IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 11: Future Baby Mama

samurai_sarah

Carry on from here:

Last post from previous thread, by @VelociRapture

That was earlier in her pregnancy, before she was ready to announce. Many women tend to show earlier with subsequent pregnancies, so switching to baggier tops can help conceal any bump that may appear early on.

She seems to have switched back to more fitted tops for the most part. Which could just be because that's the popular style in maternity wear now. I can personally vouch that I look way better (and feel more confident)  in more fitted outfits at almost 30 weeks pregnant than I do in baggier clothes. Many other women feel the same way too.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah, that two year anniversary video was hard to watch.  Every video/Counting On is like an episode of Seinfeld, sans humor - lots of cringeworthy moments and truly a 'show about nothing'.

I'm sure that they do know about kissing and if they haven't figured it out after two years, they are never going to. 

I agree that Jessa was trying to conceal her pregnancy with the baggy shirts, she has been seen in more snug ones lately. She's definitely not hiding the bump. I wonder will they tell us if bump is a boy or a girl? It would help narrow down the horrible names that we can think of. 

51 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm sure that they do know about kissing and if they haven't figured it out after two years, they are never going to. 

I agree that Jessa was trying to conceal her pregnancy with the baggy shirts, she has been seen in more snug ones lately. She's definitely not hiding the bump. I wonder will they tell us if bump is a boy or a girl? It would help narrow down the horrible names that we can think of. 

Not a chance.  They have to keep people in suspense  tuning in.  Jessa enjoys the speculation and attention.  Didn't they say that Jessa suggested Benjamin Jr. if this one is a boy and that Ben nixed it?  That would have been adding insult on top of injury to Spurgeon. They need to have at least one more horrible name so Spurgy won't feel like an outcast.

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

Not a chance.  They have to keep people in suspense  tuning in.  Jessa enjoys the speculation and attention.  Didn't they say that Jessa suggested Benjamin Jr. if this one is a boy and that Ben nixed it?  That would have been adding insult on top of injury to Spurgeon. They need to have at least one more horrible name so Spurgy won't feel like an outcast.

but this is their version of the wedding kiss 2 years later

I am still in shock over that horrible prepared kiss....they need lessons

as for Spud - we now know he is not in the wedding - i just thought of something if the wedding is sunday and his birthday his sunday - She is leaving him with a sitter on his birthday - that's harsh even for jessa. 

on my 16th my parents were on a cruise :D 

I claim baby #2 as Herman 

1 minute ago, nst said:

as for Spud - we now know he is not in the wedding - i just thought of something if the wedding is sunday and his birthday his sunday - She is leaving him with a sitter on his birthday - that's harsh even for jessa. 

I can't imagine that Spurgy wouldn't be in the wedding.  I think that tweet was about that woman's babysitter going to the wedding and she was joking that the sitter could watch Spurgy but there's no reason to believe that that's why she's going.  Probably just a regular guest if that tweet is to be believed.  His Birthday is Saturday by the way which is probably when the wedding will be.

10 minutes ago, nst said:

Spurgeon's birthday is Saturday. If you're referring to the tweet by that woman whose babysitter is supposedly going to the wedding, I think she meant that since the babysitter will be there with Spurgeon and Jessa, Jessa should have her watch him at the wedding as "revenge" for not being able to babysit her own kids. It sounded like a joke.

Spurgeon's birthday is Saturday. If you're referring to the tweet by that woman whose babysitter is supposedly going to the wedding, I think she meant that since the babysitter will be there with Spurgeon and Jessa, Jessa should have her watch him at the wedding as "revenge" for not being able to babysit her own kids. It sounded like a joke.

Last year, I babysat for a family at a wedding. The mom and older sisters were all in the wedding so I sat with the baby. I also helped with out at the reception and drove the kids home halfway through the reception so they could go to sleep and Mom could enjoy the rest of the party. I got paid pretty well, and got an amazing dinner out of the deal so I was happy!

3 minutes ago, Kate11 said:

Last year, I babysat for a family at a wedding. The mom and older sisters were all in the wedding so I sat with the baby. I also helped with out at the reception and drove the kids home halfway through the reception so they could go to sleep and Mom could enjoy the rest of the party. I got paid pretty well, and got an amazing dinner out of the deal so I was happy!

Sounds sensible. It's not like Spurgeon actually knows what's going on anyway, why not have someone hang out with the small ones while the grownups take in the wedding? 

I have no problems with babies going to weddings. I think it's mighty cute to see a little one all dressed up. (Now not David Waller style...poor Phillip) and sure they might cry a little but in the grand scheme of fundies...they're not that disruptive. If the wedding is Saturday I can't imagine that Jessa would leave Spurgie home with a babysitter on his birthday. 

25 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

That's what I was trying to say but you said it much more coherently.  As for having someone watch the baby, there will be loads of people there willing to do that, including her mother-in-law.  

Who would Jessa leave the baby home with? All her sisters will be at the wedding. These are not people that hire babysitters. I think anyone she would be willing to leave her baby with would be someone who would be invited to the wedding. 

^ so I'm sure she'd just leave Spurgeon with another guest. Maybe Ben's mom will take care of him while Jessa does her bridesmaid duties.

Or if Ben isn't in the wedding party, maybe he'll do it.

Yeah... I'm gonna go with Ben's mom.

Maybe Tabitha Paine will be on hand at the wedding to watch over all the littles and be prepared to take them home if they get too rambunctious.

When my youngest brother got married (both my hubs and I were in the wedding, as was our 4 YO daughter), we had to get a hotel sitter (thankfully this was a large well known international hotel and the bride is the GD of the hotel's owner, so I trusted their employee) for our 11 month old son and the bride's 13 month old niece The wedding was also out of town and everyone close to us was at the wedding. It was Ok. The reception was held in one of the ballrooms, so I did go up and check on things throughout the day.

38 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Maybe Tabitha Paine will be on hand at the wedding to watch over all the littles and be prepared to take them home if they get too rambunctious.

Do they still have Tabitha Paine there working like a J-Slave? Or has she moved on? 

Hubby and I will both be standing in my brother in law's wedding next month. The people who live in town who I usually trust to babysit are his mom and sisters who of course will all also be in places of honor at the wedding. So my mom is coming into town to watch her. I'd hate for her to see us standing at the altar and have a meltdown, especially since it's an evening wedding. Yikes!

@Carm_88 I'm pretty sure she's still there. Weird though they haven't shown her in family pictures like they used to but she's registered to vote using the Arbor Acres address.

Do we know why Tabitha has been exiled to the Duggars?  Did she do something wrong, and this is her penance?  Or is the nearest she could get to moving out of home, so it feels like freedom to her? 

Is she under the headship of JB, and have to live like Jana, in the girls' bedroom,or does she have a modicum of freedom?  What are her plans for the future?  Why do they never seem to mention her?  Is she treated like a servant, or an extra sister?  Does it count as "home schooling" if someone else is teaching the kids?  So, so many questions.

I wonder if they sent her there as a way to have her meet some new guys to potentially marry (not necessarily the Duggers but other fundie families). I seem to remember that in the Hamilton biography, Eliza was sent to an aunt near the front lines to meet a man since they were all off at war.  I could see a fundie family sending a daughter to another fundie family to help introduce her to more potential suitors.

2 minutes ago, flycat said:

I wonder if they sent her there as a way to have her meet some new guys to potentially marry (not necessarily the Duggers but other fundie families). I seem to remember that in Hamilton, Eliza was sent to a aunt near the front lines to meet a man since they were all off at war.  I could see a fundie family sending a daughter to another fundie family to help introduce her to more potential suitors.

Better she meet other fundie men under the fundie umbrella of protection than venture out and be ruined! 

Or they could just intermarry.

I just remembered there is a fundie family in my community. Initially I thought it was multiple families that all went to the same church, until I learned that they intermarry frequently.

One of their kids told me excitedly how her cousin (same last name as her) was getting married. I asked what the girl's new name would be. The girl replied with the same last name. I was shocked, thinking maybe there were members of this family who weren't against keeping their own name! Maybe they're not so fundie after all, I thought. 

But no, it's just cousins marrying cousins. Which I know isn't as bad as it seems sometimes but the more I hear about this family I wonder how many layers it goes back.

28 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

But no, it's just cousins marrying cousins. Which I know isn't as bad as it seems sometimes but the more I hear about this family I wonder how many layers it goes back.

Yeah that will get a lot more complicated as time goes on. I mean...if they continue to intermarry. They may not, I hope not. It's good to expand the gene pool. 

Yeah the Tabitha thing is weird. I don't know what it means. She's not exactly a SAHD but she's also not a wife so where does that put her in the grand scheme of things? 

1 hour ago, flycat said:

I wonder if they sent her there as a way to have her meet some new guys to potentially marry (not necessarily the Duggers but other fundie families). I seem to remember that in the Hamilton biography, Eliza was sent to an aunt near the front lines to meet a man since they were all off at war.  I could see a fundie family sending a daughter to another fundie family to help introduce her to more potential suitors.

I love that reference!

Why don't the Duggars try that with their boys?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived