IGNORED

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Jinger is a Vuolo!

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

That aint no Jana! I'm pretty sure she's part of the Caldwell family who are good friends with the Duggars. Paul Caldwell is a pastor, I want to say of the church the Duggars currently go to but I'm not 100% on that. I have been observing that girl for a long time now (not in a wierd way!) and have noticed that she has spent a lot of times with the Duggars. She can be seen in the episode where Jill and Derrick arrive at the guest house. Here's a pic of the episode with her (I believe ) on the far left. I would say  she's a Caldwell but I'm not completely sure.

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 5.27.49 PM.png

I'm creeped out by how much she resembles a slightly bigger less attractive Jana

1 hour ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

I still cannot figure out how JB approved Bin to wed Jessa much less court her considering the whole grilling about finacial matters.

Then again Bin did say he was the starter of the application.

You forget money wasn't a concern when Duck Lips and Stoner tied the knot because the show was running strong. Then Joshmallow happened and it came crashing down. Suddenly money became a problem. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I read Jeremy's website and he didn't play up the friendship nearly as much as Ben and Jessa do. It might be the fact that Jer is a real adult with numerous friends so he doesn't need to make a big deal about knowing Ben. 

because he doesn't need them as much as they need him 

plain and simple 

Finally caught up after 5 days away on a business trip.  I get that people are excited about the wedding details, but I have to say I'm still sad.  Jinger had a spark and we've watched it become dimmer and dimmer as the years wore on.  She's fully marinated in kool aide and truly has no hope of every being "free."

I've changed my avatar to a black box in protest of her potential that has been lost, and the potential of all the fundie women who bow to their headships and accept their role as baby machines.  They will never spend 5 days on a business trip.  They'll never stand before a group of men in a position of authority.  They'll never make a decision about whether they should have a baby now or after the next promotion.  They'll never know the life that I and many of us have been blessed with.

Yesterday was not a happy day.  Its a day memorializing the loss of yet another woman to fundamentalism.

7 hours ago, Season of life... said:

I found it a bit disheartening that "Our Story" was just Jeremy's story. His thoughts, his feelings. 

Jinger's point of view was not represented at all. Where is her voice?

she doesn't have a voice 

Yet.... 

Yet ....

perhaps in a year she will 

Am I the only one who absolutely hates these bridesmaid dresses? They make the girls look wide and gross with the 3/4 sleeves and the strange lace with the straight skirt...almost look like fundie brides without veils. Seems off. I feel like even though Jessa and Jills weren't traditional bridesmaid dresses they were at least functional. The ones Jinger had will collect dust in a closet until the lost girls play dress up...and Josie will probably have one bleached white as her wedding dress.

6 hours ago, GreenTea said:

That is if they actually show the wedding this time. Before it's been rerun crazy. Little bit of wedding, tons of flashbacks. It's weird too because there are lots of parts to a wedding - aka LOTS to show on a reality TV program. The pre-wedding set up, bridesmaids/groomsmen  getting ready, the guests, if they wait and Jeremy sees Jinger in her wedding dress for the first time when walking down the aisle, the ceremony, the decorations, the reception/party afterwards, cake, and a goodbye on their way to the honeymoon. TLC does that show where they compare four weddings, so you would think they would know how to cover a wedding.   

The real test is going to be after things settle down. Jinger will be far from family/home living in Texas with her new husband. It is normal that she would be homesick. She also will have to do some reflection. She's been told what to think and do all her life. Hopefully she steps up and starts thinking for herself rather then always following Jeremy's opinions. As of now Jinger reminds me of that movie Runaway Bride where the woman changed her egg preferences to whatever her fiancé liked. 

if she is homesick that will be hard too see -if they film that 

remember when Jill was newly married living in the mcmansion and taking pictures of the dryer and posting 

and she lived like close by - 

I think it was being alone for the first time that freaked her out 

as for Jinger - we will have to see if she rises and shines 

55 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

She strikes me as a tomboy and probably hates dresses/getting done up

Even without that, constantly going to HUGE ass weddings that, I'm sorry, just cannot be fun. I mean, there's hardly any food, it must take forever especially with a full religious ceremony, there's no music and dancing, you sure as shit aren't getting drunk, and because there are constantly weddings it's not like you are even getting to see all these people you haven't seen in ages.

5 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

I was trying to think why so many of the reactions, in these threads, to Jinger's wedding are making me uncomfortable.

So many people are gaga for Jinger's dress and the bridesmaids' dresses and the church and the groom's clothes. So many people are saying this is the best fundy wedding yet, and that J&J have chosen a fabulous honeymoon destination etc., etc.

Today I realized the reason I'm bothered by all this enthusiasm for Jinger and Jeremy's nuptials: It means that people are falling for the Duggars' and TLC's plan.

All of this will translate, I have no doubt, into large numbers tuning in for the November 15th show. It will enrich TLC and the Duggars' bottom line. "Counting On" will be renewed and advertisers will return to support the show.

Oh I agree it's all an illusion because they want to project - no one is saying anything else

Grandma Voula just posted a congrats video 

:D 

I've been out most of the day so I just got caught up....phew! 

Josh severely gives me the creeps!!! But also made me remember that I do not like this family or their beliefs or what MEchelle and the boob have done to their children. They are two very twisted people. 

I wonder what the Vuolos and Jeremy's friends think about Josh-fuckingsmugcreeper-ly

engagement update: I didn't get a picture the ring but we left it in for resizing today. Jeweller thinks the band may have to be changed completely to one that fits which is tricky work apparently. All being well I should have my ring on my rightful finger in 4 weekish time 

3 hours ago, calimojo said:

I feel sort of bad for him if he wasn't since he supposedly helped with the picking out of the ring, and the surprise engagement.  That seems to be the kind of thing you would reward someone as an invite to be a groomsman.  But maybe Ben played another role?  Or maybe he was in the wedding party and We just haven't seen evidence of it yet

I don't feel bad for Ben and that is coming from me.  It's clear Ben is just using Jeremy and Jeremy sees right through him. 

Again I could be all wrong - he could have been his second in command 

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/06/josh-duggar-jinger-wedding-sister/

well smuggar made TMZ

and he still needs to be gone 

I'm pretty sure that Jessa's dress was chosen based on what she could wear that somewhat went with the other dresses.  Otherwise she'd also be in a full lace gown. 

And I really want more pictures .  :smellie_lol:

11 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Am I the only one who absolutely hates these bridesmaid dresses? They make the girls look wide and gross with the 3/4 sleeves and the strange lace with the straight skirt...almost look like fundie brides without veils. Seems off. I feel like even though Jessa and Jills weren't traditional bridesmaid dresses they were at least functional. The ones Jinger had will collect dust in a closet until the lost girls play dress up...and Josie will probably have one bleached white as her wedding dress.

I haaaaaaaaate long skirts anyway. That's just me and how I feel about them on me. If I do get married it'll probably be in a registry office (as a non-believer I'd feel too hypocritical in a church) and probably in a knee length dress. Or a bit longer, but NOT a great long floaty thing with a train. I would've used knee length or maybe midi dresses. But that's just me. Otherwise the dresses look lovely. Certainly better than the navy dresses at Turd's wedding. Navy will forever remind me of school uniforms. That wedding just looked so colourless. OK, navy can look good but those dresses were not it. So plain looking. Of course this is just me.

2 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm pretty sure that Jessa's dress was chosen based on what she could wear that somewhat went with the other dresses.  Otherwise she'd also be in a full lace gown. 

And I really want more pictures .  :smellie_lol:

She wore the same dress as the others.

2 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I haaaaaaaaate long skirts anyway. That's just me and how I feel about them on me. If I do get married it'll probably be in a registry office (as a non-believer I'd feel too hypocritical in a church) and probably in a knee length dress. Or a bit longer, but NOT a great long floaty thing with a train. I would've used knee length or maybe midi dresses. But that's just me. Otherwise the dresses look lovely. Certainly better than the navy dresses at Turd's wedding. Navy will forever remind me of school uniforms. That wedding just looked so colourless. OK, navy can look good but those dresses were not it. So plain looking. Of course this is just me.

I think changing the length of the skirts would have helped greatly, and paring them with an updo may also have helped. I wish they would have done shades of wine, or plum.

Finally caught up.

I do like Jinger's dress, hair and make up.  I think she does look happy and I think the teary shots are just that...no conspiracy...no secret fears or emotions.   They're just a single frame that the paps used because it was slightly less flattering.

Not a fan of the BM dresses....they remind me of the typical BM dress that will never be worn again.  Better than her sisters, but still frumpy.  Frankly any dress cut to accommodate a six month pregnant MOH isn't going to be flattering on the others.

Josh has a smart phone?   Where was his accountability partner?

Someone asked several pages back about Jer's shirt in the People's pic and the DM pic.  I think it's the same--just lighting lost the windowpane plaid...same tie.

I really hope we'll finally see a Duggar go fundie-lite.   Also, Pickles had posted pics of a shower.  Amy was at the shower, so I would hope she was invited to the wedding and just couldn't attend.

2 minutes ago, nst said:

what shocks me is that Spud can be around so many people and not freak out 

don't kids freak out when passed around endlessly to strangers 

Not all kids. Some are really mellow and don't really care who's holding them as long as they're getting attention. My oldest was like that. She'd go to anybody who'd have her. My youngest...if your name wasn't mama, he wasn't having it. 

I think Spud is used to being around a lot of people, heck, he's surrounded by a lot of people at the TTH so he's probably used to it. 

From the pictures I've see, everything about this wedding was tacky. Sorry, but it was.

I think I like the top of the dresses but not that it's super long (which could easily be because of them not altering the bottom).

I was talking to my parents about the wedding and my mom has boycotted to never watch the show, and to my dad I was like  "yeah Jinger's my age and her now husband is 28" and he was like "oh that doesn't seem bad age wise, then I was like LOL you don't know this family cause I feel like just like you guys that it will still rub me the wrong way that Jeremy went for someone like Jinger in terms of how she grew up and being mature wise very stunted.

Also I don't know if any of you feel the same but whenever I read about the wedding, I get so annoyed that they still refer to Jeremy as a soccer player, when he's been out for years. Like yes he used to but I don't know I'm like ugh he's a pastor now, soccer is long gone. 

5 minutes ago, nst said:

what shocks me is that Spud can be around so many people and not freak out 

don't kids freak out when passed around endlessly to strangers 

So I know with my family, growing up we were always having family functions, and most of the time when we had these functions other people that were relatives would also be there and at least speaking for my family we just got so used to be around many people that my parents were always surprised with how we wouldn't mind traveling to other laps. I'm getting the same vibe with Spurgeon and the Duggars.

@faraway Jessa's dress was short sleeved and only had a lace bodice. the neckline was different too. The others had full lace dresses with long sleeves. Definitely not the same dress. 

They all had a lace bodice and a tulle bottom. Jessa's sleeves went to her elbow as well. They look absolutely identical to me...

Jinger's Bridesmaids.JPG

31 minutes ago, nst said:

Oh I agree it's all an illusion because they want to project - no one is saying anything else

Grandma Voula just posted a congrats video 

:D 

Where is grandma's video?

Speaking of grandmas where was Grandma Duggar?

3 minutes ago, JMO said:

@faraway Jessa's dress was short sleeved and only had a lace bodice. the neckline was different too. The others had full lace dresses with long sleeves. Definitely not the same dress. 

All the dresses were just lace bodices, and yes, Jessa's dress also has elbow length sleeves. If you blow up the picture, you can see a sliver of the sleeve by her elbow behind the wall o' hair. So yes, all the dresses were the same. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3910740/Jessa-Duggar-shows-pregnant-belly-Jinger-s-wedding.html

19 minutes ago, JMO said:

Edited cuz other people beat me to it!

Jinger's Bridesmaids.JPG

Poor Joy. She looks so pissed in that pic, plus, that clamp holding those curtains together looks like it's dangling off the ends of her hair. 

Britton Felber just confirmed that the People photo spread will be released tomorrow. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived