IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 11: Future Baby Mama

samurai_sarah

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Well Ben's not very bright...:P 

I wonder how he thinks he is going to support all these kids in the future, without a job? Does he not look at Josh and see himself in 7 years?

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SassyPants said:

I wonder how he thinks he is going to support all these kids in the future, without a job? Does he not look at Josh and see himself in 7 years?

I'm not really sure he does. Ben seems to be the type that believes he's better than lesser mortals. So...nah probably not. That is where he is headed though. Loads of kids and a realization that he does have to support them. 

18 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

The name looks like spurgeon, but the one with the S on it was definitely Spurgeon's from last year. So I guess the new baby is getting a hand me down stocking. The S could easily stand for seewald or the new baby's name. They definitely want people to speculate. 

At least it is just one stocking. . .

22 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

^ lol . . .

Doing a quick Google search on the first Spurgeon, shows a few suggestions of who else to look up (I have no idea if all these people compliment each other on the same ideals, or are used to compare how different they are - so take these with a grain of salt, in regards if they'd be picked for Number Two):

Moody, Wesley, Whitefield, and Calvin.

Something tells me they'll try to outdo Spurgeon . . .

Hey just to clarify, I wasn't trying to say the names listed would outdo the name Spurgeon.  My last sentence was an afterthought, separate from the names listed.

I should have posted it like this:

*snip* . . . so take these with a grain of salt, in regards if they'd be picked for Number Two):
Moody, Wesley, Whitefield, and Calvin.

Though on second thought, something tells me they'll try to outdo Spurgeon . . .

______

As for the instragram pic, someone on Tumblr suggested that the 2nd stocking was "feminine", so they theorized a girl name starting with "S".  Since we have SS for Spurgeon Seewald, I don't think it's a stretch (sorry if this was mentioned already - I literally logged on, saw my notices, and have to get right back off again bc of the kiddos, so I didn't have time to read the last few pages!)

16 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

As for the instragram pic, someone on Tumblr suggested that the 2nd stocking was "feminine", so they theorized a girl name starting with "S".  Since we have SS for Spurgeon Seewald, I don't think it's a stretch (sorry if this was mentioned already - I literally logged on, saw my notices, and have to get right back off again bc of the kiddos, so I didn't have time to read the last few pages!)

The second stocking was Spurgeon's from last year, so definitely doesn't indicate that they're having a girl. It could mean it's an S name, or it could just be S for baby Seewald. I don't think we can really tell anything from the stockings.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

The second stocking was Spurgeon's from last year, so definitely doesn't indicate that they're having a girl. It could mean it's an S name, or it could just be S for baby Seewald. I don't think we can really tell anything from the stockings.

Ah.  Thanks for filling me in on the previously used stocking, disregard my theory then :P

8 hours ago, nst said:

I love your experience... because it was filmed with warmth 

my mom had an experience where the hospital refused to give her more blankets so she always told me she was freezing 

That's so mean, why wouldn't they give her a blanket? I can not even imagine being cold. I was so hot during delivery I threw of a sheet that some poor nurse tried to cover me with. She was probably just trying to give me some dignity, but I really didn't care what the people in there saw I just wanted the baby out. :)

Homebirth is not very popular in Sweden. And I chose the hospital where I would be closest to the operating room in case something went wrong. I knew I would never have been able to forgive myself otherwise. 

7 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I'm envious of the fact that neither of these two numb nuts works and yet they have their own decorated home and one and a half kids, in their early twenties.

This life is so different from anything I experience in an expensive city where people work their asses off in college and then work and save money constantly until they're thirty to afford to have one kid and a townhouse. 

Or they move back in with their parents because any entry level job that doesn't require 5 years of experience is an unpaid internship.

3 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Man, that sounds pretty awesome, @nst. Some years I would love to just take off for Christmas and forget the whole thing. This is one of those years. On the plus side, this shitty 2016 is almost over.  Our very own Annus Horribilis.

"Anus" is a good way to describe this year.

16 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Or they move back in with their parents because any entry level job that doesn't require 5 years of experience is an unpaid internship.

Ugh, yes. The way the Bates and Duggar young marrieds live just does not compute. I lived at home and saved up until I was TWENTY EIGHT to move out and have a financial cushion. And my round trip commute was nearly three hours. 

(And uphill both ways. :character-oldtimer: )

40 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

That's so mean, why wouldn't they give her a blanket? I can not even imagine being cold. I was so hot during delivery I threw of a sheet that some poor nurse tried to cover me with. She was probably just trying to give me some dignity, but I really didn't care what the people in there saw I just wanted the baby out. :)

Homebirth is not very popular in Sweden. And I chose the hospital where I would be closest to the operating room in case something went wrong. I knew I would never have been able to forgive myself otherwise. 

I'm with you on the blankets But I've had horrible nurses and been treated terribly in the hospital, so it can happen. When/IF it happens remember to complain to the hospital, remember the nurses and aids names what room you or your loved one was in and the house nurse (or head nurse of the hospital) what happened.   

L&D nursers are used to outbursts from laboring women.  I threw a blood pressure cuff AND a telephone, after 20+ hours of laboring and about 3 hours of pushing, I was DONE, exhausted it was 11 pm on Nov 27th and I hadn't slept but MAYBE 2 hours since 6:00 am on Nov 26th. That was when the head nurse on l&d heard and came to see "what the hell was going on" and my poor little nurse, who was new, got an ear full for not calling her sooner. I also advise not giving birth on a holiday if at all possible. 

I do laugh about things like modesty, when I was a teen I was always horrified that my mom would come to my room naked, I'm like do you have no shame woman? After I had my 1st baby, yeah, you don't.  I had more people looking and or sticking their hand up my vag than I ever though possible. After pooping in the table and having 6 or 7 people looking at wide spread crotch and then another group of nurses fondling your breasts and hooking yourself up to a breast pump not much else can embarrass a woman.  

19 hours ago, ophelia said:

Unfortunately it is a fundie trend that often comes with a lack of prenatal care and unprofessional supervised deliveries which make homebirths look like something only uneducated and ignorant people would try and that makes me mad. I haven't got any children yet, but when I imagine giving birth I always think of having a homebirth. I would, of course, only do that if all prenatal check ups were totally fine, if I had a professional midwive that I trust, if I still lived in an urban region where the next hospital isn't more than a few minutes away and my partner is okay and also feels comfortable about it. I don't really want to show off how brave or holy or whatever I am, it is just a feeling, a wish that I carry deep inside of me for several years now. Maybe, once I find out I'm pregnant, all these plans get irrelevant, I guess I'll see.

I have a few friends who gave birth at home and loved the experience, homebirths here in canada arent much more risky than hospital births. I personally wasnt comfortable with it but i did give birth at a birth centre and loved it.

15 hours ago, Lurky said:

I know I'm in a minority, but I like Jessa most (dislike her least?) of all the kidults.  I like her DGAFness, I was surprised how well she backed up Jill in the shower rack video, and made it seem understandable, and I really like the way she's so damn good at publicity.  Just putting up an extra stocking and she's got the speculation bus racing, which I reckon was the idea. 

[snip]

I like (dislike the least) jessa too. I also dont know why people keep saying jessa got the short end of the stick as far as husband's go as i think their relationship appears the closest to equal. I mean, derick isnt no prize pig and just because he has a degree doesnt make him more able to provide, dude has gone full hobo jesus and is dragging his wife and kid into his ego boosting ventures. I dont know about jeremy, we'll see in a year but he's gotta have a few screws loose to marry into the duggar clan. At least ben has the excuse that he was born into a fundie family and so duggar crazy is somewhat normal to him.

It also seems like jessa and ben are more equal as partners, she doesnt look like she'd take his shit.

I still have hope they'll leave once TLC money dries up. Maybe jessa will write the tell-all to make some cash.

38 minutes ago, Chevreuil said:

I like (dislike the least) jessa too. I also dont know why people keep saying jessa got the short end of the stick as far as husband's go as i think their relationship appears the closest to equal. I mean, derick isnt no prize pig and just because he has a degree doesnt make him more able to provide, dude has gone full hobo jesus and is dragging his wife and kid into his ego boosting ventures. I dont know about jeremy, we'll see in a year but he's gotta have a few screws loose to marry into the duggar clan. At least ben has the excuse that he was born into a fundie family and so duggar crazy is somewhat normal to him.

It also seems like jessa and ben are more equal as partners, she doesnt look like she'd take his shit.

I still have hope they'll leave once TLC money dries up. Maybe jessa will write the tell-all to make some cash.

Gonna third this and say Jessa is my favorite least disliked of the married Duggars (although I'm still somewhat hoping Jinger surprises me and breaks out a bit, but I'm not holding my breath on that one). I feel like Jill would just follow Derick wherever he decides to go even if she's uncomfortable, and we know poor Anna is a lost cause. Jessa seems like the wife that's most likely to secretly be wearing the proverbial pants in the household.

@nausicaa, I agree with you on how the Duggar "kids" live. My hubs and I lived with his parents thru two kids while he finished school. Yes, they aren't living in the same house as the parents but they seem to have less independence than we did since Boobie pays the bills and makes the rules.

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

what I don't buy is that she says Ben needs help seeing the baby kick.  He saw Spud kicking - he has way younger siblings 

it's a dog and pony show for Jessa - doing it for the camera and that's it. 

16 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Ugh, yes. The way the Bates and Duggar young marrieds live just does not compute. I lived at home and saved up until I was TWENTY EIGHT to move out and have a financial cushion. And my round trip commute was nearly three hours. 

(And uphill both ways. :character-oldtimer: )

And that is way more normal these days. Scrimping and saving, I mean. Because most of us don't have someone paying for everything. If they ever truly have to work, they'll die. :character-oldtimer: Kids these days! 

On 2016-12-01 at 1:16 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm with you on the blankets But I've had horrible nurses and been treated terribly in the hospital, so it can happen. When/IF it happens remember to complain to the hospital, remember the nurses and aids names what room you or your loved one was in and the house nurse (or head nurse of the hospital) what happened.   

L&D nursers are used to outbursts from laboring women.  I threw a blood pressure cuff AND a telephone, after 20+ hours of laboring and about 3 hours of pushing, I was DONE, exhausted it was 11 pm on Nov 27th and I hadn't slept but MAYBE 2 hours since 6:00 am on Nov 26th. That was when the head nurse on l&d heard and came to see "what the hell was going on" and my poor little nurse, who was new, got an ear full for not calling her sooner. I also advise not giving birth on a holiday if at all possible. 

I do laugh about things like modesty, when I was a teen I was always horrified that my mom would come to my room naked, I'm like do you have no shame woman? After I had my 1st baby, yeah, you don't.  I had more people looking and or sticking their hand up my vag than I ever though possible. After pooping in the table and having 6 or 7 people looking at wide spread crotch and then another group of nurses fondling your breasts and hooking yourself up to a breast pump not much else can embarrass a woman.  

My delivery was 53 hours from water breaking to baby coming out so I totally understand the being done part. :)

After five years of ivf treatment and the 53 hour delivery I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of people that have seen my private parts. Doctors, nurses, interns, ivf technicians, who ever happend to pass by ... 

I remember one of my SILs telling me that once you get to the end of your labor, you wouldn't care if they wheeled your carcass out to the main thoroughfare in front of the hospital, with your legs in the stirups, as long as they got that kid out, stat.

When i was in labour with my first two, everytime a contraction came on, i would do this thing where i pictured a scene. For example, when giving birth to my daughter, i imagined us cuddling on the couch watching a movie. I vividly pictured every little detail from her hair to the warmth she generated while snuggling. Years later, i read about a PoW who did the same thing to get through torture. 

I  honestly dont remember much about the end of my labours, i did slap my husband (on the thigh) and swear at him for playing angry birds instead of holding my hand during my labour without pain relief so theres that. (i am not a violent person)

On 11/30/2016 at 3:53 PM, SassyPants said:

Reminds me of a joke:

A young man falls in love with a Russian oligarch's daughter. The oligarch decides to ask the young man a few questions in order to make sure that this man is absolutely perfect for his little girl. "How much do you make?" The young man responds, "Well, very little now, but I know that God will provide." "What sort of job do you have?" "I do some odd jobs here and there, but I have faith that God will provide!"

After a few more questions, the oligarch goes to his daughter and says, "Well, the bad news is that he has no job and no prospects, but the good news is that he thinks I'm God!"

On 11/17/2016 at 5:36 PM, RabbitKM said:

Out of pure curiosity, I would like to know what the Duggars score at in terms of things like reading level and logical ability, etc. We've seen writing samples online. I'm just wondering how their educational outcomes compare to the norm. 

But in general, you are right that Jessa really isn't that smart.  She isn't the least bit intellectually curious.  Her posts a long time ago comparing abortion to the Holocaust still prove that point. I doubt she even really watches the news or reads the paper.  It's just so sad how completely fucked up their system is, that they don't even see this as a problem.

I always think about their schooling every time  my kids are bringing home assignments.  Just in gradeschool, one kid has to write an essay on the conditions in factories around the turn of the century and why it was hard for immigrants.  Also create a diorama of the arctic or rain forests, draw a diagram of how the solar system started, understand how animals are related to one another - all sorts of stuff that might touch on evolution and all.  I'm so absolutely sure none of this stuff was ever taught in their home schooling.  Every few months my kids will bring home stuff that I"m sure even as adults the Duggars wouldn't know.

(Not bashing home schooling of course, but when you only have one teacher the quality of the home school is pretty much  dependent on that teacher.)

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

After a few more questions, the oligarch goes to his daughter and says, "Well, the bad news is that he has no job and no prospects, but the good news is that he thinks I'm God!"

HAhah that perfectly sums up Ben. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived