IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counting on - A honeymoon and a courtship - part 1

SEASON FINALE! :happy-partydance:

We start with Bin telling us that he had to change JInger's contact info in his phone to Jinger Vuolo

Recaps of the wedding... and the kiss.  

Jinger says the first kiss was "out of this world."

Jill says its hard to think about them moving to laredo

Bin says they are sure they'll be there soon.  Jessa says they were told not to come for 6 months.  Bin says "whatever."

Jinger is asked who is nest to court.  They zoom in on Jana and Joy.  JInger says "lots of possibilities on the horizon."

At the hotel Jeremy and JInger are packing. There are 2 full beds in the room, both appear slept in. Jeremy is wearing sweats and I am ashamed at where my eyes went... He had his phone in his pocket.

Jinger says that its "woah" being married.

They get in the car and drive off... shots of traffic... JInger smiles at him as they drive.  They're going "down under." Jeremy hopes they can take a deep breath and enjoy one another and have quality alone time building a relationship and getting to know eachother.

Bin TH - we went to europe on our honeymoon.  Jessa says it was super nice.

J'derrick talks about going to the outer banks and there was a hot tub.  Its time to relax and get to know eachother more and have a chill period together.

Jeremy and JInger arrive in Sydney.

They get into a cab who tries to teach them "australian."  Jeremy tries to do an accent but says it "turns british." They teach him to say "g'day mate, how ya goin?"

J'kid talking heads - saying "g'day mate."

Back in australia... JINGER IS WEARING A TANK TOP! I can see her shoulders!

JInger - after we got married we were excited to be alone and it wasnt strange, it was something we were looking foward to.

They get to the hotel and look out the window.  They can see the opera house and the bridge.  There is a cruise ship in port.  They talk about going to the opera house.

They will be in sydney for 6 days and will "discover australia."

Back in arkansas... ominous music

They discuss that the next duggar to court "may surprise you."

Austin walks up to the house in the dark.  He's wearing a St Paul Fire shirt.

He's described by JD and joseph as "skilled" and a mechanic.  

Austic comes into boob's "office" and asks to talk to him.  He says he's gotten to know Joy and he wants to court her.  Boob fakes a deep breath and pause.

Commercial break...

Just now, Gillyweed said:

I feel like Jinger and Jeremy are more relaxed and with each other than the other married couples. 

I was just thinking this too. Ben and Jessa looked incredibly awkward together on their honeymoon episode, and Jinger and Jeremy are joking around, looking very happy and not forced. 

So I was about to say, I felt bad for her with the close-up shot of her profile they just showed...her skin was looking rough. Then it occurred to me...may not be acne. May be...beard burn????? You go, Jinge. Lol

As for this next part about Joy...not that we don't already know, but sigh. 

I haven't been watching Counting On this season since I haven't had insomnia, but I tuned in to this episode. I have the closed captions on and when Jeremy tried to play the didgeridoo, the caption read: "plays the didgeridoo poorly". I actually did a spit-take. The cutesy crap is making me nauseous, so I think I'm going to have to bail.

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Hes doing great!

Yay! Glad you and baby are good! Thanks for recapping tonight.

Counting on - contrived honeymoon and a courtship - part 2

Austin explains that he came over to ask for permission.

Boob asks what he likes about Joy

Austin - over the years I have been watching and I admire her heart for the lord.  She gets all the siblings in order... 

JD - Austin and I are close.  I had the inside scoop.

Boob says he has to think about it.  Austin looks like he's going to cut him.

Boob asks how the house flipping is going and the dozer business.  

Austin says the house flipping is good. Dozer is slowing down.

Boob says that they'd be honored but joy will be surprised.  They talk about making a plan to ask her.  

Boob thinks it will be a surprise but both of them are mature and make a good match.

Back in Australia...Jeremy wants to learn to throw a boomerang.  Jeremy is wearing shorts and carrying a soccer ball.  JInfer is wearing a TIGHT black top and form fitting blue skirt.  

Jeremy puts on "Indigenous" face makeup to "get into it."  JInger only does her hand so she can wipe it off.

They throw the boomerang... Jeremy gets hit by one (great goalie reflexes???) He's bleeding.  He says it was a smaller boomerang and not a "metal" or "battle" one.

JInger implies that the crew was hit too.

They walk around and find a street performer with a Didgeridoo... this so called "random" person lets jeremy play it.  JInger films and laughs.  Jeremy says it sounds like a fart.

In the TH Jinger kisses him and it looks much less uncomfortable than siblings.

Bacck on the street, they say that JInger cant play it because if they do they'll get pregnant.  Jinger is given sticks to bang together.  Jeremy jokes that her family may have a lot of didgeridoos.  Jeremy says that a crowd gathers and they got tips, like people watching someone burn.

1 minute ago, hollywood said:

Oh my god. finger has sensible walking sneakers for walking around a city all day. I am shocked. No flip-flops.

I think Jeremy, his sister or Mom took took her shopping.

Outtake - Joy and austin met when she was 5.  They met though church.  The courtship is "really fun" doing "church related stuff" and its fun seeing her in different situations.

The favorite thing about eachother is - everything.  

They like outdoor activities.  Horseback riding etc.

Austin seems like a major wet blanket.  I dont like him

You know...Jinger is dressed really nicely here, and they are acting a lot like my hubby and I. My husband is the type to talk to everybody, and if he decided to go try a digeridoo I would totally do what Jinger did. Stand aside, take a video, and laugh at him. 

I actually laughed out loud at Jeremy saying his playing sounded like a fart.

They are so chill together, and seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company. Jinger seems very natural and...normal! Shame about the beliefs of course. But it's nice to see a Duggar couple seeming so real.

2 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Is it just me, or does Austin look a lot older than Joy?

Well, he's 23 and she's 19, so that's a sizeable age gap. I know what you mean though; I'm older than he is (just a few years), and he looks closer to my age.

I need to count through this episode and any future seasons how often they will endorse Austin's family camp or how often he will be wearing a shirt with the name on it.

I should but I'm not.

Ew. Joy bringing the menfolk water while they do something with a fence or something. EW. That was so......subservient. 

Jinger's style, and even her face for some reason, is suddenly reminding me of a friend of mine. Oddly enough, from BEFORE said friend went off the radar and got all frumpy and fundy.

Counting on - staging a courtship request and pretending like no one notices - Part 3

In Sydney they head to a tour on a water taxi to Darling Harbor.  JInger starts to get seasick. She seems like she's going to cry.  I'm beginning to wonder if Jinger has more earrings than outfits.  Jeremy asks the driver to quit the tour and just take them there.

Jill talking head- we have inherited motion sickness.  Flashbacks of puking duggars.

Jeremy and JInger arrive at a zoo.  Its his first time with these animals.  They meet "erica" who has blue hair.  Jeremy says she was "lollies and rainbows."  JInger wans to sneak a koala home in a bag.

They scratch the koala and take a selfie.

They head to the kangaroo encounter. Jinger feeds them out of a bucket, including one with a Joey in her pouch.

Producer asks the J'kids what a joey is.  It could be a "statement" from australia... doesnt mean anything.  

Bin - its either a baby kangaroo or a male kangaroo

Jill knows what it is.

They take a pic with the kangaroos.

Back in arkansas....  The J'boys and joy head to fort rock family camp to help with repairs around the camp.  We're reminded who austin is and that they know eachotehr from church.   We're told that they run fort rock family camp. Austin explains what the camp does.  Its a place for families to come with an "old west" theme.

Jill - Joy and i are pretty close and she was telling me about her interest in him.

Joy - he's at our house every week on the weekends or working with my brothers.

They put up a barbed wire fence.  Joy brings out glasses of ice water.

Austin tells that camera that today he will ask joy to "enter a courtship" it sounds like "intercourse" with me.

Australia

They're shopping for fish for a bbq.

Jinger takes a selfie with a scorpion fish.  Jinger is wearing another sleeveless dress.

Jeremy buys shrimp.  

Jinger says she's used to cooking for 20+

jeremy gets "morton bay bugs."  Jinger wanted one, jeremy gets 3.

They go in the back and learn to clean the fish.  The guy asks if she has a big family because its a big fish.  She says 19 - he says "no tv back home, eh?"

Jeremy cuts some raw king fish and eats it.  Jinger refuses.  She eventually agrees once she's sure she wont get sick.  She says jeremy has helped her expand her pallet.

Producer - whats the weirdest thing you ate while traveling?

Bin - a snail

Josiah - octopus

Jason - steak and cheese.

The guy gives jeremy a cooler with his fish.  They're driving to meet a chef who's going to teach them to cook.

Outtake

Producer - what was your favorite part of your wedding?

JInger - we were thankful to see how god had brought us together.

Producer - any advice for wedding planning?

Jeremy - jinger did it, but dont get lost in the moment.

Producer - what was your fav of the honeymoon?

Jeremy - being together.

So we've seen Jinger in sleeveless shirts and a tunic top over jeggings, and generally dressing quite chic. How long until she's wearing actual pants and normal length shirts?

Hey! Jinger is sounding and looking like a relaxed, comfortable adult and not a robot!! And she and Jeremy seem to be on equal footing with one another instead of her being under his authority. And she wasted no time in breaking free of Duggar modesty standards. 

I know someone will remind me that these people are still crazy, but baby steps? I think it's a lot smoother transition to reality when you're not wearing a frumper or being dry humped at a mini golf course against your will.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived