for Samuel that they have not seemed as enthused, its horrible being the younger sibling and knowing you weren't as anticipated.  I know its normal to some extent, and after 18 it would be hard to keep up with things, but after just 1 acting like you don't care at all is just so sad.  

Exactly! It really does go to show that you really never know how someone will take to parenthood until it happens to them. I've known people who didn't want kids, had one as an accident or because they felt like they "should", then fell absolutely in love with parenthood and had tons more (could def see Jessa and Ben as this type). I've also known people who were adamant they wanted dozens, had one child, and immediately changed their mind (maybe Jill?). Kids can be a LOT of work, especially more difficult kids, and not everyone has the right sort of makeup to excel in that situation.

Just now, bananabread said:

Exactly! It really does go to show that you really never know how someone will take to parenthood until it happens to them. I've known people who didn't want kids, had one as an accident or because they felt like they "should", then fell absolutely in love with parenthood and had tons more (could def see Jessa and Ben as this type). I've also known people who were adamant they wanted dozens, had one child, and immediately changed their mind (maybe Jill?). Kids can be a LOT of work, especially more difficult kids, and not everyone has the right sort of makeup to excel in that situation.

No, but you have to keep trying.  Parenthood is super hard.  I had pretty terrible PPD.  But you have to think of your kids.  But these are Duggars . . . 

As Duggars they also have a job of presenting themselves in a way where they can grift, I don't think this is helping with that either.  The longer this goes the more worried I get.  

It is possible they are trying to make us all worry so that they can get a better price on the special, people will watch to see what happened?  Are they smart enough for that?

2 hours ago, SadieJane said:

So josh and Anna did a congrats video, blah blah. I gagged when I watched it, as he is as gross as ever. I wish he would just stay gone out of the limelight. Keep Anna and peace out with the slime ball.

It didn't make me gag but I did snarl a few times...

Jill actually liked several posts on instagram, so we have a life signal from her there!

Just now, freejoy said:

Jill actually liked several posts on instagram, so we have a life signal from her there!

Is it just me or is this even odder?  Maybe they are holding out for a payday, People comes out on Thursdays, right?

22 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

It is possible they are trying to make us all worry so that they can get a better price on the special, people will watch to see what happened?  Are they smart enough for that?

Wouldn't "they" not be the ones to think of that/make that decision though? I would have thought they'd have PR people in charge of what to say when. But yes, this is all rather odd.

Ughhh! I cannot press play on that video, even seeing a still image of that scumbag makes me sick and/or ragey. 

I bet the leghumpers are all delighted that this sweet family is back from hiding.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived