IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

I'm sure this has been covered over and over but I would be able to remember 17 birthdays (remember she has two sets of twins). 

I can remember most of my cousins birthdays and I'm not even close with some of them. You would think you could try and remember the birthdays of the people you gave birth to. 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/21/2017 at 9:12 AM, choralcrusader8613 said:

Last thread here:

Title is from @BadMurphy noticing the glare hiding Josh from view on the show. TLC, we know he was there, so you might as well be honest about it.

This last episode was two hours of crap we already saw, and it was even more boring the second time around. Pretty sure at this point that the network's trying to bore us all to death. Make it stop, TLC!

Although as a DYIer and crafter I did enjoy seeing  the big floral V being made.  Other than that it was boring.

On 2/21/2017 at 11:30 AM, Carm_88 said:

Can I just say that I cringed when I saw that Derick had the mic to talk to Jinger and Jeremy. Ugh. Noooo. Ben might be a bit awkward but I feel as though he at least cared what he was saying. Derick was just spouting shit. 

I cringe hearing Derik talk.  To me it sounds like he is talking with a full mouth.  I know it is probably all the hardware he has in there so I do give him a bit of a pass but I have noticed Jill has taken to talking like him.  I have a hard time understanding them.  Then put Ben in the conversation sounding like he needs to blow his nose and it is like fingernails in a chalkboard.  I never thought I would say this but I would rather hear Jessa talk.  LOL

On February 21, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Carm_88 said:

Can I just say that I cringed when I saw that Derick had the mic to talk to Jinger and Jeremy. Ugh. Noooo. Ben might be a bit awkward but I feel as though he at least cared what he was saying. Derick was just spouting shit. 

Why did they feel the need to grab a mic and spout off their load of crap in front of everyone In the first place? Couldn't they have pulled them aside later or even written those thoughts in a card? It was so obviously for attention. And yes, Derrick is becoming a holier than thou a hole.

2 minutes ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

Why did they feel the need to grab a mic and spout off their load of crap in front of everyone? Couldn't they have pulled them aside later or even written those thoughts in a card? It was so obviously for attention.

Just like D-wreck grabbing Jill and dipping her as Jeremy and Jinger walked out. Like what the hell? 

On 2/24/2017 at 5:37 PM, candygirl200413 said:

I also love the author's use of the word sex pest to describe Josh

I love this more than I should. I am going to try to work it into conversation tomorrow. Organically...

I've always viewed Michelle as someone who has been truly broken by a cult. Like they talk about how stallions are broken. Basically their spirit and free will breaks and they reach a point where it just makes more sense to follow the directions of their trainer and they become compliant to their trainer's will. That's how I view michelle and the laundry room was her breaking point. She could have given up, lost her mind, left, renounced the lifestyle, but instead that was the moment she double downed. She completely submitted and gave in to the cult and has no free will or spirit left. The rules of the cult are the principles that have saved her (through happenstance with tv show money and sister moms but I'm sure it feels like "God"). Her crazy eyes remind me of the crazy eyes you see in military people who have been through a different type of trauma and being broken but same idea. The blank stare with nothing behind it. The follow the rules and nothing else matters stare.  
Not defending her but I don't think she started out this way. I'm not sure she's capable of change or challenging her beliefs at this point, but I associate that with trauma and the cult offering her a semblance of order and "protection" and hope. 

What was the whole laundry room incident? I have seen it referenced a couple times here.

Just now, PumaLover said:

What was the whole laundry room incident? I have seen it referenced a couple times here.

Essentially, Michelle was in the thick of having all little kids. She was up late one night doing laundry, and she details the story here:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/note-to-mothers

On 2/23/2017 at 9:41 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

So interesting seeing Jinger in a near sleeveless dress, or when any fundies get married and can suddenly have looser clothing restrictions. Pretty sure whenever the fundie girls have explained modest wedding dress apparel, or modest apparel in general, they claim that it's what they feel most comfortable in. So let's say Jinger liked her lace sleeves and high neckline because that's what she feels most comfortable in. Does this mean she is now uncomfortable in this new honeymoon dress? Was she lying about comfort being why they dress modestly, or is their comfort level strictly dependent upon what their headship says they are comfortable in? (not actual questions).

It makes me so mad! I would say in general I have been slower over the past decade to embrace my inner feminist. Now, if my husband politely asks me to do something for him (nothing crazy of course, just like - hey can you please pass me my phone?) I stand up and shout "I AM AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN AND I DON'T TAKE NO SH!T FROM NO ONE!" and then I smile and hand him his phone.

I grew up pretty conservative, but not fundy, and chose to dress more modestly than my parents required, and particularly tended to prefer turtlenecks.    Now, after nursing my third child, for a total of 54 months and counting now between the three, I can say YES, what you are comfortable with changes ... but I still wear something to cover my hiney if I'm in leggings, add shorts under a knee length skirt for chasing-kids-on-playground type days, etc...

I work in a daycare- our infant room is $223/wk, and we're about midrange. It lowers as the child gets older, of course. Our schoolage program is $99/wk for before and after care. During the summer and school vacations, it's $165.

We have a subsidized childcare option for super low income parents (welfare, i guess). you pay a co-pay based on family size and income, and they cover the rest. It is hard to get onto, there is always a waiting list, and they completely froze for about 4 months at the end of last year. It's also a hassle to recertify every few months (varies,although i don't know why), because they won't  use any of your previous documents, so you have to send in copies of birth certificates, and basically your life on paper,  every time. I was on it for a couple of years , and while I was thankful to have it, I was so happy when my son got old enough, and my employee discount got high enough, that it equaled out.

The other option, besides parents, is cheap, unlicensed, iffy, home daycares for about $100/wk. I know they're not all bad, but you cant't really check for problems if they aren't licensed.

Essentially, Michelle was in the thick of having all little kids. She was up late one night doing laundry, and she details the story here:
http://www.duggarfamily.com/note-to-mothers

Thank you for that. People who use birth control don't have that problem. Just saying!

Hmm. What would have happened if the piano teacher hadn't stepped in? Would M finally say no more blessings JB, get yourself fixed? Would she have decided that the kids could wear the same clothes for a week, since they weren't going to school? She was lucky (or maybe not.)

On 23. februar 2017 at 7:08 AM, SweetFellowshipper said:

I actually always thought Michelle was the one who led JB into it and he went along because he was already quite religious but mostly because he was obsessed with her. 

Thoughts? 

I definitely think that Michelle was the strongest advocate of the fund-lifestyle. I can't put my finger on it, but Michelle definitely comes off as the most conservative of the pair. I've noticed that on the show she's the one that explain and repeat their rules the most (e.g. modesty, courting). The most classical example is how he in their book answered the question about wether they were going to have more children with "I'd love to, but I've always left it up to Michelle" while Michelle's answer was to leave it up to God. To my mind that says a lot about their relationship: Michelle follows God and JB follows Michelle. 

As to why Michelle started becoming a fundie, I have no idea. My guess is that it has something to do with her insecurities as an adolescent. She has admitted to being bulimic and refers often to mistakes she has made with dressing "fraudulently" and kissing boys. When she miscarried her second son she became very guilty and decided to go off birth control and  protect her own kids from making her mistakes by keeping them away from school and raising them to please the lord, not other people. 

In any case, once you read their book it becomes clear that they never started as a fundie family: they were on the pill, had debt and Michelle actually worked a lot outside the home. 

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Hmm. What would have happened if the piano teacher hadn't stepped in? Would M finally say no more blessings JB, get yourself fixed? Would she have decided that the kids could wear the same clothes for a week, since they weren't going to school? She was lucky (or maybe not.)

Nothing lucky about it. If you're a good christian and pray the right way Jesus will provide. :irony:

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Just like D-wreck grabbing Jill and dipping her as Jeremy and Jinger walked out. Like what the hell? 

Wait, he did THAT?  Just like Josh did to Anna at Pecan Thief's wedding. 

As another poster pointed out in Dullard thread, he's been Duggared.  But what is with this family that they do not get what goes for inappropriate attention seeking behavior.   Especially at a wedding and the wedding of their own family member.

Jinger, please stay away from your family.  If your Social Media Radio Silence is indicative of that, please continue doing it.

2 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Wait, he did THAT?  Just like Josh did to Anna at Pecan Thief's wedding. 

As another poster pointed out in Dullard thread, he's been Duggared.  But what is with this family that they do not get what goes for inappropriate attention seeking behavior.   Especially at a wedding and the wedding of their own family member.

Jinger, please stay away from your family.  If your Social Media Radio Silence is indicative of that, please continue doing it.

Oh yes! He grabbed her as she was walking out and dipped her. Totally Duggared! 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh yes! He grabbed her as she was walking out and dipped her. Totally Duggared! 

Gah!  That's exactly what Josh did.  And Derick was not in the picture at the time, he came along much later, so he had to have gotten the idea somewhere....hmmmm wonder where that could be from?

Also want to clarify, I don't watch the episodes, I can't stand them for more than a minute so prefer to get the highlights (or is it lowlights?) here.   Kudos to all who watch....you are made of stronger stuff than I am. 

Derick did that at Jessa's wedding as well, if I remember correctly.

Ok, found a video and wow, it's worse than I thought.  He runs across the front of the church, grabs his wife by the arm while the groomsman is standing there like wtf.   

Not only rude but his brother-in-law should be the last person in the world he would want to emulate.  And now he's done it twice.

I am afraid that Derick totally fits into this family.  A shame as one would think he would know better but he's all in now.

I'm trying to catch up. I have some thoughts:

1. I think TLC wanted to save the wedding for this season, but people  complained, and the aired it last season. A couple on "Vanderpump Rules" got married last August and the wedding won't air until March. That how reality tv is. I think we  complain because we follow the Duggars(and Bates) so closely.

2. I was surprised to learn the season finale will air tomorrow. TLC originally said there would be 11 episodes.  Are they teasing an announcement?

10 hours ago, shiverful said:

The most classical example is how he in their book answered the question about wether they were going to have more children with "I'd love to, but I've always left it up to Michelle" 

I've always interpreted this as she could say no to sex  (sort of like NFP)  if she wanted fewer babies. So it's his way of saying I'm not a beast, I don't force myself on her. But the fact they had loads of babies means he's irresistible. Maybe that's why she's so joyfully available. :brainbleach:

20 minutes ago, Kira said:

I'm trying to catch up. I have some thoughts:

1. I think TLC wanted to save the wedding for this season, but people were complained, and the aired it last season. A couple on "Vanderpump Rules" got married last August and the wedding won't air until March. That how reality tv is. I think we  complain because we follow the Duggars(and Bates) so closely.

2. I was surprised to learn the season finale will air tomorrow. TLC originally said there would be 11 episodes.  Are they teasing an announcement?

Tomorrow can't be the season finale. Are you sure you heard right? Last season had 11 episodes (12 if you count Jinger's wedding) and we still haven't seen Joy's courtship or Jinger's honeymoon.

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Tomorrow can't be the season finale. Are you sure you heard right? Last season had 11 episodes (12 if you count Jinger's wedding) and we still haven't seen Joy's courtship or Jinger's honeymoon.

That's what I heard in the ad I saw a couple of days ago. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived