IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

On 2/21/2017 at 11:48 AM, MoonFace said:

Just watching this morning. 

Anyone else catch that during the shower when they were doing the games that MEchelle said that she doesn't know all the birthdates of her own kids?   

Such a devoted mother........:tw_anguished:

I didn't see the show, but I have three and stumble around trying to come up with the right one when I cell the pediatrician plus my hubby's to verify insurance (through his employer).   

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB has only 1 sibling, Deanna, Amy's mother. Grandpa Duggar flat out said in an episode of 17 KAC women shouldn't be having so many kids because it wasn't good for their. But, he did love his kids and grandchildren.

I couldn't find if anyone had touched in this yet. Did anyone notice the not so sidehug hug between Jeremy and Joy? It would have been completely normal in other contexts, but with the Duggars it struck me as surprising...

4 hours ago, Queen said:

Some politicians in my country are proposing a law that requires the dad to take out at least 1/3 of the paid parental leave (which is 18 months altogether). It is called the 6 + 6 + 6 model; 6 months for parent A, 6 months for parent B, and 6 months of 100% free choice. It's not perfect, but it's a start. The current requirement for dads/parent B is around 2-3 weeks, I think. Which is better than nothing! I see more and more dads going out with their children in strollers and it makes me happy :) 

The one problem with that is biological, of course:   my husband has not yet figured out how to produce breast milk.      Though when I was back to work and he was unemployed he occasionally would bring the baby to me to nurse.  

But pumping is a curse from the depths of hell.     I'm in my 54th month of breastfeeding, and I don't mind that too much, but I am VERY much enjoying not needing the dang pump much now that I only work part time.     (Freelance teaching type stuff with intermittent childcare here and there for a few hours at a time .. and financially not much different than working fulltime, taxed as a double income family, and then paying daycare for two!   Of which $6k/year was tax benefited in some way, and the other $20K was AFTER tax, and AFTER income based repayment for student loans!)

4 hours ago, Queen said:

Let's not forget the reason Michelle is so checked out is largely because of the cult and JB. I think she would have been much better off in an equal marriage where she'd be allowed to be a person, not a submissive sex doll and baby maker with more kids than she (or anyone) could possibly handle. 

It's sad how normal and happy Michelle seemed as a teen. Their friend Cindy is what Michelle could have been if she didn't go down the Gothard rabbit hole. The difference is staggering. 

Michelle reminds me SO MUCH of my mom. Their husbands wanted to dive off the depend into religion, & the wives blindly followed. My mom is nearly incapable of thinking for herself and make decisions, just like all these Duggar women, and most ATI women in general. 

4 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

In my town I have heard stories of daycare costing around $700-$1000 a month, although I have no proof or frame of reference as I don't have kids.

I live in the suburbs of a good sized city (but maybe not considered one of the huge metropolitan cities of the US) and that's what I pay. I have friends who live within city limits and they pay more. One of them has three kids in daycare and pays $3,000.00 a month, which includes a discount she gets for having multiple children in the daycare. My blood runs cold thinking about it. 

1 hour ago, Blue jay said:

I couldn't find if anyone had touched in this yet. Did anyone notice the not so sidehug hug between Jeremy and Joy? It would have been completely normal in other contexts, but with the Duggars it struck me as surprising...

Wow, that is surprising! I imagine Jeremy probably isn't used to all of these weird sexual hangups around (what most people consider to be) normal displays of affection, like giving a hug to his (then) soon-to-be-sister-in-law. He probably went into auto pilot, forgot he was being filmed by TLC, and just gave Joy a regular hug, forgetting he was with the Duggars, and that they frown upon front hugging the opposite gender. I imagine Joy probably went along with it because she was too taken aback to turn away from the front-hug. Interesting...:pb_smile:

Only with the damn Duggars would we be speculating about the deeper meaning of an innocent little hug, hahahahaha :pb_lol:

We live an hour from a major city but it's considered a commuter neighborhood and full-time daycare would cost us $1400 a month for one child. I was a barista (on a government contract so we were more highly paid) and really enjoyed it, but with daycare, taxes, and gas, I'd lose money so I stay at home. I'd love to go back to work - I miss it - but it's just not financially feasible. 

1 hour ago, SummerRocks said:

Partnering with us?! Come on Jill and Derick, come on! So they need $24 000 to go hang out in El Salvador (cause we all know they do basically nothing there as well), and come back to America again in a few months to birth baby boy #2. 

So true! I'm simply floored by their greed. They say "we also have monthly expenses for grocery etc" like WHAT? They would still have to buy food if they lived at home! 

On 2/21/2017 at 0:40 PM, PumaLover said:

Anyone else catch that during the shower when they were doing the games that MEchelle said that she doesn't know all the birthdates of her own kids?   

Such a devoted mother........:tw_anguished:

I only have 2 adult children and they both have three so in all I need to remember 10 birthdates if I want to be considered a good grams/mother-in-law, but I have them all wrote down for quick reference mostly because I can't even remember how old I am most of the time. That being said......Michelle, shut your damn mouth and don't be saying that out loud! It is nothing to be proud of, WTH!

Anyone notice the stank eye Jinger gave the Australian chef when she told them to calm down the PDA? Also, Jinger definitely says "definitely" way too often. Definitely. 

screengrab.png

1 hour ago, Blue jay said:

Yeah I saw that.  I really do think Joy and Jinger discovered just how much they like each other and they've had a really good sister bond, add to that all that Joy did for the wedding, Jinger did have Cindy but it really appears that Joy was in charge of organizing all the people and logistics of decorations and set up. I'm sure Jinger and Jeremy were very appreciative of all her hard work. Plus Jeremy doesn't give a crap about Boobs stupid rules. Hugging your new SIL is normal, and it shouldn't have ANY sexual connotations, if it does he shouldn't be marrying her sister. 

Joy & Jinger have always been my favorite kid(ults) Jinger was sassy she's a little more off beat, I wouldn't call her a fashionista but she marches to her own drum within the very narrow confines of their dress code.  Joy just seems like a whole lot of personality in a little bitty package. She's outgoing seems smarter than the rest of the Duggar's (not that that is saying much), she's interested in doing more than her hair and make up, she's not afraid to get dirty, she has the ability to take charge and people listen to her, and in her male dominated world that says something. I've noticed in the TH that all the siblings seem to have a genuine affection for Jinger & Joy, they don't seem to have this for Jill or jessa, Jana they seem to have more of a respect for her, she's a mother figure for all of them.  

15 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I mean, in the schools I went to, the boys and girls were separated to teach "life skills" - the boys went to woodworking and engineering classes.  The girls to knit and sew. 

On a dresser in my great Aunt's house there's a little wooden ballerina figurine. Her daughter made it at school. I asked her about it when I was little, she said it was from when the boys and girls swapped over classes for a project, the girls doing woodwork, the boys doing sewing. I laughed out loud, I thought it was so funny the thought that they wouldn't teach boys how to use sewing machines or girls how to use wood working tools just because they were boys/girls. I couldn't imagine classes being mandated by gender. And when I went to high school we all learned sewing and woodwork (and cooking and everything else.)

The aunt that made the figurine is in her 60s. I think of that as being part of such a far, far away, silly time. Belonging to a group of foggy past, man they had some silly ideas back in the past, practices.

8 minutes ago, brookeb82 said:

Anyone notice the stank eye Jinger gave the Australian chef when she told them to calm down the PDA? Also, Jinger definitely says "definitely" way too often. Definitely. 

screengrab.png

She really does have the best facial expressions. This face is saying shove bitch, I've spent the last 23 years not being able to touch another human being I'm gonna snog all over him and I don't care what you have to say. 

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She really does have the best facial expressions. This face is saying shove bitch, I've spent the last 23 years not being able to touch another human being I'm gonna snog all over him and I don't care what you have to say. 

At first glance I thought she was Jana and I've never thought they look alike.  Huh. 

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Exactly, as if she wanted to say bish, if you only knew the hands off household I was raised in.

That is a wild fast track courtship. I can't imagine going from starting to date to engaged in two months... I hope they had time somewhere in there to get to know each other, but probably not, because Jesus.

4 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

It's sad how normal and happy Michelle seemed as a teen. Their friend Cindy is what Michelle could have been if she didn't go down the Gothard rabbit hole. The difference is staggering. 

Michelle reminds me SO MUCH of my mom. Their husbands wanted to dive off the depend into religion, & the wives blindly followed. My mom is nearly incapable of thinking for herself and make decisions, just like all these Duggar women, and most ATI women in general. 

I actually always thought Michelle was the one who led JB into it and he went along because he was already quite religious but mostly because he was obsessed with her. 

Thoughts? 

I don't even think Joy is the next to get married but probably Joseph. The way they were hinting at Joy to be the next one is suspicious. So I would guess it won't be her.

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I don't even think Joy is the next to get married but probably Joseph. The way they were hinting at Joy to be the next one is suspicious. So I would guess it won't be her.

Isn't Kendra 18? I hope it's not Joseph.  He sounded like he wasn't ready on Monday night to get married.  I wish Jana or John David were next but it's probably Joy or as you said Joseph.  

7 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

So true! I'm simply floored by their greed. They say "we also have monthly expenses for grocery etc" like WHAT? They would still have to buy food if they lived at home! 

How often do Jill&Derick grocery shop in America though? I often wonder in these reality shows how the people survive (Kate and her 8, Sisterwives, these Duggars) How much can they possibly get paid to not have to work anymore (or do "work" like these missionary trips or speaking engagements etc)? Of course they have to grift, that's almost a given.

Jill&Derick possibly just show up for every meal that Justin prepares (did anyone else notice how often the sign in the kitchen said "Justins juristriction" ) in the big compound kitchen?

Jill never lived in the real world. Daddy provided everything and all she had to do was raise siblings and do her jobs around the house. She most likely has no clue about monthly expenses aside from being as frugal as possible while growing up. Derick should know better, but I think he gave up and just goes along for this free Duggar ride, cause he loves Jesus so much :) 

1 hour ago, Nashville92 said:

Isn't Kendra 18? I hope it's not Joseph.  He sounded like he wasn't ready on Monday night to get married.  I wish Jana or John David were next but it's probably Joy or as you said Joseph.  

But Joy is only 19?

It is said on this forum that Kendra/Lauren is(/both are if they are twins) 17 or 18 years old. But were is the source for  that actually? Maybe they are a bit older? Someone said a few months ago that Kendra is only 17. Who was that and where did she get the information from?

5 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

But Joy is only 19?

It is said on this forum that Kendra/Lauren is(/both are if they are twins) 17 or 18 years old. But were is the source for  that actually? Maybe they are a bit older? Someone said a few months ago that Kendra is only 17. Who was that and where did she get the information from?

According to their Facebook page (Paul-Christina Caldwell) they were married in January 1998. So the oldest daughter, assuming there was no hanky panky before marriage, couldn't be more than 18.

16 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

The 6+6+6 model??  Obviously the devil's politics! 

Lol, I haven't thought about that! :pb_lol: Obviously we are lead by the devil here in the godforsaken North ;)  :irony:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived