IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would definitely keep my Maxwell infiltration on the Down Low. Everyone would either think I was nuts or converting. I have a fundie-lite friend I would like to go with me, but I don't want to insult her or make her think I am going to walk that path. I can make myself look Fundy, but I would give myself away if I had to hold a conversation with someone. It would be nice to have a knowledgeable partner in crime.

Uriah is HUGE. It took up the whole side of the little church we went to, this is the picture I took so when you said it was a small dump, that is not true. 082.jpg

That and the fact Nathans family never goes,but I did see on their website they did surprise them this week. I will give you the benefit of the doubt,when you post your uriah pic, I will believe you.:)

Hah! :lol: I see your Uriah and raise you one. securedownload.jpg

Whether Uriah is big or not depends on your experience with large vehicles (kind of like houses). I figure it's probably "big", but then again, I have little experience with buses. I believe Phyllis Styne's post because Nathan and family came and she posted that before the Maxwells mentioned it. It's interesting to hear what nonfundies make of the Maxwells. I would go to one of their stops except I would feel strange trying to pretend my way through a session. I don't even have proper fundie clothes to wear! Still, would be fun....

And then there's trying to explain the whole thing to my husband and kids....you want to see these people why?

I only have to worry about what my cats would think, and they'd be OK with it as long as I left them enough food, water, and clean litter box.

I wonder if they come to Minnesota. I'd even go to Iowa for the chance to hear them in person. I don't own a skirt though and I'm not buying one when I'd never wear it again.

Nell

I don't have any "real life" friends I know of who are obsessed with fundies like I am....I some fundie-lite friends, as well as a few actual fundie friends. But most of my friends are just normal people who have no clue what the quiverful movement is, and would never understand my fascination. It's not something you can just easily bring up in a regular conversation, lol!

They were here for 3 days in March. I could dress in a different fundy style each day, if I could stomach 3 days of Maxwells.

I used to check out Lydia of Purple years ago via Ladies Against Feminism. I was shocked to find out she had died and Pa Purple had remarried. She sure doesn't look like a Purple lady. I would be pissed if I had to dress like a cross between Mennonite and Amish making Ma Ingalls look like a fashion plate to please my headship, then after I died he a married a much younger woman who dressed normally. I would come back and possess the new wife and make his life Hell! :twisted:

Re my last post about Lydia of Purple, I was going to ask for updates on the family...so Pops remarried a more mainstream type woman? Wonder what the family thinks of her or if she besmirches the respect Mom Lydia had for her family? Got to be hard to live up to Lydia's standards!

Lydia of Purple was a woman named Coleen Sabin who sewed very old fashioned fundie dresses and sold them online. She had about eight daughters and one son-could be off on this count. The entire family looked very old-country Amish, at least to me. (But I think they did do colors and prints.) I believe the women wore head coverings and the men had beards. The website had photos of most of the children with a little bit about each of them. One daughter was described as "always ready" but did not elaborate. ;) If you google her name you can find the site. She died about 2-4 years ago?

I recall something about her husband being arrested or cited or something for having a puppy mill? Whatever happened, it was dog neglect related and I think it was after Coleen died.

If you google Lydia of Purple, the second hit is for the thread "Lydia of Puple's daughter had a baby?" on the old board.

Speaking of googling Lydia of Purple, has anyone seen this blog?

faithandfamilyforever.blogspot.com/2008/01/wife-of-noble-character-dedication-to.html

I found it because there was a dedication to Lydia, but check out the names of the blogger's kids. Um... wow.

Really? Nathan's family was there? That was one of my main problems because they never travel with the main family. She did say Uriah is a dump and small and that is NOT true. I took a pic of Uriah myself and it is a full out motor home, like a tour bus, its HUGE. That is why I am not sure,but trying to give her the benefit of the doubt which is why I haven;t posted it in her post.

I have seen Uriah on a number of occasions and I have been inside during different phases of the remideling done. Uriah is a huge motor home, completely loaded and comfortable (now). Nathan and family have only traveled with the family a couple of times since Uriah came into being and they stay in a Hotel with the two little girls, as it's easier that way.

Re this: faithandfamilyforever.blogspot.com/2008/01/wife-of-noble-character-dedication-to.html

When the best name out of the bunch is Ezra, that's kind of scary.

faithandfamilyforever.blogspot.com/2008/01/wife-of-noble-character-dedication-to.html

I found it because there was a dedication to Lydia, but check out the names of the blogger's kids. Um... wow.

:shock: You were not kidding. Jehosheba? Casiphia? *triple facepalm*

Who the hell is "Othniel"? I mean, really? It looks like they just opened up their Bible to random pages and picked the first names they saw. Ugh.

Guest Anonymous
I wonder why Nathan and family "surprised" them - we all know how Steve-O HATES surprises.

He has some 1 Ton Ramp courses about to start and needs to tout for business, I should imagine.

I have seen Uriah on a number of occasions and I have been inside during different phases of the remideling done. Uriah is a huge motor home, completely loaded and comfortable (now). Nathan and family have only traveled with the family a couple of times since Uriah came into being and they stay in a Hotel with the two little girls, as it's easier that way.

Wow wow owow owow wow -- how did you manage that, Queen Mother? Inside Uriah? I mean of course dno't answer because you dont' want to reveal too much about yourself, but dang, lady, that's serious!!!! :clap:

....... check out the names of the blogger's kids. Um... wow.

I found that blog last night too and saw those names. Uffda, those are some mighty weird names. :o

Nell

Guest Anonymous

Wow wow owow owow wow -- how did you manage that, Queen Mother? Inside Uriah? I mean of course dno't answer because you dont' want to reveal too much about yourself, but dang, lady, that's serious!!!! :clap:

Queen Mother, aren't you concerned that the Maxwells may work out who you are from your posting here? They don't seem to have many friends, and certainly not that many who would know intimate details about them, like Sarah's distress over Christopher's engagement to NRA. Even if Teri and Sarah have limited access to the outside world, I'd be very surprised if Steve doesn't read these boards from time to time.

Personally, I'd be upset if I found a 'friend' snarking on me on an internet forum. If Steve finds out that his friends are snarking on him, I would imagine it would lead to excommunication from the Titus2 compound, at the very least!

Queen Mother, aren't you concerned that the Maxwells may work out who you are from your posting here? They don't seem to have many friends, and certainly not that many who would know intimate details about them, like Sarah's distress over Christopher's engagement to NRA. Even if Teri and Sarah have limited access to the outside world, I'd be very surprised if Steve doesn't read these boards from time to time.

Personally, I'd be upset if I found a 'friend' snarking on me on an internet forum. If Steve finds out that his friends are snarking on him, I would imagine it would lead to excommunication from the Titus2 compound, at the very least!

QM is doing a service letting us know what is going on behind the scenes. We really need QM to tell Sarah she can get out if she wants. Teri holds all of Steve's computer passwords and its all on lockdown,there is no way Steve would ever come here. We are his biggest nightmare and reading anything we wrote would defraud him so badly he would never recover.

Teri holds all of Steve's computer passwords and its all on lockdown

Really? :o I would think it would be Steve who was the gatekeeper of the passwords.

Nell

Archived