IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

They were in Charlotte, NC?! I should have taken an overnight trip and had a FJ meet up at the conference with other NC free jingerians. I had no clue they were going to be in NC. I hate I missed them. And yes, this is the south. LOL

Charlotte & Mt. Airy. I considered going, but had family visiting and didn't want to try to explain to my husband why I would want to go to something like that. I'm sort of between the two towns, but either one would have meant a lot of wasted gas just for the conference.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a pretty long drive for me to Charlotte and I would have probably had to stay the night, but Maxwell watching would be worth it for me! I want to see what they are like in real life.

The 'voice' of the post was pretty funny. It totally felt like a guy instead of a girl writing the blog entry. Normally we get lots of descriptive words and flowery language. This time it was to the point with no fluff. Just reminded me of the way my husband talks.

Guest Anonymous

That is a weird post and I too am surprised that Steve let it through. Referring to the audience as 'stoic' was just plain rude - why would they insult their audience (which is presumably the same audience that reads the blog)?

I wonder if something else has happened for Sarah to need a break from blog-writing?

That is a weird post and I too am surprised that Steve let it through. Referring to the audience as 'stoic' was just plain rude - why would they insult their audience (which is presumably the same audience that reads the blog)?

I wonder if something else has happened for Sarah to need a break from blog-writing?

Don't ya know, she's got to prepare for "courtship" so others need to learn her "responsibilities". :roll:

Don't ya know, she's got to prepare for "courtship" so others need to learn her "responsibilities". :roll:

Or perhaps she's being punished for something.

Guest Anonymous
I think he sounds like an arrogant prick in half his post, and pretty "over it" in the other half :lol:

It does have the air of a piss-take about it. :lol:

I wonder if the Maxwell boys have finally snapped and have Steve and Teri bound and gagged in Uriah's storage area. Maybe John will keep posting weirdy posts to keep everyone off the scent until he gets a chance to flee the country.... :lol:

Guest Anonymous

It does have the air of a piss-take about it. :lol:

I wonder if the Maxwell boys have finally snapped and have Steve and Teri bound and gagged in Uriah's storage area. Maybe John will keep posting weirdy posts to keep everyone off the scent until he gets a chance to flee the country.... :lol:

Good for him if he does, and he should consider taking his sisters with him.

the Carolinas are most definitly southern. I can't believe they were in my back door and I missed them. actually, I don't think I would have been able to attend without laughing so ..

Guest Anonymous

Good for him if he does, and he should consider taking his sisters with him.

They would probably need to be de-programmed, after all these years.

I get the impression that Sarah is like her mother in many ways and may be depressed, underneath the "I love my life!!!" posts. Which might explain her needing a break.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a nice evening last night. A sweet family has given us unlimited Chik-Fil-A until the 15th here in this area. What a blessing! Thank you!

I think I feel my arteries clog. :?

OMG -" We continue to see the Lord’s Hand on every aspect of this transmission replacement."

These people are just so frickin' special, aren't they? The Lord is watching over their transmission replacement. Man, God must be super busy up there, watching over the Maxwell's every minute of every day.

I have never blogged because I couldn't imagine what I'd write about; my life is pretty boring. But, jeepers crow, these people take the cake for boring. I've never read so much boring crap about broken down buses and people coming out of the woodwork to help them with this, that, and the other. :x

(sort of in a pissy mood tonight)

Assuming none of them know how to swim, since swimming attire would be immodest, it would seem to be pretty scary to go out into the Gulf in a kayak, even with a life jacket.

Assuming none of them know how to swim, since swimming attire would be immodest, it would seem to be pretty scary to go out into the Gulf in a kayak, even with a life jacket.

I'm really curious about whether they know how to swim (or if they ever go swimming). Someone should ask them on their blog.

OMG -" We continue to see the Lord’s Hand on every aspect of this transmission replacement."

These people are just so frickin' special, aren't they? The Lord is watching over their transmission replacement. Man, God must be super busy up there, watching over the Maxwell's every minute of every day.

I have never blogged because I couldn't imagine what I'd write about; my life is pretty boring. But, jeepers crow, these people take the cake for boring. I've never read so much boring crap about broken down buses and people coming out of the woodwork to help them with this, that, and the other. :x

(sort of in a pissy mood tonight)

Well, if I am interpreting their blog correctly, it would appear that the sweet baby Jesus himself went in on night and changed the transmission :

We continue to see the Lord’s Hand on every aspect of this transmission replacement. We received a call from the shop. Upon pulling the transmission, they found that it was actually the new style of transmission.

Well, if I am interpreting their blog correctly, it would appear that the sweet baby Jesus himself went in on night and changed the transmission :

First water into wine, and now an old transmission into a new style of transmission.

I need an oil change. I wonder if I'll see God's hand in it.

First water into wine, and now an old transmission into a new style of transmission.

I need an oil change. I wonder if I'll see God's hand in it.

Jesus did not turn water into wine, he turned water into grape juice.

I've got to do laundry this weekend, maybe Jesus will just fill my closet with new cloths instead.

Can Jesus do my biochemistry homework and take a test for me? I'm like weeks behind, it is getting dire.

Hums: Jesus take the wheel...

You know, I can get the "idol" thing they are so worried about. Rather, I have my own take on it which does or does not in any way correspond to theirs.

But if they are thorough and critical enough to remove TV or Pepsi for being idols, HOW in the world can they not see the enormous idol they make their religion to be? I guess it's a safe way of having it- because it is "God" and God must mean good, right? :roll:

I just think they are the ultimate chickens for not facing the world in any way.

Can Jesus do my biochemistry homework and take a test for me? I'm like weeks behind, it is getting dire.

Hums: Jesus take the wheel...

Jesus doesn't heal amputees to bring the leg back. You can extrapolate from there.

But... it just makes me as always want to ask the Maxwells, if Jesus is so looking out for you, why does he let your transmission break down? And yes, I know it's a very old question in philosophy (as well as religion) but I'd like to see them even acknowledge that it's an issue.

I'd like to see them ask to see the Northern Lights while they're down there in Florida too, as I mention constantly, but I'm not holding my breath.

I checked out the new post. Shhhh...don't tell anyone (especially dad!) but it looks like they are having fun kayaking. And..they were wearing life jackets and being safe...unlike another fundie family we snark about ;)

Potentially dumb question......... are there not alligators in that water they are kayaking in? They're in Florida right? (or are they on their way to Florida and not there yet?)

JUst recalling previous trips to Florida and the alligator warnings....

(edited to correct my they're there their and its probably still wrong)

Archived