IGNORED

Dillards 33: Now Including Samuel

Coconut Flan

Not a psychologist. I'm concerned that Jill was still so upset about the shower rack incident, even after she was home. I understand her fear when it happened. I'd be freaked out too if I thought someone was trying to break in. I just wouldn't expect the same level of fear weeks after the incident. Aside from Derrick, she has no one to talk to in SCA. The ladies who come for banana bread and Bible study, probably don't know enough English to be supportive. Jill may also not want to show "weakness" in front of them. I think she has to resolve some issues before she goes back. Maybe the lawsuit will keep her here a while.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Doesn't matter if she brought it on herself, or if the majority of the stress came through their own poor choices. It's still stress. The fact that they may have brought some of it on themselves doesn't change the fact that they could now make a good choice by taking deliberate and positive steps to minimize it.

Agreed stress is stress. Jilly-Muffin & D-wreck need to take ownership of their poor choices and make better decisions for the sake of their two children.  First step would be to stay in Arkansas,  D-wreck to find gainful employment, drop the reality show gig  and being a fake missionary.  IMHO, never going to happen 'cuz pride & ego and inability to soul search.

4 hours ago, calimojo said:

I want to clear something up about Gestational Diabetes and IDM (Infant of Diabetic mom). 

From what I remember when I took my Lamaze CBE course, non of the treatments for GD positively affect morbidity or mortality, and just place a lot of unnecessary dietary restrictions on moms.  If you can't treat something, then why identify it?  I likely haven't said it very well....This may explain it better:

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/gestational-diabetes-361/gestational-diabetes-emperor-has-no-clothes-henci-goer-39831/

As someone who recently delivered a 9 pounder early after being induced and spending almost 40 hours in labor, I feel for her. No GD, her blood sugar was fine after birth. My husband is 6' 5" but he was tiny at birth and I was 9 lbs 6 oz, which my doctor said was more likely to influence her size. Thankfully I didn't have to have a C section, but the vacuum delivery and resulting 4th degree tear sometimes makes me wish I had. Big babies are rough! I felt awful for weeks. It must be terrible to have a traumatic birth experience and not be able to cope with it (I'm guessing that taking drugs to help with PPD like I was able to do isn't something she will have access to)

22 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

The congratulatory videos are coming while we were discussing the lack of videos, coincidence? I don't think so. Hi Duggars, Dillards, and Voulos!

I agree!

I'm not convinced JinJer saying they want to meet Sam and will be praying is much on a scape of 1-10.  

Where is a pic of Isreal holding him?  Nothing else will quell my questions.

29 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

I'm not convinced JinJer saying they want to meet Sam and will be praying is much on a scape of 1-10.  

Where is a pic of Isreal holding him?  Nothing else will quell my questions.

Israel will not be allowed in NICU, if that is where Samuel still is.  The family photos won't appear for some days yet. We may be suprised though. 

All this talk that Jill may have had GD makes me nervous to have kids one day. I have type 1 diabetes and this is just a reminder that diabetics *tend* to have big babies...and I'm a tiny woman.

My son was born at 36 weeks (4 weeks early) after my water broke. I delivered him naturally no epidural though I begged for it when it was time to push.  He weighed in at a healthy 7 lbs 8 oz even though he was early.  He was born the Friday  of 4th of July weekend and my doctor kept trying to convince me to have an elective c section.  He had plans for the weekend and didn't want to wait for me to labor.  I wanted a completely different experience with my second pregnancy and decided to use midwives (CNM). I planned to have a hospital water birth and deliver naturally again.  My daughter had other plans.  I made it to 10 cm, pushed for two hours and my midwife finally called it and convinced me to have a c section once it was evident I wasn't making any progress.   My daughter was born 10 days early, weighed 10 lbs 2 ounces and was 22 1/2 inches long.  I passed my gestational diabetes screening with flying colors, just had very large babies.  

Maybe the other sibs don't like the Dullards enough to record congrats videos right away? :pb_lol:

I'll 'feel' for Jill if this time she wasn't a total moron. If she did try at home and went to the hospital at a reasonable point,  that's one thing. If she was home, knew Sam was stressed ala repeat of Izzy and insisted on doing it 'her' way and the result was putting Sam at risk for whatever was/is going on with him,  then I feel no sympathy at all. We'll see when the story breaks. 

Hello Duggar spies!! You know, you might want to be a little less obvious next time. 

OH and I got my first post deleted from DFO! Some leghumper was going on about how Jill is a midwife and she knows what she's doing. So me and another poster commented on how she's not and the reasons why, including how she didn't sit for the state exam and links to the various midwife registries where Jill's name is not listed. Within an hour, Poof! Gone!

1 hour ago, Toomuchtimeonmyhands said:

From what I remember when I took my Lamaze CBE course, non of the treatments for GD positively affect morbidity or mortality, and just place a lot of unnecessary dietary restrictions on moms.  If you can't treat something, then why identify it?  I likely haven't said it very well....This may explain it better:

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/gestational-diabetes-361/gestational-diabetes-emperor-has-no-clothes-henci-goer-39831/

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when I was 25 weeks pregnant. I just barely failed my 3 hour glucose test. I was extremely strict about sticking to the diet and exercising everyday. My daughter was born the day after my due date weighing 6lbs 15oz. She had no blood sugar issues.

My OBGYN was very to the point in telling me that she had witnessed stillborns to mothers with undiagnosed/uncontrolled diabetes. Even if there was a very slim chance that anything would go wrong with my pregnancy, adhering to unnecessary dietary restrictions was a small price to pay for piece of mind. 

^^ That was me with the youngest Wolfie. Just barely failed my one hour, and instead of doing the 3 hour I just did the GD diet and checked my sugar regularly. Kept a journal for a few weeks so the doc was cool with not doing any more interventions. He was just over 38 weeks and 6lb 13oz.

1 hour ago, MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou said:

All this talk that Jill may have had GD makes me nervous to have kids one day. I have type 1 diabetes and this is just a reminder that diabetics *tend* to have big babies...and I'm a tiny woman.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  A cousin of mine who has diabetes has had 2 children and as long as you follow the doctor's instructions and are good about watching what you eat and checking you blood sugar, everything should be fine.  The only more abnormal thing is that on her due date she was induced if she had not already had the baby to prevent it from getting too big.  It seems like this is pretty typical for women with diabetes.  

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Maybe the other sibs don't like the Dullards enough to record congrats videos right away? :pb_lol:

Not even Buddy JoyJoy? Hell, Benessa made a video celebrating Jill and Derick's #babymoon a couple of weeks ago, but no congratulatory video? Weird for Duggars...

Just popping in to say, I know I read here too much when I see Jill and Derek news out in the world and I forget their last name isn't actually Dullard. :tw_blush:

We already know what those videos would say anyways.

"We're so happy for y'all" 

"God"

etc.

When Blackberrykid1 was born, emergency  csection, she was wedged in diagonally. She was 8.5 lb and 23 !! Freaking inches long. I am 4 '10"  anyway when she was in the nursery, there were 3 sets of twins, all about 4 or 5 pounds. I was at the window, looking at all the babies, listening to the grandmas and aunties cooing over the babies, when I heard a woman gasp, "my god! Look at the BIG one!"

30 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  A cousin of mine who has diabetes has had 2 children and as long as you follow the doctor's instructions and are good about watching what you eat and checking you blood sugar, everything should be fine.  The only more abnormal thing is that on her due date she was induced if she had not already had the baby to prevent it from getting too big.  It seems like this is pretty typical for women with diabetes.  

I worry as I'm in plenty of online support groups and there's posts all the time of huge babies born premature. Someone posted today about her newborn who was born at 32 weeks and it looked full term. I have a good doctor, (not to brag, but she's one of the best endocrinologists in the country), but she's probably going to retire in the next few years. 

I don't know all the ins and outs, but this story I heard on NPR last week seems relative to our gestational diabetes discussion. It disturbed me that maternal deaths have increased in my country, while they are decreasing in others (including less affluent ones). In the U.S., "preeclampsia  still accounts for about 8 percent of maternal deaths— 50 to 70 women a year." Preeclampsia is one of the severe complications that can come from gestational diabetes. The way some doctors approach it may simply not be the best. The audio on this one is really worth a listen. Just throwing that out there! http://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/527806002/focus-on-infants-during-childbirth-leaves-u-s-moms-in-danger

34 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

Yes, I have a good friend with type 1 who is currently expecting. She does have to go to a "high-risk" doctor, but other than her normal blood sugar management, the only unusual thing she has been told is that they likely will induce her a few weeks early to avoid complications of a giant baby. She said the doctor told that many women with type 1 have 14 pound babies!

1 minute ago, luxfilia said:

Yes, I have a good friend with type 1 who is currently expecting. She does have to go to a "high-risk" doctor, but other than her normal blood sugar management, the only unusual thing she has been told is that they likely will induce her a few weeks early to avoid complications of a giant baby. She said the doctor told that many women with type 1 have 14 pound babies!

My type 1 self is suddenly terrified and just thinking "ouch". 14 pounds?? That's insane!

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived