IGNORED

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Jinger is a Vuolo!

choralcrusader8613

39 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

She's surrounded by people telling her how Godly she is for staying with her husband despite Satan leading him astray. While I'm sure they guilt tripped her into staying in the beginning (since she wasn't joyfully available enough or whatever), after the smoke cleared it would make since to switch gears and load up on the praise. Even if things remain shitty, and lbr they will, if everyone around you is telling you you're doing the right thing, it's gonna be a lot harder to go against that. 

I'm pretty sure this is not going to be a very popular opinion  but I'm a bit uncomfortable with this line of thinking . You have an election coming up where one candidate was very publicly  cheated on and humiliated on a world stage . She decided to stay with her husband  and people aren't accusing her of being guilt tripped into it . The point is , nobody really knows anything about their marriage so I think it's unfair to everyone involved here  to assume that Anna is held hostage by Jim Bob Duggar and chained to Josh against her will .  She has siblings who left , she has options .

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Instagram pictures that someone posted earlier - we have J'chelle. Did she seriously wear a white top to her daughter's wedding?!?!

image.jpeg

And the clogs...lawd have mercy, she appears to have worn the clogs.  

30 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

Why did they ruin the elegance of their dresses with those shoes? I get that they don't love heels (although I remember pics of Anna wearing cute heels in DC), but couldn't they have a least done kitten heels or strappy heeled sandals?

Meh, Joy's shoes aren't that bad but I hate Jana's. Though she really seems to like those flowery details on shoes (she wore similar shoes to Michael Bates wedding). I agree though, Duggar girls aren't the greatest at accessorizing more formal attire. An up-do would also make the dresses look more elegant. 

WHAT?!?! Why the hell would she do that?!? :-0 Do I smell a scandal? Is this Jinger's way of stealing thunder? Or did they just want the 1/6/16 date....I should talk I picked 8/15/15 so I wouldn't forget mine! (Still forget it sometimes whoops). 

This has all been discussed at length leading up to the wedding. Scroll back and you'll find lots of thoughts on the topic.

about the changing clothes thing...it honestly is one of the most confusing things i have ever seen. I was in a friends wedding in Georgia a few years back and everyone who wore a suit or dress clothes to that wedding as soon as the exact ceremony was over changed from that into either camo or more casual clothes...

Jesus H Christ...Meeechelle couldn't be assed to dress up for her daughter's wedding? My son got married in a park for God's sake and I dressed up more than her! (extremely small and quick wedding, we took them out to dinner afterwards). I wore a really cute skirt and top and sandals...and even did my hair fancier than usual. 

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck....what a bunch of hicks...(and coming from a usually barefoot redneck, that's saying something)

17 minutes ago, hasunah said:

I'm pretty sure this is not going to be a very popular opinion  but I'm a bit uncomfortable with this line of thinking . You have an election coming up where one candidate was very publicly  cheated on and humiliated on a world stage . She decided to stay with her husband  and people aren't accusing her of being guilt tripped into it . The point is , nobody really knows anything about their marriage so I think it's unfair to everyone involved here  to assume that Anna is held hostage by Jim Bob Duggar and chained to Josh against her will .  She has siblings who left , she has options .

This has been debated before, but one thing to remember is that Anna was raised in an environment where she was told to always be submissive and catering to your husband, divorce is hated by God and that a woman's calling in life is to be a wife and a mother. She was denied skills and education that would enable her to be financially and emotionally independent. Hilary Clinton, is a very powerful woman with her own money, career and goals.

She's been pressured heavily to have the "right response" AKA forgive Josh and still be a dutiful wife to him. Leaving would be immensely difficult for her (emotionally, mentally, financially, spiritually).

So no, Anna doesn't have as much choice in leaving her marriage as say HRC. She may not even realize some of the options she does have. 

Just now, feministxtian said:

Jesus H Christ...Meeechelle couldn't be assed to dress up for her daughter's wedding? My son got married in a park for God's sake and I dressed up more than her! (extremely small and quick wedding, we took them out to dinner afterwards). I wore a really cute skirt and top and sandals...and even did my hair fancier than usual. 

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck....what a bunch of hicks...(and coming from a usually barefoot redneck, that's saying something)

Honestly, I wouldn't necessarily say this is related to what she wore to the wedding, since it's from the afterparty. The Instagram story shows a lot of people changed into casual clothes. She's still dressier than JB in this, so hopefully she did change.

JB Afterparty.JPG

The Vuolo mother looked lovely.

Grandma Mary looked lovely.

Michelle? Even the tin man dress would have been an improvement over the two outfits I've seen so far. (pink blouse/sweater, and black skirt/white blazer/shirt.)

PLEASE God let her have dressed a bit better than THAT.

For anyone wondering what happened to the new thread, while this one was briefly locked:

I messed up. :)

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic

Time will tell how this marriage goes down. I'd prefer it to be loving and caring, I want at least that for Jinger. She will probably spend her days being a pastor's wife and mom of many. I believe I have had more exposure to life at 19 than she has at 22. Here's to hoping they actually love one another.

18 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

For anyone wondering what happened to the new thread, while this one was briefly locked:

I messed up.

I thought I had lost my mind or my phone was going wonky after dealing with the Duggars. 

Just now, grandmadugger said:

I thought I had lost my mind or my phone was going wonky after dealing with the Duggars. 

Sorry, it was all me wanting to get the next ear-worm out there as quickly as possible. :)

52 minutes ago, hasunah said:

I was thinking the same, but you expressed it better than I would have.

The other point for me is that it seems sometimes that men are held accountable for their shitty actions while the women get more of a pass from the brainwashing, dysfunctional upbringing, etc.. Not sure why because the guys were raised in the same messed up mindset.

Im not giving men a pass, to the contrary; at a certain point adults are responsible for their actions and especially how those actions affect their children.  At some point when a lifestyle is damaging others an adult needs to be responsible for their own choices regardless of their upbringing.  

To hold men accountable for not rising above their upbringing, but excuse women for remaining the message seems to be women are less capable so can't quite expect as much from them.

Any parent who chooses to raise their children in a culture where their daughter's potential, aside from procreation, will be ignored and all of your children's educational and career opportunities curtailed needs to own those choices.  It's not easy to break away to be sure - but however manipulative ones family adults are responsible for the choices they make.

3 hours ago, hollywood said:

Ever notice during these parties of theirs, when there are so many people and everyone is occupied, how easy it must be for a couple to sneak away and go make out in secret on the side of the house or something? 

I recall there being a quote from the Great Gatsby along the lines of detesting small parties because there is no privacy at small parties.... and it's very true - easier to get lost in a crowd.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

That was her first big O! :D

Grandma's video. She looks nice. Sounds like they filmed her in the bathroom of the reception hall. 

Grandma Duggar looks lovely, Why did Boob and DQ looks so horrid?  Can't she, as Boob's mother tell him what a twat he looks like? 

14 hours ago, Mrs.Right said:

I'm sure Ma and Pa are crossing their fingers that this wedding saves what little reputation they have left. I'm sure they're hoping that if this wedding is a success with ratings, the WHOLE family (Smugs included) will be back on the TLC gravy train. 

And maybe Jeremy had more of a say in how TLC allocated money for the wedding than JimBoob has had in the past. 

Coming from an ex-Mormon, I can tell you, the Mormon wedding ceremony takes like 10-15 minutes. I was completely shocked how quick the ceremony was when I was married, since that was the first Mormon temple wedding I had ever attended. Some guy (marriage officiant we met 10 minutes before the ceremony) gave his spiel on how marriage is sacred and then before I knew it, it was over. Kind of a let down. 

Were you endowed with garments already?  Because doesn't that part take a while?  The whole washing, and the dressing in the white outfits and the revealing of the veil of the temple?  Doesn't all that come before the marriage ceremony?

Just want to say that I think Jinger looked lovely. Not sure about the bm dresses. I need to see better pictures. Much nicer than Jill's with the strange white modesty panel underneath, or Jessa's with the ruffle which did not draw your attention to their countenances.

I hope Jinger is happy. We've been rooting for her for a long time on FJ. Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Just want to say that I think Jinger looked lovely. Not sure about the bm dresses. I need to see better pictures. Much nicer than Jill's with the strange white modesty panel underneath, or Jessa's with the ruffle which did not draw your attention to their countenances.

I hope Jinger is happy. We've been rooting for her for a long time on FJ. Time will tell.

do you think that they will get the cover of People? because in some threads below you mentioned that the photographer said it's coming out on Monday which makes sense re election day 

I am thinking a side panel and then 4 pages inside and then in US magazine 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived