IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

So the Maxwells see the Lord's hand in fixing that bus, but where was He when Nathan and Melanie's baby died? How do they wrap their heads around THAT? He loves Uriah, but not a sweet, innocent, and much wanted baby?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also they try to hire Christians only too. but from what I have heard it can be a very lousy place to work. to be the boss you have to be a ober christian that does not divorce or cheat and you have to be a man too. it all fools people like stevie but if you look under the hood the nasty is there.

Meh, I had chick-fil-a once and didn't think it was that great. Haven't been back. I do like the fact that they close 1 day/week - I think making sure that your employees have some time off from work is a good thing. That said, if they really are only hiring Chrisitians or only promoting men, they're going to be in for it when someone sues them for religion or gender discrimination.

I checked if there were any Chick-A-Fil in MN, showed 2, both on college campuses. So, are they known for being on college campuses? I suppose I could try them once but I don't like what I'm reading about their hiring practices and I doubt they are better than Pollo Campero. I don't have a problem with Sunday closings, wish more places did it just to give workers a day with family or friends but I do have a problem with not hiring gays/lesbians or non-Christians.

I checked if there were any Chick-A-Fil in MN, showed 2, both on college campuses. So, are they known for being on college campuses?

They are EVERYWHERE in the South. Absolutely everywhere. At least in Birmingham. They are headquartered in Atlanta, so their presence here is not that surprising. There is only one in NYC and it's on the NYU campus, hidden away, I believe.

WonderingInWA, Chik-Fil-A does mean that they sell boneless chicken sandwiches. I don't know what Steve's problem is with beef. Afraid of Mad Cow perhaps? I do know I've seen too many trucks loaded up with white leghorn chicken jammed into crates on their way to the slaughterhouse here. It's one of the reasons I became a vegetarian. Feedlots are terrible places, but factory-farm chicken houses are, IMO, worse. The cows in a feedlot *may* have had some time in an actual pasture.

Feedlots are for "finishing," i.e. the last few months, so almost all beef cows do spend a majority of their time on pasture. Otherwise the costs would be astronomical.

Also, as far as minimizing suffering I've always thought it's best to eat meat from bigger animals, since it takes fewer total deaths to provide a certain amount of meat. This from the perspective of someone who would like to raise her own meat but has difficulty squashing bugs. :roll:

edit: Polyface worked with VF? Ack! I shall have to write to them :x

I checked if there were any Chick-A-Fil in MN, showed 2, both on college campuses. So, are they known for being on college campuses? I suppose I could try them once but I don't like what I'm reading about their hiring practices and I doubt they are better than Pollo Campero. I don't have a problem with Sunday closings, wish more places did it just to give workers a day with family or friends but I do have a problem with not hiring gays/lesbians or non-Christians.

htey're on my campus. I don't eat there. But funily the other day my gay friend in a domestic partnership who would like to be married ate there. And he pointed out I did not know where the profits of what I eat go...

The older I get, the more my concept of prayer changes. It's much less "give me this thing/condition I want," and more "give me the strength to persevere and to do the good I must."

The food is decent, and if someone else insists on going, I'll eat there, but I try to avoid Chik-fil-A because, as others have said, they're very rightwing in what causes they support. It's true that any big corp. will probably give money to the right wing, but at least most places balance it by also giving to the middle (Dems can not be called left-wing these days).

The other business I try to avoid when I can is Hobby Lobby. If I can't get it else where, I'll go there, but I look around for options before I cave on the issue.

I used to eat at Chick-fil-A all the time. I enjoyed their grilled chicken sandwiches and their strips were damn good. But when I found out about how the charity started by its founder refuses to help gay people in need, I quit going there instantly. I'll go when I'm with a friend or family member that wants to go since I don't want to pick fights with them, but otherwise I don't.

It's all right though. Why go to Chick-fil-A when there's Raisin' Cane's right by my house? :D

Hey Wolfie, do you live in a town or out in the country?

I live in a mid-size town and you can have up to three chickens.

I've had this weird idea on and off for a few years that I'd like

to have a few chickens. But then I move on to my next crazy idea and

forget about it. I don't anyone who has chickens here except I

pass by this one house on my way to my daughter's school that have

chickens and roosters running around everwhere. It must be wearing a

invisibility cloak to code enforcement.

I can't believe any fundie anywhere promotes a "fast food" restaurant.

This might mean the wife "gets out" of cooking for an evening, when we all

know the Bible is perfectly clear (quoting Kelly here) she must prepare a four-course dinner every evening without delay.

ARG... I had no idea Polyface was willing to speak at one of VF events. I'm hoping to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were doing it for farm exposure and didn't know about VF's extreme beliefs.

The company is expanding here. There are 2 large new stores opening soon. They are also located close to the malls where they have stores as well.

I don't like their food, why have processed chicken at the Galleria when I can have mongolian bbq and pick out what I want fresh and fast?

if they are only going to help their own kind they should only serve their own kind. no gays no unwed mothers no divorcees no single mothers no one that has had sex before and just in case after marriage. To take everyone's money but then reject most people is a bit on the evil christian side. reminds me of the Taliban that uses drug money to promote their beliefs.

So I'm just flipping sick and tired of Maxwell's and there self centered bullshit. Therefore, I posted this comment on their most recent blog. I highly doubt it will make it past moderation, but I just couldn't help myself

"Please explain to me how God can have his hand in your car troubles, but can’t step in and solve world hunger, women in abusive relationships, children dying of incurable diseases and multitude of other things. I know your answer is going to be “if they prayed for it, they would see action†but how do you know these people aren’t praying for these exact things every single day and see no response? I find it incredibly self centered that you continue to post about your car troubles when there are people you could be out helping. Have you and your family ever visited a homeless shelter and helped serve food? Learned about the problems facing your fellow human-beings and tried to make this world a better place? Instead it is clear you are stuck in a cult of your own making, where your car troubles trump even the birth of your grandchild!"

Someone ( I think it was Treemom IIRC) wrote them after Slave Lake AB Canada basically burned to the ground a few months after they did a presentation up there, asking them if they prayed for the people up there, the same people who supported their conference, who lost everything? I don't think she ever got a reply.

Don't forget - Total count of successful "conferences" held

:roll:

Add number of times Christ raised Uraiah from the dead.........and number of times things were taken away/stopped for becoming idols.

I also thought "Total number of times Dad reached into my chest and squeezed my heart," but I was saving some snark for later ;)

I live in the country, on an acre. I did have underground chickens when I lived in town before.

VF has materials from Polyface on their website, and some look to be specifically made for them and you can't find them on Polyface's website either. It makes me think that they knew what they were doing and figured that most mainstream to hippie folks wouldn't find the stuff on VF's website.

I like ChickFilA food, on occasion. It's certainly no worse (in several ways) than any of their similarly priced competition.

If I only ate food sold by corporations with whom I am in complete agreement on all topics, I would have starved to death.

However, to each his or her own. We are all different.

The only Chick-Fil-A I've ever seen is on my local university campus (in Illinois), so it makes me wonder if they've targeted that market.

The Chik- Fil-A part of the post has been amended - it no longer specifies that they were offered unlimited amounts.... do you think Steve thought they were making an idol of their fast food? Or maybe they were receiving 'stolen' goods from an employee? :lol:

If anything sinful went on at the restaurant last night, they'd better all be sat in the van, in full view of the diners, eating dry crackers for supper tonight..... :naughty:

*LOL* Well I'm glad I copied that part of the blog! :lol:

They take so many "freebies", food, shelter, gifts, etc. But they NEVER post how they've given in return. :naughty:

I don't eat there because of their donations to anti-LGBTQ causes. However, I have gay friends who love the chicken there and just can't quit stopping by! Oh, corporations. :)

Also, my former youth pastor runs a Chick-Fil-A now. It wasn't surprising at all when I learned that they view the franchises as kind of missionary establishments.

I don't eat there because of their donations to anti-LGBTQ causes. However, I have gay friends who love the chicken there and just can't quit stopping by! Oh, corporations. :)

Also, my former youth pastor runs a Chick-Fil-A now. It wasn't surprising at all when I learned that they view the franchises as kind of missionary establishments.

ya that's what they are. feeding the poor and all.

Archived