IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

On 2/23/2017 at 7:41 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

So interesting seeing Jinger in a near sleeveless dress, or when any fundies get married and can suddenly have looser clothing restrictions. Pretty sure whenever the fundie girls have explained modest wedding dress apparel, or modest apparel in general, they claim that it's what they feel most comfortable in. So let's say Jinger liked her lace sleeves and high neckline because that's what she feels most comfortable in. Does this mean she is now uncomfortable in this new honeymoon dress? Was she lying about comfort being why they dress modestly, or is their comfort level strictly dependent upon what their headship says they are comfortable in? (not actual questions).

It makes me so mad! I would say in general I have been slower over the past decade to embrace my inner feminist. Now, if my husband politely asks me to do something for him (nothing crazy of course, just like - hey can you please pass me my phone?) I stand up and shout "I AM AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN AND I DON'T TAKE NO SH!T FROM NO ONE!" and then I smile and hand him his phone.

I would loveeeeeeee Jill to say this to Derick :D

I think they are more comfortable in what they wear because it's UNCOMFORTABLE WEARING ANYTHING ELSE AROUND MUMSY AND DADDY.

The real test would be if she is now comfortable wearing the new wardrobe in front of the Bobblehead and the Egg Donor.   

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/25/2017 at 1:53 PM, calimojo said:

I have seen that scene a few times and each time I see it differently.  At first, I just thought she was over dramatizing it for the show.  Then another time, I really felt like Michelle was a zealot in their courtship rules and was truly shocked.  Another time, I felt like she was truly alarmed and looked at JB to see his response because she was almost fearful that he would melt down, but when he more or less shrugged it off, she seemed to relax. 

Later with Jeremy and Jinger, after the proposal,  I felt like she was minimizing their pushing of the boundaries of the courtship rules to JB when he asked.  She sort of smiled, shrugged and said something about it is hard to keep two magnets apart, or something.    She didn't seem nearly as bothered by the physical affection that Jeremy and Jinger showed, compared to JB. 

So I don't know what to think.  Could it be that Michelle herself has changed?  Could it be that she is having a realization that some aspects of their control over adult children is wrong.  Who knows?

Maybe it depends on how much she has taken for meds?    

On 26.02.2017 at 10:00 PM, Galbin said:

*I have a degree and MSc in Psychology, and have studied many personality systems over the years. IME, Fisher’s is without a doubt the most accurate. I imagine this is because it is a biologically based system, in that each of the four personality types are identified by which neurochemicals and hormones are most active in the brain. 

https://theanatomyoflove.com/relationship-quizzes/helen-fishers-personality-test/

Thanks for this test @Galbin! Super interesting! I was once very interested in personality types, MBTI & Enneagram & the SLOAN, all that stuff, although after some time I realized they aren't too useful for me, I spent days doing different tests and comparing results and trying to push myself into frames of one type, not to mention the fact that how I see myself (or would like to) and how I really am differs so much. Anyway, I got 71% negotiator and the rest of the types far far behind... Not very suprising, considering I'm almost sure I'm MBTI's INFx (the J/P difference is too hard for me to crack and I used to identify with both INFP & INFJ depending on the description I found :P ).

Man, I really need to start studying & here I am on FJ procrastinating :my_rolleyes:

EDIT: thanks, FJers, now instead of doing any work I'm doing personality tests again... just great :my_biggrin:

EDIT2: OMG I might be the Enneagram 9, how could I miss that, f**k university, I need go down this road of self-awareness... oh myyyyy

I took the test too and I'm a Builder

Your Primary personality type is Builder.

BUILDERS are pillars of society. Most likely highly expressive of the serotonin system in the brain, they are traditional and conventional, as well as cautious, calm and often social. These men and women like to build networks; community and family are important to them. They make good managers because they are orderly, conscientious, thorough and loyal. And they respect rules and like schedules. Builders seek a stable and predictable team player, someone who shares their fidelity to family and tradition. They take courtship seriously, too. Builders don’t choose a partner impulsively. They believe in good manners, old-fashioned courtesy, punctuality and well-arranged schedules. Builders tend to think concretely; they are literal; they like and trust facts. So on a date, a Builder is likely to engage in tangible conversations - about food, travel, sports, the weather, TV programs and/or movies. They are often good at “small talk,” short conversations on concrete topics. They can be very modest when discussing their achievements. And they tend to take the opinions of their friends and relatives seriously

Just 5 points above being a Negotiator 

37 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

... & here I am on FJ procrastinating :my_rolleyes:

Ehm...check!

Great test though, I am a negotiator followed by an explorer. 

Your score on the Explorer scale is 29 out of a possible 42, or 69%.

Your score on the Builder scale is 27 out of a possible 42, or 64%.

Your score on the Director scale is 21 out of a possible 42, or 50%.

Your score on the Negotiator scale is 35 out of a possible 42, or 83%.

I took the test. All of my numbers are quite close. (58% for a high and 44% for a low)

I'm a builder with lots of explorer tendencies as well.

The builder fits me perfectly.

7 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

I just took the test, and apparently I'm an explorer/negotiator. Don't know exactly what to make of that, but it fits pretty well. 

Me too!

Also, I have no idea what it means, and not curious enough to delve deeper.

Apparently I'm not particularly strongly anything. It made me do a tie-breaker and came up with Negotiator (Negotiator and Director were both 60% before the tiebreaker).

Your score on the Explorer scale is 24 out of a possible high score of 48, or 50%.

Your score on the Builder scale is 27 out of a possible 48, or 56%.

Your score on the Director scale is 30 out of a possible 48, or 63%.

Your score on the Negotiator scale is 31 out of a possible 48, or 65%.

I got Director/ Negotiator:  

Your Primary personality type is Director.

DIRECTORS shoot for the stars. These men (and women) express traits linked with the testosterone system in the brain. They tend to excel at analytical and strategic thinking. They are also direct, decisive, exacting and tough minded. Directors are good at what scientists call “rule-based systems,” aptitudes such as higher math, mechanics, computers, engineering and/or music. And they are often competitive, as well as skeptical and emotionally contained. Directors approach dating and relationships the same way they approach their other interests, by rationally analyzing their hopes, needs and intentions. Foremost they seek a partner who shares their goals, as well as someone who is eager to exchange ideas, build theories and talk about science, philosophy, history or whatever interests them. To balance out their forthright style and tendency to make decisions quickly, Directors tend to gravitate to partners who weigh alternatives, listen actively, handle conflicts deftly and have other well-honed social skills. Because they analyze their own emotions, as well as hide them, Directors tend to seek mates who are emotionally expressive. Because they have difficulty dealing with “controlling” people, they tend to be attracted to those who are flexible, even indecisive. Thus they often gravitate to Negotiators who have the empathy and emotional complexity to handle their forceful personalities. 

Among Directors, opposites attract, like Negotiators.

I also got 0% on Explorer :-).  Although maybe I should retake.. I started the test last night but didn't finish until this morning so perhaps it went in as a blank page or something.  BTW  I have a phd in physics so I guess this isn't too far off... 

Speaking of tonight's show...I know Buffy or someone will recap it, but has anyone heard from Buzzard? I assume Baby Buzzard has hatched...I just hope they are both doing well.

19 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I also got 0% on Explorer :-).  Although maybe I should retake.. I started the test last night but didn't finish until this morning so perhaps it went in as a blank page or something.  BTW  I have a phd in physics so I guess this isn't too far off... 

Well, explorers are all about spontaneity, adventure, risk etc. Good old dopamine. So I would suspect that you are indeed low on that scale. 

19 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Well, explorers are all about spontaneity, adventure, risk etc. Good old dopamine. So I would suspect that you are indeed low on that scale. 

6 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

Speaking of tonight's show...I know Buffy or someone will recap it, but has anyone heard from Buzzard? I assume Baby Buzzard has hatched...I just hope they are both doing well.

@Buzzard and baby are doing just fine. :) Buzzard was planning on doing the recap, the last I heard.

On 2/25/2017 at 7:34 PM, Nikedagain? said:

I love this more than I should. I am going to try to work it into conversation tomorrow. Organically...

Taking one for the team so we don't have to. :my_heart:

You can read about Mama Buzzards experience in the Pregnant and Parenting Thread in AYTFJ section. I don't know how to link it....sorry.

ETA: And see his beautiful little face.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I took the test. All of my numbers are quite close. (58% for a high and 44% for a low)

I'm a builder with lots of explorer tendencies as well.

The builder fits me perfectly.

it says i am a very high builder 

1 hour ago, pamplemousse said:

I'm here and I have no idea what you people are talking about! I havent had time to read the thread.  I'm going to try my best to get through the episode but there is a 6 pound hatchling in a rock n play that may cancel my plans.

I know this might be weird coming from a stranger on the internet but @Buzzard you're awesome for even attempting to do this episode with a new hatchling! Much love and hugs to you all, hope everything is going all right for you guys!

1 minute ago, cptbailey said:

Long tunic over leggings?? I like.

I was just about to mention that but you beat me to it. I was a little surprised, but I like it

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived