IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 11: Future Baby Mama

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

So, if the Duggars believe that they're all going to meet up in heaven, including the unborn, how are they going to explain to Caleb that he didn't rate  J name? OK, I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

At risk of sounding sensitive...is it really necessary to mock a miscarriage? Friends and family of mine have been through that and nothing is funny about losing a child. 

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

At risk of sounding sensitive...is it really necessary to mock a miscarriage? Friends and family of mine have been through that and nothing is funny about losing a child. 

She did not mock a miscarriage, rather how and particularly when, the parents handled naming and acknowledging  said potential child. 

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She did not mock a miscarriage, rather how and particularly when, the parents handled naming and acknowledging  said potential child. 

She said about being in heaven and being deceased, making a joke out of parents speaking to their dead child. That isn't funny. It's disrespectful to anyone who has been to the funeral of a dead baby and watched the parents grieve. 

1 minute ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

She said about being in heaven and being deceased, making a joke out of parents speaking to their dead child. That isn't funny. It's disrespectful to anyone who has been to the funeral of a dead baby and watched the parents grieve. 

They didn't have a funeral for Caleb, he didn't even really have a name. He was just talked of as the miscarriage that sent them fundie. Jubliee wasn't mentioned it was Caleb the miscarriage. 

14 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I experienced a miscarriage this past February - my due date would have been sometime last week, so I'm a bit sensitive about it at the moment. But at no point did I get the sense that the other poster was mocking miscarriages.

4 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I'm not sure if you're confused or not about the terms. Caleb was a very early miscarriage for the Duggars, so there was no funeral or body. Same as my miscarriage. It was different for the loss of Jubilee because she was a stillbirth - but the poster did not mention Jubilee at all.

Losing a very wanted pregnancy hurts no matter how early, but I don't see anything wrong with the joke that was made. The poster was joking about the naming theme and their religious beliefs - not mocking the very real loss they experienced. 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

They didn't have a funeral for Caleb, he didn't even really have a name. He was just talked of as the miscarriage that sent them fundie. Jubliee wasn't mentioned it was Caleb the miscarriage. 

The deeply religious Christian also said she believes she will be reunited with both of the babies in the afterlife.

She said: 'We named that baby Caleb even though we didn't know if it was a boy or girl because that miscarriage was early.

'We will name this child and will know that we will see those children again someday in heaven.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2072261/Michelle-Duggar-miscarriage-19-Kids-Counting-star-plans-final-farewell-baby.html#ixzz4PHp42BWw 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So they knew the baby was coming, they expected the birth, and then he or she died. It's not necessary to make fun of this dead baby!!!! Funeral or no funeral they mourned they grieved it's so disrespectful.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I experienced a miscarriage this past February - my due date would have been sometime last week, so I'm a bit sensitive about it at the moment. But at no point did I get the sense that the other poster was mocking miscarriages.

I'm not sure if you're confused or not about the terms. Caleb was a very early miscarriage for the Duggars, so there was no funeral or body. Same as my miscarriage. It was different for the loss of Jubilee because she was a stillbirth - but the poster did not mention Jubilee at all.

Losing a very wanted pregnancy hurts no matter how early, but I don't see anything wrong with the joke that was made. The poster was joking about the naming theme and their religious beliefs - not mocking the very real loss they experienced. 

I'm sorry for your loss. I just found no humor in this situation and i find it triggering after watching people i care about also deal with this loss. I'm going to walk away from this topic thread and let you all carry on.

4 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I'm sorry for your loss. I just found no humor in this situation and i find it triggering after watching people i care about also deal with this loss. I'm going to walk away from this topic thread and let you all carry on.

Thank you.

Each person deals with this type of loss differently. I'm a positive person and humor is what I rely on most of the time in difficult situations. I personally found the comment amusing, but I respect that other people who have experienced a loss may feel otherwise. I don't intend to speak for everyone who has suffered a loss on this subject though - just myself. I honestly don't think the miscarriage itself was the target of the joke at all.

Walking away may be a good choice for you at the moment. Go do something you find relaxing for a little bit if you're feeling upset or triggered. You can always come back to the conversation here (or on another thread) at a later time. :pb_smile:

And now for something completely different: The Seewalds (most of them anyway, Jessica is AWOL, as is one other, I only count five here) with the birthday boy Spurge at the wedding. 

3 minutes ago, marmalade said:

And now for something completely different: The Seewalds (most of them anyway, Jessica is AWOL, as is one other, I only count five here) with the birthday boy Spurge at the wedding. 

Nope, that's all of them minus Jessica and Ben.  I believe there are just 7 including Ben.

and this is what bothers me - if Spud is around so many people and doesn't know who the important people in his life apart from hangers on ie Flame and Jennifer H, and the tacos lady etc and his real family Mr and Mrs Grandma Seewald- i feel for him.

8 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Nope, that's all of them minus Jessica and Ben.  I believe there are just 7 including Ben.

D'oh! I forgot to count Ben! Well, give me credit for recognizing that there was another one missing. LOL

I wonder how often the Seewalds actually get to see Spurge? Benessa don't film ALL the time; there has to be some interaction with his side of the family...RIGHT???

3 minutes ago, marmalade said:

D'oh! I forgot to count Ben! 

Haha!  The funny thing is that Spurge perfectly fits into that picture.  They're young enough for him to be theirs.

2 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I think it was actually a legitimate question. The way the Duggar parents have treated the Caleb miscarriage doesn't seem entirely compatible with their own belief system, and I think it's reasonable to wonder how they would reconcile that inconsistency if they turned out to be correct in their view of the afterlife. *shrug*

53 minutes ago, marmalade said:

What's the name of the daughter on the far right? She's pretty and I like the almost vampy look she has going on.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

That's Danielle of the Eyebrows. 

I think her eyebrows are dramatic and fun and really suit her look. I'm also LOVING her non-Gothard smile/smirk. Is she a pants wearer? 

8 minutes ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

I think her eyebrows are dramatic and fun and really suit her look. I'm also LOVING her non-Gothard smile/smirk. Is she a pants wearer? 

They are (or were, at least)

5 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

They are (or were, at least)

I hope she still is/will be again! I don't know if I've ever seen such a stunning fundie, almost don't believe she's Bin's family. :wow:

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

D'oh! I forgot to count Ben! Well, give me credit for recognizing that there was another one missing. LOL

I wonder how often the Seewalds actually get to see Spurge? Benessa don't film ALL the time; there has to be some interaction with his side of the family...RIGHT???

You'd think that there would be. I know there's some distance but it's not like Ben and Jessa really have anything to do when they're not filming. They could definitely go see his family! Spurgie is so cute! I adore his curls! Once again, it's too bad who his parents are. 

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

That's Danielle of the Eyebrows. 

Isn't she younger than she looks?  Not sure how old.  And she's a singer, right?

10 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

Isn't she younger than she looks?  Not sure how old.  And she's a singer, right?

Think she's 16. She does look more mature.

The Seewalds were not ATI and the girls wear pants.  I think Danielle and Jessica took dance/ballet too.  They wear skirts around the Duggars, probably just to fit in.  Guinn occasionally shows pics with Spurge so they do see him just not sure how much.

45 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Think she's 16. She does look more mature.

Oh wow! I would not have guessed that she is 16. Definitely a very pretty girl though. 

danielle is gorgeous. i remember jessa posted a video a while back of danielle singing, she's pretty good!

In comments: Isn't that Pickles from Facebook? I was surprised by her comment. I wonder if Jessica Seewald is one of her sources.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 12.54.30 PM.png

18 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

In comments: Isn't that Pickles from Facebook? I was surprised by her comment. I wonder if Jessica Seewald is one of her sources.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 12.54.30 PM.png

Ugh a Trump support. :( She may be one of Pickles sources. That's completely possible. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived