IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

Somebody left a comment in the last blog wishing they'd come to Fairbanks/North Pole. Steve answered there is a good chance they would (some day).

Good grief! After all the problems with Uriah in Canada, I can just see Alaska! I've been to Alaska and driven there. Even in the summer, those roads can be treterous.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And did you get a load of Teri and the girl's exercise outfits? Good grief, why can the guys wear regular t-shirts and jeans but the girls have to wear that junk?

Those are truly horrible exercise outfits :shock: I agree, kpmom, the guys look so normal! How defrauding would it be for the girls to wear loose tracksuit pants to exercise in- really??

Those are truly horrible exercise outfits :shock: I agree, kpmom, the guys look so normal! How defrauding would it be for the girls to wear loose tracksuit pants to exercise in- really??

Right. Or how about yoga pants with a long top. At first I thought Teri had yoga pants on, but i believe it's a skirt. Do the Maxwells make that stuff? I can't believe anybody would sell it.

Those exercise vests are kind of odd. I've noticed that the Maxwell women seem to have started on the fundie fashion transition path. They've gone from frumpers to long skirts with polo shirts, and their skirts are getting a wee bit shorter. Perhaps they'll be wearing knee length skirts soon. Mary especially seems to have her own fashion sense. If she was given the opportunity, I bet she'd dress more like a Duggar girl (but with less makeup). Anyway, I think they would look better if they wore more flattering clothing, but they have made some progress, and they do look a lot better for it.

No, no, no! If Papa Maxwell pulls his "I know everything, nobody can tell me anything" schtick in the face of a local trying to help him and decides that God has led him to order his female chattel to pose fetchingly next to a moose that happens to be browsing by the road-- :shock:

OTOH, it might be amusing to see his/their reaction to the locals. A couple from someplace shiny in Minnesota once walked into a bar that advertised itself as "The Biggest Navigational Hazard" in my town, got accosted by a woman who offered to trade sex for coke, and fired off a letter to the paper about how our town was one huge pit of depravity headed for Hell. Not much of Alaska is slicked up for the tourists.

I can't help but wonder what all the other people in the RV lot must think of the Maxwells, apparently out there lifting free weights in their dorky exercise skirts.

I mean, going out for a jog is one thing, but hauling out those weights??? Right there in the parking lot??? With cones???

I hope they fly, as I can't see the bus doing well going up the AlCan.

I'm sure they will fit in. I meet fundies everywhere I go in Alaska. Everywhere.

Also I disagree with jenny_islander and think that most of the state is pretty tourist friendly.

The last time we discussed the awful exercise outfits, didn't someone suggest that the vests were to hide any boob-age bounce that might occur during exercise?

The last time we discussed the awful exercise outfits, didn't someone suggest that the vests were to hide any boob-age bounce that might occur during exercise?

That's very possible. I hadn't even thought of that. The funny thing is, wearing unusual vests probably draws more attention to their boobs because people will probably look and think, "What's up with those vests?" Besides, unless they actually tape their boobs down, there's not much that can be done about jiggling. That's just what boobs do. :lol:

I'm sure you're right, but wouldn't a sports bra worn under their 12,000 shirts work just as well and not look so silly?

ITA with the poster who said those vests make your eye go right to their chests.

I'm sure you're right, but wouldn't a sports bra worn under their 12,000 shirts work just as well and not look so silly?

ITA with the poster who said those vests make your eye go right to their chests.

Yes, a *good* sports bra would do the trick. But, if they buy a cheapo "looks like a sports bra, but actually has no support", it's going to give them less support than their regular bra. A really good sports bra is expensive ($30 to $50). Plus, Mary is in the size range that she would need one of the more supportive bras if they totally want to prevent/stop any bouncing. Sports bras may look more "one size fits a wider range" than a regular bra, but you do buy a sports bra based on your bra size, your physique (i.e., do you have a narrow rib cage but large cup size, etc.), and your level of activity.

Oh, I agree that most of Alaska is tourist friendly. But except for the waterfront of a couple of towns in Southeastern and a few shopping districts, it isn't built with tourists in mind. It's amazing what tourists will get themselves into--petting the roadside moose (KICK), trying to get closer to the cute fuzzy bear cubs at the fishing spot (GRAAAAR HERE COMES MOMMA), and acting all shocked when the guy next to them at the local bar smells like diesel and fish (IT'S A LOCAL BAR, DUMMY, IT'S FULL OF LOCALS).

At least the Maxwells probably won't demand that the tour bus driver do something about the rain, like somebody off a cruise ship did to an acquaintance of mine once.

Yes, I think this was mentioned one before when they showed the exercise vets or maybe we just speculated and I took it as Maxwell word, I cannot remember.

I hope one of the Maxwell boys runs off with Bristol Palin.

Wine spewed on my keyboard is not a good thing.

Mary has quite a nice rack that the polo shirts tend to show off so I can see Steve forcing her to wear a vest. At least she isn't binding them down.

Yes, I think this was mentioned one before when they showed the exercise vets or maybe we just speculated and I took it as Maxwell word, I cannot remember.

It was just our speculation. The Maxwells would never explicitly say such a thing!

I for one find the contrasting lines on Anna's vest to a stumbling block. The squareness of the lines reminds me of the soft curves of her breasts which must lie beneath, and I wonder what they look... oh no, I've sinned! Lord Jesus, please forgive me!

I hope they fly, as I can't see the bus doing well going up the AlCan.

I'm sure they will fit in. I meet fundies everywhere I go in Alaska. Everywhere.

Also I disagree with jenny_islander and think that most of the state is pretty tourist friendly.

Steve has a problem with flying. He doesn't want the TSA to touch his "junk". :o They need Uriah to haul around their crap books for selling at their infomercial's.

Those skirts look like something made my Adidas. Does Adidas make exercise skirts?
That's what I thought too, and did some quick googling last night. But while I find tons of exercise skirts out there, what I was finding were all short - think tennis, or MAYBE to the knee.

I must have just not hit the right site, though, I'm thinking. Those definitely look like Adidas (or at least a common style), and it doesn't look like they've converted a pair of pants to a skirt, does it? I don't see the usual seams in the front (like you get when you do a conversion of a pair of jeans to a skirt, it was a weird fashion some time ago).

I seem to recall a comment or web posting where Sara talked about repurposing workout pants as skirts, so I think they buy normal pants and then unstitch and resew them into workout skirts.

Archived