IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

Dear Sarah, for an avid reader of the Bible, you should know the phrase is "LO and behold!" Secondly, it's "Anna and ME."

A real publisher wouldn't touch your crap with a million foot pole. Heck, a third grader could make those simple corrections for crying out loud!

That is all. :mrgreen:

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when I was a kid, whenever we went hiking or other outings, my mom made all of us (parents, 3 kids) wear these matching red and blue striped rugby shirts. I was about 9 (my brothers younger) and HATED it and complained constantly!

I am one of 6 girls, and my mom made all our clothes/dresses, and we were always dressed alike. On Easter and Mother's Day she made herself a dress to match ours. This was in the 50's and 60's, into the early 70's. We, the girls, eventually out grew wanting to dress alike. Looking back at that time, it was a nice part of our family life. One a side note, I am the 3rd daughter and #4 is only 10 months younger than me, and 5 is only 10 months younger than #4, and people would see us, the little blond girls all dressed alike and think we were triplets. We definitly laugh about that one now as weno longer look anything like each other, except for the blond hair.

Phyllis Styne, I'm in the St. Louis area as well. Cheers to you, my dear! I knew the Maxwells were coming to STL, and I read your brilliant post, but didn't put two and two together until just now. Now that I know we're (kind of) neighbors, I wish I had come sneaking along with you!

Or maybe he's moving Burrito Day to Tuesday.

He noticed Burrito consumption went up and is canceling it since it's obvious that burritos are a new idol.....

OT: I am at a software users' conference. I noticed that one of the attendees was wearing a PepsiCo name tag. I had to hurry and shut my mouth before I said anything ridiculous.

Only 4 w/end sessions and 3 1 evening ones. What oh what will they do with all their free time while on the road?

Maybe they need to go back to Canada. (I still can't understand why they went there in the winter. The should have gone south then and north now.)

Only 4 w/end sessions and 3 1 evening ones. What oh what will they do with all their free time while on the road?

Maybe they need to go back to Canada. (I still can't understand why they went there in the winter. The should have gone south then and north now.)

You know they go wherever God/Steve feels they are called!Steve says Canada in January, they go.

This should be the end of their schedule until Feb. if they are peddling strictly homeschool. After the holidays in early spring is when it picks up again(going by my sister's homeschool curriculum schedule its usually Early spring to early fall as the busy season. If they are pushing the depression book now, they might be able to squeeze out more sessions because they are playing to a somewhat different crowd with the pray the depression away angle.

Guest Anonymous

They are pushing the 1 Ton Ramp too. Nathan has a few courses scheduled. He doesn't usually tour with the family but turned up as a 'surprise' at the last conference, where coincidentally there was one of his past students available to help him pimp his wares.

It must be financially worrying to the family - very few conferences are being booked, Maxwell and Sons Construction have had 3 jobs in 6 years, and the 1TOnRamp must barely be covering the startup costs so far.

And greedy Uriah guzzles gas and demands new windscreens and gaskets like there is no tomorrow....

Oh well, at least winter is on its way, and the darker nights and gloomy weather will trigger depression in women in need of hearing about Teri's Sweet Journey. :roll:

They should come to Yakima. There are sooooo many fundie homeschoolers in the area. That Nancy whoever revisionist-history lady came here a few years ago and I went to her talk/sales pitch. It was kinda crazy how starstruck some of my friends were over a woman I had never heard of. I mean, it was like I would be meeting Tori Amos.

They are pushing the 1 Ton Ramp too. Nathan has a few courses scheduled. He doesn't usually tour with the family but turned up as a 'surprise' at the last conference, where coincidentally there was one of his past students available to help him pimp his wares.

It must be financially worrying to the family - very few conferences are being booked, Maxwell and Sons Construction have had 3 jobs in 6 years, and the 1TOnRamp must barely be covering the startup costs so far.

And greedy Uriah guzzles gas and demands new windscreens and gaskets like there is no tomorrow....

Oh well, at least winter is on its way, and the darker nights and gloomy weather will trigger depression in women in need of hearing about Teri's Sweet Journey. :roll:

do they only take construction contracts from fundies too?

They should come to Yakima. There are sooooo many fundie homeschoolers in the area. That Nancy whoever revisionist-history lady came here a few years ago and I went to her talk/sales pitch. It was kinda crazy how starstruck some of my friends were over a woman I had never heard of. I mean, it was like I would be meeting Tori Amos.

I'd be tripping over my feet if I got to meet Tori Amos - but the Maxwells? I guess it would kind of look like I was tripping when I was really bent over from laughing so hard.

Is there any indication that their conference schedules is leaner than previous years? It always surprises me they seem to have so many conferences lined up in the first place.

I must the only person who think their business must be booming. I see their ITOnRamp thing and their new classes are full and fills up fairly quickly. They are writing more books and expanding into music....it seems like the Maxwells are doing pretty well. I don't see the ITOnRamp thing as a sign of little business....I see it as expansion into other ventures. The fact that Nathan has remodeled his basement for this new venture indicates they seem to think the business has a good future and they are sticking with it for the long haul.

The construction business does seem quiet...but given the state of the construction business these days, is it any wonder the Maxwell sons get any construction business? Maybe that's one of the downside of avoiding the news, the Maxwells aren't informed about current economic trends. I'm surprised their ignorance hasn't hurt their business ventures sooner.

Only time will tell if the Maxwells' see success in their new businesses.

What about Christopher and his prissy photo business? I cannot see him getting many brides who want no dancing, no drinking, modest, fundie ,Christian only weddings.Not enough to support a family on,that has to be part time. I know he does web design or something, but they don't even mention him much anymore now that he is married. I wonder if Steve has his hand in C's business? I don't think he does in the photo part, except maybe to set the "rules" for who C is willing to work for.

What about Christopher and his prissy photo business? I cannot see him getting many brides who want no dancing, no drinking, modest, fundie ,Christian only weddings.Not enough to support a family on,that has to be part time. I know he does web design or something, but they don't even mention him much anymore now that he is married. I wonder if Steve has his hand in C's business? I don't think he does in the photo part, except maybe to set the "rules" for who C is willing to work for.

Judging from the prices of normal wedding photographers, Christopher is pretty cheap, and his pictures aren't half bad. I think the fecundity of these fundie families keeps Christopher employed. I bet there's a thriving market for cheap, quality wedding photographers who aren't heathens that will seduce young maidens with their atheistic ways.....

Guest Anonymous
Is there any indication that their conference schedules is leaner than previous years? It always surprises me they seem to have so many conferences lined up in the first place.

I must the only person who think their business must be booming. I see their ITOnRamp thing and their new classes are full and fills up fairly quickly. They are writing more books and expanding into music....it seems like the Maxwells are doing pretty well. I don't see the ITOnRamp thing as a sign of little business....I see it as expansion into other ventures. The fact that Nathan has remodeled his basement for this new venture indicates they seem to think the business has a good future and they are sticking with it for the long haul.

The construction business does seem quiet...but given the state of the construction business these days, is it any wonder the Maxwell sons get any construction business? Maybe that's one of the downside of avoiding the news, the Maxwells aren't informed about current economic trends. I'm surprised their ignorance hasn't hurt their business ventures sooner.

Yeah, I'm not going to perform a statistical analysis but you can look up the conference schedule here: http://www.titus2.com/w-speaking-schedule.htm

As an example, for Autumn 2011 they have 4 weekend conferences and 3 single evening shows booked. In 2009 they had 8 weekends and 10 single evenings booked.

Sure the construction industry has taken a hit, but 3 jobs in 6 years is a bit extreme.... :lol:

Writing more books? Well they self publish, so we can't know how successful their sales are, but 2 books a year between the whole family is hardly prolific.

Christopher's photography? He has just three weddings in his 2011 portfolio.... I do actually think some of his photos are nice for the price, but he has done himself no favours with the ghastly Titus2 photography this year.

And Nathan's new business... I can see that one of the short courses is sold out, but I'm not sure there is evidence the rest of the business is booming there.

And the 'expansion into music'.... please tell me you said this tongue in cheek.... :lol:

http://www.titus2.com/ecommerce/product ... g.php/3000

I've been following them for many years. Just last year, they had tons of speaking dates. I think if you search through their site their old speaking schedule are still posted. They need their speaking engagements to sell their crap stuff books.

Guest Anonymous

Ugh, I taking back about liking some of Chris Maxwell's photogrphy. My head is spinning after looking at all the jauntily angled shots on the wedding website!

Had to come back and post this fab "we're married! Now let's do it!!!!eleventy111! picture though... I'd love to think it was taken with a sense of humour.....

1388.jpg

Steve says they only go to churches to give their seminars that they are invited to. But how do those churches find out about the Maxwells? They must send some information to these churches and wait to hear back, don't you think? They couldn't just sit around hoping these churches hear about them through their blog or word of mouth, could they?

I'm guessing they also send info about new products to churches and people who have attended their seminars. Do they request people's names and email addresses at their seminars?

Guest Anonymous
Steve says they only go to churches to give their seminars that they are invited to. But how do those churches find out about the Maxwells? They must send some information to these churches and wait to hear back, don't you think? They couldn't just sit around hoping these churches hear about them through their blog or word of mouth, could they?

I'm guessing they also send info about new products to churches and people who have attended their seminars. Do they request people's names and email addresses at their seminars?

They often get blog comments from individuals asking them to visit such and such a place. Steve usually replies that they'd love to, but need an invitation. Since the Maxwells themselves preach against most of the things that 'normal' churches do: youth groups, individual activities, non-Steve approved sermons, they probably get short shrift if they do send flyers out to church offices.

Also, as others have said, most of their presentations are feature-length infomercials for the Maxwell books. They do not often have fresh material to present, so even amongst churches willing to host them, the repeat request rate must be very low.

They often get blog comments from individuals asking them to visit such and such a place. Steve usually replies that they'd love to, but need an invitation. Since the Maxwells themselves preach against most of the things that 'normal' churches do: youth groups, individual activities, non-Steve approved sermons, they probably get short shrift if they do send flyers out to church offices.

Also, as others have said, most of their presentations are feature-length infomercials for the Maxwell books. They do not often have fresh material to present, so even amongst churches willing to host them, the repeat request rate must be very low.

Exactly! They want a church invite(for free so they get to keep all their money and make more money without offering the hosts anything in return) so they can peddle their wares. Yet, they are anti church and anti everything most churches offer so why would any church want to invite them? Once you have the MOTH, there is not much else to offer. Sarah's books are not worth a whole session.

I am considering asking my friend who is head of the local Christian homeschooling group to invite them. It's a large group with several hundred families. AND THEN I COULD SEE URIAH !!!!111!!! Sorry to yell.

Archived