IGNORED

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Jinger is a Vuolo!

choralcrusader8613

Really enjoyed reading this thread and the previous one. 

I really liked Jeremy's suit, but he messed up the shirt, which should have been in a solid color with a striped suit like that, preferably white (more elegant) but very light blue could do. I liked the tie, but a silver silk tie would have been more elegant and not at all out of place with the color pattern of the ceremony. The shoes are just not appropriate - although I generally like brown shoes, they are not suited for an elegant ceremony.  Brown = sporty, no matter the design. As far as I know, for a man, whatever the color of the suit, the elegant shoe must always be black, with socks in a fine fabric and dark color to match the shoes.

I thought Jinger's dress and hairdo suited her well, and I am happy to see that she did not overdo the tacky orange tanner. I like the bridesmaids dresses in different colors, and plus points for the parents of the groom. Mrs. Vuolo was stunning in her blue dress. 

I may be proven wrong, but I definitely think that the Vuolos has a huge hand in planning this, perhaps with the help of some TLC image consultants/stylists. The Duggars are tacky, plain and simple. 

Extra minus points for Smuggard, who always makes me want to puke, and for Jinger's running black eyeliner (too much of it!). Unlike the Duggars, I am betting the Vuolos would actually be embarrassed to feed melting ice cream to their guests - or at least that is the vibe I got - so perhaps there is some hope in the food department at the reception. 

Having said that, I sincerely hope that JinJer's wedding does not make more people buy into this batsh*t crazy cult and get suckered into thinking they are normal people. Also, I hope that this is NOT Smuggard's ticket back into the show.

To Jinger and Jeremy, I wish happiness in their marriage. What I am hoping for is that Jinger latches on to the Vuolo women's example, and sees that one can be a Christian without being a wack-job like her parent. Although I find the idea that she would able to do certain things only after being married really sad, I do hope that she has found a husband who cherishes her and encourages her in her personal development, who knows, like pursuing higher education, or a serious photography business, etc? One can dream, at least. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

There's nothing innately wrong with the girls wearing their hair down. It would be a gorgeous style for someone who usually just throws her hair in a ponytail or a messy bun. The point is that the Duggar girls have perfectly-styled waves nearly every day- thus, having it on their wedding day isn't special anymore. I don't see anything wrong with wearing your hair down for your wedding, especially if it's what you're most comfortable with. But it isn't fun or new or fancy, in Jill and Jessa's cases.

I'd love to see hot hors d'oeuvres (yes I googled how to spell that) or something of substance if you're having your wedding during a meal time, so your guests aren't starving. If it's not at a meal time, just some classy snacks and cake would be good. I've always been taught that you shouldn't invite more people than you can feed. I've only been to sit-down dinners (as is usual in my corner of the USA) but buffets and family-style are common. Since Jinge and Jeremy had their wedding at... 2? I think? The guests would probably eat lunch before hand and get home in time for dinner. So cake and punch makes sense, to me.

My anaconda don't want none unless you got man bun(s), hun. 

I usually hate "bride hair" usually because it is done badly and doesn't fit with the veil. Add to that as long and thick has Jil and Jessa's hair was/is up dos really aren't feesable. Jinger's hair is a little shorter and thinner so she can easily pull it up.  I worse my hair very similar to how I always wore it, and I loved the look I got, it was me just a bit more dolled up, I didn't want to look like someone  else on my wedding day I wanted to be me just a little better dressed. 

4 hours ago, AnnaB said:

499626145e9bd88c61eca203f357a721.jpg

Anyone know who this could be?

Joe, Joy, and judging by the hair color of the third person, Jana. 

I think Jeremy's look at Jinger was a " Please don't cry babe.  I really don't know how to help a crying woman with her emotions' type of look.  He probably has never had to comfort a woman , except in a pastor role.  Remember, this is very new to both of them.  They both have to learn each others emotional response to different situations.

4 hours ago, AnnaB said:

499626145e9bd88c61eca203f357a721.jpg

Anyone know who this could be?

That is a very "courting esque" type stroll, man chaperone woman.  Maybe, or just maybe 2 people walking across the grounds. 

I just want to say that I think FJ just loves to snark on a fundie wedding, regardless of the couple or family involved. I've read plenty of threads about other weddings and they were similar to this - looking for pictures and scouting the web for new info. This is part of FJ to me and I don't think it negates the overarching discussion about these groups/cults being harmful. I think the occasional light-hearted commentary on weddings and babies takes the edge off the truly awful things we also discuss here. And by recognizing and humanizing the people we discuss we can keep from sinking to their level and broadly demonizing entire groups. These are real people with hopes and dreams, if we forget that then we forget what we are trying to do here by urging them to be free.

5 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

I want to say Carlin Bates but I feel I might be wrong

Pretty sure it's not any of the Bateses and definitely not a Duggar. And the hidden girl is barefoot and maybe skipping, given the flying hair, so probably on the younger end of the young woman spectrum.

1 minute ago, metheglyn said:

Pretty sure it's not any of the Bateses and definitely not a Duggar. And the hidden girl is barefoot and maybe skipping, given the flying hare, so probably on the youger end of the young woman spectrum.

It's Jana's hair - long and fine, and the guy is JOE (not Joy's imaginary boyfriend)! It looks like they're arriving at the church before getting dressed. 

11 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

having my son's school tell me they didn't have staff with the right capabilities to handle him so my only option was to homeschool.

I thought  public schools were federally and legally mandated to provide an education appropriate to the needs of a student?  Is this not the case?  (off topic, and I'm sorry, I'm just so curious about this)

US Magazine has an article out and has some insider info:

According to the insider, guests noshed on meatballs, cheese, crackers and veggies at the reception, with three flavors of cupcakes for dessert: chocolate, cranberry and pumpkin.

Here's the link to the full article.

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

It's Jana's hair - long and fine, and the guy is JOE (not Joy's imaginary boyfriend)! It looks like they're arriving at the church before getting dressed. 

Definitely Joe, but which one are you saying is Jana? Because the one in the purple sweater looks nothing like Jana facially and we can't see the other one. 

5 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Pretty sure it's not any of the Bateses and definitely not a Duggar. And the hidden girl is barefoot and maybe skipping, given the flying hare, so probably on the youger end of the young woman spectrum.

Okay, because I've definitely seen a pretty identical skirt to that one before on Carlin before and the face/hair look a little familiar too, though I think her hair's normally a little darker

That's not Carlin or any Bates and the person behind them is a child. Could Joe be courting her? Does she belong to some other fundie family we snark on?

Also Meredith is too big for that car seat if her legs are hanging out like that. Shocker.

1 hour ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

"Ooh, hello Olivia. How would you like to be my prayer partner?" :kitty-shifty:

"Cisco, is that you? There are so many hot girls here, and I'm having impure thoughts."

17 minutes ago, NewOrleansLady said:

I think Jeremy's look at Jinger was a " Please don't cry babe.  I really don't know how to help a crying woman with her emotions' type of look.  He probably has never had to comfort a woman , except in a pastor role.  Remember, this is very new to both of them.  They both have to learn each others emotional response to different situations.

He said they have cried, so I am assuming they had a cried fest and may know how to console her.

17 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That is a very "courting esque" type stroll, man chaperone woman.  Maybe, or just maybe 2 people walking across the grounds. 

It could be Joy in the coral dress and no shoes. 

Joy's in the purple with the ponytail. Remember, she's the busty one. It's just an angle of her we're not used to. 

eta: Also remember that Joy and Jana basically travel together now, because they have to be accountable to each other and all the other older girls are gone. 

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

Joy's in the purple with the ponytail. Remember, she's the busty one. It's just an angle of her we're not used to. 

That's 100% not Joy or any other Duggar girl

Well compared to the photo of her in her bridesmaid dress her hair looks very blonde in that photo. To me it kinda looks like Joy, Michael (Bates) and Erin (Bates) Paine combined...

1 hour ago, Finduilas said:

3A1F08AC00000578-3910552-image-a-28_1478From the daily Mail

At least he does some form of exercise ....

Someone posted that he had lost weight...I'm not seeing it?  He had slimmed down in Jesus-rehab, but appears to have rekindled his love affair with tater tot casserole...

US Magazine article. Includes deets about the food:

"

According to the insider, guests noshed on meatballs, cheese, crackers and veggies at the reception, with three flavors of cupcakes for dessert: chocolate, cranberry and pumpkin.

“There was no first dance at the reception, no dancing at all,” the source added, citing the family’s religious background. "

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jinger-duggar-talks-wedding-to-jeremy-vuolo-its-incredible-w448821

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived