IGNORED

Dillards 33: Now Including Samuel

Coconut Flan

Hormones are used to treat incredibly painful conditions like endometriosis (where the endometrial lining grows outside the uterus, usually in the pelvic cavity). They try and remove it via laparoscopy but it often  comes back or fails to treat the pain. So hormones that induce menopause are used, or progestin containing drugs. These all make you infertile while you take them. I guess the Duggar girls would not be allowed to take this kind of treatment? 

Regular pain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs, antidepressants, and some narcotics can cause birth defects or withdrawal complications, so would they be banned from that treatment too? 

My Ob-gyn says medical marijuana is actually one of the safest painkillers during pregnancy- but the Duggars would never go for that either. 

Ugh I wonder how they cope with any kind of women's health issue that can affect fertility?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have skimmed this thread and read several theories on why there is no social media/People promotion of this latest D grandchild.... and some of them seem to be way in the deep end of wild speculation.

All I can think of is, perhaps JBob is still negotiating for some money... after so many births, is there still really a market/interest?!

Second thought: the parents really don't want to go there with media.

That is all I have.

(Adding I never claimed to be the brain trust here, and perhaps there is yet another answer of what has taken place.....)

3 hours ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

I thought you were passionate about fast muscle cars.  Do I have you confused with someone else?  I'm so sorry about your childhood, that is heartbreaking. 

I'm about as passionate as I can get about cars. However, that was something that attempts were made to beat that out of me too because it wasn't feminine. Being a geek, a car freak, an engineering-type was a great source of disappointment to the mother. She let me know about that every damn chance she got. The way I dressed (jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes or boots), grease under my fingernails (well hell, how can you NOT get grease under your nails when you're popping off valve covers). I was immediately told I was a lesbian, a "bull dyke", would never, ever attract a man because I walked like a guy. Any compliment I got from anyone if she was around, she'd turn it around to her. You have no idea how glad I am she's dead. 

2 hours ago, missegeno said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can't tell you how much I appreciate this post. I've been having a lot of trouble lately ruminating on the @Georgianacomment about taking up emotional space (rough time regardless, it just added a new level of guilt to what I've been going through). It was a perspective that I hadn't realized that people have and made me feel really bad and I kept thinking over times that I might have made people feel that way. I couldn't articulate it, I was just ashamed and embarrassed that I had done such a horrible thing to people I care so much about. It wasn't until I read your post that I felt like not an awful person and that my experience is valid.

We are losing one of our lovely pets this morning* and reading these posts the past few days meant I was able to tell my teenagers that even though I am crying and crying, they don't need to worry about me, it's what I do and I'm just going to get on with it, they don't need to make me feel better. I cry at absolutely everything and I hadn't actually considered before how that might make other people feel. I love FJ for bringing so many perspectives on life!

*Our lovely Rosie-degu is slipping away peacefully with her sister snuggled up looking after her. :-(

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Removal of the uterus does not cause menopause. Removal of the ovaries does. I know this first-hand, as I had a hysterectomy at 33 and an oophorectomy at 39. 

I had one after my daughter via C Section due to internal issues.  They took my uterus and tubes but left the ovaries to try to prevent menopause in my 30s.  I don't have my period but my hormones seem to still be premenopausal.

3 hours ago, missegeno said:

I cry far too often, and it makes me feel terrible (and cry more) to realize that it might do that to other people. I can't help it and wish I could keep it private. I don't want anyone to stifle their emotions because I am crying, I don't want anyone to feel like they need to tend to me. Cry with me or don't cry, whatever you like. It will only make me cry more if you let me be a hindrance. That is the last thing I want.

THIS X1000, especially because when I was growing up, I never cried. I think it was both because I didn't have time and because I had other children to take care of, who I didn't want to know things were bad/sad/scary. Also, I didn't necessarily know all the time what my feelings were or why except towards the end or even know that things were bad/sad/scary. So, I imagine I looked very stoic, very mamabear. I also knew I HAD to and was expected to hold my feelings in although it wasn't necessarily worded in that way although I DID know to smile. (It's all so confusing to me now I have no idea how I made it so long looking so good/playing the "right" part correctly).

Now, I cry all the time. Many times it's when I see TV shows about happy families. I can deal with the scary and sad TV shows, but show me a happy one at night and I won't sleep. I also don't tend to cry about big things until a small thing happens. I can compartmentalize the huge things without even knowing it, but then I'll be tired and accidentally kick a cat bowl and water will spill on the floor and I'll be a mess and call out from work because I'm frantic and having a panic attack and need a nap and can't take one and can't stop crying (and have to call a therapist). Now that I have time to cry and the emotional space to do so, it happens far too often and if I even think it's a possibility, I'll warn people in advance so they can leave if it's better for them. I would never, ever want to take up someone else's emotional space by crying, especially when I'm sobbing about something fictionally happy.

Thank you, @missegeno!

3 hours ago, helenprev said:

*Our lovely Rosie-degu is slipping away peacefully with her sister snuggled up looking after her. :-(

Hugs. I know how hard it is. :hug:

On crying a lot/not crying a lot: everyone expresses emotions in different ways; do what works for you. I'm sort of a moderate/last-straw crier. I tend to bottle things up until something (minor or major) makes me lose it. I didn't cry much when I got the news that my grandfather died, but the day before the memorial service, I had an argument with my sister about a photo collage we were making to display at the service, and then I became a total mess. Arguing with my sister, the enormity of my grandfather never coming back, the guilt that I was so far away while he was dying, all of it just sort of crashed on me at once. I also cried at the end of Furious 7, though, so take of that what you will.

9 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

... Jill should find her contentment with having a small family.

Well that's the next book to be released:

Jill & Jana: Finding Contentment

How to continue being a fundy when life gets in the way

8 hours ago, bella8050 said:

*Snip*

General thought/question on if a young fundie woman had a hysterectomy - would they be allowed to take hormone treatments to deal with the menopause? Sadly I feel like it would be a "no." 

My friend had a hysterectomy about 6 months ago, and they left her ovaries so she would not have to deal with menopause.  (I believe I got the reasoning right - but maybe a pro can verify?)  That was my first question to her when she was telling me about needing one at such a young age.  She's 35 with 2 kids and loving life with no periods now!

6 hours ago, helenprev said:

Hugs for you during this difficult time. It is hard.

6 hours ago, helenprev said:

Sorry for your loss!

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived